Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866843 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Bibrahim: @mubby08. Where are you?

I'm here o my dear...dis is my waiting period.its been only 4 working days since I applied and it already feels like 4eva sad. I'm guessing u're in Manchester already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 11:07am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

No again, the counting is backwards, from the printing date to the date the complete money was deposited in the account.
Sorry for the bad grammar. I meant "backwards" (date-wise). I used "upwards" as I was mentally visualizing the bank statement transactions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

Hmmmm....hands on heart i sincerely hope that you are given a visa but if you got refused then you got yourself to blame because you had all the time to go through this thread as i gave you the link months ago.

In that 6months bank statement..when was the complete money paid (fees + maintenance money ) in the account?

sad i have paid the full fees so its only the maintenance fee of 7200 i had to show and the money was complete in my account on 31st of july, it didnt go below the required amount, transaction was made on the 27th of August (salary was paid in) and on the 28th i printed out the statement and applied the next day 29th.

Honestly i really did go through the links and went through this thread from the beginning i got all the info i needed, i did asked about the 6mths statement but i guess u didnt see it. The bank was ready to print out just 28days but some1 said it was ok. sad i feel so bad right now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Sep 14, 2013
princessmoi:

sad i have paid the full fees so its only the maintenance fee of 7200 i had to show and the money was complete in my account on 31st of july, it didnt go below the required amount, transaction was made on the 27th of August (salary was paid in) and on the 28th i printed out the statement and applied the next day 29th.

Honestly i really did go through the links and went through this thread from the beginning i got all the info i needed, i did asked about the 6mths statement but i guess u didnt see it. The bank was ready to print out just 28days but some1 said it was ok. sad i feel so bad right now.

Based on the bolded part...you may not have problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 11:16am On Sep 14, 2013
mj87: hi , i have to asked to attend for a personal interview at BHC but i hvn't got my schedule for the same and i'm really afraid for my tier 4 visa interview. i know the would ask about my intention of study , funds and all but don't know why i'm afraid. could anyone help me out here? plzz

I posted some questions they ask you can check for it. Also did you attend any interview before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

Based on the bolded part...you may not have problem.

...even though there was no stamp on it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2013
Hello all, I would like to find out if a fixed deposit account can be used to show evidence of money available for study @ the uk. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2013
humble_dove: I thank everyone who contributed to my issue earlier. I have re-applied last Thursday after weighing my options. I'm confident by God's grace I'll be given the VISA this time but I have a new question. I initially wanted an Admin Review basically to clear my record of refusal since I didn't intend to deceive the BHC but follow their 28-day Statement strictly. I would have applied for Review simultaneously with another application but I'm scared it may affect me eventually since Tier-4 Policy didn't state the possibility. I still want my records cleared and I'm thinking of applying for Admin Review after I get my VISA (once the 28 day since refusal hasn't elapsed). Do you guys think it's okay I do that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joel911: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
guardian09: Hello all, I would like to find out if a fixed deposit account can be used to show evidence of money available for study @ the uk. Thank you.

Using a fixed deposit account will lead to a waste of time and visa fee. This is what the ECO will likely tell you.

As a Tier 4 Student, you have to show that you or your parent/legal guardian hold the required level of fund or that you are in receipt of an official scholarship. The fixed deposit account you seek to rely on are not acceptable as evidence of funds, though you have access to the money, I am not satisfied that you have provided the specified documents.... Bla bla bla.

Don't try it my dear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

When is your course starting? I'm not sure if one is allowed into the embassy without an appointment, if its possible then i will travel to Abuja if i were you.

It can be frustrating definitely.

c
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
joel911:

Using a fixed deposit account will lead to a waste of time and visa fee. This is what the ECO will likely tell you.

As a Tier 4 Student, you have to show that you or your parent/legal guardian hold the required level of fund or that you are in receipt of an official scholarship. The fixed deposit account you seek to rely on are not acceptable as evidence of funds, though you have access to the money, I am not satisfied that you have provided the specified documents.... Bla bla bla.

Don't try it my dear.
Thank you so much Joel
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
Am confident this waiting period will bring forth goodnews at the end. for everyone waiting too, God will grant us our heart desires. seems everyone has resumed.. well delay no be denial.... we dey road........ Thanks Justwise and D. Omos and other contributors here... God bless you. guys...

Pounds just increased oooo.... and i already submitted last week Monday.. just bank statements showing my living maintenance fee. 7200GBP......And the closing balance was 2.5million and the amount has been there for 6 months not going below this amount.. will the increase in the pounds affect the bank statement....
Comments please...........
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
holyboy.com:
Am confident this waiting period will bring forth goodnews at the end. for everyone waiting too, God will grant us our heart desires. seems everyone has resumed.. well delay no be denial.... we dey road........ Thanks Justwise and D. Omos and other contributors here... God bless you. guys...

Pounds just increased oooo.... and i already submitted last week Monday.. just bank statements showing my living maintenance fee. 7200GBP......And the closing balance was 2.5million and the amount has been there for 6 months not going below this amount.. will the increase in the pounds affect the bank statement....

