Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625051 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
alexxiswrites:
Of course they are. It's even in recent times more emphasis is placed on what they can do offensively because basketball is becoming more of an all round sport with players taking on more roles.
Bro I don't know what you're talking. Big men have always been for offense as well. From Wilt to Kareem to Shaq and to Embiid
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Dominant offensively? Are you kidding me? The guy scores 15 points on the average. You come carry rebound enter the thing. Boy o Boy you don dabaru this thing oooo. cheesy. How about i try to be much clearer. The original argument was related to scoring. One is clearly by far better than the other when it comes to scoring. I gave you one example. Hakeem. You can go and check his stats. He was shooting 20% from 3. And i tell you he was more lethal than AD from the midrange. AD can only dream to be as multifaceted as the Dream was. cheesy.
steady986:

I mentioned defense just so you won't pick one over the other because one is clearly better in defense. It's the offensive styles I'm particular about. Gobert is dominant in the paint offensively, whether it's offensive rebounds or put-backs or dunks. The reason he doesn't score a lot of points is because he's not his team's primary focus on offense.

AD on the other hand is more midrange to 3 pointer, in addition to being dominant in the paint. It's obvious that teams would want the guy who can do more.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
Only recently? How recently? You mean as recent as the 80s? cheesy. Where were you when the centers like Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq e.t.c were the go to offensively. I included Shaq cos he played in the 90s too. But come to think of it, you may not be wrong. We can only mention a handful of centers who were great offensively. cheesy.We can not say the same for centers generally.
alexxiswrites:
Of course they are. It's even in recent times more emphasis is placed on what they can do offensively because basketball is becoming more of an all round sport with players taking on more roles.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
SIRcumalot:
Since NBA teams prefer to give up Mid-range shots instead of layups and threes.
It would seem like going after mid range maestro like derozan or LMA would be the smart move. Probably hasn't happen for some reason.
DeRozan issa mental midget. I wouldn't want him in my team come playoff time

His defense is sub par and what's worse he flats out refuses to shoot the 3. Or worse allows another player on the team to outshoot him despite being the primary scorer

Look at Kawhi. He took 24 shots but attempted 4 3's. The previous game he attempted 7 from 20+ shots. He knows how to mix up

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
This Tea Cooper LA Sparks babe. Alhamdulilahi shocked shocked

Liz Cambage you have competition
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:06am On Aug 23, 2020
A40:
This Tea Cooper LA Sparks babe. Alhamdulilahi shocked shocked

Liz Cambage you have competition

That's Dwight Howard's Chic. Well the last time I heard amyways so unless they've separated, Dwight is the dude smashing.

You like Liz?
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 12:07am On Aug 23, 2020
Like Play like play, The broom is getting ready for that OKC team grin. I expected them to lose the series, but a sweep ? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11am On Aug 23, 2020
chic2pimp:

That's Dwight Howard's Chic. Well the last time I heard amyways so unless they've separated, Dwight is the dude smashing.

You like Liz?
I thought they said Dwight plays for the other team on the DL. Anyways she is really hot.

Do I like Liz? See question.

Re: The NBA Begins by JayBasic(m): 12:20am On Aug 23, 2020
Wow!! 6 years on NL didn't know there was an interesting NBA thread like this.

Anyways expecting Miami to come out of the East. Jimmy Butler and Bam ...fuego!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 12:25am On Aug 23, 2020
JayBasic:
Wow!! 6 years on NL didn't know there was an interesting NBA thread like this.

Anyways expecting Miami to come out of the East. Jimmy Butler and Bam ...fuego!!
I doubt this prediction die baba. If Middleton does not show up, yes Miami has a slim chance against the Bucks, but they will still have to face the celtics or the raptors. I would not bet on Miami
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2020
A40:
I thought they said Dwight plays for the other team on the DL. Anyways she is really hot.

Do I like Liz? See question.

Well that's the rumour. Sooner rather than later, the truth shall be revealed. Tbh I think worse case scenario, He is Bi. Simply put, He has been through a lot of thots not to like women.

Maybe it's the Height sha. If she was like 6- 6"1, then my opinion might be different.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:33am On Aug 23, 2020
chic2pimp:

Well that's the rumour. Sooner rather than later, the truth shall be revealed. Tbh I think worse case scenario, He is Bi. Simply put, He has been through a lot of thots not to like women.

Maybe it's the Height sha. If she was like 6- 6"1, then my opinion might be different.
With that access to so many Peng women. If that's really his babe then I don't know what he's looking for upandan

Liz is the coldest bro. 6'7-6'8 tower of perfection
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:59am On Aug 23, 2020
A40:
With that access to so many Peng women. If that's really his babe then I don't know what he's looking for upandan

Liz is the coldest bro. 6'7-6'8 tower of perfection

Imagine me following Men upandan with the quality of babes at His disposal? Nope could not be me.

