Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865858 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
Oyibopepper: Hello guys. I think this forum is great. I desperately need your advice.i have paid my full tuition fees and was told it was short with about £700 pounds which I have paid but I'm still waiting for my CAS statement to be updated so it won't affect my visa application as I have only the maintenance funds in my account. Problem is, my CAS has not been updated and time is RUNNING Out. What do I do? Go ahead and submit visa application or wait? Please help with your advice and suggestions.

Your school should update your CAS in 24 hrs or 48 hrs at most. Have you called them to confirm if they have received the £700 or you are just sitting and waiting and hope they do it automatically. Or did you mail them and hope they see your mail, atimes emails are not the best in urgent cases. ADVISE: CALL THEM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
donrum: Is there any1 that applied on the 29th of August at ikeja...please if I applied on the 29th of august when should I be expctn my visa,school starts soon..

I applied on the 21st of August at Ikeja. today made it 20-working days...i have not gotten any sms from them... my school latest date is 24th sept... so, be strong and courageous. i believe everything is turning out good for us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lekside01(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
do VFS tracking application status change atall? 22 working days gone and still counting. please reply..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
penfold: @justwise,
Just an update, and maybe this might help someone, especially the person whose children were not given a Visa.
Concerning the question I asked about a pregnant Tier 4 applicant, Well, She stated in her application that she was pregnant, and her husband applied with her (he changed his mind after much persuasion). She was phoned from the British High Commission after the 9th day or thereabouts and she was asked her course details, and also asked to confirm how much she had paid for tuiton. Then she was asked how many weeks pregnant she was, and how she intended to cope with academics and pregnancy. They also asked if she was aware that they would not grant her baby (when the baby is born) permission to stay in the UK unless she can prove that her husband was with her in the UK, in addition to the funds for maintenance that would be required (and I think this is very strange and unusual by the way) she answered all their questions. Well, both she and her husband were granted the visa and they came into the UK this morning.
So one should just be as truthful as possible when applying for entry clearance in addition to reading all their guidelines and complying with them.

Wao! Dis is a great testimony and a lesson learnt + experience gained.

Now it is obvious n crystal clear dat whether married or single parent, Ʊ can't travel with ur child (even unborn) 2d UK without the husband's permission.

Learning is a continuous process...I can bet some travel agents dnt av such experience sef. Bigups 2 NL n everyoda person in dis room no regrets ever joining #kuods!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingbilly(f): 1:11am On Sep 20, 2012
A friend is supposed to resume monday (17th) at the University of Wales but, his been delayed due to late payment of fees. The school as given him till 1st of October to resume.
Is it possible for him to apply and get his visa before then (fast track)?
How can he go about it?

Its urgent, pls reply!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 1:28am On Sep 20, 2012
kingbilly: A friend is supposed to resume monday (17th) at the University of Wales but, his been delayed due to late payment of fees. The school as given him till 1st of October to resume.
Is it possible for him to apply and get his visa before then (fast track)?
How can he go about it?

Its urgent, pls reply!

I have heard of that fast-track stuff. Agents do claim they can assist, but id advice u inquire at VFS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingbilly(f): 1:57am On Sep 20, 2012
@ Charles. E
Thanks! Will send a mail to VFS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 3:21am On Sep 20, 2012
lekside01: do VFS tracking application status change atall? 22 working days gone and still counting. please reply..

Have you tried contacting VFS? If you haven't I'll advise you do so now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 6:06am On Sep 20, 2012
Thanks charles,

I am wandering if I could state my family friends address on my landing card since I don't intend to. Live on campus. I chose to be off k because I am travelling with my spouse, couples are not allowed in my schools hostel.

I plan to put up with our family friend for a few days to sort out my accommodation. Please note that my study location is in Chelmsford, not very far from london and my family friend lives in london. I hope this will not be an issue?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:32am On Sep 20, 2012
omopapa:

Wao! Dis is a great testimony and a lesson learnt + experience gained.

Now it is obvious n crystal clear dat whether married or single parent, Ʊ can't travel with ur child (even unborn) 2d UK without the husband's permission.

Learning is a continuous process...I can bet some travel agents dnt av such experience sef. Bigups 2 NL n everyoda person in dis room no regrets ever joining #kuods!

