Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865914 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cosmatoz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
Have been the silent observer. This wait is killing me 11 working days now. @justwise my 15 working days should be up by thursday 20th of dis month and i booked a flight for 27 of this month because of my school start date hope Am in order
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
cosmatoz: Have been the silent observer. This wait is killing me 11 working days now. @justwise my 15 working days should be up by thursday 20th of dis month and i booked a flight for 27 of this month because of my school start date hope Am in order

You are totally in order kwo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Estico: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
My 15 working days is on Tuesday 18th. I have not booked any flight. However, international orientation will start on Tuesday 18th. I am not happy that I will miss it.
Justwise, does it take time to book a flight? If the entry clearance is successful on Thursday, can I get a flight schedule on Saturday?
Is there anyone going to University of nottingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
Estico: My 15 working days is on Tuesday 18th. I have not booked any flight. However, international orientation will start on Tuesday 18th. I am not happy that I will miss it.
Justwise, does it take time to book a flight? If the entry clearance is successful on Thursday, can I get a flight schedule on Saturday?
Is there anyone going to University of nottingham?

If the clearance comes out Thursday, u can fly out Friday, that means u wud book on thursday evening against Friday. Booking a flight takes just as long as it takes for u to pick ur flight and pay for it with ur card or bank transfer and this usually takes just minutes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Estico: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
Thank you Charles.
I paid a deposit for 2 rooms in a shared house at the rate of £450pcm so as to secure visa for my 2 kids and myself. If d entry clearance works out, I intend to travel only with the younger or alone. I think i will not be in need of the 2 but rather 1. Is it wise to go ahead and stay in the house or to look for a single room in the shared house that will likely be cheaper and most of the with all bills inclusive?
Since the tenancy agreement is already prepared, is it risky to tell them that i am not interested. Will there be any financial implication?
I want to leave the house because it might be difficult for me to rent one room.
Please I need an advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 6:05am On Sep 16, 2012
Estico: Thank you Charles.
I paid a deposit for 2 rooms in a shared house at the rate of £450pcm so as to secure visa for my 2 kids and myself. If d entry clearance works out, I intend to travel only with the younger or alone. I think i will not be in need of the 2 but rather 1. Is it wise to go ahead and stay in the house or to look for a single room in the shared house that will likely be cheaper and most of the with all bills inclusive?
Since the tenancy agreement is already prepared, is it risky to tell them that i am not interested. Will there be any financial implication?
I want to leave the house because it might be difficult for me to rent one room.
Please I need an advice.

Normally, tenancy agreements should have a clause that allows you terminate the contract as long as you have not yet started living in it. You would be entitled to your money back if you cancel but in some cases you may be charged a penalty.

Since you said the tenancy agreement is already prepared, you may wish to go through every dotted line, as the terms for cancellation should likely be stated therein.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:45am On Sep 16, 2012
cosmatoz: Have been the silent observer. This wait is killing me 11 working days now. @justwise my 15 working days should be up by thursday 20th of dis month and i booked a flight for 27 of this month because of my school start date hope Am in order

Should start getting worried when its 20 working days, 15 is not late as such.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2012
Estico: Thank you Charles.
Please I need an advice.

Is that for one room or 2?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hi everyone,,

I have applied for tier 4 visa on 10th September at VFS Chennai,India in their application center they have mentioned that processing time for tier 4 visa is 8 days and tier 5 is 14 days.And my visa status changed to "forwarded to BHC" on the same day.On Saturday 15th September my visa application statis changed to "Visa application is under process at BHC".And my course class start date is on 24th september.Will i get my visa on time or will it delays

Documents submitted:
VAF9 & app 8
Updated CAS statement (University of sheffield) and my course fee is 14450GBp and i have already paid 4500 Gbpin advance against my tuition fee and the CAS statement is also updated.
And 18500Gbp of educational loan sanction letter.
And 4200Gbp in my personal account help upto 28 days.
Birth Certificate with translation.
My Ielts score sheet and my graduation certificates as mentioned in CAS statement.
My current employment certificated.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
@ sasundar 2 of my indian friends applied and got their visas in 15 working days, they applied in india, so expect it to be ready in 15 working days not 8
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Estico: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
Good day Justwise, the £450 is for the 2 rooms.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
Estico: Good day Justwise, the £450 is for the 2 rooms.

Well you submitted already....so its not really important to comment on the issue of kids and accommodation type.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Macheus(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
Well Well Well its been great reading all the
testimonies here,I got my VISA a couple of days
ago but something turned me off and its
regarding "WORK PROHIBITED" placed on my
VISA. I've written to them anyway but am yet to
hear.I would appreciate if anyone would give
possible suggestions on how to sort this out.
Meanwhile I'll remain eternally grateful
justwise,Dkarchild and co. and if anyone plans
to fly on 22nd from Lagos -Man,intends shuttling
with Iberia pls alert me,hopefully we'll be of help
to each other. Could as well contact
on;kennetho2010@gmail.com
Warm Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
First, I must praise d name of The Almighty God who made it possible and a very big tank u 2 everyone on this thread who has in one way or the oda contributed and guid me all tru d visa app process. To crown it all, i write 2 inform u all dat i jst pick up my entry clearance and would definitely b heading 2 sheffield by weekend via manchester frm Lagos....08037951518 hook me up if u intend flying by weekend.
Once again I want 2 same tank u 2 all and it was a pleasure chatting wit u all.....see u guyz on d other side
**cheers**

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
ikcbn: First, I must praise d name of The Almighty God who made it possible and a very big tank u 2 everyone on this thread who has in one way or the oda contributed and guid me all tru d visa app process. To crown it all, i write 2 inform u all dat i jst pick up my entry clearance and would definitely b heading 2 sheffield by weekend via manchester frm Lagos....08037951518 hook me up if u intend flying by weekend.
Once again I want 2 same tank u 2 all and it was a pleasure chatting wit u all.....see u guyz on d other side
**cheers**

Happy 4 u Ikcbn
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 5:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
Tjluv: Finally, picked up my passport today with a 2years visa,all Glory be to the most high, and thanks to all those who contributed in one way or the other.

