Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624966 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:22am On Aug 23, 2020
Anytime folks talk shiit about LeBron he comes right back and gives them eggs in their faces. Keep it going.
LeBron is king of the NBA. How hard is it for y'all to understand this? You keep questioning his approach to every single game. Y'all trippin for real.

Playoff Bron activated!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 4:24am On Aug 23, 2020
birdman:

LeKing: 38 12 8 whats your story for today? Front seat, abi na middle seat? grin

In 34:29 minutes

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:31am On Aug 23, 2020
birdman:

I didnt even watch the game as I was expecting easy 3-0. Imagine my shock! CP3 is trying to play spoiler. We need to come out next game and flog them. Make them lose hope forever angry

LOOOL...It looks like CP3 might have listened to A40's misyarns. He had a Pretty good game.

Depending on How the next game goes, you Guys might have to rush back Rus. Most especially if Dort keeps on guarding well enough. I don't think you can afford to go 3-2 down.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:35am On Aug 23, 2020
birdman:

LeKing: 38 12 8 whats your story for today? Front seat, abi na middle seat? grin
People always bashing Bron prematurely.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 4:36am On Aug 23, 2020
Roland17:

You need to go back a couple of pages to know my thoughts about LeBum this season, I say December/ January or before the season shut down. After you locate those posts, you may have a better angle to arguments. If anything this performance supports and lays credence to my position.
I am not trying to argue here about some old discussion you guys might have had (which I doubt I was a part and parcel being relatively new in this forum/topic).

Also far from me the idea to absolutely convince you to like or change your mind on Lebron. That’s not my goal, people are free to Bleep with whoever they want.

I’m referring to a specific recent allegation of yours! I challenged you to pin point the specific comment by any of us claiming Lebron is carrying AD. You did not.

Some of you also seemed to write Lebron off because of an average game. That’s what I am talking about.

Your views and tastes about Lebron are totally yours and you are entitled to have them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 4:38am On Aug 23, 2020
chic2pimp:
AD came through in the end. Great Game from Bron Today. He needs to continue giving the kind of performance if the Lakers are to have any chance.

How did the Blazers loose so many games in the Regular season? On the evidence of the first 3 games, I am impressed.
The Blazzer can ball for Africa. Dayumm especially on the offensive end.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:40am On Aug 23, 2020
Afromentalist:

I am not trying to argue here about some old discussion you guys might have had (which I doubt I was a part and parcel being relatively new in this forum/topic).

Also far from me the idea to absolutely convince you to like or change your mind on Lebron. That’s not my goal, people are free to Bleep with whoever they want.

I’m referring to a specific recent allegation of yours! I challenged you to pin point the specific comment by any of us claiming Lebron is carrying AD. You did not.

Some of you also seemed to write Lebron off because of an average game. That’s what I am talking about.

Your views and tastes about Lebron are totally ours and you are entitled to have them.
I mean, in a game where the blowout began from the second quarter, they expected LeBron to expend all his energy to score 30 points. Who is he trying to impress?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:51am On Aug 23, 2020
chic2pimp:
AD came through in the end. Great Game from Bron Today. He needs to continue giving the kind of performance if the Lakers are to have any chance.

How did the Blazers loose so many games in the Regular season? On the evidence of the first 3 games, I am impressed.

But thats the whole point - you do NOT want Lebron to shoulder the scoring load. At this age, he is deadlier as a facilitator. If he gets 3 shooters hot, and each scores only 6pts more, that is an extra 20 points. Completely changes the game to a blowout vs just Lebron dropping 40 in a tight game. And this is what haters in their rush to take a shot at Lebron refuse to see. You want a 25PT 8RB 10+AS Lebron. There are many other things he does on the floor that shows up only in +/- of his teammates

