Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,334 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866550 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
jennyfar:
@moufpeas, can you help with this?

Sorry guys, false alarm, I finally got through, some white dude was talking about football, smh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
jennyfar:

Sorry guys, false alarm, I finally got through, some white dude was talking about football, smh
Haha! Up gunners! Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
jubel:

Thanks.I applied on the 15th @lekki.You would def get ur text soon.My plc of issue wasn't Abuja tho.It's shefo.Maybe that's why it took long.

AMEN!! Thank you. When I called abuja they told me my own was in sheffield too. So by God's grace mine will come soon too o! When did your online tracking change?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
Personally,

I would advice anyone that wants submit now to go to Abuja to make submission or if you can make your application in Ikeja. Preferably. They seems to have a quicker processing time even less that 15 working days. The woman i spoke to from BHC abuja said some of the applications made in Lekki are taken to Sheffield (and they seem to take longer) because of the high volume of applications they have. All in all its God's favor sha. But from what ive noticed. Im just though i should this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
jennyfar:
@moufpeas, can you help with this?
Hey, sorry 4 late response av bn busy wit my travelin preps....well the numba they calld me from is 094623200 ...dunno if they av anoda numba tho....
Nd pls peeps which airline is better btw arik n emirates ...my popsi kips sayin arik is better bt I dunno any1 from experience pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
anonymous26:

AMEN!! Thank you. When I called abuja they told me my own was in sheffield too. So by God's grace mine will come soon too o! When did your online tracking change?

It changed yesterday the 19th day.The text came In around 2pm same yesterday.Yeah,don't worry,uld hear from them soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
Please does anyone have a current GBP rate?
Got a parallel market rate quote of 257 naira yesterday
Though word off the streets and even officially is the naira is sliding baldy against the majors

moufpeas:
Nd pls peeps which airline is better btw arik n emirates ...my popsi kips sayin arik is better bt I dunno any1 from experience pls?
Arik is faster as in Lagos to London direct flights
Emirates is cheaper but the journey is longer as in Lagos-Dubai-UK
If interested ,check out this thread page for images I uploaded about Qatar airways cheap flights to the UK i.e. London [even cheaper than Emirates]
https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4/183
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Arik is crap.emirates might be longer but it's a more pleasurable experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
pappi009: [color=#990000][/color]

Thanks for the reply...It's actually less than a month hence my dilemma. i already have a CAS(with Oct. 2nd as resumption date) but had to make those payments last week so that my statement of account would reflect enough funds for the tuition balance and maintenance fee(adding the money to my account would mean waiting for an extra 28days).wanna know if applying less than a month would be a bad idea. Also,got a from the school and i was told the latest resumption date is the 25th of October(but this isn't stated on the CAS),dunno if ii should attach the mail to my application? Kinda confused.
Am not sure the mail attachment would be a gud idea, i think its best u communicate with ur uni about modifying the date on ur CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
mayo47:
Am not sure the mail attachment would be a gud idea, i think its best u communicate with ur uni about modifying the date on ur CAS.
The mail is good to go as long as he prints it showing the email address and date of correspondence
Also do know that UKBA knows the latest start date even if it is not indicated on the CAS as their database is updated with all this info the school sends you in form of a PDF

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
sassybee: Hello Everyone, I got my Visa too, thanks @Justwise for everything, funny thing is I didn't get interviewed, too many people had appointments for that day, so they told the rest of us to go at 5pm, my interview was for 2pm, that d application would be forwarded, nd it was, Coz we all got d visa.
Now I'm in a dilemma undecided I got a job while waiting for the visa and and I'm thinking of defering my admission.
Is it too late? School starts on Monday, Is there a process of canceling or defering the visa?.. Pls I need help....

even if u decide to cancel ur program, i dont think u can have ur money back because u hv been issued a visa( only when u get rejected visa that they tend to refund the funds ur paid after deducting a processing fee). i would advice u defer it or find out if ur chosen course can be taken as an online program that is if ur new job is really worth it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
^^^
Spot on
I recall my interviewer smiling when I told her during the interview that the I couldn't get back a refund of my initial deposit from the university I had applied to. cool cool
I recall the school telling me back then a refund is only given when you ar refused a visa
Talk about no small print given to you before payment grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bobodudu100: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hey Nlanders..i wanted to find out if a university sponsors someone is it are there some specific things that need to be done with regards that, apart from providing an official document stating their intention to take care of miantenance funds? I also wanted to know if the university needs to pay part of the school fees before putting the application through. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bobodudu100: 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pls guys do u have any advice for someone attending interview soon, what are they likely to ask? Abeg help ur guy out...cheers guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
bobo_dudu100: Pls guys do u have any advice for someone attending interview soon, what are they likely to ask? Abeg help ur guy out...cheers guys

