Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866815 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 11:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
abbakacici: House I summit my visa on thursday but am yet to recived my visa application ref number is that a problem or not
It is not sent to you. It is written on a ticket slip given to you stapled to a photocopy of your passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
If ur skul has reviewed ur english already, do u still need to submit ur waec result with ur visa applications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:15am On Sep 10, 2013
Crystobalite: Thanks to justwise and many others, i got my visa after 10 day. It came on my birthday. What a gift.
I wasnt able to ask questions here but i read the whole pages 1 to 173.....
University of Sheffield.
Thanks JUSTWISE

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:16am On Sep 10, 2013
enoch77: Gud justwise .. Plz for God sake I urgent repply on my post .. Plz . I was refused ukvisa the decision stated that I submited photocopies document but with my best knowlegde I submited originals .. Plz what can I do ?

Post your question here https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

This is a wrong thread for your question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:19am On Sep 10, 2013
lalla89: NO I have about £10000 in my saving so if remove £5800 out of the money the remaining will not be enough for me as maintenance fee to apply for my visa.But if it is £2000 abt £8000 will reamin in my account and is enough for me as maintenance fee to apply for my visa.that is why I need a college or uni that will accept the deposit of £2000. Hope u will help oga justwise

There is no short cut, you need to have your school fees + the maintenance money, even if you saw a school that requires no deposit and issued you a CAS you still need to show that you have the whole money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:21am On Sep 10, 2013
anyibaba50: Guys just picked-up my visa today! There are two things I want to tell you guys about. One is about the guy that was refused visa because the ECO concluded that his money was only available for 21days because he saw transactions from 31st July. I meet a guy today at the VAC who was refused visa because he didn't include a bank statement eventhough he did. The guy applied for an administrative review and he said today was tHe fifth day and guess what, he received his visa. I feel that if this boy got his visa after five days of administrative review, that other guy that was refused should apply immediately.
Secondly I enter plane from ABUJA to owerri,na so inside d plane hot well-well o, na so they plane one begin tax,everybody come begin shout say we can't fly dis plane o, they com of-load us begin work d plane for over 30mins,finally they com transfer us to another plane. Nigeria sef! Wetin pain me be say the air-hostress they smile they tell us say the plane go cool for sky!

Guys. See me see wahala!

I pretty much doubt that line of story.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 12:29am On Sep 10, 2013
justwise:

I pretty much doubt that line of story.
Ah! Mr Justwise, I was beginning to consider the Administrative Review Option but this statement of yours is making me have doubts. Please, do you think it's not possible to have a reply to an administrative review in 10-working days? You probably saw my case, do I have a chance at having my refusal overturned too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:43am On Sep 10, 2013
humble_dove:
Ah! Mr Justwise, I was beginning to consider the Administrative Review Option but this statement of yours is making me have doubts. Please, do you think it's not possible to have a reply to an administrative review in 10-working days? You probably saw my case, do I have a chance at having my refusal overturned too?

I never heard of adim review that took 5days, like i said i pretty much doubt the story, if i were you i will reapply, much quicker than admin review
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 1:00am On Sep 10, 2013
justwise:

I never heard of adim review that took 5days, like i said i pretty much doubt the story, if i were you i will reapply, much quicker than admin review
Okay. Thank you sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 5:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Please justwise..... when I downloaded the appendix 8, I discover it is for tier 4 applicants only while am applying for student visiting visa. 'Please does this mean I don't need to fill this or as a student visiting visa applicant, do I have different form of this type to fill'? Thank you!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anyibaba50: 7:30am On Sep 10, 2013
Don Oms:
Congrats about your visa. I have never heard that Admin Review thing taking a short time like that o. Did the guy apply via e-mail or by hand @ the Abuja office? Strange things happen though. And as for your flight, well, this is Nigeria.

