Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626195 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Lue was frustrated and that's the frustration talking. I'm just surprised if the Lakers are just stupid at this point. Lue was a foot mat on the Cavs. Cavs fans and the LeStans in the media used him as an excuse when the Cavs failed. We heard about how he didn't know how to draw plays or make use of the rotations (same thing with Luke Walton) but he's now the front runner for the Lakers job. This either means he's a genius all of a sudden or he's coming because he's LeBron's guy. Same way he took over from David Blatt. A40 point makes sense now. I'm not saying Bron got Luke fired. I'm just saying his presence definitely is so strong not to make a connection to what is going on right now. You'd have to be a LeStans to not think his presence, actions or body language is not a big factor here. Cos I don't see any reason Ty Lue should be the front runner for the job if it had nothing to do with Bron. Maybe both of them are padi but Lue would be foolish to want to experience what he experienced on the Cavs.

Death, Taxes and being the scapegoat should everything go wrong when working with LeBron are constant in life. Might not be his fault but history has shown that you'd definitely be the scapegoat thanks to LeStans.
If not to make LeNomad happy why would Lue be in the running for Lakers coach. Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2019
Embiid want to play by force, ask Kyrie in 2015 finals las las his knee gave up on him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2019
etidy:
Walton joining the kings, good for him
Talk about pedigree, loosing your job today and getting another the next day.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2019
A40:

Dion Waiters better than Larry Hughes? You must be smoking something dangerous

Larry Hughes was first team all defense and led the league in steals the season before he came to help LeNomad. That's who you're comparing to Dion Waiters. #facepalm
LMAO! Marc Gasol was also dpoy at some point, doesnt mean hes the mark gasol you get today. The larry hughes the cavs got was half the player dion waiters was. And BTW, Larry Hughes played 36 games for the cavs that season. GTFOH with that dumb narrative.

You don't want to give Larry Hughes credit yet you Bronsexuals are quick to credit Scottie Pippen and his 7.9 points per game for the GOAT getting past the First round
No one credits the pippen alone with the GOATs success, the triangle offense plus MJ played a role too.

Kyrie was a more polished product. It's irresponsible of you to attribute credit to LeNomad for a player already in his 4th season and was averaging 20ppg before he came
LMAO Stop dancing around the bush, polished or not you claimed young players dont improve with lebron. Heres proof that its another stupid narrative because kyrie improved even with lebron. Im not necessarily saying its because of him, but that myth about young players has been debunked, go and get another one.

Where did anyone say Magic's incompetence didn't play a role in his firing?
Im sorry didnt this guy just claim its lebrons fault magic is gone? so its because of lebron magic is incompetent

What is this one saying? If not for Jeanie Luke would have been gone by the all-star break. You would have kuku told us LeNomad didn't have a hand in David Blatt and Paul Silas's firing as well
LOL but if he had been fired then knowing what you know now about magic wanting to fire him long ago, how is that lebrons fault? and griffin admitted blatt was a tank coach becayse they didnt know lebron was coming otherwise they wouldnt have hired him. How is blatts firing lebrons fault?

Why couldn't they pretend? You mean LeNomad was forced to talk? He couldn't politely decline?

They are also human beings. Not pawns in LeNomad's Game of thrones. You're likelier to give better when you're in a stable situation
So all the NBA players that deal with trade talks and hostile crowds and still perform arent human beings? LOL! Funny thing is ingram and kuzma noticeably took their game up a notch during this period but with lebron and others injured there was only so much they could do. Some were saying they were playing well cause they didnt want to be traded.

They needed a leader. The GOAT put his arm around Scottie and mentored him to greatness. You're the OG Vet who supposedly makes everyone better. Yet he failed to do the same
There was only so much phil could do, pippen was destined for greatness. Lebron tried his best and all his teammates have attested to that. In the end so many things happened outside his control from injuries to suspensions. It is what it is. All they can do is move on, get a FA and possibly trade for another star. They werent going to win the chip anyway.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
A40:
If not to make LeNomad happy why would Lue be in the running for Lakers coach. Lol

You are still to tell me how lebron fired luke walton and magic johnson.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
A40:
Just the team he needed. Watch him work Magic with these bunch (pun intended)

Your comment has been archived.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
Khanben:

