Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628130 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nostradamus:
Boston,oklahoma.both teams blew up my ticket,chai e pain me.i don dey dream bout the winnings cry cry

Just save your money and don't bet on any team in the present NBA. You even get luck say this season you still fit predict, last season was weird at this stage. At least you should pick some games that you are 90% sure for a win, not a game like OKC/Kings (Kings dey mad form and Fox's balling out of his mind), same with Pacers & Hornets and Memphis... I knew they would win yesterday
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
this gordon hayward matter is starting to look like villagers from utah want their son back.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2018
birdman:
this gordon hayward matter is starting to look like villagers from utah want their son back.

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2018
birdman:

I no just understand shocked

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:12am On Nov 21, 2018
Manutd19:

Is Kerr not overrated?
Depends on how you look at it. He formed the identity of the present day Warriors but you could argue the talent was already there. Personally I don't think he is but I wouldn't put him up there with say a Greg Pop or Phil Jackson.

What I would like to see is how he fares when faced with adversity over an extended period. I think this is where I can understand if you think he is overrated since he has not faced such test thus far.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:47am On Nov 22, 2018
A40:
Depends on how you look at it. He formed the identity of the present day Warriors but you could argue the talent was already there. Personally I don't think he is but I wouldn't put him up there with say a Greg Pop or Phil Jackson.

What I would like to see is how he fares when faced with adversity over an extended period. I think this is where I can understand if you think he is overrated since he has not faced such test thus far.
That's what i was trying to explain to Eruditor....For e.g Durant and Curry or maybe just Curry(cause you could argue the West is tougher than the East) gets injured till the season is over,will Kerr be able to spring up a good surprise temporary replacement to be able to take them through the playoffs and possibly NBA finals??Just as we saw what Brad did with Marcus Morris,Rozier and Brown when Hayward and later Kyrie got injured till the season was over...Who expected a Rozier to show up like that in the playoffs?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:54am On Nov 22, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Just save your money and don't bet on any team in the present NBA. You even get luck say this season you still fit predict, last season was weird at this stage. At least you should pick some games that you are 90% sure for a win, not a game like OKC/Kings (Kings dey mad form and Fox's balling out of his mind), same with Pacers & Hornets and Memphis... I knew they would win yesterday
Pls predict OKC vs GSW, i one go sleep grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:35am On Nov 22, 2018
The performance of the Celtics is definitely worrisome. We have to figure out our offense, it is way to stagnant.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:51am On Nov 22, 2018
aliondo:

That's what i was trying to explain to Eruditor....For e.g Durant and Curry or maybe just Curry(cause you could argue the West is tougher than the East) gets injured till the season is over,will Kerr be able to spring up a good surprise temporary replacement to be able to take them through the playoffs and possibly NBA finals??Just as we saw what Brad did with Marcus Morris,Rozier and Brown when Hayward and later Kyrie got injured till the season was over...Who expected a Rozier to show up like that in the playoffs?

I have nothing against Brad Stevens but if you keep using him to rate Steve Kerr I would have to scrutinise him to the same standard.

Do you realize how many top 10 draft picks Celts have? Where is their 67 win first season and ring to go with it? Do you realize they have a better bench than GSW? I don't understand this double standard where Steve is involved.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:55am On Nov 22, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Lol this is even worse than last season. Imagine the Celtics losing to the Knicks. Cavs barely won! Some days you just got to sit the punting out.

Another option is to look for player prop bets. Those ones are more value for money than carrying the usual win/lose markets
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:04am On Nov 22, 2018
aliondo:

This season should give a clearer picture. Though I believe teams would legit go out and throw their best at Golden State just because it's Golden State. I still don't know if he would be able to cope without his main guys for a sizeable period of time. He's not really had to deal with adversity or coaching sides with declining and flat out old and past their prime players like Pop was doing with Ginobili, Duncan etc. Also his adjustments in the heat of the playoffs always makes me look at him with side eye

I wouldn't say he is overrated as much as I wouldn't say a Bill Walsh is overrated because forging out a style everyone wants to copy is not easy but if you believe he is overrated based on what he's had to work with so far, it's perfectly understandable

Remember overrated does not mean bad, it simply means not as good as advertised

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:14am On Nov 22, 2018
Why are the Spurs and Celtics just falling my hand endlessly?

