Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628955 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
steady986:

Comot for here jare.
Bro, listen to what everyone is saying on his thread. You're wrong about the warriors and 3pts. This one issa no!!.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2019
aliondo:

Bro,i believe if not for Scott Brooks..Maybe we (OKC) for don get one ring by now...i maybe wrong tho..
I have been complaining about his coaching since the OKC days but this season is just the nadir. If you look at what Spoelstra and Atkinson are doing with the Heat and Nets compared to what Brooks has. It's bleeding obvious
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
steady986:

Attempts is quite different from makes. GS makes more than these teams. When they fail to do so, it's problem for them.

What kind of thinking is this bikonu?

If you miss your shots, you no go lose? grin grin
Ayam not understanding

How can a team rely on 3 ball when there are more teams (7) who shoot more of the 3? Or are they shooting to miss them?

How can a team rely on 3 ball when Bucks and Rockets make more than them? What are those other teams shooting? Free throws behind the arc?

How can a team rely on 3 ball when they have the highest assists on 2 points field goals for the 4th year running as well as 2nd most % in midrange?

How can a team rely on 3 ball when their % of points from behind the arc is less than about 7 teams (33.1%), even less than Atlanta Hawks?

Izzit because of Curry and Klay you're typing this thing? grin
What were you expecting from a team with the greatest shooter in the world and another top 5? Zanku And1? Abegiii...
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2019
Decale:

Ayam not understanding

How can a team rely on 3 ball when there are more teams (7) who shoot more of the 3? Or are they shooting to miss them?

How can a team rely on 3 ball when Bucks and Rockets make more than them? What are those other teams shooting? Free throws behind the arc?

How can a team rely on 3 ball when they have the highest assists on 2 points field goals for the 4th year running as well as 2nd most % in midrange?

How can a team rely on 3 ball when their % of points from behind the arc is less than about 7 teams (33.1%), even less than Atlanta Hawks?

What were you expecting from a team with the greatest shooter in the world and another top 5? Zanku And1? Abegiii...
Somebody that's not sharp. Leave am abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hardetayour:
Somebody that's not sharp. Leave am abeg

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:39am On Mar 25, 2019
Duke got lucky. On another day they would lose this game. But I have to admire their mental strength and tenacity.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:44am On Mar 25, 2019
Roland17:
No be wen Warriors sweep everybody for playoff now people go begin count the number of all stars wen dey the team.

The Warriors have set the bar very high when it comes to assembling, coaching and winning. I never under-rate the Warriors no matter their regular season form and if by a rare chance they falter this post season, they have earned my respect for life. They maximized their team resources and gave their fans/supporters enough to cheer for going into the new arena.

We always underestimate how difficult it is to motivate players, particularly superstars who achieved multiple championships in a very short span. Na dis one dey pain my padi Eruditor pass grin

Baba, my own is, I don't want OKC or Spurs in the first round. I have already decommissioned myself from the regular season. Not like I fear both teams but they will stress GSW for a round 1 game.

I still think the regular culprits will make it from the west and east so my money is still on Celts vs GSW. But both teams especially Celts will face slugfests before the finals. They own the Sixers but Bucks and Raptors will be very tough depending on when/if they meet. As for GSW, Rockets still look like the biggest issue but less so than last season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:40am On Mar 25, 2019
Rob Gronkowski retires.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:42am On Mar 25, 2019
Eruditor:
Duke got lucky. On another day they would lose this game. But I have to admire their mental strength and tenacity.
those two last shots were painful for UCF, both went in and out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:19am On Mar 25, 2019
Killrhymz:

those two last shots were painful for UCF, both went in and out.

The presence of Tacko Fall made penetration very difficult for Duke so they relied heavily on perimeter shooting. UCF gave their all to the game and were just u lucky because they deserved to win the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Mar 25, 2019
Killrhymz:
Rob Gronkowski retires.