I tell ya, the wait is something else. Amen o it is well with our applications smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eminado: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
humble_dove:
[EDITED] Yes, you're right sir. The rules also said that the 28 days will be counted from the day of closing balance(print date) backwards. So in essence, they should count from print date backwards and once 28 days is reached, discard other transactions above. I think that's the logical thing to do although I don't trust them (ECOs) because of what they did to me. And please sir, help advise on my question. Thanks.

You are very correct, I used my father's statement which was even dated back to 2012, but just made sure the rule that states the money should be in the account for 28 consecutive days was followed and the balance at the end of the statement covering the stated rule was not more than 31 days prior to my visa application. These people simply stick to their rules, we applicants simply make mistakes in interpretin them.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
mj87: hi , i have to asked to attend for a personal interview at BHC but i hvn't got my schedule for the same and i'm really afraid for my tier 4 visa interview. i know the would ask about my intention of study , funds and all but don't know why i'm afraid. could anyone help me out here? plzz
i am going to attend an interview on 25 th of this month.so what I did was I wrote all the possible questions and answers in the paper.so now I know what they are going to ask and how I have to answer .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

It got nothing to do with one previous trip to the UK, this is Sept, its rush period and application takes 20 working days or more even
. But I been in uk as a student and college lost its licence.so it is quite natural for them to call for an interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kiran14: . But I been in uk as a student and college lost its licence.so it is quite natural for them to call for an interview

They call people for an interview whether they have been to the UK before or not, its the rule now to interview applicants, so calling you for an interview got nothing to do with your previous visit to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
sollie001:

course is starting on the 23rd september

If you can visit the embassy, 23rd is just here though you will likely hear from them next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
holyboy.com:

I guess they only take into consideration the exchange rate the day u submitted, so if its was right for that day there def nofin to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
justwise:

They call people for an interview whether they have been to the UK before or not, its the rule now to interview applicants, so calling you for an interview got nothing to do with your previous visit to the UK.
will they inform the decision straight away or do I need to wait for courier ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kiran14: will they inform the decision straight away or do I need to wait for courier ?

That.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
moufpeas: I'll be travelin on sat ...pls wot are d docs they will ask 4 @ d POE ?

hi, I just wanted to ask was your visa processes in sheffield or abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
Anyone going to Livepool?.. And pls Justwise how much does annual bus pass cost.. ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
lamie505: Anyone going to Livepool?.. And pls Justwise how much does annual bus pass cost.. ?

Hey dear. Check the links below

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/tickets/Pages/default.aspx i think the trio is better because its for rail and bus. Check it out sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 7:20am On Sep 15, 2013
mubby08:

I'm here o my dear...dis is my waiting period.its been only 4 working days since I applied and it already feels like 4eva sad. I'm guessing u're in Manchester already?
Yeah I am.Hopefully you'll have an eleven day period like a number of us did. You've got time. Just be ready to go.It is well inshaa Allah. Saw you were quiet on here and I wanted to make sure you were ok. Take it easy.Illcheck on here to see when you post the good news.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mj87: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2013
thanks for help and questions but my problem is that they haven't told me about my schedule and one more question do they considered work experience if some one have, b'coz if they do then i might have altered it ..that's my question of worry..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mj87: 7:47am On Sep 15, 2013
anonymous26:

I posted some questions they ask you can check for it. Also did you attend any interview before?

thanks for ur help nd yes i have attended plenty of job interviews but never attended any visa interview ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2013
lamie505: Anyone going to Livepool?.. And pls Justwise how much does annual bus pass cost.. ?

Bus pass cost defer from city to city, wait until you get to Liverpool, register and get your student ID and student union card, with those two you will get loads of discounts from all sorts of travel tickets
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samuelekpemi: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2013
anyone coming to bristol uni or uwe bristol?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2013
Bibrahim:
Yeah I am.Hopefully you'll have an eleven day period like a number of us did. You've got time. Just be ready to go.It is well inshaa Allah. Saw you were quiet on here and I wanted to make sure you were ok. Take it easy.Illcheck on here to see when you post the good news.

Thanks my dear, I hope to get the good news soon. I'm all ready to go as soon as it drops smiley Hope you've settled in well in Manchester. Have you sorted out your accomodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
I am attending Uwe, in Bristol already. You?
samuelekpemi: anyone coming to bristol uni or uwe bristol?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello everyone!
Even though I am not a Nigerian but have always read and liked this forum, and has helped me a ton.
I am actually from Afghanistan and have submitted my UK visa application in India anyways it has been 21 working days of my application and havent heard anything. The online status is the same from the very first day when I track online that your application has been forwarded to BHC. And I also went to VFS two times but it wasnt there. I have tried calling the BHC and they tell me to send an email to the enquiry email service but it takes them forever to reply, I am totally lost and dont know what to do as my school starts tomorrow. If I dont have an answer during next couple of days I will have to withdraw it otherwise I will lose my job in my home country for being away too long.
Any ideas?

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.