Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1718513 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
SheikhErsan:

LeBron, AD, Harden, Kyrie, Kawhi, Jamal Murray, Brown, Mitchell, Conley and i'm sure i'm missing more, all got injured. All because of the NBA's greed. Now we're faced with the likelihood of a Suns-Bucks finals. Who in their right mind wants to see that? Eww! Worst NBA season ever!

The players signed up to the schedule .. although it was tired to salaries and stuff ... I am sure you and I would have signed to start the season as soon as possible ... not every one earns 30 Million a year .. a reasonable amount of players earn 3 million or less per year

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
birdman:

Thats how you were bracing for Nets 76ers semi finals grin Anything can happen, especially with teams that have shooters that can launch logo 3s. Bucks need to be very controlled and disciplined.

Nets/Sixers ke. I always thought the Bucks had a chance against the Nets, injury or no injury.

The Clippers honestly can't do this without Kawhi. What else do they need to win? They outshot the Suns about 13-6 from 3. Attempted 6 more free throws even though they shot way fewer shots in the paint, matched them for turnovers (8 to 9), plus Booker shot poorly. Now you have CP coming back. They really can't look to anything to hang their hopes on. Nothing I mentioned here can get much better; it will only get worse or stay the same. The 3 point discrepancy can't get much better, same with the free throws. They can't get much better than only 8 turnovers. Booker will probably not play this bad again. CP is returning. Omo, this series is ending 4-1 at most.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
SheikhErsan:

Hopefully they sweep the clippers and then get swept by the Bucks. Cant root for the suns or that dirty bum CP3 to win anything.

Hehehe grin They would struggle against the Bucks, just like they would have struggled against the Lakers if AD was healthy. Who guards Giannis? Crowder? grin. Abi na Cam Johnson. If they dare put Ayton on Giannis, not only would Lopez have a field day, Ayton would enter foul trouble by second quarter.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:17am On Jun 24, 2021
Reports reaching me says the Boston Celtics have hired Ime Udoka as their new head coach. So that means I'll be seeing a lot more of my Childhood crushes at every Celtics home game henceforth. I can't wait cheesy grin

Roland17 save me a seat abeg as it looks like I'd be tuning in to watch more Celtics games this season grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:31am On Jun 24, 2021
How much lower can Jay Williams drag his already soiled name in the NBA circle? To even claim his account was hacked is even more disrespectful to people who know how dumb he is.. He tries too hard to impress but ends up losing more credibility.
You don’t even have to look back a decade or so ago to realize Doc Rivers, a man of color coached the Celtics.. since his knowledge and history of the Celtics can’t lead him to KC Jones or the GOAT Bill Russell..

All along, I have had a strong feeling I. Udoka will get the gig.. He is a well respected name especially among players in the league and renowned for his tactical acumen. This is going to be a different role though and I hope he can build that trusting but strong voice within this team. We have a good core in the two Jays.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:36am On Jun 24, 2021
chic2pimp:
Reports reaching me says the Boston Celtics have hired Ime Udoka as their new head coach. So that means I'll be seeing a lot more of my Childhood crushes at every Celtics home game henceforth. I can't wait cheesy grin

Roland17 save me a seat abeg as it looks like I'd be tuning in to watch more Celtics games this season grin

Haha.. Na there we go see you! Most def though.. Betterstill, if u visit next year we fit see live game for TD or an away court close to you..Can’t wait to watch a live game at the TD again.. feels like forever!

I am excited about I. Udoka because of his pedigree, hopefully he transitions wel and quickly.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:53am On Jun 24, 2021
This bogdanovic injury is a big disadvantage to the hawks mehn.

The bucks are getting an easy pass to the finals
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:29am On Jun 24, 2021
Roland17:

Haha.. Na there we go see you! Most def though.. Betterstill, if u visit next year we fit see live game for TD or an away court close to you..Can’t wait to watch a live game at the TD again.. feels like forever!

I am excited about I. Udoka because of his pedigree, hopefully he transitions wel and quickly.

LOOOL grin.....Nah for real though, that'll be an honour and privilege. I would 100% love to see that happen. Finally being able to put a face to Nairaland's own Sports aficionado. Also I Know you how feel about being able to go live games once again. I can't wait too.

Same here man. I sincerely hope He does well. I'm sure the time He spent under Pop would help immensely. I mean who better to learn the game under?

I was going to ask what J.Will Said this time round but t
You know what nevermind.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Trae is absolutely cooking. Dude came to play tonight.