Blazers lose a lot of games because Dame plays the same way every game. He has not gotten much better in the last few years. If you have guards who can match his athleticism, you can prepare game plan for him, absorb his scoring and deliver a loss to them. Sometimes CJ will step up and they win anyways. Other times CJ gets streaky like all jump shooters and they lose. With the bigs they have, its actually a bad thing that they are so guard dominant. Nurkic and Whiteside are not been used well so far imo.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:11am On Aug 23, 2020
birdman:

I didnt even watch the game as I was expecting easy 3-0. Imagine my shock! CP3 is trying to play spoiler. We need to come out next game and flog them. Make them lose hope forever angry

E no go happen grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:12am On Aug 23, 2020
Roland17:

Under B. Donnovan you guys have drafted/recruited/developed very good perimeter/ 1v1 defenders. From A. Robinson to SGA and now L. Dort and all 3 need to get their offense going even though SGA is ahead of the curve. My only concern with stacking up these defenders is that it affects your perimeter offense and the depth in your bench offensively.

Dort looks good going to the bucket, he needs to stop settling for jumpers including 3's even when he is open. It will come, as long as he continues to work on it.

Very salient point you made there
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 6:18am On Aug 23, 2020
birdman:

But thats the whole point - you do NOT want Lebron to shoulder the scoring load. At this age, he is deadlier as a facilitator. If he gets 3 shooters hot, and each scores only 6pts more, that is an extra 20 points. Completely changes the game to a blowout vs just Lebron dropping 40 in a tight game. And this is what haters in their rush to take a shot at Lebron refuse to see. You want a 25PT 8RB 10+AS Lebron. There are many other things he does on the floor that shows up only in +/- of his teammates

Blazers lose a lot of games because Dame plays the same way every game. He has not gotten much better in the last few years. If you have guards who can match his athleticism, you can prepare game plan for him, absorb his scoring and deliver a loss to them. Sometimes CJ will step up and they win anyways. Other times CJ gets streaky like all jump shooters and they lose. With the bigs they have, its actually a bad thing that they are so guard dominant. Nurkic and Whiteside are not been used well so far imo.

Not entirely Lillard and CJ's fault in my opinion. Nurkic and Whiteside were already lethargic by the 3rd quarter and this continued into the 4th. Also, they don't have enough depth in their bench at this point to match the Lakers.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 6:27am On Aug 23, 2020
The Danny Green-Lebron-Howard-Davis on-the-floor defense tonight was a scary thing to watch. Damn!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:37am On Aug 23, 2020
DeeMain:
The Danny Green-Lebron-Howard-Davis on-the-floor defense tonight was a scary thing to watch. Damn!
I'd take Caruso on D over Danny. Danny can be lethargic sometimes.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:
Only recently? How recently? You mean as recent as the 80s? cheesy. Where were you when the centers like Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq e.t.c were the go to offensively. I included Shaq cos he played in the 90s too. But come to think of it, you may not be wrong. We can only mention a handful of centers who were great offensively. cheesy.We can not say the same for centers generally.
Have you bothered to check their defensive records?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 23, 2020
steady986:

Bro I don't know what you're talking. Big men have always been for offense as well. From Wilt to Kareem to Shaq and to Embiid
These men are vital in protecting their low post. Check out how many boards they have. Blocks too. Match em up with the points!
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2020
steady986:

I'd take Caruso on D over Danny. Danny can be lethargic sometimes.

His problem is consistent inconsistency. But today he delivered. That's the old playoff Danny doing his thing defense wise.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2020
DeeMain:

His problem is consitent inconsistency. But today he delivered. That's the old playoff Danny doing his thing defense wise.
That block on Dame at the end though, oooofffff
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2020
alexxiswrites:
These men are vital in protecting their low post. Check out how many boards they have. Blocks too. Match em up with the points!
In the NBA today there are more big men with points than boards, even if you accord 1 point per basket.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2020
True. The 'handful talk' was an understatement cheesy.
Khanben:

