Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864205 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
justwise:

That is not true, her husband is traveling with them, so she does not need to present a letter from the husband because he is going with them

Yes na its still d same, d husband applied same time with them meaning she has someone 2 leave d child with when she's busy and take not 4rm d call dah was made. If her husband didn't apply with her or given his consent do Ʊ think she would av been given visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
omopapa:

Yes na its still d same, d husband applied same time with them meaning she has someone 2 leave d child with when she's busy and take not 4rm d call dah was made. If her husband didn't apply with her or given his consent do Ʊ think she would av been given visa?

In that case she has to prove that she has made care-arrangement for her kids and with of her husband's consent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
justwise: [/b]

In that case she has to prove that she has made care-arrangement for her kids and with of her husband's consent.

Exactly my point
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thally: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
Good Day all, I got into Uk on monday n have been trying to settle down ever since. Done with part of my registration in school but this place is getting cold n a bit lonely. Please who's attending university of greenwich. I really need to makes some naija friends so I don't feel all alone in this country. To those that started this thread, kudos to you. U guys have been great
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
donlexs:
Thank you very much Charles. I noticed that after I had posted the question. Really appreciate it. Just by the way,do you think Visas are processed in Lagos because the sms I got from VFS said my application has been forwarded to the British Deputy Commission for processing. I was of the view that processing is done at Abuja only. Thanks. Would be waiting to hear from you and the house. I applied at the Premium Lounge could it be the reason?
yes, Visa processing is done in Abuja only. The premium lounge doesn't influence anything.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 11:33pm On Sep 20, 2012
t.hally:
Good Day all, I got into Uk on monday n have been trying to settle down ever since. Done with part of my registration in school but this place is getting cold n a bit lonely. Please who's attending university of greenwich. I really need to makes some naija friends so I don't feel all alone in this country. To those that started this thread, kudos to you. U guys have been great

Its alwz like dat d first few weeks. Don't worry, you'll make friends very soon when lectures starts & don't limit urself to naija peeps ooo, spread ur tentacles to every nationality.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Estico: 12:56am On Sep 21, 2012
I am already feeling lonely and nervous. I will be travelling to nottingham on Monday. Is there anybody going to heathrow via Abuja? I hope I will adjust fast.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 4:46am On Sep 21, 2012
kingbilly: @ Charles. E
Thanks! Will send a mail to VFS.
Please when you get the information from VFS can you post it here so we can also benefit from it. Thanks very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 8:15am On Sep 21, 2012
Tjluv: yes, Visa processing is done in Abuja only. The premium lounge doesn't influence anything.
Thank you very much. But this was the sms alert I received two days after submitting my application:" Visa application Ref. No. IKAB/120912/120049/1 has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission on 12/09/2012 for processing.." I know its not yet up to 15days but the wait is killing me and this message keeps me confused. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:32am On Sep 21, 2012
donlexs:
Thank you very much. But this was the sms alert I received two days after submitting my application:" Visa application Ref. No. IKAB/120912/120049/1 has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission on 12/09/2012 for processing.. " I know its not yet up to 15days but the wait is killing me and this message keeps me confused. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Simply means your application has been dispatched for processing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2012
donlexs:
Please when you get the information from VFS can you post it here so we can also benefit from it. Thanks very much.
I submitted my application on 31/8/2012 Today is my 15th working day, no text yet or status changed online. My school resumes on monday. Any1 with similar experience?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2012
Hw do I start counting d 15working days,is it from the day I submitted my application or d nxt day,I submitted it on 3/9/12,does 2day mk it 15days or monday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2012
holloziggi: Hw do I start counting d 15working days,is it from the day I submitted my application or d nxt day,I submitted it on 3/9/12,does 2day mk it 15days or monday?
I think its from the next day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2012
@ Just wise, I want to know what totally I will do in order to make a new application after my refusal. My school is willing to defer my admission till January. What exactly can I do to make a fresh application that will be successful?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 9:58am On Sep 21, 2012
Anyone have applied for University of sheffield Msc Loss Prevention and Process safety n waiting for visa?? ......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2012
holloziggi: Hw do I start counting d 15working days,is it from the day I submitted my application or d nxt day,I submitted it on 3/9/12,does 2day mk it 15days or monday?

