Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,258 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868816 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
jcaribie:

Go to court and swear to an affidavit along with your father, saying that he is your biological parent. Tender the affidavit in place of the birth certificate. You will be fine.
thanks so much bro.. U mean wen i get d affidavit i should tender it for visa application instead of d birth certificate right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
kellyemms: thanks so much bro.. U mean wen i get d affidavit i should tender it for visa application instead of d birth certificate right?
Did your dad do a change of name? If he did, I believe all you need is the original document of proof of his Change of Name and the birth certificate.
If he didn't do a Change of Name, then your other option is the Sworn Affidavit that he is your father which typically replaces a Birth Certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 3:05am On Nov 27, 2013
kellyemms: thanks so much bro.. U mean wen i get d affidavit i should tender it for visa application instead of d birth certificate right?

Yea bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 5:44am On Nov 27, 2013
Thank you so much. I appreciate. I will do that.
Don Oms:
Return ticket is not compulsory as it is your choice. Though it is often relatively expensive, one-way is better if you're not sure about return date.
As for choice of flight, there are options which include duration of flight and stops. My best advice is for you to go to an agency site like wakanow and type your flight details. Once you have the search results, take a note of them and male a choice. Then go to the website of the airline you picked and book the flight. You can also search for both return and one-way and compare prices.
Congrats on your visa.
mjan: Thank you so much. I appreciate. I will do that.

Good day all nairalanders,
I have checked wakanow.com but the cheapest I can see is Lufthansa for 156,179 and I still feel this is still high but my confusion is now this, am afraid of it increasing as the time of my travel approaches. I intend travelling on either 24/25 of Jan. Should I still hold on and keep observing the prices if I can get something cheaper or should I go ahead and book. If I need to hold on more,for how long? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 5:47am On Nov 27, 2013
Don Oms:
Return ticket is not compulsory as it is your choice. Though it is often relatively expensive, one-way is better if you're not sure about return date.
As for choice of flight, there are options which include duration of flight and stops. My best advice is for you to go to an agency site like wakanow and type your flight details. Once you have the search results, take a note of them and male a choice. Then go to the website of the airline you picked and book the flight. You can also search for both return and one-way and compare prices.
Congrats on your visa.

I have checked wakanow.com but the cheapest I can see is Lufthansa for 156,179 and I still feel this is still high but my confusion is now this, am afraid of it increasing as the time of my travel approaches. I intend travelling on either 24/25 of Jan. Should I still hold on and keep observing the prices if I can get something cheaper or should I go ahead and book. If I need to hold on more,for how long? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
I made a deposit to cover my maintenance money as well as balance tuition fee on Nov 5th into my account and hope to print out the statement on Dec 3rd as advised here by someone(is the calculation correct?).
I was discussing with my account officer today and told him I will be coming for my account statement as I need to include it in my visa application.
The dude seem to be confused as he was saying I will need a 6 months statement which I vehemently oppose.
I told him I just need a statement beginning from Nov 5th and ending Dec 3rd which is the day I hope to print.
Please gurus in the house what specific instruction should I tell them at the bank and do I need a cover letter? If yes hw should the cover note be worded as I have no clue on that.
I have read people making references to a cover letter here as well as the statement of account and will appreciate further enlightenment.
The money is in my zenith bank naira savings account if this will help in your response. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:56am On Nov 28, 2013
mjan:

Just do a little research. Some of the airlines have offers around the end of year (December) where tickets may be bought for less (I hear BA currently has an offer). So, just go online and google airline prices for December,2012 and January, 2013 and use that to predict what will happen in the next two months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:06am On Nov 28, 2013
bunburized: I made a deposit to cover my maintenance money as well as balance tuition fee on Nov 5th into my account and hope to print out the statement on Dec 3rd as advised here by someone(is the calculation correct?).
I was discussing with my account officer today and told him I will be coming for my account statement as I need to include it in my visa application.
The dude seem to be confused as he was saying I will need a 6 months statement which I vehemently oppose.
I told him I just need a statement beginning from Nov 5th and ending Dec 3rd which is the day I hope to print.
Please gurus in the house what specific instruction should I tell them at the bank and do I need a cover letter? If yes hw should the cover note be worded as I have no clue on that.
I have read people making references to a cover letter here as well as the statement of account and will appreciate further enlightenment.
The money is in my zenith bank naira savings account if this will help in your response. Thanks.
The person who told you 3rd Dec. was right. Your Day 1 of count is 6th Nov., so what will the 28th day be?
Well, using a 6-month statement will not disqualify you but it is not necessary since the target is to show 28-day period not more than one month after your application date. I usually advice you print a 30-day period to ensure your initial deposit is well reflected. So, Just let the bank know you need it for student visa and 30 days is all you need (Nov 4 - Dec3).
As for the cover letter; If the statement will be well detailed (showing all dates and balances after every reflected transactions) and carry the logo and official stamp of bank, you do not need the letter. But since the letter would not disqualify you and if you like adding too much unnecessary jara, you may decide to add it. The letter would be written by your bank attesting to the fact that you're a legitimate customer of theirs over a certain period and that the bank statement is accurate and correct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2013
My dad is planning to put the required deposit in his account next two weeks for the maintainance and outstanding tuition.. My course starts in january 27, 2014. Wil i still b able to apply for student visa in january
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Don Oms:
The person who told you 3rd Dec. was right. Your Day 1 of count is 6th Nov., so what will the 28th day be?
Well, using a 6-month statement will not disqualify you but it is not necessary since the target is to show 28-day period not more than one month after your application date. I usually advice you print a 30-day period to ensure your initial deposit is well reflected. So, Just let the bank know you need it for student visa and 30 days is all you need (Nov 4 - Dec3).
As for the cover letter; If the statement will be well detailed (showing all dates and balances after every reflected transactions) and carry the logo and official stamp of bank, you do not need the letter. But since the letter would not disqualify you and if you like adding too much unnecessary jara, you may decide to add it. The letter would be written by your bank attesting to the fact that you're a legitimate customer of theirs over a certain period and that the bank statement is accurate and correct.
Thanks so much. This was very thorough.
However, should I make a transaction same day before printing as has been suggested by some here or should such transaction be made on 2nd Dec while I print 3rd Dec?
Secondly, what are the likely questions I should expect at VFS when I go to submit my application?
Finally, after vfs is it mandatory for every applicant to be called by BHC for interview?
Please your further assistance is needed in these regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
kellyemms: My dad is planning to put the required deposit in his account next two weeks for the maintainance and outstanding tuition.. My course starts in january 27, 2014. Wil i still b able to apply for student visa in january

I'm guessing you have no option than to wait until your dad deposits the money. Next two weeks from today is 12th December. 28 days from then is 9 January. 10-15 working days from that is 19th-24th. Which is 3days away from 27th. If everything goes as planned you still have a shot at making it, but you must recalculate the dates yourself cuz my Math sucks. cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hello I have been trying to apply once but dis message kips coming up, how do I go abt it

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
xteeeee: Hello I have been trying to apply once but dis message kips coming up, how do I go abt it
I guess this means we should check back around this time and see.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
royalsweetness:

I'm guessing you have no option than to wait until your dad deposits the money. Next two weeks from today is 12th December. 28 days from then is 9 January. 10-15 working days from that is 19th-24th. Which is 3days away from 27th. If everything goes as planned you still have a shot at making it, but you must recalculate the dates yourself cuz my Math sucks. cheesy
so just ask you school for 2 weeks extension from the school almost all school the first 2 weeks nothing really important happen because 1st week is for generally orientation while 2 week is for faculty and course orientation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
royalsweetness:
I guess this means we should check back around this time and see.

Ohk but I tried applying dis evening but not going true like.... Any idea on wat to do mr Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2013
xteeeee:

Ohk but I tried applying dis evening but not going true like.... Any idea on wat to do mr Justwise
it's back alive now but very slow and annoying, i thought online was meant to be the easy way grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2013
@house what is the best way to pay tuition fee payment. The banks in Nigeria sucks. Buying pounds sterling @265 is too expensive . what can I do I want to make my tuition fee payment to my school.how best can I do this with out putting a hole in my pocket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 10:52am On Nov 29, 2013
royalsweetness:
it's back alive now but very slow and annoying, i thought online was meant to be the easy way grin

Very very very annoying!! I waited almost 45 mins b4 I cd print. Also didn't get d confirmatory mail for Same period.*rme.
Am definitely going back to fill their review form.
Even d details required in d travel history part of d form are just too much... undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2013
abbakacici: so just ask you school for 2 weeks extension from the school almost all school the first 2 weeks nothing really important happen because 1st week is for generally orientation while 2 week is for faculty and course orientation
tanks! U all are too much! I appreciate u all for ur info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
miz Gene:

Very very very annoying!! I waited almost 45 mins b4 I cd print. Also didn't get d confirmatory mail for Same period.*rme.
Am definitely going back to fill their review form.
Even d details required in d travel history part of d form are just too much... undecided
Oh, I haven't even gone that far. After filling the first form, I get an error message. Don't know if its the network or is it that I can't proceed past that stage without a CAS. (I made further payments so I'm waiting for updated CAS) Please someone reply, so that I'd know if I can proceed with filling out the forms while waiting for the new CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
royalsweetness:
Oh, I haven't even gone that far. After filling the first form, I get an error message. Don't know if its the network or is it that I can't proceed past that stage without a CAS. (I made further payments so I'm waiting for updated CAS) Please someone reply, so that I'd know if I can proceed with filling out the forms while waiting for the new CAS.

Yes u need ur cas to go ahead with the online form....
Which school are u headed to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
miz Gene:

Yes u need ur cas to go ahead with the online form....
Ok thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
bunburized:
Thanks so much. This was very thorough.
However, should I make a transaction same day before printing as has been suggested by some here or should such transaction be made on 2nd Dec while I print 3rd Dec?
Secondly, what are the likely questions I should expect at VFS when I go to submit my application?
Finally, after vfs is it mandatory for every applicant to be called by BHC for interview?
Please your further assistance is needed in these regards.

