Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864229 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
holloziggi: jst got a txt frm vfs that my passport is ready 4 collection,jst pray 4 me all,I hope 2share d gud news on monday
Lucky you, i submitted my application 31/8/2012 which is 1 working day earlier than yours yet ve not gotten msg from vfs that my passport is ready for collection. anyways wish u all the best, am sure u re gonna get a good news by God's grace.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise:

You will be allowed to enter the UK but get a letter from your school first indicating that you are allowed to resume.

thank you so much ....i will do just that...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise:

You will be fine.
tnx @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
holloziggi: jst got a txt frm vfs that my passport is ready 4 collection,jst pray 4 me all,I hope 2share d gud news on monday

In GOD we Trust!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
holladapooo:
Lucky you, i submitted my application 31/8/2012 which is 1 working day earlier than yours yet ve not gotten msg from vfs that my passport is ready for collection. anyways wish u all the best, am sure u re gonna get a good news by God's grace.
tnx man,I submitted mine @ abj thou
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
Charles. E:

In GOD we Trust!
Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
holloziggi: tnx man,I submitted mine @ abj thou
Oh no wonder. I submitted in ikeja, lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
sasundar: Anyone have applied for University of sheffield Msc Loss Prevention and Process safety n waiting for visa?? ......

I applied to th university of sheffield but mph and still waiting for visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by albertseun(m): 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
@holladapooo..you don't have any problem with dat as long as ur father operate a well known bank, a fiend got his visa 2day and his fada as even started withdrawing money from the account few days after his application. Though its kind of risky...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
Please did any body use the fast track services here. I mean the one offered by those 'people' we dey for vfs office. I want to know the pros and cons please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 6:55am On Sep 22, 2012
Dear charles,

I come to you this morning with a heavy heart. I and my spouse were unexpectedly refused to board on arrival to lagos airport on the 20th. The reason being that I told the air flight agent that I was pregnant. He did not really have problem with that because I was about 5 months pregnant, it was the British high commission representative at the airport that started making phone calls about our case. She later told us that we can not fly until we go to British High Commission to have a talk with them. We quickly went there. But the outcome was heartbreaking as our visas were revoked on the ground that I did not mention it in my application form that I was pregnant, that my course started since 13th but I intentionally did not travel till 20th therefore, I am not a genuine student and that my aim was to go and give birth in the uk and recourse to public fund not to study.

Regarding my spouse, they said he did not mention in his form that his wife was pregnant. They called our offence false representation. And that our refusal was based on paragraph 320 (7A).

We did not intend to do all that, we did not see any need to mention that I was pregnant as there was no question in that regards on the application forms. I feel so down. I don't know if I should request an administrative review.

Again, I don't know if this will affect my future applications.

Please tell me what this might mean to me now and my future travel plans. Advice me on what to do to come out of this mess. I need you and any one that can help on this forum more than ever.

God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:17am On Sep 22, 2012
Nbogu: Dear charles,

I come to you this morning with a heavy heart. I and my spouse were unexpectedly refused to board on arrival to lagos airport on the 20th. The reason being that I told the air flight agent that I was pregnant. He did not really have problem with that because I was about 5 months pregnant, it was the British high commission representative at the airport that started making phone calls about our case. She later told us that we can not fly until we go to British High Commission to have a talk with them. We quickly went there. But the outcome was heartbreaking as our visas were revoked on the ground that I did not mention it in my application form that I was pregnant, that my course started since 13th but I intentionally did not travel till 20th therefore, I am not a genuine student and that my aim was to go and give birth in the uk and recourse to public fund not to study.

Regarding my spouse, they said he did not mention in his form that his wife was pregnant. They called our offence false representation. And that our refusal was based on paragraph 320 (7A).

We did not intend to do all that, we did not see any need to mention that I was pregnant as there was no question in that regards on the application forms. I feel so down. I don't know if I should request an administrative review.

Please tell me what this might mean to me now and my future travel plans. Advice me on what to do to come out of this mess. I need you and any one that can help on this forum more than ever.

God bless you

This is certainly one of the kind of news I detest reading. I guess I have too much empathy in me. I am not familiar with the Paragraph 320 (7A) that they refer to and if the said paragraph comes with any consequences if violated.

However, if they have given you an option for administrative review, please prepare a water-tight case and do just that.

