Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865908 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2014
maka11: @ justwise I just got my do cument back I got refused it was base on whether I'm a genuine student and about my maiteanance fund
my package wasn't ready went to teleperformance today pls when last week did u receive the call
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
@justwise current account bank statement that the balance has not gone below 7380pounds because I have paid for my school fees and accomodation.I just pray that abuja is able to get my passport ready before 13th because that is the last date.I hope that the public holidays doesnt affect them.pls if der is anyone dt has applied at abuj pls get across I want to know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Missyrety: @justwise current account bank statement that the balance has not gone below 7380pounds because I have paid for my school fees and accomodation.I just pray that abuja is able to get my passport ready before 13th because that is the last date.I hope that the public holidays doesnt affect them.pls if der is anyone dt has applied at abuj pls get across I want to know

Ok, are you applying with a new CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
I have been following this page in recent times, submitted my documents on 15th sep at t/p VI, same day my school resumes, but I still have till Oct 6 to resume. I have been rejected a UK tourist visa before in 2012, but I have a a valid us visa till 2015, dunno how DAT will affect my chances although I have every oda requirements in place.
Cc @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
deoluwatinto: I have been following this page in recent times, submitted my documents on 15th sep at t/p VI, same day my school resumes, but I still have till Oct 6 to resume. I have been rejected a UK tourist visa before in 2012, but I have a a valid us visa till 2015, dunno how DAT will affect my chances although I have every oda requirements in place.
Cc @justwise

Did you acknowledge the refusal in 2012 when asked in the form?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
justwise:

Did you acknowledge the refusal in 2012 when asked in the form?

Yes I did
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
deoluwatinto:

Yes I did

Ok, it will not affect the outcome of this current application as long as its nothing fraudulent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
justwise:

Ok, it will not affect the outcome of this current application as long as its nothing fraudulent

Yhhh it wasn't anything fraudulent, just some insufficient documents stuff, and I decided not to appeal as time wasn't on my side. I just hope I get a response from TP asap, as I get restless easily, with all these stories of delays here and dere.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
tewguy: Thank God. I collected my visa today. I applied 01/09/14. Didn't get any mails from TP. Went there today by faith. collected around 3:30pm.thank you all for your comments here.it really helped out.wish all those that are yet to collect all the best!

Is the issue date on your visa 11th (same as decision date)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
Missyrety: @justwise current account bank statement that the balance has not gone below 7380pounds because I have paid for my school fees and accomodation.I just pray that abuja is able to get my passport ready before 13th because that is the last date.I hope that the public holidays doesnt affect them.pls if der is anyone dt has applied at abuj pls get across I want to know
I just applied today..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Yes I am applying with new cas.I just found out the current account I have is not up to 28days.there was someone on this forum that used fixed deposit though with a letter that the funds are assessible at any time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tewguy: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
bumstar1:

Is the issue date on your visa 11th (same as decision date)?

No. I dint get any mail stating decision has been made. I only made enquiry and they said my application has been processed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tewguy: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hi guys! Any idea about cheap flight to Birmingham? Heard I have to book a return ticket too. Any advice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
@henry0 pls did u ask how many days it would take for the visa to ready and when you can start expecting to collect your passport back
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
tewguy:

No. I dint get any mail stating decision has been made. I only made enquiry and they said my application has been processed

Oh...must have read wrong. What issue date is on your visa pls?

Was told a decision was made on mine on the 18th. Went to TP today and my passport had not arrived.

