Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866581 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
sollie001:

where did they ask you to attend the interview? Abuja or Lagos?
. Dude I am from India ......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
anonymous26:

No, you're ok they probably just need to clarify something, For them to have called you, low chance of rejection if you answer well. If they wanted to reject they wouldn't even bother to call.

Did you do an interview before?
no dude....I am afraid ....I previously been in uk.so may be that is why...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
k-solo2013:
mz_enna were in london are u and how u enjoying it so far
. Strout Green Road, Finsbury Park. Still searching for accommodation. My school is in Bristol. The weather is getting cold. Get some warm clothing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
marcdeco: Hi

Can you help please

I want to know if we can just print a bank statement available from a bank online account and join to a visa application?
Or we need to receive one with something special from our bank officer?

Thanks for your prompt reply
justwise:

if the one online contains all the standard info of bank statement then use it else print from your bank branch

OmoB93: Hi, I think the statement is supposed to carry the stamp of the bank. Whichever way to be on the safer side, i think you should just print it at the bank. All the best.
You have your answers above. If the statement has all the required info as Justwise said, use it. BUT PLEASE, take it to your bank for Stamp & Signature as OmoB93 has said. It will save you a "possible refusal."
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kiran14: no dude....I am afraid ....I previously been in uk.so may be that is why...

LOL I have been to the uk before too, i doubt it has anything to do with it. They changed their rule earlier this year so that all tier 4 applicants would be interviewed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
21 days today sad. Im just confused as to why the office in sheffield replied me last week thursday (5th) to say they were considering my visa that day and over a week later. Nothing still
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
mz_enna: I arrived London yesterday, excited much. This thread rocks!!!

Welcome, and all the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Arrive london today! Nice tho,a lil bit rainy @hertfordshire!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kiran14: I never attend an interview in bhc.i am afraid .

What was the reason?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
ynx: Arrive london today! Nice tho,a lil bit rainy @hertfordshire!

All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
[quote author=moufpeas][/quote]
Pls wat did they ask u @ point of entry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 12:17am On Sep 14, 2013
anonymous26: 21 days today sad. Im just confused as to why the office in sheffield replied me last week thursday (5th) to say they were considering my visa that day and over a week later. Nothing still

I reckon it takes a bit. My visa stamp says it was issued on the 28th, I didn't see an update until the 2nd/3rd. Be patient. It takes a bit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 12:18am On Sep 14, 2013
@mubby08. Where are you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 1:29am On Sep 14, 2013
Bibrahim:

I reckon it takes a bit. My visa stamp says it was issued on the 28th, I didn't see an update until the 2nd/3rd. Be patient. It takes a bit

Thank you. Hopefully I get something by monday/tuesday. In Shaa Allah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 4:52am On Sep 14, 2013
anonymous26: 21 days today sad. Im just confused as to why the office in sheffield replied me last week thursday (5th) to say they were considering my visa that day and over a week later. Nothing still
have you ever been in uk?if you are,they will take ages because mine take 26 working days after that they called for interview after 14 days.One of my friend they took 60 working days but not called for interview .So don't worry.i am waiting for my interview .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 4:55am On Sep 14, 2013
Aristoqrat:

What was the reason?
i been in uk previously so may be thats y they called me for interview .i back to my country when we lost the college licence but home office never send any kind of letter.i think they want some clarification about this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Kiran14: i been in uk previously so may be thats y they called me for interview .i back to my country when we lost the college licence but home office never send any kind of letter.i think they want some clarification about this.

Kiran14: i been in uk previously so may be thats y they called me for interview .i back to my country when we lost the college licence but home office never send any kind of letter.i think they want some clarification about this.

It got nothing to do with one previous trip to the UK, this is Sept, its rush period and application takes 20 working days or more even
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2013
moufpeas:
Pls wat did they ask u @ point of entry?