On and off the field, Gronk played the game his own way.. I think this is the best decision for him, I won’t be shocked if he tests positive for CTE, the man got a lot of bad hits.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:42am On Mar 25, 2019
Roland17:

On and off the field, Gronk played the game his own way.. I think this is the best decision for him, I won’t be shocked if he tests positive for CTE, the man got a lot of bad hits.
at 30 tho Roland? Not a big football fan but isn't it too early

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:51am On Mar 25, 2019
donlittle25:
at 30 tho Roland? Not a big football fan but isn't it too early

He is still 29, he turns 30 in May. It’s the safest decision for Gronk considering his health. He has suffered multiple injuries and tons of hits. Not too many active tight ends have lasted this long especially for one who runs, blocks and is never afraid of hits.

Over the last 3 seasons, Gronk barely played 60-70% of the regular season games for the Patriots. This is a long term decision for Gronk, he needed to retire in one piece. I read one piece where he said he has not touched a dime from his salary/ earnings since he started playing. He has been living off brand sponsorships, so it’s not even about the money because the man is made.

I think it’s good for Gronk. I just don’t want to see that CTE testing because I am convinced he will test positive.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:57am On Mar 25, 2019
Decale:

Ayam not understanding

Get your facts right bro. Their 3pt% is 37.6 and both Hawks and Rockets are on 35%. The Clippers are on 38.3% while Spurs are on 39.7%. Those are the only 2 teams slightly better than GS in the 3pt game. Where do u even get your stats from?
Keep your eyes away from the box score then you can really understand the game. Having Curry and klay on the team at once gives defending teams confusion. But if you shut those 2 out from beyond the arc, or even one of them, then u have a chance.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:01am On Mar 25, 2019
Eruditor:

Baba, my own is, I don't want OKC or Spurs in the first round. I have already decommissioned myself from the regular season. Not like I fear both teams but they will stress GSW for a round 1 game.

I still think the regular culprits will make it from the west and east so my money is still on Celts vs GSW. But both teams especially Celts will face slugfests before the finals. They own the Sixers but Bucks and Raptors will be very tough depending on when/if they meet. As for GSW, Rockets still look like the biggest issue but less so than last season.
Lol. Celtics are not even in the conversation this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:16am On Mar 25, 2019
steady986:

Get your facts right bro. Their 3pt% is 37.6 and both Hawks and Rockets are on 35%. The Clippers are on 38.3% while Spurs are on 39.7%. Those are the only 2 teams slightly better than GS in the 3pt game. Where do u even get your stats from?
Keep your eyes away from the box score then you can really understand the game. Having Curry and klay on the team at once gives defending teams confusion. But if you shut those 2 out from beyond the arc, or even one of them, then u have a chance.

You need cane...

If you make more of your 3 points and attempt less than the others, does that mean they're reliant on 3 points? Izz dar nor Curry and Klay's problem?

How do you now explain the fact that they have score more 2 pointers and second in midrange than the whole NBA? Shei na 3 pointers be that?

How do you now explain even with their efficiency on 3 pointers, they still make less than 7 teams? Waiting for your analogy...

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2019
Decale:

You need cane...

If you make more of your 3 points and attempt less than the others, does that mean they're reliant on 3 points? Izz dar nor Curry and Klay's problem?

How do you now explain the fact that they have score more 2 pointers and second in midrange than the whole NBA? Shei na 3 pointers be that?

How do you now explain even with their efficiency on 3 pointers, they still make less than 7 teams? Waiting for your analogy...
i see why SmoochCHN was vexed grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:36am On Mar 25, 2019
Dunkers can get grounded, but shooters lever loose their touch. You can ask LeBron.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 8:47am On Mar 25, 2019
Una wey dey reply this guy dey try Sha. E no dey stress una?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2019
steady986:

Lol. Celtics are not even in the conversation this year.

Playoff games and regular season are two different things....

Don't write them off.....
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:00am On Mar 25, 2019
Decale:

You need cane...

