Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629920 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:04am On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:

The Nuggets came out smoking and were able to protect that 19 point lead they built in the first quarter. The Nuggets lost the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Q. They were more energetic, moved the ball around better and knocked down important shots. The Nuggets have been doing something that has impressed me since the start of this post season and that is establishing the guards as the focus of their offense. This makes it difficult for teams to play Jokic 1:1, more importantly, it reduces the burden of primarily creating shots for others on Jokic.

At one point in the 4th quarter, the lead came down to 7 points I think and tbh I got a bit nervous. Not because I was rooting for them perse but rather I did not want to witness a monumental collapase after such a promising start. Glad they closed it out.

Making Jamal the Numero uno Guy or at least co Numero uno has been the key to their current sucess. And Fairplay to the Lad, He is maturing before our very eyes(as seen by his Game 6 post game interview). The improvements He has made this season has been outstanding. He has taken His game to the next level. Jokic has also put to bed the debate about who the best Centre in the league is. Mad respect to that dude.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:06am On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:
Una sure say Charles Barkley no dey read this thread? Chuck just held my positon about Giannis word for word! I held this position when we argued about Giannis last year!

What did He say?
Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2020
Celtics in 6 sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Kdtrey5: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
This is harden last chance to get a title in his prime and as the best player in a team. If he brings the title to htown he'll become d 3rd greatest sg of all time and a to 20 player ever. Cmon htown.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
Memberclub:
Celtics in 6 sad

No dey jinx us abeg! This series may go into 7 games. Most matchups have evened up because it’s the post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
chic2pimp:

What did He say?

You remember the argument about Giannis expanding his game last year?
Re: The NBA Begins by Kdtrey5: 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:

No dey jinx us abeg! This series may go into 7 games. Most matchups have evened up because it’s the post season.
Celtics are clearly d better team if not for og's lucky ass game winner in game 3 the series would have been over. It just killed their morale and boosted the raptors morale

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kdtrey5:
Celtics are clearly d better team if not for og's lucky ass game winner in game 3 the series would have been over. It just killed their morale and boosted the raptors morale
I don't think the shot was lucky, he's feet were squared b4 he got the ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kdtrey5:

You have to understand that this is the post season and every team has earned the right to be in this position. Being the better team does not necessarily translate into winning a game or a series. More has to go into the strategy which helps you take advantage of being the better team as you put it. The Celtics had a good recipe in game 1 and that is to take advantage of the Raptors small guards (Lowry/ Van Vleet). We stopped the transition offense and showed them different big bodies at the top of the key which force TO and missed shots. Game 2 was similar as we discovered they have no answer for R. William. He blows by Gasol and is more athletic than any of the C playing this series. We continued controlled the pace of the game, continued to stop transition buckets and forcing them to play half court. We defended the perimeter better especially shots in the final seconds of a possession. Game 3 & especially 4? poor!
Re: The NBA Begins by Kdtrey5: 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Killrhymz:

I don't think the shot was lucky, he's feet were squared b4 he got the ball.
hmmm, in a must win game with all d pressure,to me that was a lucky ass shot.even superstars with a better 3pt percentage miss those with limited contest.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kdtrey5: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:

You have to understand that this is the post season and every team has earned the right to be in this position. Being the better team does not necessarily translate into winning a game or a series. More has to go into the strategy which helps you take advantage of being the better team as you put it. The Celtics had a good recipe in game 1 and that is to take advantage of the Raptors small guards (Lowry/ Van Vleet). We stopped the transition offense and showed them different big bodies at the top of the key which force TO and missed shots. Game 2 was similar as we discovered they have no answer for R. William. He blows by Gasol and is more athletic than any of the C playing this series. We continued controlled the pace of the game, continued to stop transition buckets and forcing them to play half court. We defended the perimeter better especially shots in the final seconds of a possession. Game 3 & especially 4? poor!
hmm true well said bro , but most times having a team with better players with talent is a plus no matter ur game plan and strategy which can only go thus far. However my emphasis is on that game winner by og which in turn sparked a new light and hope to the current champs. But I believe the Celtics can still close out the game
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
It seems like Giannis just wants to do it all by himself today
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
Djokovic’s temperament has finally caught up with him. He has been threading thin ropes for a while now and it has cost him the US Open.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:
Djokovic’s temperament has finally caught up with him. He has been threading thin ropes for a while now and it has cost him the US Open.
That looked unintentional. sad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Bledsoe sha. Why doesn't he play like this every game?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
SmooshCHN:
That looked unintentional. sad

Exactly.. it was unintentional, but if you know Djokovic and his history of tantrums, temperaments and rants against judges you would understand the judges have had enough. It’s like Kyrgios.. their history preceded them.