So frustrated!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
Missyrety: @henry0 pls did u ask how many days it would take for the visa to ready and when you can start expecting to collect your passport back
I didn't ask but I know that the wait won't exceed next week Friday for the decision to be made..I paid for courier service though. (Red star express is the one they use)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chiichii2010: 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
Missyrety: Yes I am applying with new cas.I just found out the current account I have is not up to 28days.there was someone on this forum that used fixed deposit though with a letter that the funds are assessible at any time
@ missyrety the fixed shld also have stayed 28days.thy shld give u a letter that the acc bearer is free to withdraw anytime.
Applied at tele abj on 15th,got approval mail on 22nd though I ve not gone to collect it cos am not in abj.
We were not interviewed n I was not called,but that day all tier 4 students were asked to fill a form, so I guess it's for them to fast forward our application I guess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
@spikesC
how is all going i know you will have settled in well,pls is your campus also at Medway,i will be studying at the university of greenwich at medway.
if you are also studying there can you tell me a bit about the Environment?i dont think i want a dull community...LOL
Thanks and remember our coffer date o.. cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
Congrats to all who got visas. wishing you guys all the best.
Anyone going to Newcastle Uni or Northumbria Uni?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tewguy: 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
bumstar1:

Oh...must have read wrong. What issue date is on your visa pls?

Was told a decision was made on mine on the 18th. Went to TP today and my passport had not arrived.

So frustrated!

13th .sorry just be calm before the end of the week you should have your visa I believe
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
arknoid: my package wasn't ready went to teleperformance today pls when last week did u receive the call

Fear fear man, so u went der eventually... When did u submit ur application

Don't worry u will be granted visa by Gods grace
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FamousT: 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chiichii2010:

Just got approval mail now,applied on 15thsep at tele abj.am so happy.I USED A. FIXED DEPOSIT,but u must get letter from bank that the funds are available to you.thank you all,both justwise and every other guys.

I applied on the 15th at Abuja as well and I got the approval email. Have you checked tpcontack.co.uk? If so, what does it say?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ok, so, I just made a reservation on Qatar airlines but yet to pay. Please, how good are they? who has used it? What was your experience like with them? I need to know before i make my payment please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
ogompaul: Ook man, Thanks . #I#tap#from#ya#faith

Bros, anything yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please @Justwise,
During my interview today I was asked how I applied for my course, I said online, so she asked when I sent my documents, I said june..

it was after the interview I knew I lied without knowing, because I applied through the school's office here in Nigeria and that was in june.

1.do you know if they call the school to confirm such?
2.Can this lead to refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
henry0: Please @Justwise,
During my interview today I was asked how I applied for my course, I said online, so she asked when I sent my documents, I said june..

it was after the interview I knew I lied without knowing, because I applied through the school's office here in Nigeria and that was in june.

1.do you know if they call the school to confirm such?
2.Can this lead to refusal?

Who did the online application? You or your school's agent in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
justwise:

Who did the online application? You or your school agent in Nigeria?
The school's agent in Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
henry0:
The school's agent in Nigeria

...and you are not sure if they added any info that might have given the embassy the impression that they applied on your behalf?

I'm not sure that it will be an issue if you met all requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
justwise:

...and you are not sure if they added any info that might have given the embassy the impression that they applied on your behalf?

I'm not sure that it will be an issue if you met all requirements.
Not sure, just hope they don't have record of that.

I just hope it won't because I know I did well, wasn't nervous at all.
After the interview she (the interviewer) wished me luck with my remaining application process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
countsparrow:

Fear fear man, so u went der eventually... When did u submit ur application

Don't worry u will be granted visa by Gods grace
5th of this month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Seems Teleperformance receives passport deliveries on Mondays, Tuesdays and sometimes on Fridays.

They didn't receive any last Friday. As a result, they received a lot this Monday and Tuesday.

Has anyone else observed this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
constance234: @spikesC
how is all going i know you will have settled in well,pls is your campus also at Medway,i will be studying at the university of greenwich at medway.
if you are also studying there can you tell me a bit about the Environment?i dont think i want a dull community...LOL
Thanks and remember our coffer date o.. cheesy

It's all good.
Yes, am also at Medway. The environment is quite good. A bit countryside and a bit urban.
It's not as busy as London but night life is good.
It's a student area, as there're 3 universities and 2 colleges around here, so there would never be a dull moment wink

I haven't forgotten ofcourse wink
Will be waiting for her majesty

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.