You're saying this as if they attempt way less than the rest of the teams. Apart from Rockets that attempt 44 per game, Bucks on second attempt 38. GS attempt 34.
And in terms of 3pt made per game, they're 3rd behind Rockers and Bucks only.
To put this into perspective, for GS their 2pt rate per game is 61%, putting them 22nd in the league in terms of 2pointers. Which means they shoot 3s 39% of the time, putting them at 8. You might think 8th is quite low but when u consider that there are 30 teams in the NBA, and also consider their 3pt made per game which is the most important of all the stats concerning 3s, you'll see why I made my comment.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2019
Eruditor:

Na ona stress person pas sef,not just round 1 but the subsequent rounds..

Me no one meet Warriors or Rockets for 1st round sha......
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2019
aliondo:

Playoff games and regular season are two different things....

Don't write them off.....
I'll take Sixer's and Bucks over the Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:08am On Mar 25, 2019
steady986:

I'll take Sixer's and Bucks over the Celtics.

Nuggets are hovering around 1st and 2nd in the West....Spurs are hovering around 7th and 8th...

If both teams meet in the 1st round in the playoff series,which of them will be your choice to go forth to the next round?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2019
aliondo:

Nuggets are hovering around 1st and 2nd in the West....Spurs are hovering around 7th and 8th...

If both teams meet in the 1st round in the playoff series,which of them will be your choice to go forth to the next round?
Spurs no doubt, plainly because they got more talent. The Celtics got talent but man for man, I think the Sixer's got this one.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
steady986:

Spurs no doubt, plainly because they got more talent. The Celtics got talent but man for man, I think the Sixer's got this one.

The Celtics own the Sixers. Even the most recent Sixers win felt more like Celtics choking than the other way around. They led that game all through till the last few mins. Trust me when I say, they OWN the sixers.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
Eruditor:

The Celtics own the Sixers. Even the most recent Sixers win felt more like Celtics choking than the other way around. They led that game all through till the last few mins. Trust me when I say, they OWN the sixers.
Let's not underestimate this Sixer's team o. Especially with the addition of Tobias. Man, no team would want to play Sixer's.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
Decale just dey here dey waste time.

CuteRedd:
i see why SmoochCHN was vexed grin
See ehn, it's just better to not even bother engaging some comments.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
I can't believe I forgot this.
Talking about 3pts. I remember this dude Ersan dude that said 9/10 Curry's 3pts were Uncontested.
Ultimately leading to this comment I wanted to post it exactly a year but forgot. LeBron's FT% na him cause wahala o.
Joephemymz, Killryhmz, Hardetayour, Cuteredd and his favorite victims Decale, Roland17 and Donlittle25.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
Killrhymz:
Rob Gronkowski retires.
Saw it coming. He's been mulling on it for a while and would probably have retired last year if Nick Foles didn't happen

Even as a rival fan I have huge respect for the Gronk. One of the few skill players that were willing to do the dirty work for teammates. He dished blocks and took blocks too. It's a pity his body couldn't hold up. Arguably the best ever at his position, definitely the most dominant
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I can't believe I forgot this.
Talking about 3pts. I remember this dude Ersan dude that said 9/10 Curry's 3pts were Uncontested.
Ultimately leading to this comment I wanted to post it exactly a year but forgot. LeBron's FT% na him cause wahala o.
Joephemymz, Killryhmz, Hardetayour, Cuteredd and his favorite victims Decale, Roland17 and Donlittle25.
LOL. Father of small fries
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
A40:
Saw it coming. He's been mulling on it for a while and would probably have retired last year if Nick Foles didn't happen

Even as a rival fan I have huge respect for the Gronk. One of the few skill players that were willing to do the dirty work for teammates. He dished blocks and took blocks too. It's a pity his body couldn't hold up. Arguably the best ever at his position, definitely the most dominant
�. Best tight end ever in my opinion...he had higher peak years than any of them(Tony Gonzalez, Antonio gates or whoever)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.