Just seen one pic of hers now. The body set die sha. I think Had she been 6 inches shorter, I would have took notice earlier. Her papa nah Naija man sef
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 1:47am On Aug 23, 2020
Okc - rockets tied 8 seconds to go. Dayummm
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 1:56am On Aug 23, 2020
Okc is really killing it in Overtime. The rockets seem unable to get their act together. Seems like a 2-1 tonight
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:02am On Aug 23, 2020
Why has Camelo waited till the tail end of his career before deciding to actually exert himself defensively. cheesy. I have a feeling this game won't look good for the lakers. AD is already shooting terribly from the free throw line.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:02am On Aug 23, 2020
Afromentalist:
Okc is really killing it in Overtime. The rockets seem unable to get their act together. Seems like a 2-1 tonight

I love the adjustment in the 4th Q by Donovan. Dort did had excellent job guarding J. Harden throughout the game but I love the fact that Harden did not settle for just 3's because he continued to drive to the bucket. The Thunder moved the ball better in the 3rd, settled for higher percentage shots and reacted better to the Houston rotation by switching match ups way better than they did in the first 3 Q. This is not over by any strecth if the Thunder give a similar performance.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:06am On Aug 23, 2020
Roland17:

I love the adjustment in the 4th Q by Donovan. Dort did had excellent job guarding J. Harden throughout the game but I love the fact that Harden did not settle for just 3's because he continued to drive to the bucket. The Thunder moved the ball better in the 3rd, settled for higher percentage shots and reacted better to the Houston rotation by switching match ups way better than they did in the first 3 Q. This is not over by any strecth if the Thunder give a similar performance.

He is good defensively..just needs to improve offensively...my heart was literally in my mouth all thru... wink
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:06am On Aug 23, 2020
I must admit I did not see that coming. Fully expected the Rockets to go 3 Nil up. When is Westbrook back abeg? The Rockets need Him fit and firing ASAP.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:14am On Aug 23, 2020
aliondo:

He is good defensively..just needs to improve offensively...my heart was literally in my mouth all thru... wink

Under B. Donnovan you guys have drafted/recruited/developed very good perimeter/ 1v1 defenders. From A. Robinson to SGA and now L. Dort and all 3 need to get their offense going even though SGA is ahead of the curve. My only concern with stacking up these defenders is that it affects your perimeter offense and the depth in your bench offensively.

Dort looks good going to the bucket, he needs to stop settling for jumpers including 3's even when he is open. It will come, as long as he continues to work on it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:45am On Aug 23, 2020
AD is stinking up the joint with a piss poor first half showing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:02am On Aug 23, 2020
The Blazers are being ultra physical with AD and is not matching the demands of the physicality on the offensive end.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:26am On Aug 23, 2020
AD having a shocker thus far. The advantage of having 2 Genuine Uber Talents on one team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:37am On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:
Only recently? How recently? You mean as recent as the 80s? cheesy. Where were you when the centers like Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq e.t.c were the go to offensively. I included Shaq cos he played in the 90s too. But come to think of it, you may not be wrong. We can only mention a handful of centers who were great offensively. cheesy.We can not say the same for centers generally.

I will not say a handful, there are about 15-16 players who have played the Center position (even if not solely the 5 like Duncan) who are in the top 50 of the NBA in points scored.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:58am On Aug 23, 2020
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOBE!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Aug 23, 2020
OK AD..NOW I SEE YOU!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 4:10am On Aug 23, 2020
Roland17:
OK AD..NOW I SEE YOU!!!!!
I hope you Dey monitor Lebrons performance!!!

No talk later say, him done washed

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:14am On Aug 23, 2020
Afromentalist:

I hope you Dey monitor Lebrons performance!!!

No talk later say, him done washed

You need to go back a couple of pages to know my thoughts about LeBum this season, I say December/ January or before the season shut down. After you locate those posts, you may have a better angle to arguments. If anything this performance supports and lays credence to my position.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:18am On Aug 23, 2020
Playoff Lebron is back!!!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:18am On Aug 23, 2020
A40:
Who said he is happy or sad? We just saw AD dominate and LeNomad yet again played like pure w@nk but Bronsexuals like Nick Wright etc tried to change the narrative claiming he took a backseat.

No bruh. He played rubbish and AD saved the day

LeKing: 38 12 8 whats your story for today? Front seat, abi na middle seat? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:20am On Aug 23, 2020
chic2pimp:
I must admit I did not see that coming. Fully expected the Rockets to go 3 Nil up. When is Westbrook back abeg? The Rockets need Him fit and firing ASAP.

I didnt even watch the game as I was expecting easy 3-0. Imagine my shock! CP3 is trying to play spoiler. We need to come out next game and flog them. Make them lose hope forever angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:21am On Aug 23, 2020
AD came through in the end. Great Game from Bron Today. He needs to continue giving the kind of performance if the Lakers are to have any chance.

How did the Blazers loose so many games in the Regular season? On the evidence of the first 3 games, I am impressed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: aliondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.