Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618100 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:24am On Nov 16, 2018
HouseOfWine:

I feel Melo would be better off on a team whose motto is "Playoffs is the Objective but not everything " ala Lottery teams cos then at least we can envision him playing more minutes.

GSW won! trust Kd to come huge down the 4th quarter.

Melo isnt better off on any team man. These TNT folks keep making Melo the victim. angry

Could it be, after the third team, Melo IS the issue? I get that a player of Melo's caliber should start. But if he cant play at that level anymore, isnt it time to exit the league. Or be like Vince Carter and enjoy being an elder statesman

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:27am On Nov 16, 2018
birdman:

Teams are cracking 120 points like water. I understand fast paced bball sells more tickets, but you right - this is too watered down. After a while, people will get immune to the points barrage and just tune off. I would like to see a team lock down the warriors to 80 points tongue

bwahahaha...who knew it would be the rockets to do this grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 4:32am On Nov 16, 2018
Warriors and bone headed plays. Cook that was busy passing during normal game turned to shooter in garbage time. Klay Thompson needs to sign a toaster again.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:44am On Nov 16, 2018
birdman:

bwahahaha...who knew it would be the rockets to do this grin
Legs were still fresh. Everyone knew the scoring pace would be unsustainable
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:48am On Nov 16, 2018
Draymond Green 0-5-5

Klay Thompson 5/16

I hope these are not the guys that would be asking for max deals in the next two summers. It would be fun to see these guys carry their own teams with this kind of inconsistency

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:53am On Nov 16, 2018
The Rockets should take this W with a pinch of salt in terms of possible championship matchup against the Warriors.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:12am On Nov 16, 2018
birdman:

Melo isnt better off on any team man. These TNT folks keep making Melo the victim. angry

Could it be, after the third team, Melo IS the issue? I get that a player of Melo's caliber should start. But if he cant play at that level anymore, isnt it time to exit the league. Or be like Vince Carter and enjoy being an elder statesman
Lmaooo I don't know if D'Antoni completely forgave Melo for what happened with the Knicks. 10 games is an awfully short time to quit on a player but it's hard to argue with the results.

Melo is unfortunately that guy that refused to evolve as a player and is thus persona non grata on any team that has Championship ambitions. I still think he can play in this league. There are teams that can use his scoring, but in what doses and how much humble pie is he willing to eat and accept he's just not that guy anymore

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:26am On Nov 16, 2018
@Roland17
Your Packers should kiss the playoffs goodbye at this point. And while I still think Aaron Rodgers is a bit overrated this una coach no be am
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:57am On Nov 16, 2018
Roland17:
The Rockets should take this W with a pinch of salt in terms of possible championship matchup against the Warriors.

We all know Warriors play better during playoff. However, they aren't invincible and can be taken down by more teams now.
KD and Curry are the only reliable scorer.
Klay is streaky. He isn't consistent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Hardetayour:
It's like these guys have planned to stop shooting these season apart from Steph.

Klay stinking up the joint on open shots.

Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
A40:
You watch these games and wonder at times if Draymond Green and Klay Thompson are all-stars

They aren't, especially Draymond.

Draymond is overrated. He thinks he's an all-star for real.
They better not lose KD cos they will not be relevant anymore excelt they get an AD, Kawhi to replace KD
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:15am On Nov 16, 2018
There they go again.

Because we did not lose to this same Rockets at Oracle when KD first got here?

I don't understand.

Someone cannot lose in peace again.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
I am not understanding this Melo's situation...He and the Rockets have parted ways but his name still remains on the roster...So the Rockets are still going to pay him but he won't play....Is that how bad Melo is?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oMaybe i'm wrong tho?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
aliondo:
I am not understanding this Melo's situation...He and the Rockets have parted ways but his name still remains on the roster...So the Rockets are still going to pay him but he won't play....Is that how bad Melo is?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oMaybe i'm wrong tho?
He's a free agent so he can't be moved till Mid-December
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
donlittle25:
never really liked the guy especially after costing his team a ring in 2016.

Glad he got fined. People come out to see KD, steph, and Klay not him.
Same here. He needs to tone it down. Being loud and annoying don't mean you're speaking the truth.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
Manutd19:

They aren't, especially Draymond.

Draymond is overrated. He thinks he's an all-star for real.
They better not lose KD cos they will not be relevant anymore excelt they get an AD, Kawhi to replace KD
The next two summers would be very interesting. Klay Thompson is due an extension and word on the street is he won't be giving any discounts

Draymond is due in 2020 and would be eligible for a super-max if he makes the All NBA team or wins DPOY. Though based on his play so far it doesn't look like he's a threat to crack either list, still he's always said he took less so they could get KD on board.

