Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1634843 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1253) (1254) (1255) (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) ... (2218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2019
This KD Injury just changed the NBA landscape

1) Suddenly, the Knicks are likely not to get KD and Kyrie. Subsequently they may not want to trade a their assets for Davis

2)The Davis sweepstakes becomes more complex. Will he team up with Kyrie at the Celtics or LeBron or just go to another team?
3)Suddenly the raptors are the defacto favorites to make a run at the title out of the east next season. Cos the sixers may lose butler and the Knicks are likely to still be shit.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2019
Honestly the guy has been overly critical of Kawhi, maybe he will get off his back when he scores all the points, gets all the rebounds, steals and blocks.
KarnThornheart:

You just know skip got a boner when he saw Kawhi pass that ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by Coutinho14: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2019
lmao

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2019
etidy:
This KD Injury just changed the NBA landscape

1) Suddenly, the Knicks are likely not to get KD and Kyrie. Subsequently they may not want to trade a their assets for Davis

2)The Davis sweepstakes becomes more complex. Will he team up with Kyrie at the Celtics or LeBron or just go to another team?
3)Suddenly the raptors are the defacto favorites to make a run at the title out of the east next season. Cos the sixers may lose butler and the Knicks are likely to still be shit.

Points 1&2 are quite likely. But the Raptors only become defacto favorites to use your own words if they keep kawhi.
IMO the East is very much up for grabs next season as it was this season. The Bucks and Sixers need to consider who to let go and who to resign( they also have to make the huge decision whether to go into the luxury tax).
The Celtics needs to decide if they are going for it(if kyrie stays) so as to get rid of and add pieces who fit not only his style of play but also his timeline and if he is not staying play the long game and hope Tatum and Brown become who they hoped they could be when they were drafted.
The Raptors have the best shot at winning the East if kawhi stays and the longest rebuild if he leaves cause without him Ujiri just needs to start all over again with guys like spicy P and FVV as the foundation pieces.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2019
So they're now saying it's an Achilles injury. GS is a classless organization walahi
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:
So they're now saying it's an Achilles injury. GS is a classless organization walahi

Hope you know that the injury he had yesterday is different from the one he had before. There is a way you post sometimes..I wonder if all is well upstairs.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
Coutinho14:
lmao

Clearing him was for a calf injury. Nobody knew he would have his Achilles popped like it happened. The Achilles is a new injury which is why Bob Myers was "crying".

At least it puts to bed the rubbish people were saying here that he wanted to leave GSW. Nobody will risk playing for a club you want to leave when you are housing an injury of any kind. They should ask Kawhi.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Clearing him was for a calf injury. Nobody knew he would have his Achilles popped like it happened. The Achilles is a new injury which is why Bob Myers was "crying".

At least it puts to bed the rubbish people were saying here that he wanted to leave GSW. Nobody will risk playing for a club you want to leave when you are housing an injury of any kind. They should ask Kawhi.

Nope. It was more about winning another ring for himself.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
Coutinho14:
lmao

Smooshchn

cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:
Congrats to the Warriors for extending this by one more game. They did well. Their shots were falling in.

I actually think the refs were hard on them in this game. I almost felt sorry for them.

Two home losses should make the Warriors know that Oracle is not the fortress they think it is. That being said, it's one more game for us basketball fans to savour.

Raptors in 6.

You are still talking extending series when I am telling you that there was a game 7 and that I know who won. LOL.

Let me tell you something funny; whenever there was a game 6 on home court for a team down 3-2, the NBA always made sure a game 7 happened.

So expect those foul calls that Warriors were not getting to be called in game 6. That 27-14 FT disparity won't happen. I can assure you. All those Kawhi's travels he will get called for them. I said it here first. Watch this space.

Warriors in 7!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

You are still talking extending series when I am telling you that there was a game 7 and that I know who won. LOL.

Let me tell you something funny; whenever there was a game 6 on home court for a team down 3-2, the NBA always made sure a game 7 happened.

So expect those foul calls that Warriors were not getting to be called in game 6. That 27-14 FT disparity won't happen. I can assure you. All those Kawhi's travels he will get called for them. I said it here first. Watch this space.

Warriors in 7!

I like how Kyle Lowry has given you extra confidence. You think you've escaped? You are just digging a deeper hole for yourself. You WILL deactivate your account.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Nope. It was more about winning another ring for himself.

LOL. You guys will say anything.

First they claimed he did not want to play for GSW again which is why we were not seeing him on court. Even when this guy was always at the tunnel shaking his teammates and digging them up. Then now he decided to help when we were down 3-1 they say it is about ring. Even when I kept saying here that had we lost game 2, KD would have played game 3 and so on. I was saying it here repeatedly.