I will not say a handful, there are about 15-16 players who have played the Center position (even if not solely the 5 like Duncan) who are in the top 50 of the NBA in points scored.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
He was not referriing to you per say. He was just talking as per the general opinion of Lebron's fans which is obviously all over both mainstream and social media. And most times it's not explicit. When AD scores less he has to be more aggressive. Lebron always makes the right basketball play. If you make a basketball play in the lead up to a loss, you must partake in the blames. This talk that oh Lebron had a triple double he was trying ot get his other team mates involved. What the heck! I am sure a player of average IQ can realize it when his teamates are shootinh poorly let alone Lebron. No one cares if you pass yourself out of shooting rythm. As the incredible17 year veteran that he is, he surely should know how to mix it up, to ensure he stays in rythm. Whenever Lebron passes the shooters must score. cheesy, as if his passes are conjured. It doesn't matter who passes, i can only give what i have. In the first game for example, the talk was about AD not being aggressive and his other teammates shooting badly. Sorry but the last i checked Lebron has been shooting badly too. So maybe you should aknowledge that he's mortal and he errs too.
Afromentalist:

Your views and tastes about Lebron are totally yours and you are entitled to have them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:
He was not referriing to you per say....
Baba you are mixing things up here. First off I never said he was talking about me. I said he should pin point any comment by ANY OF US who claimed LeBron is carrying AD. That’s the bone of contention.

Now what you say about LeBron not being perfect and having issues, again who disputed that here ?

I have a single specific unique particular peculiar identified issue. LeBron having a bad game 2 is not enough reason to claim he is thread as that niggar.

THAT is the issue and the bone of contention.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
Afromentalist:

[b]I’m referring to a specific recent allegation of yours! [/b]I challenged you to pin point the specific comment by any of us claiming Lebron is carrying AD. You did not.

Afromentalist:

Baba you are mixing things up here. First off I never said he was talking about me. I said he should pin point any comment by ANY OF US who claimed LeBron is carrying AD. That’s the bone of contention.

Now what you say about LeBron not being perfect and having issues, again who disputed that here ?

I have a single specific unique particular peculiar identified issue. LeBron having a bad game 2 is not enough reason to claim he is thread as that niggar.

Did you just say recent?

If you are not willing to argue/engage me on old arguments, how are you able to make conclusive arguments about the position of handles here on old topics, especially when you are choosing not to teach yourself? More importantly, this is not a recent discussion and there is no place in that post where I aluded it was one and that is why I asked you to educate yourself by scrolling back so you can understand better the position of many handles here.

This has been an ongoing discussion since the day AD moved to the Lakers, it even pitched LeBum's critics against eachother. This is not even about LeBum's performance from this season's post season like you are opining.

On a different note, for example, check the date and time of my attached post and tell me what you see!!! Did LeBum's performance last night not buttress the thought behind that post? That post was made 7 months ago fam!

1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Afromentalist:

As @Roland17 himself suggested you may have to scroll back to keep abreast with the history of our discussion on Lebron. Moreso it's become a norm that Lebron fans talk down his role in his team's loss, year in year out.

By default we all understand he's mortal. My problem is his teammates get the lion share of the blame when his team loses. I know this at least from what's discussed on mainstream media. In fact the Bronsexuals here have been doing the same.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Afromentalist:

As @Roland17 himself suggested you may have to scroll back to keep abreast with the history of our discussion on Lebron. Moreso it's become a norm that Lebron fans talk down his role in his team's loss, year in year out.

I have a single specific unique particular peculiar identified issue. LeBron having a bad game 2 is not enough reason to claim [b]he is thread as that niggar.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
birdman:

I no really dey the salaye business.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
birdman:

Loool calm down bros. How will you have them play? You want them to rely on Hasan Whiteside?

The playoffs is about giving every game what it needs. By being more aggressive he won more FTs, slowed the tempo of the game and the outcome became a lot more favorable.

Game 2, AD played well and LeNomad escaped with his poor showing as AD bailed him out. Call it what it is without unnecessary spinaroonie. Had AD not showed up the Lakers would have lost. So don't act like he fell back or something. He was 4/11 with 6 TOs. He played crap!