DeRozan really balling but this his refusal to master the 3-ball is really limiting his ceiling. How can you in the last 8 games attempt just 10 3's and miss them all?
Re: The NBA Begins by zopaks: 6:29am On Nov 22, 2018
Like seriously... He didn't even play the last quarter...
Against the best in the West? 43 deficit shocked

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:42am On Nov 22, 2018
That looked nasty. Man!!! My thoughts are with Diallo.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:47am On Nov 22, 2018
Durant passing is very atrocious. How many turnovers does he her per game trying to pass the ball?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:25am On Nov 22, 2018
Eruditor:

I have nothing against Brad Stevens but if you keep using him to rate Steve Kerr I would have to scrutinise him to the same standard.

Do you realize how many top 10 draft picks Celts have? Where is their 67 win first season and ring to go with it? Do you realize they have a better bench than GSW? I don't understand this double standard where Steve is involved.
I keep bringing in Brad because for me,he is the closest in comparison with Kerr.I dont know whether you watch football(i.e soccer) but its like when you want to compare Pep with another coach in the EPL,the closest you can compare him with is Mourinho cos arguably,both are the best coaches in the EPL.

Now,Kerr might be better than Brad,no doubt. Afterall,he's got 3 rings as a coach and Brad is yet to win. The argument is this,what if (for e.g) Curry gets injured and does not feature this season again and even the playoffs,will the GSW still make a strong force like the previous seasons.
I used Brad cos he is the closest we have seen i.e when Kyrie got injured. Some could argue that if Kyrie was available and Hayward was still at its best,they could have beaten the Lebron led Cavs. Infact that was the match up,everyone was waiting to see and if they got past the Eastern finals,nobody knows what could have happened in the NBA finals.

The summary is this,Is it the all stars in the team that make Kerr a good coach?How will he perform if he does not have one of these all stars available(particularly Curry)??Just like what happened when Ty Lue was Cavs coach and almost everybody said it was Lebron that ran the show at Cavs. I feel thats why many are making the argument that he is overrated but to me he is not tho.

I just hope you get my point.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:28am On Nov 22, 2018
Nice game boys..Schroeder really showed up tonight. I can now see what A40 meant when he said we got a good deal with Schroeder coming in.

All the same ,i know say na because Curry no dey cos that guy get our Antidote. grin grin cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:01am On Nov 22, 2018
aliondo:

I keep bringing in Brad because for me,he is the closest in comparison with Kerr.I dont know whether you watch football(i.e soccer) but its like when you want to compare Pep with another coach in the EPL,the closest you can compare him with is Mourinho cos arguably,both are the best coaches in the EPL.

Now,Kerr might be better than Brad,no doubt. Afterall,he's got 3 rings as a coach and Brad is yet to win. The argument is this,what if (for e.g) Curry gets injured and does not feature this season again and even the playoffs,will the GSW still make a strong force like the previous seasons.
I used Brad cos he is the closest we have seen i.e when Kyrie got injured. Some could argue that if Kyrie was available and Hayward was still at its best,they could have beaten the Lebron led Cavs. Infact that was the match up,everyone was waiting to see and if they got past the Eastern finals,nobody knows what could have happened in the NBA finals.

The summary is this,Is it the all stars in the team that make Kerr a good coach?How will he perform if he does not have one of these all stars available(particularly Curry)??Just like what happened when Ty Lue was Cavs coach and almost everybody said it was Lebron that ran the show at Cavs. I feel thats why many are making the argument that he is overrated but to me he is not tho.

I just hope you get my point.

