Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630638 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Abeg, Warriors had Mark Jackson before Steve Kerr and there was a big difference. What was he doing before he became the head coach? Steve Nash deserves every chance he gets. He's a highly cerebral player and isn't new to coaching. Just let things be.
I listed like 5 black coaches who got jobs with little or no coaching experience. Nobody cried privilege when David Blatt was schemed out of the job and it was given to Ty Lue. When Magic won his first title and ran the coach out of town.

You have the Pacers, Bulls, Pelicans, Sixers still looking for coaches. What's the whining about?

How many black coaches can we confidently point out have acquitted themselves well enough in their respective jobs? How many were given opportunities that didn't disappoint? Is it Gentry? Is it Fisher? Kidd? Brown? Isiah Thomas? Which of them didn't fail

Abeg these people will not focus on real problems and would rather whine and lament
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
steady986:
Nick Wright was absolutely spot on about the Steve Nash hire. That's one of the reasons I love to listen to him; he brings facts only. The league is made of 20% white athletes, and there are 7 current coaches who are former players, and only 2 of them are black. I mean, what are the odds? It's clear that something is at play here. It might not necessarily be racism outrightly, but it's certainly white privilege. Why didn't Isiah Thomas just walk into the job for instance? Or Allen Iverson. It's only a white man that can walk into that kind of job without an iota coaching experience.

Love to see it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
steady986:
Nick Wright was absolutely spot on about the Steve Nash hire. That's one of the reasons I love to listen to him; he brings facts only. The league is made of 20% white athletes, and there are 7 current coaches who are former players, and only 2 of them are black. I mean, what are the odds? It's clear that something is at play here. It might not necessarily be racism outrightly, but it's certainly white privilege. Why didn't Isiah Thomas just walk into the job for instance? Or Allen Iverson. It's only a white man that can walk into that kind of job without an iota coaching experience.
Allen Iverson?

shocked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Didn’t thomas once coached the Nick or was it President?

wasn’t it a disaster?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Yeah..I feel saddened by how we left the playoffs but I'm super proud of this team for fighting to the end.
In general,it's been a great playoff with good officiating tbh (would have loved Eruditor's opinion on this) and the teams have given us good games...I want the best team to win.
Birdman, you're not getting one over me again if we meet next in the playoffs,lolz smiley but congrats man..Roland,your boys have been amazing and A40,pls continue with your great analysis..

#ThunderUp

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:43am On Sep 05, 2020
If only Jimmy butler has been hitting his free throws angry this game would be over by now.
Meanwhile what's with coach bud and restricting Giannis's minutes
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:02am On Sep 05, 2020
Your MVP missing an open layup with his team down 9 with 40 seconds to go. You hate to see it. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:03am On Sep 05, 2020
Miami owns these people's souls. Philly really shat the bed letting Butler go.

This Bucks team na fraud though. While the game was close their collective buttcheeks was tightening you could tell no one wanted the smoke. Such a fraud of a team. The minute the Heat went on that run they folded. All of them

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:04am On Sep 05, 2020
donlittle25:
Allen Iverson?

shocked

I no fit laugh grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:07am On Sep 05, 2020
A40:

This Bucks team na fraud though. While the game was close their collective buttcheeks was tightening you could tell no one wanted the smoke. Such a fraud of a team. The minute the Heat went on that run they folded. All of them

Giannis has not performed this post season. He has been very poor, there is 2 ways to put it. We have been very hard on the others but Giannis has not showed up.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:08am On Sep 05, 2020
I swear I have never seen a bunch of mental midgets starting with coach bud
Who remembers the 60 win atalanta that was swept by LeBron.
Na for regular season them go dy flex muscle
A40:

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:14am On Sep 05, 2020
The Raptors needed a win down 0-2, so Nick Nurse played Kyle Lowry 46 minutes, OG Anunoby 45 minutes, and Fred VanVleet 41 minutes.

The Bucks needed a win down 0-2, so Mike Budenholzer played Giannis Antetokounmpo (soon-to-be two-time MVP) 35 minutes ... again.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 2:14am On Sep 05, 2020
It's like Giannis was injured. His ankle. May have contributed to his below par performance and the number of minutes he played.

The Bucks folded, 4th quarter. They have no soul.

The Heat! Who would have thought? A broom! Damn!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:20am On Sep 05, 2020
The 'MVP' of the league is about to get swept. When I argued that there is no way Giannis is MVP ahead of LeBron folks started bringing me skewed stats like PER and rebounds. I mean, there's loads of shitty teams in the east for you to be able to amass those stats.

Think about this for a second: Beal and Tray both averaged 29 points in the east despite having a shitty record. Lavine averaged 25. Everybody who averaged more than 25 in the west is either in the playoffs or was in playoff contention. It's very easy to get great numbers in east.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:10am On Sep 05, 2020
donlittle25:
Didn’t thomas once coached the Nick or was it President?

wasn’t it a disaster?
He's persona non grata over there. I don't know who keeps pushing these crazy narratives that black coaches don't get opportunities with little coaching experience
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:17am On Sep 05, 2020
etidy:
The Raptors needed a win down 0-2, so Nick Nurse played Kyle Lowry 46 minutes, OG Anunoby 45 minutes, and Fred VanVleet 41 minutes.

