Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866047 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hafizmohammed1: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just got the email from TP contact that decision has been made and is being sent back to the application centre.

How long does it take them to have it ready for collection?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hafizmohammed1: 8:59am On Sep 23, 2014
You mean the same day you got your email and it waas ready for collection even though they did not send you the ready for collection mail?
kennyrule: I submitted on 3rd Sept at teleperformance VI. Never got any phone call from the UK asking me questions. Woke up this morning and saw an email saying a decision has been made. Still took a step of faith and went there. Alas it was ready. Picked it up in minutes.
Wish every other person expecting the best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 9:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Missyrety: @just wise my visa was refused based on the maintenance funds.bank statement date...long story.
I have contacted my school for another cas
Would I be needing an extension letter from the school?

Can I use fixed deposit account as it is too late to be counting to 28days?

Then if I want to use the 28days one , the money must be in the account for 28days rite without any transaction prior to submission?

Then my school said october 6 is the last day for resumption? Logically wt dod u think abt my re applying and I was hopin 2 use ikeja this time?

Is your University, the University of Central Lancashire?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2014
Thanks bro cause I'm gonna need a lot of that and I'm sure about the call I just pray I don't get refuse .....
arknoid: best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Go immediately it is ready, they sent me the same message to me yesterday and i got my visa that same yesterday uote author=hafizmohammed1]Hi Guys,

Just got the email from TP contact that decision has been made and is being sent back to the application centre.

How long does it take them to have it ready for collection?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2014
hafizmohammed1: Hi Guys,

When did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=dorothy0324][/quote]

No went to vfs abuja ystdy morn and was told it wsnt ready..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2014
I'm now in teleperformance now.. I pray dat my visa should be ready insha Allah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 10:59am On Sep 23, 2014
maka11: I'm now in teleperformance now.. I pray dat my visa should be ready insha Allah

When did u apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2014
22nd august but no mail...

countsparrow:

When did u apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Just got a call from UKVI now, the interview was very long...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2014
maka11: 22nd august but no mail...

Just received a call from them now... Another long interview, he said it will be processed by this weekend...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
What did the person who interview u asked u were u asked about your mainteanance fee or what type of job is ur parent doing to afford the money?

countsparrow:

Just received a call from them now... Another long interview, he said it will be processed by this weekend...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2014
I have been following this page in recent times, submitted my documents on 15th sep at t/p VI, same day my school resumes, but I still have till Oct 6 to resume. I have been rejected a tourist visa before in 2012, but I have a a valid us visa till 2015, dunno how DAT will affect my chances although I have every oda requirements in place.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IyawoToBe(f): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Hello all. Pls hpw do I pay for my visa if am using vfs Oregun?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2014
I just finish my MSc here in the UK and about to start my PhD and want to bring my family along. I already have established presence and want to rely on this when applying for visa. My tuition fee is already covered. The thing is, should I extended my visa here first using the "established presence" then apply for my family to join me later using the same "established presence"? Or go back to Nigeria and apply together with the "established presence" backing? Which approach will require me to show less amount for living expenses?

I intend to apply in abuja. How fast can I expect Teleperformance to process my Visa if I come back and apply together with my family?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Missyrety: @just wise my visa was refused based on the maintenance funds.bank statement date...long story.
I have contacted my school for another cas
Would I be needing an extension letter from the school?

Can I use fixed deposit account as it is too late to be counting to 28days?

Then if I want to use the 28days one , the money must be in the account for 28days rite without any transaction prior to submission?

Then my school said october 6 is the last day for resumption? Logically wt dod u think abt my re applying and I was hopin 2 use ikeja this time?

If they can give you extension, that would be very good, but it all depends on when you would apply.
Nope, you can't use a fixed deposit account.
There can be transactions but at no point in time must it be lower than the required amount.

To help you further, you'll have to tell us that long story.
Where you refused because the money wasn't up to 28days or because you printed the statement more than 1 month ago before applying.
If you haven't touch the money since then, you would still be able to apply immediately with another 28days count
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Amdan: I just finish my MSc here in the UK and about to start my PhD and want to bring my family along. I already have established presence and want to rely on this when applying for visa. My tuition fee is already covered. The thing is, should I extended my visa here first using the "established presence" then apply for my family to join me later using the same "established presence"? Or go back to Nigeria and apply together with the "established presence" backing? Which approach will require me to show less amount for living expenses?