WOW! Congratulations! still waiting for my alert sms... its 18days now!
I will share my testimony soon...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charlesbro:

Thank you, have you tried tracking it online? You should get an sms alert today, if not search this thread for BHC's number and give them a call.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charlesbro:

SMS can delay atimes. What does your online tracking say?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charles. E:

SMS can delay atimes. What does your online tracking say?

Yeah so i thought...but tracking still saying..."Application Forwarded to British High commission for Processing"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
Tjluv: Thank you, have you tried tracking it online? You should get an sms alert today, if not search this thread for BHC's number and give them a call.

I will call them 2moro ....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charlesbro:

I will call them 2moro ....

Guess you applied in Lagos. Most of the peeps with delays are those that applied in Gidi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charles. E:

Guess you applied in Lagos. Most of the peeps with delays are those that applied in Gidi

Yes.. Ikeja Lagos....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
My school latest start date on my CAS letter 24th Sept and my visa application is still at the British High Commission (I applied in time and it’s been with them for about 19 days now)

If i knew i would have applied months earlier but honestly guys arranging tuition and maintenance fees wasn't easy...i had no choice but to wait till all the funds were complete.

Has any one in the house had any similar experience with this kind of delay? Or knows anyone who’s gone through this?
What do you guy’s (Justwise, Charles E. and others) advice me to do?

what do you think is the reason for the delay?

I have been calling them, the numbers are always engaged.. should i email them? if yes, what do you guys suggest i should mail them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charlesbro: My school latest start date on my CAS letter 24th Sept and my visa application is still at the British High Commission (I applied in time and it’s been with them for about 19 days now)

If i knew i would have applied months earlier but honestly guys arranging tuition and maintenance fees wasn't easy...i had no choice but to wait till all the funds were complete.

Has any one in the house had any similar experience with this kind of delay? Or knows anyone who’s gone through this?

I have been calling them, the numbers are always engaged.. should i email them? if yes, what do you guys suggest i should mail them?

Email them though i got a feeling that you will hear from them this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
Tank u all 4 d congratulatory messages, jst booked Quatar airways to Manchester on Saturday via Lagos.
*Thumbs up guyz* Let's still keep d nairaland flag flying Very High!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Macheus: Well Well Well its been great reading all the
testimonies here,I got my VISA a couple of days
ago but something turned me off and its
regarding [b]"WORK PROHIBITED" [/b]placed on my
VISA. I've written to them anyway but am yet to
hear.I would appreciate if anyone would give
possible suggestions on how to sort this out.
Meanwhile I'll remain eternally grateful
justwise,Dkarchild and co. and if anyone plans
to fly on 22nd from Lagos -Man,intends shuttling
with Iberia pls alert me,hopefully we'll be of help
to each other. Could as well contact
on;kennetho2010@gmail.com
Warm Regards.

Did you apply to private college? Is your school highly trusted?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
ikcbn: Tank u all 4 d congratulatory messages, jst booked Quatar airways to Manchester on Saturday via Lagos.
*Thumbs up guyz* Let's still keep d nairaland flag flying Very High!!!!!!

Manchester via Qatar from Lagos means you are willing to roam in Doha for 7hours in d name of transit BUT Qatar to Heathrow has far far less transit time, like an hour or an hour and a half at most. Issorai
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charlesbro: My school latest start date on my CAS letter 24th Sept and my visa application is still at the British High Commission (I applied in time and it’s been with them for about 19 days now)

You have nothing to worry about. You might get your sms this night or your status on the site might change before or by tomorrow. 24th is quite distant enough for you to meet up. And even if you happen to miss the first two days of orientation, its no biggie.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charles. E:

You have nothing to worry about. You might get your sms this night or your status on the site might change before or by tomorrow. 24th is quite distant enough for you to meet up. And even if you happen to miss the first two days of orientation, its no biggie.

Thanks Brothers (@Justwise and Charles E....for your words of encouragement...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charles. E:

Manchester via Qatar from Lagos means you are willing to roam in Doha for 7hours in d name of transit BUT Qatar to Heathrow has far far less transit time, like an hour or an hour and a half at most. Issorai

No my dear, i have my itinerary here wit me. Am gonna arrive Doha by 12:10am 23/09/12 and den depart for Manchester by 01:40am which means am jst gonna spend 1:30mins on transit.

Although sometimes it's like 8hrs depending on ur schedule, i will b arriving Manchester by 07:15am 23/09/12
*cheers*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
ikcbn:

No my dear, i have my itinerary here wit me. Am gonna arrive Doha by 12:10am 23/09/12 and den depart for Manchester by 01:40am which means am jst gonna spend 1:30mins on transit.

Although sometimes it's like 8hrs depending on ur schedule, i will b arriving Manchester by 07:15am 23/09/12
*cheers*

O cool then. Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.