CAS, why did u choose uk and d school, have u bin to uk before, if u hv another visa on ur passprt,u must know when u went there,who u went to see......are you come bk to naija, where are u gonna start?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mj87: 8:46am On Sep 14, 2013
hi , i have to asked to attend for a personal interview at BHC but i hvn't got my schedule for the same and i'm really afraid for my tier 4 visa interview. i know the would ask about my intention of study , funds and all but don't know why i'm afraid. could anyone help me out here? plzz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2013
Justwise, someone mentioned bank statement and I just realised that mine wasn't stamped but the covering letter was signed a bit worried. Is there a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2013
princessmoi: Justwise, someone mentioned bank statement and I just realised that mine wasn't stamped [b]but the covering letter was signed [/b]a bit worried. Is there a problem?

Covering letter from the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:02am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

Covering letter from the bank?

Yea( indicating I've been banking with them etc etc thought it goes together with the statement?) plus a six month bank statement print out but I just realised it wasn't stamped.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Sep 14, 2013
princessmoi:

Yea( indicating I've been banking with them etc etc thought it goes together with the statement?) plus a six month bank statement print out but I just realised it wasn't stamped.

Why 6months bank statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

sad i told them i need a statement of just 28days but when i received i saw a 6mths statement, was kinda confused though and i asked the question here and some1 said its not a problem, justwise i am worried now o.... please advice please sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2013
I thank everyone who contributed to my issue earlier. I have re-applied last Thursday after weighing my options. I'm confident by God's grace I'll be given the VISA this time but I have a new question. I initially wanted an Admin Review basically to clear my record of refusal since I didn't intend to deceive the BHC but follow their 28-day Statement strictly. I would have applied for Review simultaneously with another application but I'm scared it may affect me eventually since Tier-4 Policy didn't state the possibility. I still want my records cleared and I'm thinking of applying for Admin Review after I get my VISA (once the 28 day since refusal hasn't elapsed). Do you guys think it's okay I do that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 10:41am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

I believe 6 months is better. I printed exactly 28 days and was refused because the ECO counted from the first transaction on the statement thus amounting to 21 days. To be safer I think it's okay. Was your covering letter stamped? If it is, then you're okay. Even if it's not, remain calm & pray too. You've submitted already and all you can get now is a reply. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2013
humble_dove:
I believe 6 months is better. I printed exactly 28 days and was refused because the ECO counted from the first transaction on the statement thus amounting to 21 days. To be safer I think it's okay. Was your covering letter stamped? If it is, then you're okay. Even if it's not, remain calm & pray too. You've submitted already and all you can get now is a reply. Goodluck!

Thanks dear, i am just too worried right now. Justwise please say something.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2013
humble_dove:

No its not ok, the rule stated clearly that the money should be kept in the account for 28days and not more than a month after the 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

No its not ok, the rule stated clearly that the money should be kept in the account for 28days and not more than a month after the 28days.

sad but the money has been there for 28days sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2013
princessmoi:

sad i told them i need a statement of just 28days but when i received i saw a 6mths statement, was kinda confused though and i asked the question here and some1 said its not a problem, justwise i am worried now o.... please advice please sad

Hmmmm....hands on heart i sincerely hope that you are given a visa but if you got refused then you got yourself to blame because you had all the time to go through this thread as i gave you the link months ago.

In that 6months bank statement..when was the complete money paid (fees + maintenance money ) in the account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

[EDITED] Yes, you're right sir. The rules also said that the 28 days will be counted from the day of closing balance(print date) backwards. So in essence, they should count from print date backwards and once 28 days is reached, discard other transactions above. I think that's the logical thing to do although I don't trust them (ECOs) because of what they did to me. And please sir, help advise on my question. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2013
humble_dove:
Yes, you're right sir. The rules also said that the 28 days will be counted from the day of closing balance upwards. So in essence, they should count from print date upwards and once 28 days is reached, discard other transactions above. I think that's the logical thing to do although I don't trust them (ECOs) for what they did to me.

No again, the counting is backwards, from the printing date to the date the complete money was deposited in the account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.