Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630429 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2020
Can we talk about about Jimmy Butler and his boys? Those guys are hungry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2020
A40:
I listed like 5 black coaches who got jobs with little or no coaching experience. Nobody cried privilege when David Blatt was schemed out of the job and it was given to Ty Lue. When Magic won his first title and ran the coach out of town.

You have the Pacers, Bulls, Pelicans, Sixers still looking for coaches. What's the whining about?

How many black coaches can we confidently point out have acquitted themselves well enough in their respective jobs? How many were given opportunities that didn't disappoint? Is it Gentry? Is it Fisher? Kidd? Brown? Isiah Thomas? Which of them didn't fail

Abeg these people will not focus on real problems and would rather whine and lament
Seems like they all want to run on emotions instead of logic. American sport and politics has turned into a joke with this every day race thing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Masterdazhem: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2020
SmooshCHN:

Sweeping the bucks surely
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2020
SmooshCHN:

The 2 scary prospects on that team is bam adebayo and Tyler herro.
Those guys form a solid long term core for the heats.

Tyler herro is so fearless for a rookie, he gives me Klay Thompson vibes. shocked

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2020
In an alternate reality this could have been Nigeria's basketball team

PG-Victor oladipo
SG-Spencer dwinwiddie
SF-OG Anunoby
PG-Giannis
C-Bam Adebayo
Bench:
Iguodala, Aminu, Obi, DeAndre ayton, semi ojeleye
We legit could have been the best team in the world
shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2020
birdman:
I didnt watch the game but looking at the box score, this win makes me nervous. Gordon went off. Westbrook went off. But on the Lakers side no one other than lebron and AD did much. This wont happen for 4 games in 7
You too dey fear. I hope your Rockets are not as fearful as you. You guys have a lot more depth than the Blazers, play better defense and so stand a much better chance. The Lakers are still favorites but it will be very naïve of them to believe these Rockets are anything like the Blazers

Anyway I have given the recipe for winning this series. Less spamming of 3's by Harden and Westbrook taking <20 shots per game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2020
etidy:

PG-Victor oladipo
SG-Spencer dwinwiddie
SF-OG Anunoby
PG-Giannis
C-Bam Adebayo
Bench:
shocked
I don't know about best in the world but definitely a team that can compete for a medal

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Seems like they all want to run on emotions instead of logic. American sport and politics has turned into a joke with this every day race thing.
Stephen A is just a noisemaker at times. The Sixers job is there, Pacers, Pelicans I don't know why he is so fixated on the Nets because of KD and Kyrie as if that duo is guaranteed to do anything. He has forgotten KD is a 32 year old coming off a torn Achilles tendon. What is the guarantee his game would not slip
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:53am On Sep 05, 2020
Masterdazhem:

Sweeping the bucks surely
I sure would love to see that. I can't wait and we all know why. cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2020
Eruditor, you good?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2020
etidy:

The 2 scary prospects on that team is bam adebayo and Tyler herro.
Those guys form a solid long term core for the heats.

Tyler herro is so fearless for a rookie, he gives me Klay Thompson vibes. shocked
That guy plays like he was undrafted and has something to prove. Now pair him with someone like Butler. I just love guys that plays the way Butler and his boys play. What goes unnoticed is how Iguodala chose to go to the Heats like he knew what was coming. The Heat is complete. I don't really see any weakness and that makes me happy. The East can take the championship one more time before the Warriors are ready. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
etidy:

