Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618475 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
Dominican Robin Lopez. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
Dwayne wade son is trans An 11 year old? Just crazy!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
Tundesam923:
That's what happens when the norm is letting your kids parent themselves. The media is doing a good job too. There's nothing Wade could have done but to support his kid. It's America, if you can't encourage it, don't do or say anything against it.
I just imagined going home to tell my parents I'm Trans. LMFAO. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
SmooshCHN:
That's what happens when the norm is letting your kids parent themselves. The media is doing a good job too. There's nothing Wade could have done but to support his kid. It's America, if you can't encourage it, don't do or say anything against it.
Loool at the end of the day some people queerness too strong. Nothing you can do about it, but in others the kid is purely acting in innocence maybe due to environment but it's now your job as a parent to step in and correct.

Honestly it's his kid at the end of the day, if he wants to be a lamp post all well and good it's not our place to tell him what to do. Where I always have problems with the Alphabet and Pronoun police is where they try to project their own agenda or opinions on how others would like to raise their kids.

A lady on my timeline tweeted how she would not let her son of 5 dress like a princess and the She/her he/him police were at her throat in typical lynch mob fashion
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
SmooshCHN:
i don't understand the psychology behind it at all. And I don't want to. Abeg. Lmao at telling your parents...tear you to pieces!
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
SmooshCHN:

I do not think they are looking at the roots of the issue though. The higher suicide rates amongst transgender people should tell us that the solution to their sexuality problem may not be in changing gender.

There may be deeper mental and psycho-sexual issues at play here resulting in the brain misfiring at or around its sexual/sexuality functions.

You see, the part of the brain that regulates sexual functions(hypothalamus) is seated too close to the emotional part of the brain(amygdala). Emotional disturbances or dysfunctions can distort sexual functions-sexuality.

Without the resolution of the deeper cause of the distortion, the person will still be lost and warped mentally, no matter how we engineer the transgendering.

What do I know? I am but a lay man o.

2nd base jare.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 21, 2019
steady986:

People that want to be LeBron and carry the load of their team are breaking down one by one. Giannis next

I'm blaming you for this one.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
Tundesam923:

You think thats crazy? I'll see your d wade and i raise you charlize theron.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2019
I don't know what this stubborn old man is trying to prove by playing every single game. Take your time off, no one in the league deserves more load management than you. You want to shame your detractors, no better way than hibernating and saving it for the playoffs.

I just hope he takes as much time as he needs and learns from this. The Lakers have piled up wins, they can afford to lose a few.

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:19am On Dec 22, 2019
Stubborn old man grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 22, 2019
DeeMain:

I do not think they are looking at the roots of the issue though. The higher suicide rates amongst transgender people should tell us that the solution to their sexuality problem may not be in changing gender.

There may be deeper mental and psycho-sexual issues at play here resulting in the brain misfiring at or around its sexual/sexuality functions.

You see, the part of the brain that regulates sexual functions(hypothalamus) is seated too close to the emotional part of the brain(amygdala). Emotional disturbances or dysfunctions can distort sexual functions-sexuality.

Without the resolution of the deeper cause of the distortion, the person will still be lost and warped mentally, no matter how we engineer the transgendering.

What do I know? I am but a lay man o.

2nd base jare.

Gender identity is different from sexuality. Sometimes people see themselves or feel differently to their physical attributes or how people perceive them. For instance, even though i was born into the body of a male hamitic human, i identify as a chinese dragon.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:27am On Dec 22, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

You think thats crazy? I'll see your d wade and i raise you charlize theron.
Lmaoooo how do you let a 7 year old choose their gender? This is absolute fuckery. Why stop there? Let them drive and get jobs too.

We're in really weird times

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:36am On Dec 22, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Gender identity is different from sexuality. Sometimes people see themselves or feel differently to their physical attributes or how people perceive them. For instance, even though i was born into the body of a male hamitic human, i identify as a chinese dragon.

I have grouped all those into sexual functions-sexuality. If your hypothalamus regulates your sexual functions as female even though you are a man, you will start seeing yourself as a woman.

The question I tried to address is what could have made the hypothalamus mis-regulate? What could have engineered this gender identity crisis? Could it be related to emotional disturbances at the level of the amygdala?

Now, this is an important question because if the latter is true, embracing your gayness or becoming a transgender will still not bring you the much needed peace. You will still be emotionally disturbed or imbalanced.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:44am On Dec 22, 2019
DeeMain:

I have grouped all those into sexual functions-sexuality. If your hypothalamus regulates your sexual functions as female even though you are a man, you will start seeing yourself as a woman.

The question I tried to address is what could have made my hypothalamus mis-regulate? What could have engineered this gender identity crisis? Could it be related to emotional disturbances at the level of the amygdala?
She legit raised the kid as a girl. This case is a simple one.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:48am On Dec 22, 2019
steady986:

I'm just saying. I don't wish it on them, but I predicted it early in the season. Watch Giannis go out with a medium term injury.

steady986:

People that want to be LeBron and carry the load of their team are breaking down one by one. Giannis next
Shey you can see your life now? Oponu agbalagba
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:52am On Dec 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
She legit raised the kid as a girl. This case is a simple one.