I intend to apply in abuja. How fast can I expect Teleperformance to process my Visa if I come back and apply together with my family?

I would advise you extend in the UK first, then send your documents to them to apply.
This is because their visa expiry will be the same as yours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
maka11: What did the person who interview u asked u were u asked about your mainteanance fee or what type of job is ur parent doing to afford the money?

22nd of august is way too long man, he asked how come d money was sent to me by another person, and he asked how I got d money, aside from does 2, I don't think he asked anything concerning my maintenance fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello All...

Please I want to book my flight (arik), but I want to book one-way

Please I hope this is allowed and not a red-flag? I don't intend to book a return ticket because I can't afford it, but even if I had to What should be the return date considering my visa is 3 years

Thanks

Cc justwise cc spikesC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
spikesC:

I would advise you extend in the UK first, then send your documents to them to apply.
This is because their visa expiry will be the same as yours.

So if I extend my visa in the UK using established presence, when I apply for my family to join me, will they need to show 2 or 9 months money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by soudagar06: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
[color=#770077]Hello people,

I applied for the visa on 03/09/2014 and the VFS got the application on 04/09/2014. I called the customer services department today again and they told me that the visa application has NOT been touched by the team and they asked till end of 15 working days. Guys help me is still there is any hope as the last extension University did provide to me is till 28/09/2014. Tomorrow would be the 15th working day. I posting this from a different country however with a hope that I will get some help and support from you guys.I did notice that this website has the forum of the students very updated. Guys what you say would be the decision!!!!!!!

My Details:

Application Centre: Chennai, India

Applied Date: 03/09/2014

Applied University: Staffordshire University

Course : MBA(Finance)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chiichii2010: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
henry0:
Congratulations!!!!!
Please how did you locate the application center? Which area? Is there any notable firm or company around there that I can tell any cab driver am going to?

My appointment date is wednesday 24th sept.

Thanks as you answer my questions.
@henry,just tell cab man metro plaza for central area.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
IntroVAT: Hello All...

Please I want to book my flight (arik), but I want to book one-way

Please I hope this is allowed and not a red-flag? I don't intend to book a return ticket because I can't afford it, but even if I had to What should be the return date considering my visa is 3 years

Thanks

Cc justwise cc spikesC

You can book one way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
spikesC:

You can book one way

I've decided against arik.I was just told by Arik I can't for a student, and that even if I book a return flight since i'm going for a 3 year course, the return will be forfeited. Ridiculous

Or is that the same for all flights? For longer terms like mine, the return is forfeited?

So if I want to book for a return, what should the return date be in my case? What's the maximum a ticket can be held for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
IntroVAT:

I've decided against arik.I was just told by Arik I can't for a student, and that even if I book a return flight since i'm going for a 3 year course, the return will be forfeited. Ridiculous

Or is that the same for all flights? For longer terms like mine, the return is forfeited?

So if I want to book for a return, what should the return date be in my case? What's the maximum a ticket can be held for?

when i went for my undergrad, i doubt my dad bought a return for me. Even now im going for my masters i didnt book return. Dunno tho. Different strokes i guess. Have u tried emirates?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
IntroVAT:

Arik is an uninformed company or they probably like the money they get when people forfeit their return tickets.
You can book a one way as your course lasts for more than one year. Just look for another airline

If you intend returning within one year, then book a return ticket that gives you the option of changing your return date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hafizmohammed1: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
bumstar1:

When did you apply?

i applied on the 4th. But it seamed they batched us. my mates that applied on 3,4 and 8th all got their passports ready today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
maka11: What did the person who interview u asked u were u asked about your mainteanance fee or what type of job is ur parent doing to afford the money?

Maka11 how was the teleperformance visit. Any positives

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyweeves: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Advice from my people.

To book flight to manchester intl.

I saw that emirates is cheeper like 117k but everyone keep telling me to use KLM which is 250k.

Abeg who has used emirates b4?

Isn't it good?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
hafizmohammed1: Hi Guys,

pls did u receive any interview like phone call last week asking u questions relating to ur visa application

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.