That is not true, her husband is traveling with them, so she does not need to present a letter from the husband because he is going with them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:36am On Sep 20, 2012
penfold: @justwise,
Just an update, and maybe this might help someone, especially the person whose children were not given a Visa.
Concerning the question I asked about a pregnant Tier 4 applicant, Well, She stated in her application that she was pregnant, and her husband applied with her (he changed his mind after much persuasion). She was phoned from the British High Commission after the 9th day or thereabouts and she was asked her course details, and also asked to confirm how much she had paid for tuiton. Then she was asked how many weeks pregnant she was, and how she intended to cope with academics and pregnancy. They also asked if she was aware that they would not grant her baby (when the baby is born) permission to stay in the UK unless she can prove that her husband was with her in the UK, in addition to the funds for maintenance that would be required (and I think this is very strange and unusual by the way) she answered all their questions. Well, both she and her husband were granted the visa and they came into the UK this morning.
So one should just be as truthful as possible when applying for entry clearance in addition to reading all their guidelines and complying with them.

Her case would have been different if the husband was not going with her, i like the fact that they called her which allows her explain things better. They don't always call people as such, so congratulations to her.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:14am On Sep 20, 2012
Nbogu: Thanks charles,

I am wandering if I could state my family friends address on my landing card since I don't intend to Live on campus. I chose to be off k because I am travelling with my spouse, couples are not allowed in my schools hostel.

I plan to put up with our family friend for a few days to sort out my accommodation. Please note that my study location is in Chelmsford, not very far from london and my family friend lives in london. I hope this will not be an issue?

Thanks

Yes you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2012
@perekeme flint why did you use micro finance bank if you have the money.
Dapto:

Bro,so sorry about the refusal.But it seems d Micro-finance bank u used didn't place you in a good stead with ECO hence,he has to call to verify and not being to established d contact with bank 'nailed d coffin' on your case.Pls,next time use d normal commeercial banks we have around,at least d ECO's are very used to them since they come in contact wit loads of bank statements coming from this banks.AS per d review,u can give it a try and who knows,u may end up smiling once again.

All d best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 9:10am On Sep 20, 2012
he should not worry about that. i was not asked any single question when i entered on the 9th
Charles. E:

Amen. Well, Border Control may ask for anything. But very rarely would they ask you for prove of funds from the testimonies seen. As many nairalanders who have landed UK recently have testified, they were either asked for just their passport, some where only additionally asked the name of their school and course, none was asked for prove of funds.

But you may choose to leave the remaining money in your account and hold like a 1000 pounds in cash as you travel. When you travel and have concluded with opening your UK Bank account, you can send a duly signed mandate via email to your bank in Nigeria with your UK bank details requesting they do a transfer. You may discuss this with your account officer before you leave so that your bank in Nigeria doesn't delay you with trying to authenticate your request et al
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 9:12am On Sep 20, 2012
your mistake was using micro finance bank, when you already no that they will suspect your father or relative been the owner or the MD/CEO
perekeme flint: bros,there was no phone call nor email to my bank from what the bank told me.then they bank has written including all their contact details in the letter and have already submitted for the admin review hoping luck smiles on me.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cosmatoz(m): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
[b][/b]My status changed to processed application in transit, and i paid for courier, please house @justwise how long does it take for courier to be delivered, i.e from abuja to Ph answer needed please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
cosmatoz: [b][/b]My status changed to processed application in transit, and i paid for courier, please house @justwise how long does it take for courier to be delivered, i.e from abuja to Ph answer needed please

I'm not sure about the time it takes, hopefully people here with experience in that regard will help with an answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hi @justwise, I'm back again. Submitted on 4th of september and I expect to get my visa on 24th. I have been going over the docs I submitted in my head. I've asked this here before but just wanna confirm again cos I saw sumn in d previous thread.

Paid full school fees nd had my maintenance fee complete (7200) by 1st August. Made several transactions as it was my personal acct but balance never went below 7200gbp. Printed out statement on 3rd Sepetember tho last balance showed 29th august. Still 7200gbp. Is that my closing balance? Did I fulfill the 28-days requirement? Should I have had a transaction done on 3rd september? Oh actually I did make a transaction on 3rd sept (monday) but didn't reflect on the statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
Atlantis85: Hi @justwise, I'm back again. Submitted on 4th of september and I expect to get my visa on 24th. I have been going over the docs I submitted in my head. I've asked this here before but just wanna confirm again cos I saw sumn in d previous thread.