His poor scouting culture wasted a 2nd pick on lonzo when better players were still available in the 2017 draft. Tatum, d Mitch, and even fox who dropped 30 something on Lonzo.
The funniest thing about the blame Lebron camp is that you guys have made him into a god who controls all that there is around him. So Magic was not interested in accelerating the Lakers timeline when he called a 15 year veteran's agent during free agency.
Stop with these nonsense and let's talk basketball if not objectively but at least like someone who has followed the league long enough.
So what you want people to somehow believe is that lebron comes from Cleveland, and starts calling the shots with Jeannie and co watching in awe at his intellect. Please bring up plausible arguments and I might drink whatever coolaid you are trying to sell
You don't get it. No one has said Magic is not to blame. Everybody here has been flogging Magic on this thread since last year

But if you think a player that calls himself King doesn't want to have hands on control wherever he finds himself then you're not paying attention. Whether he gets it is another thing. But don't tell me he's never played a part in any coach losing their jobs or trying to get them to lose their jobs. He wouldn't be the first star to pull that stunt so I don't know why people are so defensive

There is a difference between having the final say and suggesting he has no say, which is what you're trying to say. Mike Spoelstra so far is the only guy who LeNomad didn't want that somehow managed to keep his job because Pat Riley stood his ground. Being on the wrong side of LeNomad will cost you your job. It's happened not once, not twice
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

Your comment has been archived.
I daresay if both teams stand pat Luke Walton finishes with a better record than the Lakers
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
A40:
I daresay if both teams stand pat Luke Walton finishes with a better record than the Lakers

welp, the lakers have nothing to do with this wager. its about how the kings perform. we'll see.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
Embiid and Jimmy Butler acting like fools out here. Butler supposedly playing as if it's about him forgetting he needs to carry the team along and Embiid is clearly hurt but feels like he has something to prove. I hope the Nets can see the light and go at these guys. They need a reality check.

Ben Simmons isn't worth a pint of grapefruit right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
A40:

You don't get it. No one has said Magic is not to blame. Everybody here has been flogging Magic on this thread since last year

But if you think a player that calls himself King doesn't want to have hands on control wherever he finds himself then you're not paying attention. Whether he gets it is another thing. But don't tell me he's never played a part in any coach losing their jobs or trying to get them to lose their jobs. He wouldn't be the first star to pull that stunt so I don't know why people are so defensive

There is a difference between having the final say and suggesting he has no say, which is what you're trying to say. Mike Spoelstra so far is the only guy who LeNomad didn't want that somehow managed to keep his job because Pat Riley stood his ground. Being on the wrong side of LeNomad will cost you your job. It's happened not once, not twice

Because non of these star players are called Lecoach killer or LeGm etc. None of the stars are treated like theyre responsible for all the bad decisions their front office makes. Lebron is.

Lebron obviously didnt want spoelstra, he wanted Pat and rightfully so.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
Killrhymz:
Embiid want to play by force, ask Kyrie in 2015 finals las las his knee gave up on him.
Leave am. Make he dey form Superman. His loud mouth his what's pushing him.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Summary of the Nets vs Philly match.

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ben Simmons stinking up the whole joint.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
BykeLaByke:
Ben Simmons stinking up the whole joint.

OMG This lunatic is still roaming this thread cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Summary of the Nets vs Philly match.

Philly have the best team in the east on paper. But the personalities of their stars just spells ticking time bomb for some reason.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

LMAO! Marc Gasol was also dpoy at some point, doesnt mean hes the mark gasol you get today. The larry hughes the cavs got was half the player dion waiters was. And BTW, Larry Hughes played 36 games for the cavs that season. GTFOH with that dumb narrative.
Lmaooo what a clown!! Are you comparing Marc Gasol's example to a guy that went into the Cavs team as an all-defense first teamer?

We have already established you know zilch about hoops when you compare a certified brick mason like Dion Waiters to Larry Hughes who scored and defended better and actually helped teams make the playoffs.

Yes and in those 36 games the Cavs were 23-13. Olodo

ReysonDrabek:

No one credits the pippen alone with the GOATs success, the triangle offense plus MJ played a role too.
This is a well parroted narrative. Don't feign ignorance

Bronsexuals think Pippen's 10ppg got the GOAT past the first round. So we can apply the same rule to Larry Hughes

ReysonDrabek:

LMAO Stop dancing around the bush, polished or not you claimed young players dont improve with lebron. Heres proof that its another stupid narrative because kyrie improved even with lebron. Im not necessarily saying its because of him, but you saying that is just stupid.
Kyrie's trajectory was set without LeNomad. In fact if you look closely his numbers were more or less the same as he was averaging before barring the Warriors series where he exploded. Kyrie was a bonafide star before he came to Cleveland so that example is fa fa fa foul!!