KD was going to re-sign with GSW. I had said so. The injury just totally confirmed it but even before it..I was 100% sure he would re-sign. I said it here.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
KarnThornheart:

I like how Kyle Lowry has given you extra confidence. You think you've escaped? You are just digging a deeper hole for yourself. You WILL deactivate your account.

If a player misses a shot he gave me confidence. But when the greatest shooter was missing shots it was not the reason we lost.

When we had an 18-0 run in game 2 it was the reason we won. But when Raptors had that 16pts differential in game 3 3rd which made them win the game "they outplayed us". I barely read posts here and anywhere else tbh. Once I see the the moniker, I just conclude it will be BS.

Talmbout I will deactivate..when I am telling you what happened not what WILL happen.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

If a player misses a shot he gave me confidence. But when the greatest shooter was missing shots it was not the reason we lost.

When we had an 18-0 run in game 2 it was the reason we won. But when Raptors had that 16pts differential in game 3 3rd which made them win the game "they outplayed us". I barely read posts here and anywhere else tbh. Once I see the the moniker, I just conclude it will be BS.

Talmbout I will deactivate..when I am telling you what happened not what WILL happen.

When they had a 6 point lead you disappeared. Now you want to start blabbing again. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

LOL. You guys will say anything.

First they claimed he did not want to play for GSW again which is why we were not seeing him on court. Even when this guy was always at the tunnel shaking his teammates and digging them up. Then now he decided to help when we were down 3-1 they say it is about ring. Even when I kept saying here that had we lost game 2, KD would have played game 3 and so on. I was saying it here repeatedly.

KD was going to re-sign with GSW. I had said so. The injury just totally confirmed it but even before it..I was 100% sure he would re-sign. I said it here.

Who claimed he didn't want to play for GS? The only theory I heard was he wasn't playing cause he ruptured his Achilles. Didn't but now he has.

How did an injury confirm he was re signing? LOL! I hope you pay him the max at the expense of someone else and he turns into Kwame brown. Either way you lot are never going to win another ring again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Hope you know that the injury he had yesterday is different from the one he had before. There is a way you post sometimes..I wonder if all is well upstairs.
U should learn to ignore baba. I can't be arsed again.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Why wasn't ibaka in in the last 4-5 minutes? He was eating all night
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Why was a timeout called in the last 3 minutes of the game by Nick nurse when kawhi was on a roll?
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

"Bad energy stay far away".- Whizkid
Warriors in 7 then

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Green blocked the shot by the way. I can sleep well now knowing Kyle didn't just miss all of that

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Curry and Klay? They came to play.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Does anyone know where i can get a cap like this?

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2019
Not a politics thread but i know there are a lot of US based people here so can we just take a moment to celebrate how much of a great man the donald is? His brilliance is further enhanced in the eyes of economists with genius level intellect like myself.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Warriors in 7!
Lol. I think we should put you on suicide watch, because your disappointment would be so immense. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

If you mean the upstair of the Warriors organization, then you're absolutely right.

Will you tell me that this current Achilles injury is not as a result of the so called calf injury he sustained?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Not when it's the finals
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
kD's sacrifice better not be for nothing.
If the raptors win,
He can't possibly feel too good about his decision
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

The body is a system. The moment he risked his healing calf injury he was risking the entire lower leg system. It could have happened anywhere along the injured right lower limb. He could have aggravated the old or broken a fresh weak link which is what eventually happened.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
It looked suspiciously like an Achilles injury from the get go. I just hope this wasn’t a case of a missed diagnosis converting a mild injury to a career threatening one.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hardetayour:
U should learn to ignore baba. I can't be arsed again.

Sometimes I don't even know why I bother.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2019
KarnThornheart:

When they had a 6 point lead you disappeared. Now you want to start blabbing again. undecided

I was online I just stopped posting because I was tired of all the faux-laden hottakes and ITK medical mumbo jumbo people were making here.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Who claimed he didn't want to play for GS? The only theory I heard was he wasn't playing cause he ruptured his Achilles. Didn't but now he has.

How did an injury confirm he was re signing? LOL! I hope you pay him the max at the expense of someone else and he turns into Kwame brown. Either way you lot are never going to win another ring again.

The injury confirmed all the teams that the media claimed he wanted to go to..will be having serious second thoughts about signing a superstar who will not be available for the next 7 months or so. Only GSW can afford to..and still compete till he returns.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1253) (1254) (1255) (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) ... (2218) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.