Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1720217 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:
Hmmn. luka averaged what last season? maybe 21 points? if he averages 26 and 6, he could most definitely win most improved player

Let me help you here, James Harden averaged 36.1 last season and this season he is averaging 38.5, why is not in the MIP conversation?

Siakam went from 7.3 in 2017/2018 to 16.9 in 2018/2019 to win the MIP, this season he has gone up to 25.1, why is he not in the conversation?

Giannis won the award during the 2016/2017 season when he jumped from 16 PPG to 22, he has progressively gone from 16 to 31.8 PPG, so why is he not in the conversation this season or after he won it?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:
oladipo averaged 18 game in orlando for 3 years, 16 in okc and 23 in indiana to win it. As long as you make good improvements in your game that isnt mvp level, then you are eligible.

So why has no player won the award twice despite the improvement in numbers? You are making my point, Luka is playing at an MVP level and has been steady at this level.
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
Roland17:

Let me help you here, James Harden averaged 36.1 last season and this season he is averaging 38.5, why is not in the MIP conversation?

Siakam went from 7.3 in 2017/2018 to 16.9 in 2018/2019 to win the MIP, this season he has gone up to 25.1, why is he not in the conversation?

Giannis won the award during the 2016/2017 season when he jumped from 16 PPG to 22, he has progressively gone from 16 to 31.8 PPG, so why is he not in the conversation this season or after he won it?
harden cant win it cause those are mvp numbers, MIP is usually given those under the 25 to 26 ppg threshold. For siakam, the MIP is never given to individual more than once. same for giannis plus the dude has won an mvp. en dey go back or front? luka has never won mip and if he stays in the 25 and 6 range, he could win it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
Roland17:

So why has no player won the award twice despite the improvement in numbers? You are making my point, Luka is playing at an MVP level and has been steady at this level.
he wont sustain it imo is all im saying.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
steady986:

People that want to be LeBron and carry the load of their team are breaking down one by one. Giannis next

Lol, now see what you're typing.
And you think Lebron and AD won't go down at some point, or even miss the playoffs?
Don't wish unto others what you will never wish on yourself.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:
Hmmn. luka averaged what last season? maybe 21 points? if he averages 26 and 6, he could most definitely win most improved player

Luka cannot be in the conversation for MIP, he was not playing poorly last season. It's the same with Trae, he has certainly improved this season, but they were not playing averagely last season (and it was their first season last time)..

Playing below average before and improving (playing well above average) after I believe is what should be considered. Luka was never playing below average, he was playing at elite level

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:
he wont sustain it imo is all im saying.

Why won't he? If Harden can sustain playing and scoring like he has done, nothing is stopping Luka. The kid is legit and we're looking at the future of the NBA.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Luka cannot be in the conversation for MIP, he was not playing poorly last season. It's the same with Trae, he has certainly improved this season, but they were not playing averagely last season (and it was their first season last time)..

Playing below average before and improving (playing well above average) after I believe is what should be considered. Luka was never playing below average, he was playing at elite level

You get it!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Why won't he? If Harden can sustain playing and scoring like he has done, nothing is stopping Luka. The kid is legit and we're looking at the future of the NBA.
cause dude is a white guy from europe plus i doubt he has been 'medically fortified' if you know what i mean beign a 2nd year player and all but who knows. He might keep it up. Scoring 30 a game no be beans. I know for a fact that giannis is going to fall back to earth
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

if these guys average good numbers and their teams are poor, say sub 36 wins, they are definitely in the running for mip. They might not win but they are definetely in the running.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:
cause dude is a white guy from europe plus i doubt he has been 'medically fortified' if you know what i mean beign a 2nd year player and all but who knows. He might keep it up. Scoring 30 a game no be beans. I know for a fact that giannis is going to fall back to earth

Now you are making subjective arguments that are illogical and not borne out of fact. You may want to read up on Luka. Kid started playing professional basketball at 14, he is years ahead of his peers in the NBA.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:

He was MVP at the Europe basketball league before coming to the NBA. He has already been up there so to continue will certainly not be a problem. The kid can only get better, the experience is there and he must have gotten used to taking the heat. He is in his second year and his game will only improve. He is already playing against the best in the world and has not slowed down, he's the go to man for his team and he does not shy from doing his thing. Injuries will certainly come and go but Luka can only get better. Same with Trae.