After 4 or 5 rings you get the feeling a guy like Draymond would want to secure the bag plus would the Warriors be willing to pay Draymond such a contract till he is 35 is another question
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
A40:
He's a free agent so he can't be moved till Mid-December
Ok..i see..Thanks
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
A40:
@Roland17
Your Packers should kiss the playoffs goodbye at this point. And while I still think Aaron Rodgers is a bit overrated this una coach no be am

When he decided to punt rather than go for the 4th and 2, I gave up on McCarthy. I would have no problems with him getting fired. I already said we were done for the season after the loss to the Patriots.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Roland17:

When he decided to punt rather than go for the 4th and 2, I gave up on McCarthy. I would have no problems with him getting fired. I already said we were done for the season after the loss to the Patriots.
I'd be really pissed if I was Rodgers and would seriously consider lobbying for his sack. I don't like coaches that don't trust in their star players
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
A40:
I'd be really pissed if I was Rodgers and would seriously consider lobbying for his sack. I don't like coaches that don't trust in their star players

The relationship between Rodgers and McCarthy is already strained. They have been passively aggressive towards each other’s role in our current situation and I mean from last season. It’s time for Brian Gutekunst to make his first major decision. We have not drafted well over the last 3 NFL drafts because we have wasted our 1st round picks on the corner and safety positions for 3 consecutive seasons.
The Packers need a reset button and that means McCarthy needs to go. He should have been gone after last season but we sacrificed Dom Capers and rightfully so because the defense was altrocious last season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
A40:
The next two summers would be very interesting. Klay Thompson is due an extension and word on the street is he won't be giving any discounts

Draymond is due in 2020 and would be eligible for a super-max if he makes the All NBA team or wins DPOY. Though based on his play so far it doesn't look like he's a threat to crack either list, still he's always said he took less so they could get KD on board.

After 4 or 5 rings you get the feeling a guy like Draymond would want to secure the bag plus would the Warriors be willing to pay Draymond such a contract till he is 35 is another question

Warriors would be stupid to give him max.
Guy has average offense.
Draymond is a $10m a year player at best if not for the money craze in d leaugue now.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:41am On Nov 17, 2018
This game is proper flames. Kawhi and Kyrie are in BeastMode
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52am On Nov 17, 2018
A very important win for us. Quite physical and I am happy we matched the intensity especially on the board. Kyrie was spectacular and I was happy to see Hayward play the final minutes because he earned it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:00am On Nov 17, 2018
Uncle Drew!! This is the guy Boston lacked in the playoffs last season. An unguardable closer.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:03am On Nov 17, 2018
Noticed too that Kyrie really showed his passing abilities tonight. I lost count of how many open looks he kept creating that his mates just kept bricking in the first half especially
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:06am On Nov 17, 2018
Manutd19:

Warriors would be stupid to give him max.
Guy has average offense.
Draymond is a $10m a year player at best if not for the money craze in d leaugue now.
I wholly agree the Warriors would be dumb to give Draymond any type of Max especially as he is showing he cannot function sans Steph offensively. He's an important piece to what they do defensively but paying Green max up till his age 34/35 season would put the Warriors in a tight corner for a long time
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:09am On Nov 17, 2018
A40:
Noticed too that Kyrie really showed his passing abilities tonight. I lost count of how many open looks he kept creating that his mates just kept bricking in the first half especially

Since him cut that Afro wen dey block him sight, he has been playing terrific basketball. He is the leader of this group and tonight he proved it. This is going to be a very tough series if both teams meet in the post season. Kawhi is so intelligent, he finds his way to his favorite spots which are high percentage shots.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:12am On Nov 17, 2018
Roland17:

The relationship between Rodgers and McCarthy is already strained. They have been passively aggressive towards each other’s role in our current situation and I mean from last season. It’s time for Brian Gutekunst to make his first major decision. We have not drafted well over the last 3 NFL drafts because we have wasted our 1st round picks on the corner and safety positions for 3 consecutive seasons.
The Packers need a reset button and that means McCarthy needs to go. He should have been gone after last season but we sacrificed Dom Capers and rightfully so because the defense was altrocious last season.
He's supposed to be an offensive coordinator so I'm a bit surprised at his highly risk averse style. It took him more than half the season to discover his best Running Back as well

Lool you guys passed on TJ Watt despite the fact that he played right under your nose in WI. Clay Matthews is aging and would have been a future replacement.

Definitely McCarthy has to go at this point. This offense is too stagnant to compete with the likes of the Rams, Saints and other NFC heavyweights
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:55am On Nov 18, 2018
If the Mavericks have sense they better ditch DeAndre Jordan this summer and get Nikola Vucevic
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:04am On Nov 18, 2018
Kemba Walker going at this Philly team all by himself. Mad Ting
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:39am On Nov 18, 2018
KEMBA WALKER!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:58am On Nov 18, 2018
I guess that's why they got Jimmy Butler then. Another game of the season candidate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.