Only a few ill-informed people are making statements against Kerr. Far be it from me to claim he is perfect - nobody is, but Kerr is a top 2 coach in this present NBA easily. I don't want to talk too much. Kyrie can ball stewpid but he is not showing us something we have never seen before. So even though it took Brad's brilliance to navigate his young team to the ECF without him, Kyrie's impact did not directly change the way Celts would have played regardless.

Coming to GSW, can't you see how hopeless we look without him? Even if Curry is having a bad game, opposition defenders still double him so when he is present he frees up the less tackled players to still have meaningful impact. Nobody doubles Cook and when Klay is missing shots he usually makes, the defence will collapse in side and make driving to the paint really hard. Add to that, KD is not making any 3pt shots this season. Why is that key? Players can close up on him and fight for a steal or foul him to make FTs. Such things frustrate the ball movement etc that makes us, us.

But we leave all these things and blame Kerr. Then when said players are hitting their shots and we are winning, we still give the credit to the players and nothing to Kerr. That is what I don't understand. So is Bucks coach average simply because he has Giannis? Did Jason Kidd not have Giannis why was he not blowing teams out?

Pop this..Phil that..when their best players were out what did they win? Di Antoni lost when Nash got injured. Rockets lost when Harden went out. I said usually good coaches and good players coexist. Ty Lue was not wack and I also said it here. He was just not as great a coach as Lebron was a player. How do we know? Because we already saw Lebron way before we saw Lue coach. The same cannot be said about Curry and co. Kerr took every single player he met at GSW to a new level including KD. But we are paying a price for our roster. We have great starters and a wack bench. We cannot score for shit. We cannot shoot and we do not spread the floor. Then add that KD and Klay have been shooting rubbish and there is no surprise that we are haemorrhaging bad.

IT IS NOT STEVE KERR'S FAULT. I criticise Steve when I feel he is wrong but not now. Shebi Lebron has come out to say that Dwayne Casey was the one who devised the scheme that frustrated him in 2010 finals against Cavs and not Carlisle. So why is Carlisle a good coach? After all, he has won nothing when his best players were not at their prime and same goes for every other lauded coach.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2018
I don't see a reason for the argument on who's the better coach. Go back to last season when Steph didn't play the beginning of the playoffs. They beat Pop led spurs 4 1 and were leading the Pelicans before Steph came back from injury.

Kerr created a system around a player such that if the player doesn't play, his absence is felt.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2018
Hardetayour:
Durant passing is very atrocious. How many turnovers does he her per game trying to pass the ball?

I hate seeing him dominate the play as it is not his strength. I stopped watching the game at 60-46. We would use these losses to be serious when Curry comes back. Meanwhile, KD and Klay need to get their shots together. They are just shooting garbage.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:05am On Nov 22, 2018
Hardetayour:
I don't see a reason for the argument on who's the better coach. Go back to last season when Steph didn't play the beginning of the playoffs. They beat Pop led spurs 4 1 and were leading the Pelicans before Steph came back from injury.

Kerr created a system around a player such that if the player doesn't play, his absence is felt.

Exactly. I don't know why people don't see it. If you have the best shooter the world has ever seen, is it rocket science to say your team will look different when he is not playing?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:11am On Nov 22, 2018
When Mark Jackson was our coach, Curry was just playing ISO after ISO. We had a stinking offence even though we all knew he could shoot. He would score buckets and we would lose. Kerr changed that and turned that special shooting from Curry into a winning team. Even when KD came, Kerr still said Curry was a major determinant of the way we played.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2018
A40:

Well said. Another loss though
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Eruditor:

I hate seeing him dominate the play as it is not his strength. I stopped watching the game at 60-46. We would use these losses to be serious when Curry comes back. Meanwhile, KD and Klay need to get their shots together. They are just shooting garbage.
There is no doubt if Curry comes back,GSW will get back to winning ways. He is the most valuable player in the team though some people will still argue..
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2018
A40:
This season should give a clearer picture. Though I believe teams would legit go out and throw their best at Golden State just because it's Golden State. I still don't know if he would be able to cope without his main guys for a sizeable period of time. He's not really had to deal with adversity or coaching sides with declining and flat out old and past their prime players like Pop was doing with Ginobili, Duncan etc. Also his adjustments in the heat of the playoffs always makes me look at him with side eye

