Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864232 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by okolodaniel: 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Atlantis85: *sigh* 12 days more and I've been mentally going over what I submitted to be sure I did all I was supposed to do. Here's all I submitted:

1. Print-out of mail showing CAS number/unconditionl offer letter
2. Documents stated in CAS: Degree cert and ielts trf
3. 7200 in personal bank statement: had lil less than 7200 before 1st august but got total 7200 on 1st and I printed out on 3rd( stamp date was 3rd sept), tho last transaction registered 29th august. Main depositors were my mum and dad but my aunt (diff surname) paid in 400k (after I alrdy had my balance)
4. Mail correspondence between me and the school asking for extension.
5. Oanda conversion print-out for 3rd sept
6. I had paid full school fees and it was stated in cas.

Did I miss anything out pls?

You missed absolutely nothing! Expect your visa soon!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
salsera: @charles E.

some schools do online registration that way you can have that before then

I did mine before I travelled - does your brothers school have online registration?

The only registration he has done is registering with IT Services and being granted access to the School's portal + registering his cutomized email @universityname.ac.uk

The above are the only registrations available online but I doubt if the above is what you are referring to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
penfold: JustWise..Dharkchild.....DonXavier.....FutureDon......Charles E.......Steph.....active and ghost members of this forum.....you've demonstrated that there is Hope for this country.....Through Sound leadership we were all able to rally round each other...adhering to instructions,obeying the unwritten rules...we kept ourselves off from the taint of scams and insults...we helped ourselves to achieve our goals....Thank You All, got my Visa now now!!
Justwise...this country needs people like you,who can provide sound leadership,who though the opportunities are there,will not condone or engage in corrupt practices....I salute you and your integrity,you are an inspiration!!!!!
God Bless All

PS:-Yes,justwise i know i've gone off topic,pls pardon me this once!!
cheesy grin
Like you were ever in any danger of not getting it...congrats mate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
My good people, must i collect the visa on the day it is ready for colection or go at a later day? Also for collection , do we need to get there early and write names down before entrying the VFS center, thanks. Also, waiting to share my testimony today is my 15th working day but never hear anything o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
penfold: JustWise..Dharkchild.....DonXavier.....FutureDon......Charles E.......Steph.....active and ghost members of this forum.....you've demonstrated that there is Hope for this country.....Through Sound leadership we were all able to rally round each other...adhering to instructions,obeying the unwritten rules...we kept ourselves off from the taint of scams and insults...we helped ourselves to achieve our goals....Thank You All, got my Visa now now!!
Justwise...this country needs people like you,who can provide sound leadership,who though the opportunities are there,will not condone or engage in corrupt practices....I salute you and your integrity,you are an inspiration!!!!!
God Bless All

PS:-Yes,justwise i know i've gone off topic,pls pardon me this once!!
cheesy grin

Just saw this, Congratulations. So happy for you bro. Sheffield awaits you. Its cold and hilly in Sheffield. Hope to see you here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Donxavier:

Yes you can but the fixed deposit must meet some requirements. Can't remember the page now.
ok bcuz dats wat I use for my application,2accounts,a current account of 1million and a fixed deposit of 1million (7200 maintanence fee),jst praying it works
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 11:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
ibudes: Thanks To God Almighty I got my entry clearance today praise the lord
Anybody going to northumbria thank you all for ur advice and God bless

How do I get pounds to buy

Meet Aboki na. If you have time, u fit go collect BTA and PTA. Then put d remaining balance in yur GTB naira account and hold ur gtb atm card. Leggo!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2012

Congrats. If you want to buy from the bank, take your passport and arr ticket to the bank and tell them you want to buy BTA. They would exchange it for you at the cbn rate with no additional cost.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
shemy: My good people, must i collect the visa on the day it is ready for colection or go at a later day? Also for collection , do we need to get there early and write names down before entrying the VFS center, thanks. Also, waiting to share my testimony today is my 15th working day but never hear anything o.

You can go even a week after, its ur choice.

Note: Track it online incase text doesnt show up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 12:11am On Sep 13, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingspaco: 12:37am On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=ibudes]Thanks To God Almighty I got my entry clearance today praise the lord
Anybody going to northumbria [/quote

Congrats on ur Visa, got mine since 17th of last month.
Yea, am going to northumbria and wil take off tomoro via BA, hw abt u wen r u leaving. U can link me up on dis.....kingsleysq@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 4:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 5:21am On Sep 13, 2012
Hello Charles,

I thank Almighty God, you and every other persons that responded to my posts on this forum. Your feedbacks were all very useful.