From official correspondence, your 15 working days starts from the very day you submitted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2012
t.hally:

Get yourself winter gears quick, jackets, hats, socks and thermal wears, make friends not just with Nigerians but other foreign students, you will be ok sooner than you expected but you need to wrap up first to enjoy the experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: @ Just wise, I want to know what totally I will do in order to make a new application after my refusal. My school is willing to defer my admission till January. What exactly can I do to make a fresh application that will be successful?

Your case is not a difficult one if you address those issues the ECO raised in the refusal letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=justwise]
Pls I ve a little issue, today marks my 15th working day after submission. But the problem is, my dad told me he had to make heavy withdrawal from his acct yesterday(which is d acct I used for my application) to sort out a quick business deal. Now am worried that they might verify the acct balance, even tho am hoping they might ve done the verification earlier.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=holladapooo][/quote]

PRAY!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2012
@holladapooo

You just have to pray that the verification has been done before your daddy withdrew the money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=holladapooo][/quote]

@holladapooo: If your Dad moved the funds on the 15th working day then I don't think you have any cause to be worried cos the passport is usually stamped on d 12th/13th working day, just be prayerful sha. I met a lady the day I submitted my application in Ikeja, ‎​we exchanged numbers & 2 days later she called me & informed me that her mum had to move the funds in her account for business purposes. Initially she was worried but then I encouraged her & she gathered faith & prayed about it. Goodnews is, ‎​we both got our visas on the same day (15th working day). Just be prayerful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
@Justwise, @Charles E. ....Do you know of anyone who resumed school after the latest date of resumption due to delay in Visa application ? what was their experience like with the Uk boarder Agency...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise: @holladapooo

You just have to pray that the verification has been done before your daddy withdrew the money.
sigh....Thanks. At this point i guess all i got to do is to keep praying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
richeyy:

@holladapooo: If your Dad moved the funds on the 15th working day then I don't think you have any cause to be worried cos the passport is usually stamped on d 12th/13th working day, just be prayerful sha. I met a lady the day I submitted my application in Ikeja, ‎​we exchanged numbers & 2 days later she called me & informed me that her mum had to move the funds in her account for business purposes. Initially she was worried but then I encouraged her & she gathered faith & prayed about it. Goodnews is, ‎​we both got our visas on the same day (15th working day). Just be prayerful

After reading this i felt so relieved....Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
Charlesbro: @Justwise, @Charles E. ....Do you know of anyone who resumed school after the latest date of resumption due to delay in Visa application ? what was their experience like with the Uk boarder Agency...?

I know no one who has been in that situation, but if thats gonna be your case, you have to inform the school first and see if they are gonna give u another extension based on ur peculiar case. Lest u might have problems with ur school, thats if u go past Border Control.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
holladapooo:
sigh....Thanks. At this point i guess all i got to do is to keep praying.

I have a friend who received her text on the 15th working day (11th Sept) and collected her visa the next day which was 12th September, 2012. On collecting her passport, she saw it was stamped since the 7th of September. Means this stuffs are processed faster but maybe administrative processes keep them till 15 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
Charles. E:

I have a friend who received her text on the 15th working day (11th Sept) and collected her visa the next day which was 12th September, 2012. On collecting her passport, she saw it was stamped since the 7th of September. Means this stuffs are processed faster but maybe administrative processes keep them till 15 days.
Last night after my dad told me about the withdrawal, even though he explained how important the business was. i still felt so terrible and sad. couldnt even sleep well through the night. But after reading all the response here, i feel much better and relieved. Thanks to you all for the encouragement and enlightenment. I ll just keep praying and waiting for the text.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
donlexs:
Thank you very much. But this was the sms alert I received two days after submitting my application:" Visa application Ref. No. IKAB/120912/120049/1 has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission on 12/09/2012 for processing.." I know its not yet up to 15days but the wait is killing me and this message keeps me confused. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
That's the message they usually send when anyone submits.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
Charlesbro: @Justwise, @Charles E. ....Do you know of anyone who resumed school after the latest date of resumption due to delay in Visa application ? what was their experience like with the Uk boarder Agency...?

You will be allowed to enter the UK but get a letter from your school first indicating that you are allowed to resume.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
jst got a txt frm vfs that my passport is ready 4 collection,jst pray 4 me all,I hope 2share d gud news on monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
holloziggi: jst got a txt frm vfs that my passport is ready 4 collection,jst pray 4 me all,I hope 2share d gud news on monday

You will be fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.