If u research thru dis thread, u get to see the possible questions. check the last 5 pages
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
bobo_dudu100: Pls guys do u have any advice for someone attending interview soon, what are they likely to ask? Abeg help ur guy out...cheers guys

We were told at the centre to keep our answers smart and brief. Not too brief but no long stories. Also speak out loud and not too fast.

some sample questions
1. Name of your school
2. Course you're offering
3. Why you picked the school
4. Why you want to school in the Uk
5. If you have ever visited the Uk. why?
6. If you have family in the Uk. where?
7. If you are under 18 they are likely to ask you whare you would be staying
8. If you considered any other school. Why you picked the school you did.
9. If you considered any other country. Why you picked the uk
10. What you plan to do on completion of your course

Thats all I can remember for now. Goodluck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eminado: 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
fg17:

Am will be heading to IOE University of London, within the same vicinity with SOAS. Let's hook up and make plan man. Good to meet you.

Hello, i'm a female thou cheesy , just saw from further posts that u received a scholarship..congrats! Where do you stay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fg17: 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
vivichocs: hey fg, I will be applying for the Commonwealth Scholarship this year, will appreciate any advice from you as regards what to do so as to be among d lucky winners..secondly what kind of questions were you asked during the interview? ...tanx in anticipation. .

tried sending u a pm buh wasnt successful so had to quote u here..

I am actually for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. The one the UK Unis nominate candidates for, not the regular on the country nominates and call for interview. though whichever one, all you need is to follow the instructions for applicants and put up a good personal statement and justifications, follow through. After you have done all there is to(your best) then you leave the rest to the Almighty God in prayers, for HE has the final say.

Never had to attend any interview as a shared scholarship candidate. Have seen your PM and will reply, so watch out.

Wish you all the best, "It's Possible"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
jubel: Thanks to Almighty God.I just picked up my visa after 19working days.Thank u Justwise,Aristocrat,and all.God bless you endlessly.

Congratulations! Enjoy your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:04am On Sep 12, 2013
bobo_dudu100: Hey Nlanders..i wanted to find out if a university sponsors someone is it are there some specific things that need to be done with regards that, apart from providing an official document stating their intention to take care of miantenance funds? I also wanted to know if the university needs to pay part of the school fees before putting the application through. thanks

All you need is that sponsor letter that will state clearly how much the scholarship worth (full or half scholarship)

The issue of paying school fees before applying for visa will depend on the school you are applying to, if they want you to pay part of the fees then yes you have to and get the CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fg17: 12:41am On Sep 12, 2013
eminado:

Hello, i'm a female thou cheesy , just saw from further posts that u received a scholarship..congrats! Where do you stay?

Oh! Good to know you are female shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2013
n
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2013
sollie001: Hi everyone! hi justwise, I saw 2 missed calls from their 094623200 number. wasn't with my phone when it came. i.ve tried calling back this morning (past 8amm) and it's still sayin they're out of office. When should i call, please? also, what could be the reason for their call?

Call them after 10am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2013
justwise:

Call them after 10am

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eminado: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2013
fg17:

Oh! Good to know you are female shocked

Haha, your sarcasm is a bit lost on me, anyway have you gotten accommodation yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2013
justwise:

Call them after 10am

hmmm, 10:14 and still saying "out of office"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:21am On Sep 12, 2013
sollie001:

hmmm, 10:14 and still saying "out of office"

Which number are you using?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 10:47am On Sep 12, 2013
justwise:

Which number are you using?

my
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 11:23am On Sep 12, 2013
justwise please what do you think I should do. I'm nervous here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
sollie001: justwise please what do you think I should do. I'm nervous here.

I can understand how you feel but keep calling and also email them, keep your phone close you because they may call back any time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
sollie001:

my mtn line--the same number they reached me through.

it's actually saying that their offices are currently closed and i should call back during office hours. whereas, they're to be in office by now, given the time specified in their auto reply
Try dem on dis numba +23494622200
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
I'll be travelin on sat ...pls wot are d docs they will ask 4 @ d POE ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.