ReysonDrabek:

Im sorry didnt this guy just claim its lebrons fault magic is gone? so its because of lebron magic is incompetent
You're still not paying attention. Nobody ever said Magic didn't display incompetence at different stretches

ReysonDrabek:

LOL but if he had been fired then knowing what you know now about magic wanting to fire him long ago, how is that lebrons fault? and griffin admitted blatt was a tank coach becayse they didnt know lebron was coming otherwise they wouldnt have hired him. How is blatts firing lebrons fault?
Nobody talked about Luke getting fired till this season started going awry. Firing Luke was a cop out and Magic's mea culpa for his own gaffes. I think I said it here.

Lmaooo. You're telling me a coach that was fired despite a 30-11 record off a season he got to the NBA Finals was just about correcting some hiring mistake?

ReysonDrabek:

So all the NBA players that deal with trade talks and hostile crowds and still perform arent human beings? LOL! Funny thing is ingram and kuzma noticeably took their game up a notch during this period but with lebron and others injured there was only so much they could do. Some were saying they were playing well cause they didnt want to be traded.
Exactly. The players performing despite trade talks is the exception and not the norm and speaks to their talent. No professional athlete appreciates being traded without their consent. It's absurd to expect that young players in their second year won't have their feelings hurt in some way. It's not an excuse but it's a pretty plausible explanation if they struggle

ReysonDrabek:

There was only so much phil could do, pippen was destined for greatness. Lebron tried his best and all his teammates have attested to that. In the end so many things happened outside his control from injuries to suspensions. It is what it is. All they can do is move on, get a FA and possibly trade for another star. They werent going to win the chip anyway.
Lmaooo did you see Pippen's early numbers? He was very far from a sure thing

What a leader wouldn't do is publicly question their commitment to basketball like LeNomad did. With his body language, with his words this was one of the worst displays of leadership I've ever seen from a vet
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2019
Kyrie that went down at Duke and was still number one overall pick grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
A40:

Lmaooo what a clown!! Are you comparing Marc Gasol's example to a guy that went into the Cavs team as an all-defense first teamer?

We have already established you know zilch about hoops when you compare a certified brick mason like Dion Waiters to Larry Hughes who scored and defended better and actually helped teams make the playoffs.

Yes and in those 36 games the Cavs were 23-13. Olodo
Dude, this dimwit claimed larry hughes played 36 games and hes the one that got the cavs into the playoffs and im the clown! cheesy cheesy

Let me do the math for you since you are too stupid to see the gaffe you just committed. It means the cavs were 27 19 without him and still on pace for the playoffs without him. Legendary levels of foolishness here, you cant make this shit up.

This is a well parroted narrative. Don't feign ignorance

Bronsexuals think Pippen's 10ppg got the GOAT past the first round. So we can apply the same rule to Larry Hughes
because larry hughes 36 games got the cavs into the playoffs LMAO! I dont know what you do now but you will make a spectacular jester.

Again when did i ever claim pippen is why phil jackson made the playoffs? Stop applying your foolishness to me.

Kyrie's trajectory was set without LeNomad. In fact if you look closely his numbers were more or less the same as he was averaging before barring the Warriors series where he exploded. Kyrie was a bonafide star before he came to Cleveland so that example is fa fa fa foul!!
LOL! Now its trajectory, but didnt you say lebron stunts young players growth? So ingram and co dont have a trajectory? the man is turning into a statistician to defend his foolishness cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're still not paying attention. Nobody ever said Magic didn't display incompetence at different stretches
But you said lebron is why he got fired, come and explain.

Nobody talked about Luke getting fired till this season started going awry. Firing Luke was a cop out and Magic's mea culpa for his own gaffes. I think I said it here.
But you also claimed lukes firing was lebrons fault cheesy cheesy

Lmaooo. You're telling me a coach that was fired despite a 30-11 record off a season he got to the NBA Finals was just about correcting some hiring mistake?
There a difference between winning in the regular season and winning a ring. Go ask D'antoni.

Exactly. The players performing despite trade talks is the exception and not the norm and speaks to their talent. No professional athlete appreciates being traded without their consent. It's absurd to expect that young players in their second year won't have their feelings hurt in some way. It's not an excuse but it's a pretty plausible explanation if they struggle
What kind of dumb logic is this? appreciate it or not its part of the game and you need to learn to live with it. Stop trying to claim its the reason the lakers were losing!

Lmaooo did you see Pippen's early numbers? He was very far from a sure thing
Thank God Phil was in fact the GOAT, plus he had jordan. So what are you talking about? its not all about pippen.