The Bucks needed a win down 0-2, so Mike Budenholzer played Giannis Antetokounmpo (soon-to-be two-time MVP) 35 minutes ... again.
Only God knows what he's keeping Giannis for. Maybe there's another postseason that we don't know about. A bit bizarre that he and Middleton sat for 12 full minutes

I won't put the loss down to Giannis's minutes today though. They were up 12 entering the 4th but somehow contrived to score 13 points the entire 4th quarter. They couldn't get a free throw because everyone was too pussy to go hard in the paint.

I don't see the use of a Bledsoe or Middleton especially Middleton if he can't go get a bucket in a tight half court game like this (since we already know Giannis na liability) The Bucks had nobody who could go 3 straight possessions on offense. Nobody wanted the smoke
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:18am On Sep 05, 2020
Omo. James Harden is not here for games or your king

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:23am On Sep 05, 2020
This Rockets team is like the Blazers team, except they actually do some work defensively. Can this go to 7? cheesy.Abi na initial gragra. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:31am On Sep 05, 2020
Roland17:

Giannis has not performed this post season. He has been very poor, there is 2 ways to put it. We have been very hard on the others but Giannis has not showed up.
It's almost like Giannis has checked out mentally. I'm not seeing that alpha dog mentality at all. Too much coach coach instead of focusing on his own weaknesses. He's been all over the place, perhaps he has seen that this thing pass him power and wants to japa.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:44am On Sep 05, 2020
See how efficient Harden looks when he's not spamming 3's. Really unless you're Steph or Klay you shouldn't be taking more than 5 3's a game in key playoff battles as the #1 scoring option
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:09am On Sep 05, 2020
Lakers can't stop a nosebleed right now. You can't be trading Buckets with this rocket team whose guards are all in their bag tonight. Their size being nullified completely
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:12am On Sep 05, 2020
Westbrook no go kee pesin!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:23am On Sep 05, 2020
Make Lakers go dey prepare for Game 2. If Eric Gordon is balling like MJ then all hope is lost for the Lakers. You can't have all 3 balling
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:37am On Sep 05, 2020
The Rockets continue to play some very good defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:40am On Sep 05, 2020
DeeMain:
The Bucks folded, 4th quarter. They have no soul.

The Heat! Who would have thought? A broom! Damn!

No two ways about this. They completely folded.

Roland17:

Yup!....He has certainly been piss poor. The buck stops with Him and Coach Bud. There is something just not sitting right with Him this post season and I can't really place a finger on what that is.

Whatever the reason, He needs to go into the offseason with a clear head and really think about His future. A change of scenery might be all He needs.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:40am On Sep 05, 2020
Shout out to the Tuckwagon. How is this man 6'5 and always holding his own in the paint FFS
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:45am On Sep 05, 2020
Rockets win. This small ball Rockets are holding their own defensively against the Lakers. Hmmm.This is going to be a very tough series.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:47am On Sep 05, 2020
EG went off today. That won't happen too often
However if It does, it will be one long series for the Lakers.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2020
Lol. Premature talks all over the place. Same scenario in round one happening all over again. Lakers were their own downfall in this game, nothing else. The team shot poorly in general, but AD and LeBron didn't do or shoot enough. Bron had 15 attempts (7/15). He should be shooting the ball 20 times at least. And AD wasn't contained, he just didn't shoot enough. He was 10 of 16. That's 62% shooting. His mid-range was falling, I wonder why he didn't take more.

And AD and LeBron attempted a combined 9 free throws. That's appalling. You won't win a ball game if your two stars shoot 9 free throws combined, no matter who you're playing. It shows how unaggressive they were.

But I'd be more concerned if the Lakers lost with good shooting. Bron and AD need to shoot 45 combined. I trust Vogel to make some adjustments going forward. And we know LeBron won't be this pedestrian again. I'm positive. This wasn't a statement by any means from the Rockets.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2020
chic2pimp:

No two ways about this. They completely folded.

Yup!....He has certainly been piss poor. The buck stops with Him and Coach Bud. There is something just not sitting right with Him this post season and I can't really place a finger on what that is.

Whatever the reason, He needs to go into the offseason with a clear head and really think about His future. A change of scenery might be all He needs.

I missed all games today. But Im guessing Giannis still cannot solve double and triple teams. At this point, he is looking more like an elite slasher and less like a top 5 nba player. He needs to talk to Lebron this offseason (he shoulda taken that movie role), to learn how to see the game at another level. Be able to recognize defensive schemes and adjust...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2020
I didnt watch the game but looking at the box score, this win makes me nervous. Gordon went off. Westbrook went off. But on the Lakers side no one other than lebron and AD did much. This wont happen for 4 games in 7
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2020
Perhaps Lebron is trying to get used to the Rockets small ball. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Lh19(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.