If you have not been making transactions on the account within the 28 days, the best thing is to make at least one transaction on the 2nd of Dec. Even if it is 500 naira. It helps to make the statement clear.
Your application date is not only for application submission but also Interview. And yes, it is compulsory to have the interview that day.
The questions are pretty basic: You'll be asked about yourself, your background, the course you studied in school, work experience(they may not ask this), why you want to study in the UK, why you chose the MSc course you applied for, why you chose your university, why you didn't consider other related course your university offers and you'll be asked if you understand the questions you were asked. Just speak good English and answer reasonably and precisely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
wilzz26: @house what is the best way to pay tuition fee payment. The banks in Nigeria sucks. Buying pounds sterling @265 is too expensive . what can I do I want to make my tuition fee payment to my school.how best can I do this with out putting a hole in my pocket.
The best money-wise option any day is to pay online with your debit card. Ask your school about the available options they allow and then make your choice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agabaI23(m): 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nice thread!
Will be back. Not in the mood right now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Don Oms:
The best money-wise option any day is to pay online with your debit card. Ask your school about the available options they allow and then make your choice.
I paid with my GTB debit card at the beginning of this week, and I was charged 266 naira per GBP, it broke my heart. Not such a money-wise option afterall
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
Don Oms:
If you have not been making transactions on the account within the 28 days, the best thing is to make at least one transaction on the 2nd of Dec. Even if it is 500 naira. It helps to make the statement clear.
Your application date is not only for application submission but also Interview. And yes, it is compulsory to have the interview that day.
The questions are pretty basic: You'll be asked about yourself, your background, the course you studied in school, work experience(they may not ask this), why you want to study in the UK, why you chose the MSc course you applied for, why you chose your university, why you didn't consider other related course your university offers and you'll be asked if you understand the questions you were asked. Just speak good English and answer reasonably and precisely.
Once again you have answered thoroughly.
I just got my cas 2day and wish to proceed with my application.
I need clarification on the below:
1. Do I have to make the application online? I noticed people have been complaining about "slowness" and incomplete applications caused by the ongoing upgrade on the website. I really don't want any issues with the application hence won't mind a paper option.
2. If I elect to apply via the website when will payment for visa be required? Will it be in the course of filling the form or I can hand over the cash at vfs with the printed form and documents?
3. In my cas I was requested to submit just my bachelor's certificate. I am quite happy with doing just that but I have a rather small problem. The year of birth on my waec certificate is wrong. It was increased by 1yr e.g instead of 2012 they wrote 2013. I have an affidavit covering this but since the waec certificate wasn't mentioned in my cas is there any need to include it with the affidavit just to correct any discrepancy?
4. If I can just go to the vfs center to collect/fill offline forms can someone please tell me the process involved and possible challenges i might face getting the form.
5. Any specification for the passport I should attach?

So sorry for this epistle. I am new to this and want to make sure I get it right the first time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
royalsweetness:
I paid with my GTB debit card at the beginning of this week, and I was charged 266 naira per GBP, it broke my heart. Not such a money-wise option afterall

GTB charges seem too steep.
I paid tuesday and also today using my Zenith mastercard and was charged around N261.7 per GBP in both instances.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:36am On Nov 30, 2013
I am kinda confuse on the correct response to certain questions as I proceed with my online application at the visa4uk website.
Please what is the appropriate response for the following:
1. Duration of my stay. My Course begins 20th Jan 2014 and Ends 31st Jan 2015. That to me is 13months. So what is the correct response to the above?
2. There is a question about issuing authority. I got my passport from Ikoyi Lagos immigration office. Is it proper to write Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria? There seem to be another similar question asking of place of issue and this got me confused.
3. I am atttempting to collect the form from my laptop at home and I don't have access to a printer.
Can I complete the application on my laptop and go to a cafe for the print out or I have to complete the application from a system I can immediately print the form from?
Pls i will need assistance on the above as I don't want to make any mistake in filling in the wrong details.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 1:32am On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized: I am kinda confuse on the correct response to certain questions as I proceed with my online application at the visa4uk website.
Please what is the appropriate response for the following:
1. Duration of my stay. My Course begins 20th Jan 2014 and Ends 31st Jan 2015. That to me is 13months. So what is the correct response to the above?
2. There is a question about issuing authority. I got my passport from Ikoyi Lagos immigration office. Is it proper to write Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria? There seem to be another similar question asking of place of issue and this got me confused.
3. I am atttempting to collect the form from my laptop at home and I don't have access to a printer.
Can I complete the application on my laptop and go to a cafe for the print out or I have to complete the application from a system I can immediately print the form from?
Pls i will need assistance on the above as I don't want to make any mistake in filling in the wrong details.
1. Yes 13 months
2. Yes
3. You can always login again to the website and print your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.