Paid full school fees nd had my maintenance fee complete (7200) by 1st August. Made several transactions as it was my personal acct but balance never went below 7200gbp. Printed out statement on 3rd Sepetember tho last balance showed 29th august. Still 7200gbp. Is that my closing balance? Did I fulfill the 28-days requirement? Should I have had a transaction done on 3rd september? Oh actually I did make a transaction on 3rd sept (monday) but didn't reflect on the statement.

You don't have much to worry about, your application is not even up to 15 working days. There is nothing wrong with your list.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
justwise:

You don't have much to worry about, your application is not even up to 15 working days. There is nothing wrong with your list.

Yea I know. It will be 15 workng days next tuesday. Just wanted to confirm the maintenace fee again. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cosmatoz(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
Somebody please answer my question above
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoeja(f): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
ive paid my fees but the required money in my acct will be 28 days on the 4th of oct. is it possible to get the visa before 15th assuming i apply on the 5th. and my toefl was written last year november, hope its not too old?please assist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cosmatoz(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
cosmatoz: [b][/b]My status changed to processed application in transit, and i paid for courier, please house @justwise how long does it take for courier to be delivered, i.e from abuja to Ph answer needed please
reponse needed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2012

VFS Global uses United Postal Service (UPS) and they are known for efficency as a world renowed courier service. If they posted it today, you should get it tomorrow. Meaning it would take MAX 24 hours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
[quote author=Charles. E]

Your school should update your CAS in 24 hrs or 48 hrs at most. Have you called them to confirm if they have received the £700 or you are just sitting and waiting and hope they do it automatically. Or did you mail them and hope they see your mail, atimes emails are not the best in urgent cases. ADVISE: CALL THEM.

I did follow your advice and they have updated my CAS. Thank you so much. I will keep you updated and please join me in praying that my visa comes out in 2 working days!!!!!!! LOL

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
Oyibopepper: I did follow your advice and they have updated my CAS. Thank you so much. I will keep you updated and please join me in praying that my visa comes out in 2 working days!!!!!!! LOL

I thank GOD and I am glad I could help. Much cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
[quote author=sasundar][/quote]
Hello,I submitted my application on the 12th at the Premium Lounge and they told me to check back in 15 days. How come your own is 8 days? Was there a special route you took? Please let me know coz my school resumes on the 26th and I would love to get my Visa before then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
donlexs:
Hello,I submitted my application on the 12th at the Premium Lounge and they told me to check back in 15 days. How come your own is 8 days? Was there a special route you took? Please let me know coz my school resumes on the 26th and I would love to get my Visa before then.

Sasundar applied in India Sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
Charles. E:

Sasundar applied in India Sir.
Thank you very much Charles. I noticed that after I had posted the question. Really appreciate it. Just by the way,do you think Visas are processed in Lagos because the sms I got from VFS said my application has been forwarded to the British Deputy Commission for processing. I was of the view that processing is done at Abuja only. Thanks. Would be waiting to hear from you and the house. I applied at the Premium Lounge could it be the reason?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
donlexs:
Thank you very much Charles. I noticed that after I had posted the question. Really appreciate it. Just by the way,do you think Visas are processed in Lagos because the sms I got from VFS said my application has been forwarded to the British Deputy Commission for processing. I was of the view that processing is done at Abuja only. Thanks. Would be waiting to hear from you and the house. I applied at the Premium Lounge could it be the reason?

Can't say for certain where Lagos Applications are processed but I believe Lagos should be processed in Lagos. Guess someone may choose to assist with the above question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perekemeflint: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
please brothers help me before i go mad.i just called the uk high commission in Abuja and they told me that the admin review form i submitted to them on the 13th of September hasn't gotten to them yet.What could be the problem cos am sure i personally submitted it and the date of final registration is October 5,your advise can help me right now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2012
Charles. E:

Can't say for certain where Lagos Applications are processed but I believe Lagos should be processed in Lagos. Guess someone may choose to assist with the above question.
Thanks very much for your response. Will just wait patiently until I hear from them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.