Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1051) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627639 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:29am On Dec 03, 2018
6'3" Dennis Smith just blocked 6'9" Tobias Harris on a jump hook

You don't make this filth up

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:40am On Dec 03, 2018
So Patrick Beverly knocked DSJ tooth out. At what point do we say, that’s a dirty player?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:36am On Dec 03, 2018
donlittle25:
My Guy I see am o. The composure. I can’t wait for the next two or three years.

What do you think is his ceiling from what you have seen so far?

I believe his upside offensively is tremendous and that would only improve. I don’t see a serious dip on the offensive front, if anything, I think he would learn to navigate and find his mid range scoring.

The problem is on defense. I am worried he does not have the physicality, lateral movement or pace to compete defensively and that is where opposing teams would force the Mavs to make decisions next season as some are already doing that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:36am On Dec 03, 2018
donlittle25:
So Patrick Beverly knocked DSJ tooth out. At what point do we say, that’s a dirty player?

Pato na agbero oh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
Roland17:
Thank you for the Super Bowl and the memories but I can't say I did not see it coming.

The road to next season can now start.
Lol when are Packers fans going to admit that a lot of this also lies on Aaron Rodgers and not just the coach. His stats look impressive to the untrained eye but if you watch the Packers well you would know they don't tell the whole story
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
A40:
Lol when are Packers fans going to admit that a lot of this also lies on Aaron Rodgers and not just the coach. His stats look impressive to the untrained eye but if you watch the Packers well you would know they don't tell the whole story

Baba, forget that thing. We are 2 years late in firing McCarthy and some executives need to go especially those involved with drafting because we have been horrible at drafting over the last 2 years. We have wasted first round picks on corners and safety that have not improved our secondary defense and then you end up trading some of the picks from last season. If you release J. Nelson because he can't stay healthy then you have to do the same with Randall Cobb because myself and him have played almost the same amount of games this season, not forgetting last season.

No matter how anyone spins it, Rodgers is not just any kind of QB. He is not your average Joe and while he has regressed since last season, I believe he gave up on McCarthy and needed McCarthy out and rightfully so. Despite the injuries you can not question his talent and abilities on the field. Look at the weapons Brady, Brees and Roth have every season and compare to what Rodgers has. There is absolutely nothing for the man to play with, if anything he makes average guys look great. D. Adams is the only reliable receiver in that team and he is a product of Rodgers. McCarthy's play calling is horrible, it is too hesitant for an offensive team like GB. Back to back seasons of missing the post season is not acceptable.

I am so unhappy at how low we have gotten.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2018
Wait, Clippers won again. Maybe they really mean business
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 7:19am On Dec 04, 2018
Denver nuggets whooped the raptors!!!those colorado rascals had my ticket blown.am loosing too much to kunle soname,need to restrategise on my punting game
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2018
Nostradamus:
Denver nuggets whooped the raptors!!!those colorado rascals had my ticket blown.am loosing too much to kunle soname,need to restrategise on my punting game
But you are Nostradamus?? wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 10:47am On Dec 04, 2018
aliondo:

But you are Nostradamus?? wink
lol...
Bros which team do you think will win in a match-up between indiana pacers and chicago bull?

Indiana pacers will not field victor oladipo(he's injured)
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2018
Nostradamus:
lol...
Bros which team do you think will win in a match-up between indiana pacers and chicago bull?

Indiana pacers will not field victor oladipo(he's injured)
Difficult to predict without him but i will pick the Pacers..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2018
Markelle Fultz finally diagnosed with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Finally we have some clarity. Changing his shot only complicated the situation. I hope the 76ers are not so eager on trading him. Poor boy needs help.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Miami heat f.u.cke.d me up big time!!!why should they fall to orlando magic?i staked #7,000 on pacers vs bulls,heat vs magic and sac vs suns(just 3 games)i was expecting bountiful harvest.Alas,na miami heat spoil the show.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Markelle Fultz finally diagnosed with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Finally we have some clarity. Changing his shot only complicated the situation. I hope the 76ers are not so eager on trading him. Poor boy needs help.
Are you a sixers fan?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2018
Nostradamus:
Are you a sixers fan?
No, I'm not.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Goddamn Danny Ainge. This guy is like Neo from Matrix.