For Giannis, he might have some bad days, but falling back to earth? Unless he wants to retire and fall back to earth, Giannis will remain there.... That is if he does not even decide to improve his jumpers and get better (scary right? lol).
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

So on point!!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:
if these guys average good numbers and their teams are poor, say sub 36 wins, they are definitely in the running for mip

Even if they average 50 points, having them in the conversation for MIP is like an insult to what they did last season. They were the best 2 coming into the NBA and are up there with the best. MIP is for those already in the league and playing at "poverty" level.
Now you cannot improve from being a very good player to playing at MVP level and be in challenging with Bam Adebayo. No you should be competing with Bron, Giannis, AD, Harden and the best. If you catch my drift tho...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
steady986:

I'm just saying. I don't wish it on them, but I predicted it early in the season. Watch Giannis go out with a medium term injury.
steady986:

People that want to be LeBron and carry the load of their team are breaking down one by one. Giannis next
steady986:

Real fan talk
Man, you need to check your self.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bam Adebayo is the Most Improved Player already na.

Closely behind is Devonte Graham.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
Roland17:

Now you are making subjective arguments that are illogical and not borne out of fact. You may want to read up on Luka. Kid started playing professional basketball at 14, he is years ahead of his peers in the NBA.
We are back to square one with these guys. It's a waste of time. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Bam Adebayo is the Most Improved Player already na.

Closely behind is Devonte Graham.

Devonte Graham, he might snatch it from Bam. To early to tell tho.
The guy do me strong thing for Fantasy league. But I am just resting sha.. I dey come for you all soon
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Even if they average 50 points, having them in the conversation for MIP is like an insult to what they did last season. They were the best 2 coming into the NBA and are up there with the best. MIP is for those already in the league and playing at "poverty" level.
Now you cannot improve from being a very good player to playing at MVP level and be in challenging with Bam Adebayo. No you should be competing with Bron, Giannis, AD, Harden and the best. If you catch my drift tho...
Maybe your are right, but you do not have to sorely be playing on ' poverty' level to get mip. Many guys have won it jumping from 16 ppg to the 20's and 16 ppg is a solid starter in this league. Plus luka and trea never played at an elite level last year cause their teams sucked and they couldnt elevate it, both missed the playoffs i think. but yeah, maybe you are right. we learn everyday.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
SmooshCHN:
We are back to square one with these guys. It's a waste of time. grin

Baba the thing don tire me..
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2019
Roland17:

Im just saying what i think to be true. The general concensus is that europeans are soft. Im not just a believer is all
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

He was MVP at the Europe basketball league before coming to the NBA. He has already been up there so to continue will certainly not be a problem. The kid can only get better, the experience is there and he must have gotten used to taking the heat. He is in his second year and his game will only improve. He is already playing against the best in the world and has not slowed down, he's the go to man for his team and he does not shy from doing his thing. Injuries will certainly come and go but Luka can only get better. Same with Trae.

For Giannis, he might have some bad days, but falling back to earth? Unless he wants to retire and fall back to earth, Giannis will remain there.... That is if he does not even decide to improve his jumpers and get better (scary right? lol).
maybe for luka but giannis has had hot streaks from 3 before. He will cool down. trust the bucks supporter
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
RENOWNED2:
Im just saying what i think to be true. The general concensus is that europeans are soft. Im not just a believer is all

Your consensus is actually wrong if we are to go by word on the street. Europeans are renowned to be more prepared for the NBA, they are more grounded in the basics and fundamentals of the game in comparison to your college rookies. They have higher intelligence, mentality and understanding of the court and play under stricter rules and rigor. Popovich's era was heralded by Duncan but propelled by 2 Europeans, I can go on and on with more examples...

I am not against you not being a believer but don't generalize it especially when it is a mere subjective opinion.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Man, you need to check your self.
And you too
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Lol, now see what you're typing.
And you think Lebron and AD won't go down at some point, or even miss the playoffs?
Don't wish unto others what you will never wish on yourself.
I'm not wishing. And I don't need to wish. It is just what it is bro.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
steady986:

This is very shameful even for you. Even with my anti-LeNomad propaganda I don't root for players to get hurt not even LeNomad

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
steady986:

If our bench didn't score only 4 points you won't even be online talking this
Story for the gods
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
Roland17:

Terrible news, especially when you consider he was having a terrific season.
I wonder what they are sharing in that Raptors locker room. Powell and Gasol also injured
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
My MIP is actually Devonte Graham. He was barely playing last year

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
KarnBarlow:

They don't have to.
It just feels like someone has to go for the other to play their best. Especially Dinwiddie who goes from G-LEAGUE to borderline all-star in Kyrie's absence.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
A40:
I wonder what they are sharing in that Raptors locker room. Powell and Gasol also injured

You forgot to add Fred VanVleet and Stanley Johnson. I don't know what changed from last season because they were exceptional in managing injuries last year especially when you consider they had Kawhi on their roster. For some reason, they have been unable to keep their bodies on the court.

I just really wish Siakam well and hope he comes back fine. The Raptors are choosing to keep this close to their chest and I can understand why.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
A40:
This is very shameful even for you. Even with my anti-LeNomad propaganda I don't root for players to get hurt not even LeNomad
We can discuss when you learn how to comprehend English language.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.