Lmaoooo all this story ko necesstri. The Lakers are and were the favorites going into this series and last night they essentially beat a Blazers team that was literally 6 deep, unless you consider Mario Hezonja and Simons playoff quality.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2020
A40:
I no really dey the salaye business.
No need to shalaye.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Happy birthday to the Kobe. Hurts every day

A40:
Make I bend if this Portland take Lakers to Game 6. They couldn't stop a Tree

Reminder. So I no understand the gloating when una dey expected to win
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
steady986:
No need to shalaye.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:
He was not referriing to you per say. He was just talking as per the general opinion of Lebron's fans which is obviously all over both mainstream and social media. And most times it's not explicit. When AD scores less he has to be more aggressive. Lebron always makes the right basketball play. If you make a basketball play in the lead up to a loss, you must partake in the blames. This talk that oh Lebron had a triple double he was trying ot get his other team mates involved. What the heck! I am sure a player of average IQ can realize it when his teamates are shootinh poorly let alone Lebron. No one cares if you pass yourself out of shooting rythm. As the incredible17 year veteran that he is, he surely should know how to mix it up, to ensure he stays in rythm. Whenever Lebron passes the shooters must score. cheesy, as if his passes are conjured. It doesn't matter who passes, i can only give what i have. In the first game for example, the talk was about AD not being aggressive and his other teammates shooting badly. Sorry but the last i checked Lebron has been shooting badly too. So maybe you should aknowledge that he's mortal and he errs too.
None of his fans blamed AD for not being aggressive, it's haters like you that did that, so stop trying to turn it around like we were the ones who came up with that AD need to be aggressive shiiit. The only thing we complained about was poor shooting, including AD. And it's not lack of effort that made The Lakers lose the game that day, it's simply poor shooting. Guys were missing wide open shots, especially KCP who went 0 for 9. So how ever you want to spin it, a guy who amassed 23 points, 16 assists and 17 rebounds in a loss is not to blame. Pick someone else.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
First picture is from yesterday. LeBron scored a game high 38 points, 12 rebounds and 8 assists. But look at the measly plus minus beside it...+2

Second frame is from his 10-point game 3 days ago. He had a +/- of +23.

For for someone who has never bounced a basketball in his life to come here and dictate how LeBron should play his game is buffoonery of the highest order. There are different ways to impact a game other than scoring. That's the reason why MJ is their goat. They are blind to all other aspects of the game, they just want the guy who scores the most. Pathetic box score fans

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
steady986:

None of his fans blamed AD for not being aggressive, it's haters like you that did that, so stop trying to turn it around like we were the ones who came up with that AD need to be aggressive shiiit.
Whenever i mention AD's lack of aggression it's cos we expect him to be better given his talent/opponent. It's not in relation to Lebron. The mainstream/social media on the other hand would rather blame his teammates than mention the fact that he was poor too
The only thing we complained about was poor shooting, including AD. And it's not lack of effort that made The Lakers lose the game that day, it's simply poor shooting.
Guys were missing wide open shots, especially KCP who went 0 for 9
What a bunch of crap. Why would you keep giving the ball to someone that's missed 5 open shots. Perhaps his poor shooting was what affected his teammates. The third game for example he was efficient, and that trickled down to his teammates. They shot the ball better.
So how ever you want to spin it, a guy who amassed 23 points, 16 assists and 17 rebounds in a loss is not to blame.Pick someone else
He shot terrible and it's as simple as that. Perhaps he began throwing the ball to his teammates when he realized he's been shooting the ball poorly. This is exactly my point. He's not to blame cos he amassed 16 assists? To this i say yes he deserves some of the blame. Stat padder. Didn't he realize he may have to carry more of the scoring load given his teammates were poor. How many assists did he rack up in game 3, in which they won? 8 assists. That was half of what he had in the first game where they lost by about the same amount. So racking up 20 assists doesn't make you blameless when you lose. Cos it means there's something you didn't do well, which may include stat padding-Racking up 16 assists. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.