Tough luck for Markelle Fultz. One has to wonder where it goes from here because he might go down as the second biggest bust in League history after Michael Bennett but hopefully he recovers
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2018
Roland17:

Baba, forget that thing. We are 2 years late in firing McCarthy and some executives need to go especially those involved with drafting because we have been horrible at drafting over the last 2 years. We have wasted first round picks on corners and safety that have not improved our secondary defense and then you end up trading some of the picks from last season. If you release J. Nelson because he can't stay healthy then you have to do the same with Randall Cobb because myself and him have played almost the same amount of games this season, not forgetting last season.

No matter how anyone spins it, Rodgers is not just any kind of QB. He is not your average Joe and while he has regressed since last season, I believe he gave up on McCarthy and needed McCarthy out and rightfully so. Despite the injuries you can not question his talent and abilities on the field. Look at the weapons Brady, Brees and Roth have every season and compare to what Rodgers has. There is absolutely nothing for the man to play with, if anything he makes average guys look great. D. Adams is the only reliable receiver in that team and he is a product of Rodgers. McCarthy's play calling is horrible, it is too hesitant for an offensive team like GB. Back to back seasons of missing the post season is not acceptable.

I am so unhappy at how low we have gotten.

Lol 2 years late? Haba! Two years ago the Packers were in the NFC Title game. No shame in losing to MVP Matt Ryan who was on some other shyte that year. I'm happy that you admitted that the front office has also been part of the problem

My thing is the fact that you Packers fans keep making excuse after excuse for Aaron Rodgers's bad play. And if he were purposely tanking just to get the coach who eventually made him a starter over legendary Brett Favre then it says a lot about his personality. Even Brees did not have weapons for a long time till last season when he got Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara

Brady doesn't really have weapons. Most of his receivers are rejects from other teams (Josh Gordon, Chris Hogan, Cordarelle Peterson) these were all guys roundly rejected and rehabbed in New England.

No one seems to be holding Rodgers accountable for his poor play and it's like people think firing coaches is some kind of silver bullet. You're a Blackhawks fan, shey you can see things have gotten even worse since Coach Q got fired
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 2:31am On Dec 06, 2018
Nostradamus:
Miami heat f.u.cke.d me up big time!!!why should they fall to orlando magic?i staked #7,000 on pacers vs bulls,heat vs magic and sac vs suns(just 3 games)i was expecting bountiful harvest.Alas,na miami heat spoil the show.

Na this season you take that kind risk? Heat to beat Magic, that can't work through this season, if it does then na luck. Magic any day anytime this season and that's because Magic has been playing good and Vucs dey rep, then A.Gordon too?. With how this season dey go, I'll pick Magic anytime, at least you for use their positions for standings pick your fav grin grin.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:11am On Dec 06, 2018
Kawhi is playing on another level. Mans massive on offense while playing his normal good D. He's improved on his offensive since joining the Raptors. Raptors looks scary. Meanwhile, wetin PG13 chop today grin grin!
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:19am On Dec 06, 2018
Embiid being humbled here.. Rare
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:22am On Dec 06, 2018
I've seen enough abeg... Kawhi/Giannis for MVP!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:24am On Dec 06, 2018
Every time I watch Kawhi, it seems like his claws has grown bigger than the last time I watched him.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:27am On Dec 06, 2018
No disrespect to Pop, but this is the same Kawhi he had at Spurs, same Kawhi. I don begin reason with Eruditor now
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:34am On Dec 06, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:
No disrespect to Pop, but this is the same Kawhi he had at Spurs, same Kawhi. I don begin reason with Eruditor now
Pop and Kawhi achieved a lot together when Kawhi was healthy and his heart was still with the team. The tide changed after both fell apart and there is absolutely nothing you can do when modern NBA superstars want out.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:41am On Dec 06, 2018
Roland17:

Pop and Kawhi achieved a lot together when Kawhi was healthy and his heart was still with the team. The tide changed after both fell apart and there is absolutely nothing you can do when modern NBA superstars want out.

