Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868960 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ceejaynackson: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Georgiana12: 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
Mods well done..please I want to know if it's true that a statement of acc is valid for one month?

I printed my statement of account today 31th Dec and I won't be submitting till 7th of Jan. Can I still use the one I printed today? Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
Georgiana12:
Mods well done..please I want to know if it's true that a statement of acc is valid for one month?

I printed my statement of account today 31th Dec and I won't be submitting till 7th of Jan. Can I still use the one I printed today? Thanks in advance.

Yes and yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
@spikesC,bro i will be arriving chatham train station on monday,how do i proceed to the university from there?are the arriva buses just outside the station?or can i walk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
pato231:
@spikesC,bro i will be arriving chatham train station on monday,how do i proceed to the university from there?are the arriva buses just outside the station?or can i walk?

I have never gone through chatham station. I think it's farther from the school than Gillingham station.
Use Google to plan your journey and also check which station is closest so you know where to stop.
Arriva buses pass in front of Gillingham station.

Also, have you made arrangement for accommodation as it seems you haven't and you probably should be heading to your house rather than the school.
School reopens on the 5th you know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
spikesC:

I have never gone through chatham station. I think it's farther from the school than Gillingham station.
Use Google to plan your journey and also check which station is closest so you know where to stop.
Arriva buses pass in front of Gillingham station.

Also, have you made arrangement for accommodation as it seems you haven't and you probably should be heading to your house rather than the school.
School reopens on the 5th you know
Lol,i will make accomodation plans in the first week,i want to be on ground to do so,in the mean time will commute from london victoria to uni for a week then settle accomodation stuff.Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
@spikesC,means i have to search more for accommodation around Gillingham as opposed to the idea i had that Chatham was the university town.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
pato231:
@spikesC,means i have to search more for accommodation around Gillingham as opposed to the idea i had that Chatham was the university town.

Bro did you book a one way ticket?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
ironbender101:

Bro did you book a one way ticket?
hey bro,how was ur hk trip?yeah i booked one way

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:53am On Jan 02, 2015
pato231:

hey bro,how was ur hk trip?yeah i booked one way

It was cool bro, cold dey too much here now. I will be back on the 5th. What are the advantages of booking a one way ticket? I just did and I am regretting since a return ticket is cheaper and also I feel they may tackle me at the airport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2015
ironbender101:

It was cool bro, cold dey too much here now. I will be back on the 5th. What are the advantages of booking a one way ticket? I just did and I am regretting since a return ticket is cheaper and also I feel they may tackle me at the airport.
No one can tackle you at the airport,it's standard issue once your visa validity is longer than 12 months.the advantage fore is that I won't have to pay date change fee or price difference when I intend traveling back with the return.in the long run you will have paid for same ticket cost even if split one way or return.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
pato231:

Lol,i will make accomodation plans in the first week,i want to be on ground to do so,in the mean time will commute from london victoria to uni for a week then settle accomodation stuff.Thanks man

Eeh, better start looking for accommodation now ooo
Unless you wanna commute to school on 35 minutes walk everyday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
pato231:

Yep, Gillingham residential area is closer to the school than chatham residential area.
When searching, remember to search within close radius to the campus postcode
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
spikesC:

Yep, Gillingham residential area is closer to the school than chatham residential area.
When searching, remember to search within close radius to the campus postcode
e no go easy o walking 35 mins,i have seen lots of accommodation my problem is sharing toilets,i rather live in London and arrive medway daily,i am also hoping i don't have lectures 5 days of the week,i know PG classes are not all days of the week,i will view the ones i have made appointment with the landlords/agents on Monday,then decide fully.Thanks bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jelmusboy(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
SpikeC and other mods.

Is it possible for a postgraduate student to change a course after been issued visa and upon arrival in school?
For example, I should be in Salford by February for MSc Environmental and Public Health which the start date is February. Am planning to change to MSc Biotechnology by September because the only start date for it is September.
Is this possible and what are the consequences, merits and demerits?
Thanks as you answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
pato231:

e no go easy o walking 35 mins,i have seen lots of accommodation my problem is sharing toilets,i rather live in London and arrive medway daily,i am also hoping i don't have lectures 5 days of the week,i know PG classes are not all days of the week,i will view the ones i have made appointment with the landlords/agents on Monday,then decide fully.Thanks bro.