I saw him with my own eyes yesterday. The mistake I made was that I didn't get his number. But I remember he said something about contacting a law firm that drafted a sort of letter for him and he used it for the administrative review.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anyibaba50: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2013
humble_dove:
Thanks for mentioning that information. I was the one ECO refused visa. I have been contemplating on the Administrative Review or Re-Application. But more than anything, I want the refusal cleared. Please, I have the forms already although not yet filled. No address was written on the refusal notice and I'm confused on where to address it to or which e-mail to send it too. Please, can you reply me with the address or e-mail the other fellow used?

He said something about contacting a law firm that drafted a sort of letter for him and he used it for the administrative review.I wish I collected his number. But get the law firm letter ready first.while I make some inquires and get back to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 7:53am On Sep 10, 2013
holyboy.com:
Hey guys sorry to bother you guys. I know most of you already have your visa now. I did make my application 2day. Usually VFS office normally sends sms notification of dispatchment to abuja but i have not recieved any yet. Is dis normal. I jst checked my email and saw a mail from them. Please i have dis feelings my application will be smooth but just want to know how long it takes to get and sms @ least to track my application and also how long will it take. 4 courier to deliver ones parcel in Lagos. Jst curious and worried kind of. Please guys pray 4 me.. Wanna drop my goodnews too.

Hey, I'm sure you must have received the sms by now. I submitted yesterday as well, and my own sms came in around 3am this morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2013
anyibaba50:

He said something about contacting a law firm that drafted a sort of letter for him and he used it for the administrative review.I wish I collected his number. But get the law firm letter ready first.while I make some inquires and get back to you

anyibaba50:

I saw him with my own eyes yesterday. The mistake I made was that I didn't get his number. But I remember he said something about contacting a law firm that drafted a sort of letter for him and he used it for the administrative review.

I think i have some idea where this is heading to.......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joel911: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2013
Changes to Tier 4 Visa application fees.

For those who will be putting up application from now henceforth, be aware that the visa fee has been increased from N77,480 to N80,460. An additional charge of N500 for handling fee and an optional SMS charge of N400 is also payable along with the new visa fee regime.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2013
humble_dove:
Thanks for mentioning that information. I was the one ECO refused visa. I have been contemplating on the Administrative Review or Re-Application. But more than anything, I want the refusal cleared. Please, I have the forms already although not yet filled. No address was written on the refusal notice and I'm confused on where to address it to or which e-mail to send it too. Please, can you reply me with the address or e-mail the other fellow used?

There supposed to be an address where to send the form on that administrative review request form, if you can't find any then post it to British embassy directly and also email a copy to them, mark your envelop: 'Administrative review' clearly.

You don't need any law firm or lawyer to write jack for you, its pretty easy stuff to do, you can use this guide if at all there is something you are not sure about .http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/admin-review-guide.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Sep 10, 2013
@anyibaba50

Do not drop anybody/ law firm contact details here, promotion of any sort of agent/agency is not allowed.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2013
joel911: Changes to Tier 4 Visa application fees.

For those who will be putting up application from now henceforth, be aware that the visa fee has been increased from N77,480 to N80,460. An additional charge of N500 for handling fee and an optional SMS charge of N400 is also payable along with the new visa fee regime.

Thanks for this update
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2013
NaijaIhail: Please justwise..... when I downloaded the appendix 8, I discover it is for tier 4 applicants only while am applying for student visiting visa. 'Please does this mean I don't need to fill this or as a student visiting visa applicant, do I have different form of this type to fill'? Thank you!!!

Take your time and go through this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf1-guidance.pdf

Tells you all you need to know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 9:27am On Sep 10, 2013
justwise:

There supposed to be an address where to send the form on that administrative review request form, if you can't find any then post it to British embassy directly and also email a copy to them, mark your envelop: 'Administrative review' clearly.

You don't need any law firm or lawyer to write jack for you, its pretty easy stuff to do, you can use this guide if at all there is something you are not sure about .http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/admin-review-guide.pdf
Thank you very much Mr Justwise. Actually, I've been seeing 2 addresses for the British Embassy: One is "Dangote House, 33 Aguyi Ironsi, Maitama" and the other "19 Torrens Close, Maitama." Please which should I use and could is this the email: Abuja.Visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2013
humble_dove:
Thank you very much Mr Justwise. Actually, I've been seeing 2 addresses for the British Embassy: One is "Dangote House, 33 Aguyi Ironsi, Maitama" and the other "19 Torrens Close, Maitama." Please which should I use and could is this the email: Abuja.Visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk.