Yeah, I read somewhere they saw that he had zero boyish vibe growing up and so they indulged him.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:55am On Dec 22, 2019
A40:
Loool at the end of the day some people queerness too strong. Nothing you can do about it, but in others the kid is purely acting in innocence maybe due to environment but it's now your job as a parent to step in and correct.

Honestly it's his kid at the end of the day, if he wants to be a lamp post all well and good it's not our place to tell him what to do. Where I always have problems with the Alphabet and Pronoun police is where they try to project their own agenda or opinions on how others would like to raise their kids.

A lady on my timeline tweeted how she would not let her son of 5 dress like a princess and the She/her he/him police were at her throat in typical lynch mob fashion
I'm supposed to learn over 44 gender pronouns so I don't offend someone and maintain a safe workspace. Lmao. The bullying is what stresses me. You could lose your livelihood over one pronoun or an opinion they find offensive. Majority of the problem is psychological as Deemain said. Preferred pronouns and all that thing they love to do can't fix it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:57am On Dec 22, 2019
A40:

Shey you can see your life now? Oponu agbalagba
Stop it. You didn't expect him to apologize or take back his words like a man did you?
Karma and Time are really friends.
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:03am On Dec 22, 2019
VaughnSangrey:
I don't know what this stubborn old man is trying to prove by playing every single game. Take your time off, no one in the league deserves more load management than you. You want to shame your detractors, no better way than hibernating and saving it for the playoffs.

I just hope he takes as much time as he needs and learns from this. The Lakers have piled up wins, they can afford to lose a few.
The chase or pressure to take over the league is my guess as to why they are doing this. How many days ago did LeBron talk about load management? Davis had that shoulder injury and played through it. LeBron did the same with the strain. They need to load manage where necessary. LeBron is a tank and there's no need to be worried but the Lakers need to play it safe going forward.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:03am On Dec 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I'm supposed to learn over 44 gender pronouns so I don't offend someone and maintain a safe workspace. Lmao. The bullying is what stresses me. You could lose your livelihood over one pronoun or an opinion they find offensive. Majority of the problem is psychological as Deemain said. Preferred pronouns and all that thing they love to do can't fix it.

Gbam!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:05am On Dec 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Stop it. You didn't expect him to apologize or take back his words like a man did you?
Karma and Time are really friends.
grin grin
I was shocked that a supposed fan of the game would utter such a silly statement so boldly and double down on it. I always want everybody healthy so excuses no go dey

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:15am On Dec 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
If you prefer to be addressed as a lamp post e no kuku concern me. The part that does my head in is this mentality that everyone must conform and allowing your kids to parent you.

If I feel my boy child acting like a girl at age 5 is undesirable what is wrong with me trying to correct a clear anomaly. Why would you ambush anyone for not being ok with their son in a princess outfit
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:22am On Dec 22, 2019
DeeMain:

Gbam!
That being said, I'll respect everyone equally regardless of their beliefs, sexuality and choices but I don't want it forced down my throat. Forcing it on kids is just unfair. With the way these young guys are playing, the NBA is in good hands. Well deserved.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:24am On Dec 22, 2019
Hornets broke my heart sha. sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:31am On Dec 22, 2019
Congrats to L. Doncic, kid is at the verge of signing a 5 year contract with the Nike Air Jordan brand. Well deserved!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:32am On Dec 22, 2019
A40:
If you prefer to be addressed as a lamp post e no kuku concern me. The part that does my head in is this mentality that everyone must conform and allowing your kids to parent you.

If I feel my boy child acting like a girl at age 5 is undesirable what is wrong with me trying to correct a clear anomaly. Why would you ambush anyone for not being ok with their son in a princess outfit
Sometimes I think all these is because they have no problems and too much freedom.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:33am On Dec 22, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Your MCM is hustling that MVP sooo bad!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:41am On Dec 22, 2019
Roland17:
Congrats to L. Doncic, kid is at the verge of signing a 5 year contract with the Nike Air Jordan brand. Well deserved!
Too bad he's a European. The NBA is not Real Madrid. You guys are just a prisoner of the moment and are just crowning him for no reason. Let's see if Nike keeps up with the deal when he finally slows down. cheesy

Yomi96 is somewhere trying to change his mind on Luka. It's not too late to come out. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:43am On Dec 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Too bad he's a European and thought the NBA is Real Madrid. You guys are just a prisoner of the moment and are just crowning him for no reason. Let's see if Nike keeps up with the deal when he finally slows down. cheesy

Yomi96 is somewhere trying to change his mind on Luka. It's not too late to come out. grin

I swear I cracked out loud after I read this your post!! For real bro...
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:59am On Dec 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
That being said, I'll respect everyone equally regardless of their beliefs, sexuality and choices but I don't want it forced down my throat. Forcing it on kids is just unfair. With the way these young guys are playing, the NBA is in good hands. Well deserved.

Me too! I actually do respect and do understand them.

However, I am a solution-wired kind of person. I just feel that we/the world is not addressing the real issue and therefore the current movement is not the solution.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:00am On Dec 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Hornets broke my heart sha. sad
Lool did you stake on the freaking Hornets??
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:05am On Dec 22, 2019
Trae Young embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: aliondo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.