There're so many studio rooms in Gillingham.
You might be on 3 days a week. That's what most people are on, even undergraduates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
jelmusboy:
SpikeC and other mods.

Is it possible for a postgraduate student to change a course after been issued visa and upon arrival in school?
For example, I should be in Salford by February for MSc Environmental and Public Health which the start date is February. Am planning to change to MSc Biotechnology by September because the only start date for it is September.
Is this possible and what are the consequences, merits and demerits?
Thanks as you answer

Yes it's possible. The school gets to decide, no need involving the home office
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
spikesC:

There're so many studio rooms in Gillingham.
You might be on 3 days a week. That's what most people are on, even undergraduates.

that will be great,i will be glad if its just 3 days a week.
i know living close to the school has its own added advantage so i will look up more places.
remember to notify me when u are back bro.
remain blessed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
pato231:

that will be great,i will be glad if its just 3 days a week.
i know living close to the school has its own added advantage so i will look up more places.
remember to notify me when u are back bro.
remain blessed
cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jelmusboy(m): 7:30am On Jan 03, 2015
spikesC:

Yes it's possible. The school gets to decide, no need involving the home office

Very happy to hear this SpikeC. Could you please recommend where one can stay as per hostel close to the University of salford if one is not able to get accommodation in the school hostel or the student village? £70 - £80 per week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 10:53am On Jan 03, 2015
jelmusboy:

Very happy to hear this SpikeC. Could you please recommend where one can stay as per hostel close to the University of salford if one is not able to get accommodation in the school hostel or the student village? £70 - £80 per week

Im going to Salford too,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jelmusboy(m): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2015
ironbender101:

Im going to Salford too,

Have you secured an accommodation or do u intend to get one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2015
jelmusboy:

Have you secured an accommodation or do u intend to get one?

I havent bro but my girlfriend is there and she will accommodate me for some days but I really need to get an accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
ironbender101:

I havent bro but my girlfriend is there and she will accommodate me for some days but I really need to get an accommodation.
shocked

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
jelmusboy:

Am not in Manchester. Use Google to search for hotels around your postcode. Also, I don't think that amount will suffice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 12:45am On Jan 04, 2015
pato231:

you can go for ensuite, since you can not stay in shared flat. Much money lol.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 12:59am On Jan 04, 2015
olukenzo:

Don't you think living in the City centre would cost more? because now you have to factor in transportation...What is the average cost of a room in the city centre, let me bring my inherent Ijebu skills to fore?

lol, I have not gotten visa yet. But I am looking towards the 29th or 30th of January depending on how early my visa application is approved.

Thanks.

Are you coming to scotland ni? If yes, plan shared flat at the rate of 250-350 PM. If you like stay off city center, budget 200-250 plus 38 for bus pass.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 04, 2015
guiddoti:
Are you coming to scotland ni? If yes, plan shared flat at the rate of 250-350 PM. If you like stay off city center, budget 200-250 plus 38 for bus pass.

Yes o. RGU, Aberdeen.

Wow. The figures you have quoted project a price difference of around 200 to 250 to what I have been getting online. Are you aware of any of such openings?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
For those looking for a particular type of accommodation close to your university, here are two best Android applications that can get you the best result;

-ZOOPLA

-UK PROPERTY
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
olukenzo:

Yes o. RGU, Aberdeen.

Wow. The figures you have quoted project a price difference of around 200 to 250 to what I have been getting online. Are you aware of any of such openings?
Well, the figures are based on Glasgow city. You may, even, get lower than the figures given you. It depends on your taste. Please, is online full flat or shared flat? Nevertheless, Aberdeen and Glasgow share similarities.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
guiddoti:
Well, the figures are based on Glasgow city. You may, even, get lower than the figures given you. It depends on your taste. Please, is online full flat or shared flat? Nevertheless, Aberdeen and Glasgow share similarities.

Heya, I was happy I had found sb sad

They are all shared flats. E.g https://www.flatmaterooms.co.uk/room-to-let/aberdeen-inchbrae-drive1

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.