Use the Abuja address, they seems to be quicker with things, yes the email address will do using the appropriate subject.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2013
anyibaba50:

Thank you very much bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2013
justwise:

Use the Abuja address, they seems to be quicker with things, yes the email address will do using the appropriate subject.
Thanks for your reply. Sir, both addresses I wrote are Abuja. I don't know if it is the same building or two different ones.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2013
humble_dove:
Thanks for your reply. Sir, both addresses I wrote are Abuja. I don't know if it is the same building or two different ones.

This is complete Abuja address 19 Torrens Close, Mississippi, Maitama Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2013
justwise:

This is complete Abuja address 19 Torrens Close, Mississippi, Maitama Abuja
Okay. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2013
humble_dove:
I think u shld send a Pm to that guy who reported the story mayb he can shed more light to u on exactly how the review took place. If u hv enof dough to spend mayb u cAn try both review and reApplicAtion.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lalla89: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2013
Don Oms:
Some schools don't ask for money (e.g. Cranfield Uni.) And some ask for as low as £1000 (Sheffield Hallam) and some anything between £1000 and £5000. But the truth is, whatever amount you're paying as deposit, you have to show UKBA you have the rest before they give you visa.
Thank you very much with the info I will check the schools even thou september admission has past but wll apply for january,but please like how much will I save in my account before I got my visa at UKBA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lordbeans(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2013
lalla89: Thank you very much with the info I will check the schools even thou september admission has past but wll apply for january,but please like how much will I save in my account before I got my visa at UKBA

post like this justifies justwise ruthless response initially on this thread that i condemned. Pls lalla89 read through this thread before asking questions. I bet you will be glad u did.

Regards

lordbeans
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marcdeco: 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
Don Oms:
If classes begin on the 30th of Sept, it means that date will most likely be the latest resumption date. If your money will be 28-days old by 30th, you can only apply that day or the next (earliest) and there will be 0 days allotted for visa processing.
The implication: REFUSAL.
Your Choices: Ask your school for latest resumption time and if it is not 30th and leaves at least 12 working days from 30th, then apply. If not, please ask for deferral till January next year (if your school allows January intake) or September next year.

Hi guys

Can you help me with this please:

How will my original doc be returned to me?
My CAS stated just 2 docs (Engineering certificate and a language certificate) but i have applied for the course with other things like reference and transcripts...Should i also include them in my visa application?
I will use my sister bank account should i send her birthday certificate in my application file to prove the relationship?
During online application do we have to upload scanned copies of our supporting docs?

Thanks for yours answers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
mubby08:

Hey, I'm sure you must have received the sms by now. I submitted yesterday as well, and my own sms came in around 3am this morning.
i summit on Thursday but yet to received any SMS yet am a bit afraid
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
marcdeco:

Hi guys

Can you help me with this please:

How will my original doc be returned to me?
My CAS stated just 2 docs (Engineering certificate and a language certificate) but i have applied for the course with other things like reference and transcripts...Should i also include them in my visa application?
I will use my sister bank account should i send her birthday certificate in my application file to prove the relationship?
During online application do we have to upload scanned copies of our supporting docs?

Thanks for yours answers.
1. Your documents will be returned to you when the visa processing is completed. You can collect your pack at the application centre or at your correspondence address (if you pay for the courier service). Ensure you submit a photocopy of each documents, except the bank statement and the forms. PS.- you can make photocopies of the forms too, but for your personal record purpose.
2. You NEED to include documents as indicated on your CAS document. If you have those other documents you mentioned you can add them, if you WISH.
3. You WON'T upload any documents while applying online.
4. You can't use your sister's account. Ask her to pay the required fund into your personal account or you can use your parent's but you'll have to provide your birth certificate and a letter of consent from your parent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.