What a leader wouldn't do is publicly question their commitment to basketball like LeNomad did. With his body language, with his words this was one of the worst displays of leadership I've ever seen from a vet
Yeah thats awful but punching your team mate is great leadership. I had a mediocre day but you're cheering me up, clown! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
The sixers just keep finding ways to disappoint their fans
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
donlittle25:
Kyrie that went down at Duke and was still number one overall pick grin

Little man, i know your brain is as small you are but again dont stick your fat nose into sh.it you dont understand. I never claimed kyrie wasnt special, he claimed young players dont develop with lebron and i said thats false, except if they're not as special as they were expected to be. Wasnt ingram a no.2 pick, wasnt lonzo? why isnt any of them showing kyrie level of promise? didnt kyrie improve "in-spite" of lebron? whats their excuse?

Fun fact, there was a negroe imp, just like you who was kept in the french royal court of the "sun king" who allegedly had had an affair with the queen. Could be your distant relative... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
i swear when i first came on this thread this little dweeb threatened me with fire and brimstone. Now the little sh-t is too afraid to even quote me, suffice it to say i've tamed the midget. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

Because non of these star players are called Lecoach killer or LeGm etc. None of the stars are treated like theyre responsible for all the bad decisions their front office makes. Lebron is.

Lebron obviously didnt want spoelstra, he wanted Pat and rightfully so.
LeNomad is not the first superstar to have that Coach Killer tag on him. Magic was kind of a coach Killer too.

The point with LeNomad is with all his stops he is the only player that has had this drama across 3 different franchises. Different people, different tradition from a history standpoint. Only one constant. LeNomad

That's the problem. Even in the first season that LeNomad shat the bed against Dallas it was still Spoelstra feeling the heat. Why would Pat want to come back and coach? He had been doing so for over two decades!! His unwillingness to give Spo a fair audience says it all really
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

welp, the lakers have nothing to do with this wager. its about how the kings perform. we'll see.
They have everything to do with it. Some tools will at least get to see that in a less chaotic setting perhaps Luke wasn't the problem
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 13, 2019
A40:
LeNomad is not the first superstar to have that Coach Killer tag on him. Magic was kind of a coach Killer too.

The point with LeNomad is with all his stops he is the only player that has had this drama across 3 different franchises. Different people, different tradition from a history standpoint. Only one constant. LeNomad

That's the problem. Even in the first season that LeNomad shat the bed against Dallas it was still Spoelstra feeling the heat. Why would Pat want to come back and coach? He had been doing so for over two decades!! His unwillingness to give Spo a fair audience says it all really

Have you stopped to think that all these all time greats had all time great coaches?

Magic got Pat Riley, MJ had Phil and so did kobe and shaq, timmy had pop. who did lebron get?

That last part is how i confirm you're a pathological liar. Most people blamed lebron calling him a choker and rightfully so. If anyone was blaming spoelstra hed be gone! Stop spinning narratives to suit this dumb agenda. You have the chance to get pat riley to coach you and he shouldnt jump at it? LMAO! Clown!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2019
Who wants to bet against philly making it out of the east?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2019
The East is gonna be fun
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
These lower seed teams are not here for games

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:19am On Apr 14, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

Have you stopped to think that all these all time greats had all time great coaches?

Magic got Pat Riley, MJ had Phil and so did kobe and shaq, timmy had pop. who did lebron get?

That last part is how i confirm you're a pathological liar. Most people blamed lebron calling him a choker and rightfully so. If anyone was blaming spoelstra hed be gone! Stop spinning narratives to suit this dumb agenda. You have the chance to get pat riley to coach you and he shouldnt jump at it? LMAO! Clown!
I know this is an oxymoron since you don't think but have you stopped to think that most of these all-time great coaches had zero pedigree and titles but allowed themselves to be coached by these would be all-time great coaches?

Greg Pop, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley all had zero championships and in some cases zero head coaching experience. Maybe if they had to coach in today's generation with a coach Killer like LeNomad who knows how their careers would have ended?

If David Blatt and Spoelstra had their asses on fire and Blatt got the axe even with a 30-11 record the year after the Cavs lost the finals in unfortunate circumstances. Who says those greats would have gotten a chance to shine?

You're a Muppet else you would always apply context when dropping analogies

Coach Spoelstra was under some heat as well not just LeNomad. Don't come here and try to revise history. The Heat were under intense scrutiny all season long because of their average start which led to them finishing second in the East behind the Bulls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.