I wouldn't say he is overrated as much as I wouldn't say a Bill Walsh is overrated because forging out a style everyone wants to copy is not easy but if you believe he is overrated based on what he's had to work with so far, it's perfectly understandable

Remember overrated does not mean bad, it simply means not as good as advertised

Eruditor will still say he isn't. Every man to his own opinion though.
Kerr isn't as good as advertised imo.
Yes, he changed the style of play when he got there and was blessed with players that fits perfectly.
However, dude is yet to do any special thing apart from that and always get away with criticism.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:29am On Nov 22, 2018
aliondo:

There is no doubt if Curry comes back,GSW will get back to winning ways. He is the most valuable player in the team though some people will still argue..

Lol......
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2018
Manutd19:

Yes, he changed the style of play when he got there and was blessed with players that fits perfectly.
However, dude is yet to do any special thing apart from that and always get away with criticism.
I think the playoffs would be the ultimate judge but for now Steve has to just coach. Steph or no Steph a lot of teams are scrapping in the league without a recognizable All-Star never mind two. I doubt the rest of the league is sympathetic towards their plight right now. The lack of effort in the games against quality opposition (Rockets, OKC) is alarming
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2018
A lot of guys would get missing in this season's all star roster especially in the west. the west b real stacked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
Eruditor:

Klay seems to have lost something cos I don't understand what's happening with him. It was looking like he was back after the Bulls game but I was wrong.

Durant handling the ball is an eye sore. Quin Cooks refusal to shoot sometimes until garbage time is annoying too.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
Please read carefully and completely.

Firstly, let me state that it is unnecessary to knock down other coaches because there is an argument against Kerr. People forget that everything Kerr learned as a coach was because he played under Phil Jackson (Bulls) and Greg Popovic (Spurs). Kerr took these playing lessons to the NBA as a coach, tweaked, revised, adjusted and created his system. Let me remind people that he was never an assistant, neither was he around the court after he retired. He was an NBA analyst and before that, he had a management stint with the Sixers, I think. All he knew was from both coaches who I still regard as the greatest minds (alongside Chuk Daly and Jerry Sloan).

Now that I have that out of the way, It would be definitely unfair to argue that Kerr is an overrated coach, however, I will entertain the argument that he is not a great tactician/ strategist. I am not sure a lot of us understand how difficult it is to coach this team and that is where Kerr does not get a lot of credit. In comparison to Jackson, Kerr's style of leadership defers accountability to the players and the players make important decisions regarding themselves. Case in point, sources have it that the players made the decision to suspend Green without pay, not Kerr. The Warriors team was built to succeed with numbers, basically, numbers in strength and this is how Kerr has coached this team since he took over. Last season when KD went down, they struggled and when the postseason came, you could see the difference when the team was healthy. Individually the Warriors struggle but as a team, they are potent. You listen to what KD said after last night's game, "if you take a piece out of this team, we struggle".

My argument is different because Kerr is a rigid coach who plays without alternatives. He sticks to his original strategy, I am not sure if it is because he is stubborn or because he is scared of altering what has made the team successful. There have been games, particularly during the postseason when you expect adjustments because the issues are glaring but you still see the same strategy and sometimes the team loses (the famous choke finals series) and other times, the individual talent of the players pulls them through. There is also the angle that lesser unknown and unsuccessful assistants achieved great results when Kerr was away, albeit under his established system. Walton rode that luck and system into a head coaching position with the Lakers and truth be told, it is only a matter of time and not when before Walton is gone if the Lakers have championship ambitions. But again, while Walton and Brown may have used Kerr's system, there were moments during that run when Walton had to coach during timeouts and this did not require Kerr's input because timeout situations are different. Throughout Kerr's reign, he has not had to deal with the ego of the players spilling into bad blood between players. The Green v KD is my litmus test on how he handles this new situation because the players know there is an elephant in the room that may not be addressed until after the season.

