Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644180 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:42am On Apr 29, 2019
steady986:

What is this one saying? Go on twitter and see what every NBA player is saying. They all acknowledged that Harden is a foul seeker, but they all agreed that he deserved the call last night.
How many calls where they talking about. So u now watch your own game on twitter. Clap for yourself.

Go check MARK Cubans tweet. I agree just 2 were fouls he rest was bullshit. Look at Paul on Livingston. Livingston jumped and CP3 loved his hip into him and u expected a call from that. Give me a break abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:44am On Apr 29, 2019
steady986:

Chai, do I need to show you videos to prove that you're a blatant liar?
YouTube is your friend. He's the best shooter in the history of the game. #TakeThatForData
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:05am On Apr 29, 2019
Hardetayour:
How many calls where they talking about. So u now watch your own game on twitter. Clap for yourself.

Go check MARK Cubans tweet. I agree just 2 were fouls he rest was bullshit. Look at Paul on Livingston. Livingston jumped and CP3 loved his hip into him and u expected a call from that. Give me a break abeg.
Smh. Asking me whether I watch my games on twitter because I read tweets, and then you go ahead to tell me about a tweet. Now who's watching games on twitter?

All this English you're speaking, Livingston on Paul was a foul. There's nothing anybody can tell me. It's only unrepentant GS fans like you that would say otherwise.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:45am On Apr 29, 2019
Hardetayour:
I could agree 2 were fouls on Harden by Klay but the rest is utter crap.

I remember a playoff game were Steph came out with scratches all over his hands fighting over screens and whatnot but when thier fluke MVP who needs to kick out every time he takes a 3 is not called, they cry blood.

I am not arguing their rubbish calls. I am saying EVERY time Steph jumps they close the space under him with almost no calls. If any fool wants to argue for Harden they should stress how it happens to Steph ALWAYS.

How can Harden who takes step-back 3s somehow still jump 3ft forward into the defenders landing space?

How can a player who got the most free throws in the game complain about not getting calls?

How many flimsy calls did they call on Curry today?
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 7:45am On Apr 29, 2019
steady986:

Smh. Asking me whether I watch my games on twitter because I read tweets, and then you go ahead to tell me about a tweet. Now who's watching games on twitter?

All this English you're speaking, Livingston on Paul was a foul. There's nothing anybody can tell me. It's only unrepentant GS fans like you that would say otherwise.
It's a foul when a player is jumped onto. U need to stay off the weed. That's why those calls are bogus
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:48am On Apr 29, 2019
steady986:
And where's that guy that always complained about the refs not being fair to GS? Erudite or what's he's name. What do you have to say now? The refs that are supposed to give opponents a fair shot at challenging are assisting them, this star-studded team that needs to be handicapped by all indications. But why not, the NBA wants to protect it's golden child GS, cos GS winning the league fits the narrative. I couldn't count the number of sacrilegious no foul calls on Harden, especially that last three pointer to tie the game at 103. What about the one on CP3.

LOL. Last last you will be alright.

CP3 will jump and stretch out his leg to get a foul and the refs should let them? LOL.

How many times have they given Curry that call? Harden was 9-28 yet still made 35pts because he got 14 FTs. Curry on the other hand had 4 FTs and was on 4 fouls early in the game. Watch that video I posted and tell me how most of those calls were fouls?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:51am On Apr 29, 2019

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 8:02am On Apr 29, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:35am On Apr 29, 2019
The refs were a crying disgrace but it could be argued both sides suffered non-calls. Overall the Rockets need to look at themselves especially Harden. He went to the line 14 times but his inefficiency is too much. Shooting 9/28 FFS

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 8:37am On Apr 29, 2019
ipledge10:
hit a 3 pointer at 23secs to go,changing the game to 2 or 3 possessions. I guess he didn’t overeact, even if he gone 2-39 before then, his 3 shot was the game winning shot. That shot there is why People criticitize Westbrook.

You're so right. Took the words right out of my mind
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2019
The referees in the NBA are arguably the best in the world, both sides suffered no calls. Unto the next one
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 29, 2019
Haha. Wow
aliondo:

Wow...You in my mind?? shocked shocked shocked...Was just about typing this...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2019
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE.
aliondo:

Wow...You in my mind?? shocked shocked shocked...Was just about typing this...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:25am On Apr 29, 2019
And to keep it a buck. Harden had a much better case on the Klay closeouts than Draymond Green's

On that 'foul' James Harden went Carl Lewis on us.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2019
Pointguardusa:
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE.

Yh bro wink...hope you doing good?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2019
Eruditor:

LOL. Last last you will be alright.

CP3 will jump and stretch out his leg to get a foul and the refs should let them? LOL.

How many times have they given Curry that call? Harden was 9-28 yet still made 35pts because he got 14 FTs. Curry on the other hand had 4 FTs and was on 4 fouls early in the game. Watch that video I posted and tell me how most of those calls were fouls?
Durant had more FT attempts than Harden so what's your point?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:42am On Apr 29, 2019
The Slim Reaper is just killing this year's playoffs so far. Damn this KD guy is simply unstoppable. I said sometime ago that he is the most complete scorer that has ever played the game. The most complete not the best but the most complete.
Re: The NBA Begins by daakins(m): 11:41am On Apr 29, 2019
Looking for where to place your bets and best bookmaker with high odds and fast payout ...sign up on 1xbet via link...
1xbet signup link
https://cut.li/AEazhH

PROMO CODE
1x_54673

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
I'm fine thanks.
aliondo:

Yh bro wink...hope you doing good?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
Khanben:
The Slim Reaper is just killing this year's playoffs so far. Damn this KD guy is simply unstoppable. I said sometime ago that he is the most complete scorer that has ever played the game. The most complete not the best but the most complete.
So explain the most complete for us
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
steady986:

Durant had more FT attempts than Harden so what's your point?

