Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,569 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868853 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DANNIEmore: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2013
Greetings Yall
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:21am On Nov 23, 2013
DANNIE-more:
Hello Nlanders, I recently got admission into a UK university to resume in Jan 2014. Total tuition is 9100 Pounds. Was asked to make a deposit of 3000 Pounds for CAS which I would be needing for VISA application but was still stated on the offer letter that, I would have to make another 2300 Pounds on/b4 that Jan 2014 and then the balance 3800 Pounds payment date not yet disclosed. Now, my question is this, if I am able to make the payment of the initial 3000 Pounds payment and then arrive the UK and not been able to make the 2nd payment of 2300 Pounds immediately as they have scheduled it for that 21st Jan latest,(maybe able to pay like 1000pounds and deciding to pay the balance on other installment before the entire program ends) would my admission be withdrawn and then asked to return back to Nigeria by that Jan when I arrive there? Please, I need candid advice from experts. Thanks Y'all

Firstly you will not be given a visa if you can not prove that you have the fees ready in your bank account plus 7200 or 9000 maintenance money. If by any chance you managed to get into the UK and failed to meet up with the first installment then your school has every right to withdraw your admission and report you to UKBA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 9:27am On Nov 23, 2013
DANNIE-more
They wnat the payment when you arrive and on time!
The reason is in the past so many people enroled for school and could not pay.
So many expect to work to pay fees and study in their spare time.
They were expelled and many became illegals.
Now UKBA makes schools notify them if someone breaks their conditiona (no pay on time)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DANNIEmore: 9:36am On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks @ Justwise and Worry 359.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Nov 23, 2013
DANNIE-more:
Thanks @ Justwise and Worry 359. actually was thinking of getting money into the account as '9ja way na' for embassy use after paying the first installment of the 3000Pounds for my CAS. That wouldn't have been any problem though money not mine you know and thinking upon arrival there, I could squeeze out to deposit like 1000Pounds out of the 2300Pounds they are asking me to pay them upon arrival then the other would be on installment so, do you mean the school would surely report me to UKBA and send me back home even if I take up monthly payment plans to meet this up?

Your plan will come back to hurt you, getting money into your account '9ja way' is illegal and will earn you 10yrs ban if caught.

You don't have any excuse whatsoever not to pay your school when you get to the UK because you have 'proved' to BHC that you have all the money available and was given a visa based on that. Yes they will report you because you have used deception to get a visa and can not be seen as a genuine student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DANNIEmore: 9:58am On Nov 23, 2013
OK thank you so much and I am grateful Justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2013
DANNIE-more:
OK thank you so much and I am grateful Justwise. Got to think of going somewhere else that seems cheaper for the M.Sc program. Thanks so much. Just that this country is bleeped and really want to move out of here you know.

Yes i understand that feeling and many fee the same way but don't be a victim, going to the UK for a education is a massive investment and the UK is tighter than ever now, don't waste the little money you have for nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
Don Oms:
Just use your Schools' International office address or that of your school. You may then stay anywhere (like a hotel) while you sort out accommodation.
thank you boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
am bust begining to realise a huge difference in fees that each uni charges for a masters program.

pls lets compile a list of schools and their fees so pple will find it easier to know where to apply considering their pockets.

it wud have been easier tgo open a new thread on fees alone but oga just will close it before the thing can even start breathing tongue

ok i will start,

MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY - £12,500 economics and financial analysis.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 12:53am On Nov 24, 2013
bebe2: am bust begining to realise a huge difference in fees that each uni charges for a masters program.

pls lets compile a list of schools and their fees so pple will find it easier to know where to apply considering their pockets.

it wud have been easier tgo open a new thread on fees alone but oga just will close it before the thing can even start breathing tongue

ok i will start,

MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY - £12,500 economics and financial analysis.

That not gonna be easy, there are over 100 universities in UK and the course fees are not the same (Msc management fees will be different from probably Engineering in the same university) . Anyone whose interested in the school fees should check their website or contact the university admission team.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kessroy(m): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
I am new,still learning hw 2 post
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kessroy(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pls i need some one 2 explain 2 me hw i can start processing uk visa.pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
mayo47:
That not gonna be easy, there are over 100 universities in UK and the course fees are not the same (Msc management fees will be different from probably Engineering in the same university) . Anyone whose interested in the school fees should check their website or contact the university admission team.