Justwise , please I hope you can assist with the request above as regards the Paragraph 320 and if it means anything deeper.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2012
holladapooo:
I submitted my application on 31/8/2012 Today is my 15th working day, no text yet or status changed online. My school resumes on monday. Any1 with similar experience?
I believe you'll be just fine mayne. I submitted mine on the 12th of September but my school would resume on the 26th and that's before my 15 days time period. So with all the testimonies here I am sitting tight waiting to hear from them but its not a small thing ooo. Honestly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2012
donlexs:
I believe you'll be just fine mayne. I submitted mine on the 12th of September but my school would resume on the 26th and that's before my 15 days time period. So with all the testimonies here I am sitting tight waiting to hear from them but its not a small thing ooo. Honestly.
Its well, am sure we ll both come back here with testimonies by God's grace.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 8:33am On Sep 22, 2012
holladapooo:
Its well, am sure we ll both come back here with testimonies by God's grace.
Amen my bro,I really believe so
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 8:34am On Sep 22, 2012
donlexs:
Amen we gonna b fine,jst v faith n b patient
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2012

God bless you

Offence relating to that paragraph carries 10yrs ban, you withhid a vital info in your application form, i'm sure that there is a space in one of the forms where you are asked to disclose any health condition OR give any other info which you may have.

They wouldn't have denied you a visa if you had disclosed the pregnancy because you are with your husband and might have planned for the baby care.

I don't think you will even be given the right to appeal, all you can do now is to go for case review but God knows what the outcome will be.

You are just a victim of crimes committed by other Nigerian women who landed in the UK with visiting visa, use the NHS and ran away with their babies and never pay a penny for the delivery.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2012
Charles. E:

This is certainly one of the kind of news I detest reading. I guess I have too much empathy in me. I am not familiar with the Paragraph 320 (7A) that they refer to and if the said paragraph comes with any consequences if violated.

However, if they have given you an option for administrative review, please prepare a water-tight case and do just that.

Justwise , please I hope you can assist with the request above as regards the Paragraph 320 and if it means anything deeper.

Justwise, please help me out in this case I need you now more than ever.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 9:50am On Sep 22, 2012
holloziggi: Amen we gonna b fine,jst v faith n b patient
AMEN!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:50am On Sep 22, 2012
Nbogu:

Justwise, please help me out in this case I need you now more than ever.

Thanks

Given you a reply ^^^^
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoeja(f): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2012
Please @justwise will it be better to submit my visa application in abuja? Will that make the processing faster? My school will resume soon, hence the hurry. And will I be called for interview. I know someone who said he got his visa in one week is that possible too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
ochuko eja: Please @justwise will it be better to submit my visa application in abuja? Will that make the processing faster? My school will resume soon, hence the hurry. And will I be called for interview. I know someone who said he got his visa in one week is that possible too

I don't think it matters where you submit it, interview is a random thing, not everybody is called for an interview.

Yes its possible to get it in a week, depend on who is dealing with your case.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cosmatoz(m): 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
@house @justwise @charles .E, can't say a big enough thank you to you guys, did not comment much on this forum but allowed your reply and comments guide me, i got my visa today, was stamped after 12 working days. Thanks thanks and once again thanks, may God reward all your efforts. By the way who is going to glasgow? smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
cosmatoz: @house @justwise @charles .E, can't say a big enough thank you to you guys, did not comment much on this forum but allowed your reply and comments guide me, i got my visa today, was stamped after 12 working days. Thanks thanks and once again thanks, may God reward all your efforts. By the way who is going to glasgow? smiley

Congrat!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
cosmatoz: @house @justwise @charles .E, can't say a big enough thank you to you guys, did not comment much on this forum but allowed your reply and comments guide me, i got my visa today, was stamped after 12 working days. Thanks thanks and once again thanks, may God reward all your efforts. By the way who is going to glasgow? smiley

Congrats. GOD was/is always faithful as he promised.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2012