Now I know you did not watch the game. Like 3 of KDs FTs were from technicals on Rockets when Curry was sitting due to his four fouls. Curry's 4FTs also includes the technical on CP3. So when I say Harden shot the most FTs. I know what I am saying.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2019
steady986:

So explain the most complete for us

He has pretty much every weaponry in His Arsenal as far as scoring is concerned. And pretty much each of those weapons are at an Elite Level now.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2019
Eruditor:

The warriors were winning games before KD and the only win against Rockets in the regular season was without KD.

But when a team is cheating..flopping all over the place..kicking out and drawing useless fouls..it makes sense to play around the one GSW player who usually gets his fouls.

The same dumb excuses they keep making to give Harden useless FTs can be made for Curry every day. One would think that the GOAT shooter is the person who gets fouled more on 3PTs but it is average Joes like Harden who get foul calls for the same thing. It is so irritating.

Let me see them give Curry the same foul calls and let's see if GSW don't sweep Houston.

Make no bones about it, Steph is the heartbeat of this team just that KD makes them almost unbeatable. This Guy never seems to have a Bad Game. You can for example tell when Steph is having a bad day but with KD you simply can't. You might think "Oh I haven't seen Him all game" and then you check the scoreboard and realise He has scored 24 points. Dude is insane. Replace KD is any other Small Forward yesterday and you'd have lost that game.

And Yh Steph needs protection from the Ref. I thought for example Giannis was getting hacked all day yesterday but Steph gets it worse especially with His small frame.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
Eruditor:

You will be shocked at their response in game 2. Never rule out home teams that way. OKC did steal game 1 from Kerr in 15/16.

Yh but Bucks aren't Golden State. Apart from Adetokunbo no one else will get into your team. I'd be keenly following the adjustments Coach Bud will make.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
chic2pimp:

Make no bones about it, Steph is the heartbeat of this team just that KD makes them almost unbeatable. This Guy never seems to have a Bad Game. You can for example tell when Steph is having a bad day but with KD you simply can't. You might think "Oh I haven't seen Him all game" and then you check the scoreboard and realise He has scored 24 points. Dude is insane. Replace KD is any other Small Forward yesterday and you'd have lost that game.

And Yh Steph needs protection from the Ref. I thought for example Giannis was getting hacked all day yesterday but Steph gets it worse especially with His small frame.

KD is the best player on the team no doubts. I was just stressing how he is also the easiest to play through because he still somehow gets most of his foul calls whereas Steph does not.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2019
chic2pimp:

Yh but Bucks aren't Golden State. Apart from Adetokunbo no one else will get into your team. I'd be keenly following the adjustments Coach Bud will make.

Remember Boston Day Massacre. Where Celts beat Lakers by 30+ or 40+ points I forget at the Staple centre and ended up losing the series 4-1 or 4-2. Bucks were 60wins for a reason. They will react. Besides, Celts shot incredibly and trust me, it will go down to the mean.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
A40:
And to keep it a buck. Harden had a much better case on the Klay closeouts than Draymond Green's

On that 'foul' James Harden went Carl Lewis on us.

I am going to keep it 100 with this issue like I said yesterday.

Here is my position, the referees set a bad precedence in the 1st half when they failed to call those fouls on the Warriors for invading the space of the shooters and it only degenerated in the 2nd half when everyone got involved and was getting away with it. This is the same foul that took Kawhi out,l which resulted in stronger enforcement of the rule.

I think the referees got stuck after the 2nd half and lost control of the game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
Game 1 was all Golden State + the refs.
Simple as ABC.

In as much as Rockets had a bad game and you could argue Warriors did too, Houston could have won if the ref was not bn a pussy.
Game 2 will be different for sure. Only way the Warriors win is by blowing out the Rockets cos Harden will get more free throws after all the noise about the bad officiating in game 1.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
Roland17:

I am going to keep it 100 with this issue like I said yesterday.

Here is my position, the referees set a bad precedence in the 1st half when they failed to call those fouls on the Warriors for invading the space of the shooters and it only degenerated in the 2nd half when everyone got involved and was getting away with it. This is the same foul that took Kawhi out,l which resulted in stronger enforcement of the rule.

I think the referees got stuck after the 2nd half and lost control of the game.
I think at least two of the Klay closeouts were 100% fouls at the very least. The Draymond one though was absolutely not a foul

The refs all round did a terrible job, I also recall Harden himself encroaching Steph's landing area but the Rockets anger was a righteous one tbvh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hmmmm

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
Why are people acting surprised? Its the warriors of course the refs are on their side. Refs are a huge part of the dynasty. Cheated the cavs in 2017, cheated the cavs out of game 1 and any chance of putting up a fight last year. If you want to beat the warriors just make sure its not a close game or the refs will hand it to them.

Being a newly minted warrior fan myself i cant complain. I called a sweep and i hope thats how this series ends. Three peat!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
I have got mad respect for this man and the way he carries himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.