Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (867009 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mostly ur CAS letter and u might be ask where u'll be staying in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
moufpeas: I'll be travelin on sat ...pls wot are d docs they will ask 4 @ d POE ?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bobodudu100: 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
anonymous26:

We were told at the centre to keep our answers smart and brief. Not too brief but no long stories. Also speak out loud and not too fast.

some sample questions
1. Name of your school
2. Course you're offering
3. Why you picked the school
4. Why you want to school in the Uk
5. If you have ever visited the Uk. why?
6. If you have family in the Uk. where?
7. If you are under 18 they are likely to ask you whare you would be staying
8. If you considered any other school. Why you picked the school you did.
9. If you considered any other country. Why you picked the uk
10. What you plan to do on completion of your course

Thats all I can remember for now. Goodluck

You are far too kind..Thanks so much for your quality answers, it means a lot..smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hey guys i wanted to find out if it is possible for someone to use an account previously used by another person as an evidence for money available (28 day ish) after that person has used it.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
bobo_dudu100:

You are far too kind..Thanks so much for your quality answers, it means a lot..smiley

glad i could help. Anytime smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys i wanted to find out if it is possible for someone to use an account previously used by another person as an evidence for money available (28 day ish) after that person has used it.thanks

If you are being sponsored by the same person. you should be able to as long as you have sufficient fund for both applications. E.g If you and your sister/brother are using any of your parents account, it should have atleast 14,400 pounds (assuming your tuition was paid in full). to be on a safe side smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
moufpeas:
Try dem on dis numba +23494622200

thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
justwise:

I can understand how you feel but keep calling and also email them, keep your phone close you because they may call back any time.

Thanks justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ekpanbaghi: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Good day. I wish to do a masters in the UK. I have all the documents and finances to apply for the visa and have read extensively this thread. My grey area is that my secondary school surname I changed before enrolling for the university. However, I didn't put the former name in the "other names" section of the visit visa forms I filled thrice over the years. I didn't because I didn't think it was important as the change is over 15 years ago. I am concerned now because in applying for a sudent visa now, my waec result will reflect that old name. I don't know what to do! Pls help, anyone!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
jennyfar:

I wasn't with my phone when the call came in, I've tried calling back, I can't hear anything at the other end

same for me Jennifer. i wasn't with my phone when they called. i hope to call back tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
ekpanbaghi: Good day. I wish to do a masters in the UK. I have all the documents and finances to apply for the visa and have read extensively this thread. My grey area is that my secondary school surname I changed before enrolling for the university. However, I didn't put the former name in the "other names" section of the visit visa forms I filled thrice over the years. I didn't because I didn't think it was important as the change is over 15 years ago. I am concerned now because in applying for a sudent visa now, my waec result will reflect that old name. I don't know what to do! Pls help, anyone!!!

I don't think it is a big problem. Go to the nearest high court and get an affidavit of "change of name" stating the name you currently use. You may also put up a newspaper publication to that effect. Then explain the change of name in your visa application form and attach the affidavit (it will be returned to you).

I had a similar issue but I did all the above and got my visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marcdeco: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hi

Can you help please

I want to know if we can just print a bank statement available from a bank online account and join to a visa application?
Or we need to receive one with something special from our bank officer?

Thanks for your prompt reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
marcdeco: Hi

Can you help please

I want to know if we can just print a bank statement available from a bank online account and join to a visa application?

if the one online contains all the standard info of bank statement then use it else print from your bank branch
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
sollie001:

Thanks justwise. They didn't call back o. had to go to the deputy high commission in Lagos, there, i got another number with which to call them.

please what's their email address?

try this : PPAInformation.abuja@fco.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ekpanbaghi: 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thanks HOS13. I just figured the ECO might reject me because I didn't disclose in earlier visit visa applications. I have a sworn affidavit and a newspaper publication to that effect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
ekpanbaghi: Thanks HOS13. I just figured the ECO might reject me because I didn't disclose in earlier visit visa applications. I have a sworn affidavit and a newspaper publication to that effect.
I don't think that should be a problem, really. You didn't include those documents in your previous application 'cos you had nothing to prove with them, now they are relevant to address the discrepancy in your name. Just go ahead and include them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fg17: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
eminado:

Haha, your sarcasm is a bit lost on me, anyway have you gotten accommodation yet?
Don't mind me my sister. I will be staying at my uni hall of residence. How about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 10:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
Anyone have a current GBP to naira quote?
I'm hearing 260 for one pound
ABSOLUTly Killing quote

mayo47:
For example, can one who has not arranged for accommodation before he gets in to the UK say the university accommodation but one wants to see it physically before committing to paying for it?
Personally I've been looking at some hotels online as a place to stay for maximum a week whilst searching for private accomodation when my boots hit UK's soil
^^^ abeg make una help answer esp the bolded above
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
You have to also have the bank stamp on the online bank statement you provide as the tier 4 immigration rule applies.
justwise:

if the one online contains all the standard info of bank statement then use it else print from your bank branch
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 11:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
ochukoccna: Anyone have a current GBP to naira quote?
ABSOLUTly Killing quote

For example, can one who has not arranged for accommodation before he gets in to the UK say the university accommodation but one wants to see it physically before committing to paying for it?
Personally I've been looking at some hotels online as a place to stay for maximum a week whilst searching for private accomodation when my boots hit UK's soil
^^^ abeg make una help answer esp the bolded above please just said that you will stay at school accommodation , ukba will not follow to uk and find out where you are staying , saying that you don't know where you will stay might effect your visa
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by OmoB93: 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hi, I think the statement is supposed to carry the stamp of the bank. Whichever way to be on the safer side, i think you should just print it at the bank. All the best.
marcdeco: Hi

Can you help please

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 12:01am On Sep 13, 2013
ABSOLUTly Killing quote

Thanks

If you want to have excellent exchange rates please deal directly with your bank. I got a rate of 246 or so from a first generation bank last week! All you need is your e-ticket(for your flight) and your passport.