Federer/ Nadal will not get retired if they did something similar.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Middleton with a clutch performance
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:

Exactly.. it was unintentional, but if you know Djokovic and his history of tantrums, temperaments and rants against judges you would understand the judges have had enough. It’s like Kyrgios.. their history preceded them.

Federer/ Nadal will not get retired if they did something similar.
I honestly don't care about this reputation thing. Just officiate every match like it's a new one. That was unintentional and it should be judged as that. It was so obvious. Krygios is just a crybaby. Let's not even talk about him. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
So Middleton just woke up? Even more interesting is Lopez and Bledsoe playing like they wanted a game 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
Abi Giannis is Middleton's sidekick? Middleton leads the charge and they get the win. After people here go dey talk trash about Middleton. Smh. Put some respeck on that name.
Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 11:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:

Celtics in 6
Bucks in 7 angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
That Herro boy is the devil.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
The sooner giannis leaves the bucks,the better.that team is tying his destiny.they can't just do a thing without him
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
Memberclub:
That Herro boy is the devil.
That boy will be a problem for a loonnnnggggg time. This guy is just a rookie and he looks like of of the heirs for the splash Brothers.

Meanwhile bam adebayo needs to develop a post game

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 12:03am On Sep 07, 2020
Bucks finally win.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:37am On Sep 07, 2020
steady986:
Abi Giannis is Middleton's sidekick? Middleton leads the charge and they get the win. After people here go dey talk trash about Middleton. Smh. Put some respeck on that name.
This guy. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:16am On Sep 07, 2020
SmooshCHN:

I honestly don't care about this reputation thing. Just officiate every match like it's a new one. That was unintentional and it should be judged as that. It was so obvious. Krygios is just a crybaby. Let's not even talk about him. grin

Baba leave that thing oh. There is a strong relationship between reputation and officiating in sports and it is not going anywhere.
My girl, Serena Williams, the GOAT sef don calm down this year. She is no longer arguing with judges because she did not like the reputation of being a whiner, now she is getting the benefit of the doubt.
Tell your boy to be calming down small small, him blood too dey hot. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:11am On Sep 07, 2020
Roland17:

Baba leave that thing oh. There is a strong relationship between reputation and officiating in sports and it is not going anywhere.
My girl, Serena Williams, the GOAT sef don calm down this year. She is no longer arguing with judges because she did not like the reputation of being a whiner, now she is getting the benefit of the doubt.
Tell your boy to be calming down small small, him blood too dey hot. grin grin

I see your gee...Rondo!!!!!!!!!!!!... fantastic playmaker
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:13am On Sep 07, 2020
Rondo and the Lakers has been great this first quarter.
Your move Dantoni..
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:47am On Sep 07, 2020
SIRcumalot:
Rondo and the Lakers has been great this first quarter.
Your move Dantoni..

Abeg no disappear again oh....

You show more in the playoffs...I know during the regular season,your schedule is often tight.

Good to see you bro... wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:49am On Sep 07, 2020
aliondo:

I see your gee...Rondo!!!!!!!!!!!!... fantastic playmaker

There is a reason why I defend the guy ferociously on this thread. A traditional PG that makes playing basket easy for everyone..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:51am On Sep 07, 2020
aliondo:

Abeg no disappear again oh....

You show more in the playoffs...I know during the regular season,your schedule is often tight.

Good to see you bro... wink

Boss, na you dey even disappear this days sef..Pesin no dey too see you even when OKC been dey play. I hope say every every dey fine for your side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.