PG-Victor oladipo
SG-Spencer dwinwiddie
SF-OG Anunoby
PG-Giannis
C-Bam Adebayo
Bench:
shocked
With these guys you mentioned, I doubt best team sha. We could definitely do damage. I don't want to imagine Team USA starting 5 with Curry and Harden at Backcourt, LeBron and KD a forward and KAT or even AD. We never even talked about coaching. grin
It would be great but my brain isn't even working it out knowing my country Nigeria would have found a way to ruin whatever they would have become. We don't have that culture Baba.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by yoruba1914: 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
benji93:
Perhaps Lebron is trying to get used to the Rockets small ball. cheesy
excuses excuses excuses. H TOWN IS NOT PORTLAND.
Re: The NBA Begins by yoruba1914: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
SmooshCHN:
just like when max made it about fox news and sas had to correct him. The nba and wannabe activist is already involved in pushing the left wing slogans and rethorics, its sad .
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2020
Black coaches have legit beef. Most of the damage is not obvious unless you are in the circle and know who is who. Just like corporate america. That being said, continually whining about it is counter productive imo. But its easy for me to say... Im not really affected. What would really work would be more black owners. Instead of more black employees
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
You must be new here, if not, you would have understood what I meant. cheesy
yoruba1914:
excuses excuses excuses. H TOWN IS NOT PORTLAND.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:04am On Sep 06, 2020
We need to pick up our intensity and energy to this game. The Raptors are beating us to every ball and rebound.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:47am On Sep 06, 2020
We are too lethargic!!! The last shot the Raptors made is just similar to the one OG made to win game 3.. Come on guys! The energy levels have to pick up or we are tied..
We do have something with R. Williams playing the 5, they have no answer for him but we have to start knocking down shots or going to rim for the 2 while defending the transition offense better.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:59am On Sep 06, 2020
Kyle Lowry is a dawg. Damn.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:02am On Sep 06, 2020
14 TO, can’t defend the 3, can’t make freethrows, out rebounded, can’t make the 3, foul trouble..Too many things we did wrong outside of the lack of energy and intensity in the first 3 quarters of the game.

We thoroughly deserve a loss in this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:16am On Sep 06, 2020
And just like that, the series is tied. Plus Raptors have the momentum. What wonders one shot can do. At this point I'm confident they're winning this series.
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 2:47am On Sep 06, 2020
Denver Nuggets shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:23am On Sep 06, 2020
The Nuggets will kick themselves if they let this game slip right out of their hands.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:36am On Sep 06, 2020
birdman:

I missed all games today. But Im guessing Giannis still cannot solve double and triple teams. At this point, he is looking more like an elite slasher and less like a top 5 nba player. He needs to talk to Lebron this offseason (he shoulda taken that movie role), to learn how to see the game at another level. Be able to recognize defensive schemes and adjust...

Yup!....Badly struggled. If fails to develop both a Solid Mid range and post game, the struggle will never end. He really needs a go to move or 2 to keep defenders on their toes and guessing. At this point, Defenders can predict what He is planning to do which makes Him quite easy to stop. Slow the game down and His struggles are exacerbated. He badly needs a new skills coach as this current one is clearly not working.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:49am On Sep 06, 2020
P. Beverly is a huge emtional liability for any team he plays for.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:51am On Sep 06, 2020
Come through Jamal and Nikola. Nah these dudes want all the smoke and more. They were Superb today. Kawhi on the other hand was bang average however I don't see it happening again. Well the Clippers better hope it doesn't happen again. This tie is finely balanced. Bring on Game 3

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:52am On Sep 06, 2020
Roland17:
P. Beverly is a huge emtional liability for any team he plays for.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:57am On Sep 06, 2020
Anytime the Clippers lose a game, it's always difficult for guys like Broussard and Kellerman to give explanations. grin Now they gotta give an extra explanation as to why Kawhi stunk up the joint(and not PG)
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:01am On Sep 06, 2020
Of course, the thread is relatively quiet. Because it's the Clippers who lost and not the Lakers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:24am On Sep 06, 2020
Una sure say Charles Barkley no dey read this thread? Chuck just held my positon about Giannis word for word! I held this position when we argued about Giannis last year!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:31am On Sep 06, 2020
chic2pimp:
Come through Jamal and Nikola. Nah these dudes want all the smoke and more. They were Superb today. Kawhi on the other hand was bang average however I don't see it happening again. Well the Clippers better hope it doesn't happen again. This tie is finely balanced. Bring on Game 3

The Nuggets came out smoking and were able to protect that 19 point lead they built in the first quarter. The Nuggets lost the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Q. They were more energetic, moved the ball around better and knocked down important shots. The Nuggets have been doing something that has impressed me since the start of this post season and that is establishing the guards as the focus of their offense. This makes it difficult for teams to play Jokic 1:1, more importantly, it reduces the burden of primarily creating shots for others on Jokic.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:00am On Sep 06, 2020
Playoffs are cooking! Now we need bucks to step up and not get swept lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.