As for accommodation, I think it depends on what you want and where you are going but I suggest you start searching online before you leave Naija so that as soon as you arrive, you can start viewing all the available properties. There are a couple of websites: gumtree, rightmove etc where you can see some of the properties available in your city. Some universities also help secure private accommodation for their students so you might also check with them too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 7:02am On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks HOS, I'll see if my bank changes their stance of buy fund it yourself when I have my visa and e ticket it tow
wink wink
I know about em gumtree and other sites
What I was saying is what does one reply the immigration officials at the airport when asked where will you be staying? undecided
Does one reply the university even though one intends on sourcing for private accommodation?
Apologies if my question was not lucid enough earlier
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:10am On Sep 13, 2013
ABSOLUTly Killing quote

Thanks

Get yourself a hotel accommodation for 3-4 days, there are budget hotels like Travelodge, premier Inn, ibis hotel, holiday inn.... some of these hotels are located close to many universities.

Like you pointed out...never pay for a room you did not physically see and sign tenancy agreement.

There are many ways of getting yourself an accommodation...visit your school international office and ask for list of private landlords, or go to your school noticeboard students who are looking for flatmates put up notice there.

Some landlords or students also put up room adverts on off-license shop windows, you will see alot of them in shops close to your uni.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Sep 13, 2013
ochukoccna: Thanks HOS, I'll see if my bank changes their stance of buy fund it yourself when I have my visa and e ticket it tow
wink wink
What I was saying is what does one reply the immigration officials at the airport when asked where will you be staying? undecided
Does one reply the university even though one intends on sourcing for private accommodation?

If you are asked tell them that you have made a temporarily accommodation(hotel etc) arrangement where you will stay until you find a permanent accommodation.

Be very careful with gumtree, its a hot-bed of scammers, you can use roomates, its safer than gumtree
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 7:22am On Sep 13, 2013
Hai everyone ,I got a call from embacy that I need to attend an interview at bhc.is that means they gonna reject my application ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Kiran14: Hai everyone ,I got a call from embacy that I need to attend an interview at bhc.is that means they gonna reject my application ?
Its normal to be called for an interview, nothing to be worried about
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 7:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Kiran14: Hai everyone ,I got a call from embacy that I need to attend an interview at bhc.is that means they gonna reject my application ?
Nope! Lol ...they prolly wanna clarify sumtins...jst be prepared to ansa questions well.....infact I must them call u mean u av a very hi chance of gettin ur visa ....if they wanna refuse u , they won't even call u ...they'll jst refuse u n return ur app....all. D best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 7:41am On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

If you are asked tell them that you have made a temporarily accommodation(hotel etc) arrangement where you will stay until you find a permanent accommodation.
Be very careful with gumtree, its a hot-bed of scammers, you can use roomates, its safer than gumtree
Oga justwise, thank you for all your help in this travel section to Nigerians and other nationalities not only those who want to study now, are studying but even those travelling for other reasons.
To think you moderate the travel section, answer questions, give advice and then run your own hustle is awesome
On behalf of all of us, I say thank you
cool cool
I take note about Gumtree shocked
Thanks
I do not think so
Maybe the interviewing officer saw a red flag on your application
Hope you had genuine documents sha wink wink
No need to be fretful if you did your part in honesty
just go see them with an assured and confident demeanour
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 8:02am On Sep 13, 2013
ochukoccna: Thanks HOS, I'll see if my bank changes their stance of buy fund it yourself when I have my visa and e ticket it tow
wink wink

Ok. Well, I don't think you should bother so much about the address. You may write your university's address in your landing card and it is unlikely the immigration officer will ask you.

I never said you should pay for any room without inspecting it first. I was only suggesting that you should start scouting early because securing private accommodation can be a hustle.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2013
Albertseun, am waiting 4 ur response u might be of help in coventry. Any other guy going 2 coventry uni?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2013
HOS13:
Ok. Well, I don't think you should bother so much about the address. You may write your university's address in your landing card and it is unlikely the immigration officer will ask you.
I never said you should pay for any room without inspecting it first. I was only suggesting that you should start scouting early because securing private accommodation can be a hustle.
Good luck.
Nah you got it mixed up grin grin
It was the immigration peeps at the airport I meant to tell that [about inspecting the room] but Justwise has clarified with a better answer to guive 'em

Yep I'm all for the early scouting too
Already on it sef

BTW, am curious
About how many GBP this first generation bank wan sell you? undecided
Allotted BTA limits?

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.