Your right sha.. But this commentator just said Embiid and Siakem started playing Basketball at 17.. If that is true, I really respect them, especially Embiid. But there's so many Embiid's and Siakem's playing for fun in Africa.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Anopheles: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Don't disrespect Curry

Kawhi
Curry

Giannis in that order
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:27am On Dec 06, 2018
Anopheles:

Don't disrespect Curry

Kawhi
Curry

Giannis in that order
Curry's injuries might hamper his MVP chances... sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 06, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:
if the raptors finish first in their conference which is very likely, Kawhi is bagging d MVP. Giannis has no chance as of now
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 06, 2018
Anopheles:

Don't disrespect Curry

Kawhi
Curry

Giannis in that order
curry? Nah LeBron is even way higher Dan curry. D league won't hand d MVP over to someone playing with 4 other all stars.he only leads the league in 3 points made nothing more. Whereas LeBron is averaging a higher PPg and apg with a team that didn't make d playoffs in d last 3 years. Cmon man.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2018
rotimi9:
curry? Nah LeBron is even way higher Dan curry. D league won't hand d MVP over to someone playing with 4 other all stars.he only leads the league in 3 points made nothing more. Whereas LeBron is averaging a higher PPg and apg with a team that didn't make d playoffs in d last 3 years. Cmon man.

You say?

Kawhi/Curry
Giannis
LeBron
Durant

Not even an argument

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 06, 2018
Decale:

You say?

Kawhi/Curry
Giannis
LeBron

Not even an argument
made an error there.. But yet it still doesn't change d fact dat in d league as of today LeBron has higher chances of bagging d MVP dan any other player (especially someone playing with 4 other all stars)apart from Kawhi(reason being he has d better team record)

Look at d history books,no MVP has come from a team below 3rd seed except Westbrook ,who won dat year bcus he averaged a triple double which had never been done since Oscar robertson.
LeBron Dis year is averaging monstrous numbers in a team with no current all star,he leads d Lakers team in points made assists, boards, he's basically carrying d Lakers team which is very obvious. The only fault in his resume is his team record which places Kawhi(who has lesser numbers) over him. For now LeBron has better chances Dan curry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:53am On Dec 06, 2018
rotimi9:
made an error there.. But yet it still doesn't change d fact dat in d league as of today LeBron has higher chances of bagging d MVP dan any other player (especially someone playing with 4 other all stars)apart from Kawhi(reason being he has d better team record)

Look at d history books,no MVP has come from a team below 3rd seed except Westbrook ,who won dat year bcus he averaged a triple double which had never been done since Oscar robertson.
LeBron Dis year is averaging monstrous numbers in a team with no current all star,he leads d Lakers team in points made assists, boards, he's basically carrying d Lakers team which is very obvious. The only fault in his resume is his team record which places Kawhi(who has lesser numbers) over him. For now LeBron has better chances Dan curry

You just supported my opinion there. What's making LeBron unique to join Brodie? Nothing

Now look at Curry:

He's averaging less minutes than Bron with more points.
He's making 5 3s a game at over 50% . Yes!!! 50%
He has a +/- of 10.3. Yes!!!! 10.3 Bron barely has 2
He has an offensive rating of almost 120 when he's playing. 120 points!!!!

He's the game changer in a team that's struggling with the all stars. His numbers aren't like yesterday or last season's (unlike Bron). These are game changing numbers that you can't help but admire. Someone that ends up with 40s playing only 3 quarters shouldn't be lower than Bron that barely scrapes a win

LeBron is in the conversation but most definitely not "way higher" than Curry.

Thanks!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.