The Warriors team was a great defensive unit before Kerr arrived but Kerr opened up the offense and exploited the already great defense with his philosophy of ball movement, rather than ISO basketball with Monta. I think the biggest piece is how ownership built this team when they chose to move away from Ellington and got Bogut from the Bucks. Bogut changed everything for that team going forward even though he did not stay healthy. Kerr has coached and succeeded with the Warriors for the most part while coaching his core, this is the first run he would be without his core and they are struggling and that is where I have my question about his rating as an all time.

Like @ A40 said, being considered or an argument about being 'overrated" does not mean you are not a good coach, it only means people want to see more in different scenarios to make a better argument for your case. Erik Spoelstra and Rick Carlisle are 2 coaches I respect because they are great tactical minds. Everyone was convinced the Heats would struggle after the Big 3 left but Spoelstra has found a way to keep that team competitive, in fact, he got the heat to the 3rd seed after Bron left and that is the biggest difference between him and Ty Lue who was a product of Lebron's greatness. Carlisle took a lesser talented Mavs side with a sick superstar to the finals and beat Bron and his assembly. I think it would be interesting to see how he coaches the Warriors after some of the core leave or slow down because of age. Last season, I was very clear that the Warriors have to manage Curry carefully after he turned 30 because he is the sticking point for this team.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
Manutd19:

I largely do not take your arguments seriously because you only show up when GSW lose. Rockets, Cavs, Pelicans have disappointed your predictions in the past and I am here to announce they will still disappoint you again.

Someone is yet to do anything special except win 67 games and a ring his first season with a team nobody predicted will be top 3 in the west. Then went on to win 73-9 with a team nobody will say was better than Jordan's. LOL.

But Phil Jackson is rated well after failing woefully with teams that did not have the best players in the league. I hear you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
Roland17:
Please read carefully and completely.

Firstly, let me state that it is unnecessary to knock down other coaches because there is an argument against Kerr. People forget that everything Kerr learned as a coach was because he played under Phil Jackson (Bulls) and Greg Popovic (Spurs). Kerr took these playing lessons to the NBA as a coach, tweaked, revised, adjusted and created his system. Let me remind people that he was never an assistant, neither was he around the court after he retired. He was an NBA analyst and before that, he had a management stint with the Sixers, I think. All he knew was from both coaches who I still regard as the greatest minds (alongside Chuk Daly and Jerry Sloan).

Now that I have that out of the way, It would be definitely unfair to argue that Kerr is an overrated coach, however, I will entertain the argument that he is not a great tactician/ strategist. I am not sure a lot of us understand how difficult it is to coach this team and that is where Kerr does not get a lot of credit. In comparison to Jackson, Kerr's style of leadership defers accountability to the players and the players make important decisions regarding themselves. Case in point, sources have it that the players made the decision to suspend Green without pay, not Kerr. The Warriors team was built to succeed with numbers, basically, numbers in strength and this is how Kerr has coached this team since he took over. Last season when KD went down, they struggled and when the postseason came, you could see the difference when the team was healthy. Individually the Warriors struggle but as a team, they are potent. You listen to what KD said after last night's game, "if you take a piece out of this team, we struggle".

My argument is different because Kerr is a rigid coach who plays without alternatives. He sticks to his original strategy, I am not sure if it is because he is stubborn or because he is scared of altering what has made the team successful. There have been games, particularly during the postseason when you expect adjustments because the issues are glaring but you still see the same strategy and sometimes the team loses (the famous choke finals series) and other times, the individual talent of the players pulls them through. There is also the angle that lesser unknown and unsuccessful assistants achieved great results when Kerr was away, albeit under his established system. Walton rode that luck and system into a head coaching position with the Lakers and truth be told, it is only a matter of time and not when before Walton is gone if the Lakers have championship ambitions. But again, while Walton and Brown may have used Kerr's system, there were moments during that run when Walton had to coach during timeouts and this did not require Kerr's input because timeout situations are different. Throughout Kerr's reign, he has not had to deal with the ego of the players spilling into bad blood between players. The Green v KD is my litmus test on how he handles this new situation because the players know there is an elephant in the room that may not be addressed until after the season.