Thank you for this reply, nothing to more to add
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:21am On Nov 26, 2013
^^^^^hehehe. Sadly, nothing more to add truly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 2:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Please I am about making payment for my tuition fee. Is it advisable to provide the finance officer of my school(University of Salford) details of my mastercard so it can be charged?
This seem to be the easiest and cheapest means for paying my school fees.
I am very skeptical about doing this as I have all my funds in my account linked to the mastercard.
Need advise and experiences here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2013
bunburized: Please I am about making payment for my tuition fee. Is it advisable to provide the finance officer of my school(University of Salford) details of my mastercard so it can be charged?
This seem to be the easiest and cheapest means for paying my school fees.
I am very skeptical about doing this as I have all my funds in my account linked to the mastercard.
Need advise and experiences here.
Lol its risky cant deny that, i do it over here like send my card details to complete transactions of various kind, many ppl do it over here, but have not seen someone do a transaction of a large amount of that kind, IMO if this is ur last resort u can go ahead with it, just make sure the person u are trying to send ur details to is really an officer in the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 8:45am On Nov 26, 2013
@ house. Pls does anyone know the standard exchange rate value on the oanda currency converter the ukba uses to convert the funds on our bank stament during visa application. I.e is it the inter bank rate or typical ATM rate or typical kiosk rate. Cos I want to be sure of funds to be in NIRA value on my account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
my name is wale and my surname is smith. my father name is taiye and his surname also smith, in my birth certificate which detailed my name wale smith but my father's name in my birth certificate was written as taiwo smith. In my father's statement of account his name on it is taiye smith. If i use my birth certificate which detailed my father's name as taiwo smith (because the birth certificate is taiye smith and statement of account name is taiwo smith) will this affect my visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
wilzz26: @ house. Pls does anyone know the standard exchange rate value on the oanda currency converter the ukba uses to convert the funds on our bank stament during visa application. I.e is it the inter bank rate or typical ATM rate or typical kiosk rate. Cos I want to be sure of funds to be in NIRA value on my account.
visit their site (www.oanda.com/currency/converter) to know the current rate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
kellyemms: visit their site (www.oanda.com/currency/converter) to know the current rate

Are you still going to derby
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizbee: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Urgent!!!!!!Hello everyone please can anyone tell me if the visa application fee and visa fee for a student visitor are different really getting confuse. This is because i checked the uk website and the application fee is £80 thats like 20,800 naira but now someone told me thats different from the really visa fee. Pls help me out. I just need more explanation.Please what is amount for this fees. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kessroy(m): 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hello justwise,i am new in dis forum and i am fining it difficult 2 comet or ask question,hw can i start d processing of a uk visa and wh are d requirement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kessroy(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hello justwise,i am new in dis forum and i am fining it difficult 2 comet or ask question,hw can i start d processing of a uk visa and wh are d requirement?Hello justwise,i am new in dis forum and i am fining it difficult 2 comet or ask question,hw can i start d processing of a uk visa and wh are d requirement?Hello justwise,i am new in dis forum and i am fining it difficult 2 comet or ask question,hw can i start d processing of a uk visa and wh are d requirement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Kessroy: Hello justwise,i am new in dis forum and i am fining it difficult 2 comet or ask question,hw can i start d processing of a uk visa and wh are d requirement?

...but you just did, what you did now is how to comment and ask question, read this thread and you will get all the info about how to process a UK student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
mizbee: Urgent!!!!!!Hello everyone please can anyone tell me if the visa application fee and visa fee for a student visitor are different really getting confuse. This is because i checked the uk website and the application fee is £80 thats like 20,800 naira but now someone told me thats different from the really visa fee. Pls help me out. I just need more explanation.Please what is amount for this fees. Thank you.

Forget about whatever anybody else told you, whatever price you saw on the website for student visiting visa is the right price.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kessroy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hello justwise,i am new in dis forum and i am fining it difficult 2 comet or ask question,hw can i start d processing of a uk visa and wh are d requirement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Kessroy: Hello justwise,i am new in dis forum and i am fining it difficult 2 comet or ask question,hw can i start d processing of a uk visa and wh are d requirement?

justwise:

...but you just did, what you did now is how to comment and ask question, read this thread and you will get all the info about how to process a UK student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
spikes C:

Are you still going to derby
hey spike! Ow u doin! Nah im no more headin to derby! Wat about u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
my name is wale and my surname is smith. my father name is taiye and his surname also smith, in my birth certificate which detailed my name wale smith but my father's name in my birth certificate was written as taiwo smith. In my father's statement of account his name on it is taiye smith. If i use my birth certificate which detailed my father's name as taiwo smith (because the birth certificate is taiye smith and statement of account name is taiwo smith) will this affect my visa application? Plz i need ur helps on this matter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
kellyemms: hey spike! Ow u doin! Nah im no more headin to derby! Wat about u?

It seems to be my destiny now grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
kellyemms: my name is wale and my surname is smith. my father name is taiye and his surname also smith, in my birth certificate which detailed my name wale smith but my father's name in my birth certificate was written as taiwo smith. In my father's statement of account his name on it is taiye smith. If i use my birth certificate which detailed my father's name as taiwo smith (because the birth certificate is taiye smith and statement of account name is taiwo smith) will this affect my visa
application? Plz i need ur helps on this matter

Go to court and swear to an affidavit along with your father, saying that he is your biological parent. Tender the affidavit in place of the birth certificate. You will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
spikes C:

It seems to be my destiny now grin
cool bro i wish u success

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.