God bless you
This is really really sad, its more heartbreaking because this could have been avoided, I remember that we had discussed this extensively in pages 58-59 of this thread, and because of the several insightful comments and contributions, that particular application was successful, the applicant was even like 7 months pregnanat, like I said earlier, when dealing with the UKBA, honesty is always the best policy. That said, I think what you can do is to contact your school, it will help if your school has a rep in nigeria, if you have paid your full tution, that should help too, inform your school especially your course leader of the true situation of things, if they are still willing to take you and can extend your resumption date and can indicate that in their response, you should just make a fresh appllication, this time around with a covering note explaining your situation and officially informing them that you are pregnant. I dont think a review will work because in a review, you cannot include any other document, not even a note to explain anything, the review will be based on the same documents you submitted,and remember that your case would have been flagged, so if it is reviewed a thousand times, they will still be of the same opinion cuz the rules dont allow you to explain anything,meanwhile, if you make a fresh application, you will have the chance to explain yourself. Just remain prayerful!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2012

God bless you

This is so sad. I wish you had followed this thread early or regularly. Anytime the issue of pregnancy or travelling with dependants comes in this matter of full disclosure is paramount. I remember Justwise always insisting on a letter of consent if it requires kids or stating that one is pregnant.

They were well within their rights to refuse you and looking at it without bias it looks like what the UKBA claim. You didn't disclose your situation, You were going a week late, all those things didn't help your case.

Like Justwise said you are a victim of past Nigerian ladies that have abused the UK system.

Penfold's advice might work. It's worth giving a trial.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
t.hally:
Good Day all, I got into Uk on monday n have been trying to settle down ever since. Done with part of my registration in school but this place is getting cold n a bit lonely. Please who's attending university of greenwich. I really need to makes some naija friends so I don't feel all alone in this country. To those that started this thread, kudos to you. U guys have been great

which campus are u in?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2012
penfold:
This is really really sad, its more heartbreaking because this could have been avoided, I remember that we had discussed this extensively in pages 58-59 of this thread, and because of the several insightful comments and contributions, that particular application was successful, the applicant was even like 7 months pregnanat, like I said earlier, when dealing with the UKBA, honesty is always the best policy. That said, I think what you can do is to contact your school, it will help if your school has a rep in nigeria, if you have paid your full tution, that should help too, inform your school especially your course leader of the true situation of things, if they are still willing to take you and can extend your resumption date and can indicate that in their response, you should just make a fresh appllication, this time around with a covering note explaining your situation and officially informing them that you are pregnant. I dont think a review will work because in a review, you cannot include any other document, not even a note to explain anything, the review will be based on the same documents you submitted,and remember that your case would have been flagged, so if it is reviewed a thousand times, they will still be of the same opinion cuz the rules dont allow you to explain anything,meanwhile, if you make a fresh application, you will have the chance to explain yourself. Just remain prayerful!!!

Thanks penfold,

What if I,ve been ban for 10 years will my re application be Successful? My school told me verbally that my extension can only be till October 5th. Can a re application be ready before 5th october?

As for my schools representative, I have already contacted them, they are looking critically into it so as for them to make an effective decision.

To be honest, I am so confused, I don't even know what to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 6:56am On Sep 24, 2012
penfold:
Dear Penfold,

I think supporting evidence can be sent alongside a review request. The reason is that it was stated on the refusal later. This is what the ECO stated: Please consider carefully before requesting a review. You should not send any supporting evidence, unless specifically requested by the administrative reviewer or if you have been refused under paragraph 320(7A) or (7B) of the immigration rules. According to the ECO, our refusals were based on paragraph 320(7A).

With the above explanation, do you still think that I cannot request for a review with surporting evidence?
Hope to hear from you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 24, 2012
Nbogu:

Thanks penfold,

What if I,ve been ban for 10 years will my re application be Successful? My school told me verbally that my extension can only be till October 5th. Can a re application be ready before 5th october?

As for my schools representative, I have already contacted them, they are looking critically into it so as for them to make an effective decision.

To be honest, I am so confused, I don't even know what to do.

If you ve been banned, I don't think anything can be done about it. It's a merciless ban, Vicjustice was alluding to that some time ago.

Let's just hope that isn't the case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 24, 2012
Nbogu:
Dear Penfold,

I think supporting evidence can be sent alongside a review request. The reason is that it was stated on the refusal later. This is what the ECO stated: Please consider carefully before requesting a review. You should not send any supporting evidence, unless specifically requested by the administrative reviewer or if you have been refused under paragraph 320(7A) or (7B) of the immigration rules. According to the ECO, our refusals were based on paragraph 320(7A).

With the above explanation, do you still think that I cannot request for a review with surporting evidence?
Hope to hear from you

You already have your answer. Go for the review and provide whatever is requested of you. And hope for the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.