I am pleased to announce to you all that the error on my visa was corrected the next day after I laid my complain. Now I am good to go. God bless u all.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:53am On Sep 13, 2012
@penfold, just seeing this. I congratulate you bro. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 6:07am On Sep 13, 2012
Nbogu: Hello Charles,

I thank Almighty God, you and every other persons that responded to my posts on this forum. Your feedbacks were all very useful.

I am pleased to announce to you all that the error on my visa was corrected the next day after I laid my complain. Now I am good to go. God bless u all.

Thanks

I remember telling you it takes only a day at most. All glory to GOD, happy for u.

ibudes: I visited three zenith bank branch they keep telling me they don't have
Is there any specific bank and branch to go to and can I get the same
Day from the bank

Most banks would keep telling you they don't have as they prefer selling to black market and making more profit. Go buy from a Bureau De Change.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:52am On Sep 13, 2012
ibudes: Thank you do you have trusted one u can recommend if yes give me
Their number

I don't know which state you are in currently, I only know ones I can vouch for in my state. However, whenever I need foreign currency, I have this hausa currency-exchange merchant whom I call to my house and we do the transaction, I don't visit the Bureau De Change, and bank is out of it cos they make everything so stressful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 8:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2012
ibudes: Coming to ur state is not a problem please help me confirm from him the
Amount/price if I am okay with then we can arrange on how to meet

If you insist, just give me a means to send you his number, can't post it on here. But for posterity sake, his name is Kabiru.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=ibudes]

Guyz can you predict when i will get my teir 4 visa for what I have submitted. Here's all I submitted:

2. Documents stated in CAS: Degree cert and ielts
3.Education Loan sanction letter of amount 18000Gbp
4. 4200Gbp in personal bank statement held for 28 days and also my birth certificate
5.I had paid 4500Gbp (total course fee is 14450Gbp) school fees in advance and it was stated in cas.
6.I have submitted my current employment letter also with it.

The aabove documents are submitted to visa service (VFS) on 10th September and my course class start date is on 24th September...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2012
ibudes: Ibudes@gmail.com

Sent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Goatyledon: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2012
Yaaaayyyyyyy.......I'm in Birmingham already"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
Had the same problem and notified VFS ikeja and was asked to go to the BHC in VI went der and explained to them that same day and dey requested for my CAS,a passport photograph and my international passport and also my mobile no on the 7th day I was called to come pick up my international passport and the mistake was rectified
Charles. E:

I have had a friend who had issues with his visa based from a fault from BHC do not same case as yours and it was corrected the next day. Don't worry, as Penfold said, it would be rectified asap, u might even get it before or on Friday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
Guyz can you predict when i will get my teir 4 visa for what I have submitted. Here's all I submitted:

2. Documents stated in CAS: Degree cert and ielts
3.Education Loan sanction letter of amount 18000Gbp
4. 4200Gbp in personal bank statement held for 28 days and also my birth certificate
5.I had paid 4500Gbp (total course fee is 14450Gbp) school fees in advance and it was stated in cas.
6.I have submitted my current employment letter also with it.

The aabove documents are submitted to visa service (VFS) on 10th September and my course class start date is on 24th September...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gonon: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hi, I got admission to study in the UK for masters. The problem is that the Date of Birth is wrong. Instead of "Feb 23, 1985", its Feb 23, 1986 that is there. I have a court affidavit pointing out this mistake, but I want to confirm if the court affidavit is enough?

Thanks

P.S... The date of Birth is fictional
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
gonon: Hi, I got admission to study in the UK for masters. The problem is that the Date of Birth is wrong. Instead of "Feb 23, 1985", its Feb 23, 1986 that is there. I have a court affidavit pointing out this mistake, but I want to confirm if the court affidavit is enough?

Thanks

P.S... The date of Birth is fictional

We know people fake affidavit these days but its enough anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2012

Congrats bro...Sterling Bank Marina oposite cash n carry sells, Ʊ can only buy PTA cus its Personal Travel Allowance (BTA Business Travel Allowance is for people going 4business purpose) PTA is sold in Dollars, hw eva if Ʊ wanna change 2 pounds jes tell dem dey av an aboki dey use, dey will call him, he will bring d pounds den dey use machine 2check its authenticity...#kpakam Ʊ shld b done in 30mins or less
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
Anyone can confirm if transit visa is/or not required if traveling to the UK via Frankfurt, that's with Lufthansa? Seems the choice airlines have been fully booked on the day my cousin intends to travel

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.