The Warriors team was a great defensive unit before Kerr arrived but Kerr opened up the offense and exploited the already great defense with his philosophy of ball movement, rather than ISO basketball with Monta. I think the biggest piece is how ownership built this team when they chose to move away from Ellington and got Bogut from the Bucks. Bogut changed everything for that team going forward even though he did not stay healthy. Kerr has coached and succeeded with the Warriors for the most part while coaching his core, this is the first run he would be without his core and they are struggling and that is where I have my question about his rating as an all time.

Like @ A40 said, being considered or an argument about being 'overrated" does not mean you are not a good coach, it only means people want to see more in different scenarios to make a better argument for your case. Erik Spoelstra and Rick Carlisle are 2 coaches I respect because they are great tactical minds. Everyone was convinced the Heats would struggle after the Big 3 left but Spoelstra has found a way to keep that team competitive, in fact, he got the heat to the 3rd seed after Bron left and that is the biggest difference between him and Ty Lue who was a product of Lebron's greatness. Carlisle took a lesser talented Mavs side with a sick superstar to the finals and beat Bron and his assembly. I think it would be interesting to see how he coaches the Warriors after some of the core leave or slow down because of age. Last season, I was very clear that the Warriors have to manage Curry carefully after he turned 30 because he is the sticking point for this team.

It is common sense to rate people's standards across board when making an argument. So if I say certain things about Brad or Pop it is not because I think they are not great coaches. I am on record here saying jealousy was the reason Brad was largely ignored in the voting of coach of the year. I do believe he has potentials to get to the top but he must pass through the rank and file.

You make mention of Rick and Eric but they have won nothing without top players and by the standards they set when they had great players, they have failed. Yet nobody criticises them. Dwayne Casey worked with Rick and Lebron gave him the credit for the defensive scheme when Heats played the Mavs. So apart from that ring that Rick won, what else has he achieved? Larry Brown outdid him in Detroit as well, so when exactly did the Mavs achieve anything beyond their roster that we can single-handedly attribute to Rick? These are the same standards Kerr is held to so I have to spread the love.

I have been hearing about Luke and Brown and what they did when Kerr was out. Ok. Fine. Now that we are in a slump, why won't (at least Brown) tell Kerr what to do since he is overrated and anybody can do anything with GSW players?

Pop..Pop..Pop..he has been swept by Memphis in the past. Won nothing without Tim Duncan and were whooping boys last year when Kawhi refused to play for them. I know he is the top coach today but how clueless did SAS look despite having the same roster of 61 wins devoid of Kawhi? Where is the criticism of him?

I do agree with your position on Kerr being rigid and myself and SmooshCHN have criticised him for this many times even on this thread. But the same argument can be made about every single coach today. Which is why I do not understand where overrated talk comes from. I know not from you but I am speaking to the larger audience here.

What I will say is, some coaches handle lesser talents better and some others are better with top talents. We have seen top coaches lose with their starters and win with their bench. We have also seen those who struggled with unknowns and were untouchable with their starters. Let us also not forget that GSW lost heavily to OKC with Curry and everyone else playing at Oracle last season and still beat same OKC when Curry was out. Let us recall we have lost to Rockets, Spurs, Dallas, Jazz, Denver with Curry starting.

People just want to talk because freedom of speech is entertained. If we win, the players won. If we lose, Kerr lost. No middle ground. And talking about crisis, we actually went 4-7 in the first 11 games after KD went out to Gortat's knee against Wizards and then went 18-0 enroute to winning 67 games. The same Kerr bla bla was started then, someone even said Wall was better than Curry that time.

GSW is going through the motions. Green was out. Curry out. Klay and KD not shooting well. How do you coach your team out of that? When Kyrie was not shooting well, what strategy was devised to help him? Hair cut? People should be reasonable abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.