PS: Not to sound like a broken record but Bud is getting severely outcoached tonight. Some serious a&$ whooping.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:03am On Jun 24, 2021
chic2pimp:
Trae is absolutely cooking. Dude came to play tonight.

The man is unplayable.. Imagine setting up an Alley using the backboard for J. Collins..
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:08am On Jun 24, 2021
Roland17:

The man is unplayable.. Imagine setting up an Alley using the backboard for J. Collins..

Dude is Ice Cold. They don't call Him Ice Trae for nothing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:12am On Jun 24, 2021
chic2pimp:

Dude is Ice Cold. They don't call Him Ice Trae for nothing.

The nerve and indifference to do that in a conference final is what marvels me even more.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Roland17:

The nerve and indifference to do that in a conference final is what marvels me even more.

How was Trae not an All Star? Which knuckleheads vote for this thing? Imagine not giving Ice Trae an All Star Spot?

Btw Three Black coaches in the Conference finals. We love to see it. Plus I am willing to bet my bottom dollar they'll do a much better Job if they were in charge of this Milwaukee team.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:51am On Jun 24, 2021
Brace yourself up for another 7 games series folks.

Bucks: Better team

Hawks: Better Coached
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Just imagine the nonsense the Bucks just served us in game one.. They never took this game serious from start of the whistle.. @birdman abeg no tell me say u no watch this game oh.. or say you change station.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Trae Trae. This should be a wake-up call for the Bucks or else they will learn the same way the Sixers did. Trae should not destroy your team this badly on a night that he shot poorly from deep. Khris should be better and the Bucks need to hire Rick Carlisle even if Bud (by some chance) wins this series.
Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 4:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Bud just keeps on coaching like an amateur. Giannis needs to leave middleton in milwaukee
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:31am On Jun 24, 2021
Android17:
Trae Trae. This should be a wake-up call for the Bucks or else they will learn the same way the Sixers did. Trae should not destroy your team this badly on a night that he shot poorly from deep. Khris should be better and the Bucks need to hire Rick Carlisle even if Bud (by some chance) wins this series.

I don yab Bud tire that I am currently on siddon dey look mode grin. Exchange Him with any of the coaches left and they win this series in 5. I actually can't believe some Analysts have them down as Title favourites. Budenholzer alone cancels out any perceived advantage you think they might have.

As for Khris, that's just who He is. He is very inconsistent. He always has like 2 games per series where He is a## and then plays like Khash Money for the remainder.

TRAE though Sheeeeesssshhh!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06am On Jun 24, 2021
It’s not even the fact that he got 48/11 in his first conference final.. It is the ease and swag with how he played the game. It almost felt like he was playing street basketball with his friends.. This one is for you Trae.. You are definitely climbing the ladder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0RA0yWmjg
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2021
I don't care if bucks win the whole thing they gotta fire bud.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:26am On Jun 24, 2021
I saw that first quarter and I knew if bogdanovic was fit. Atlanta takes may take series.
The hawks defense is stylishly good, apart from Trae the other players are at least average on defense and can switch to guard multiple positions.

It basically disrupted the bucks offense
And one more thing. Next season watch out for Kevin heurter that guy is so smooth in the mid-range, there is an all-star somewhere in that guy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
Roland17:

People like Jay are the reasons why players keep a very close circle. Whether the gist was true or not, Jay had no business breaking such conversation that was held in confidence. Worsestill the timing was horrible considering both players were battling each other!
These guys don't have no code. At least get authorization before revealing such confidential talk
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
A40:
I don't know how you watch Trae Young and still question the Steph ceiling comparison. I really don't. Even me I was a doubter before but I've been convinced
Since November 2019. Aye some of us saw it coming. Said it at the time he was better than Steph at that age but even I didn't know I would be this right
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
darkelf:

Its still too early.

Ilk five him at least 4 seasons. He has to be consistent for 4 seasons
Wayasay??
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
Roland17:
Just imagine the nonsense the Bucks just served us in game one.. They never took this game serious from start of the whistle.. @birdman abeg no tell me say u no watch this game oh.. or say you change station.

I watch am. Looked like Hawks would win from the beginning, because like you said, Bucks werent taking them too seriously. These guys can steal two quick games on Bucks home court, for real.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
chic2pimp:

How was Trae not an All Star? Which knuckleheads vote for this thing? Imagine not giving Ice Trae an All Star Spot?

Btw Three Black coaches in the Conference finals. We love to see it. Plus I am willing to bet my bottom dollar they'll do a much better Job if they were in charge of this Milwaukee team.

Nobody has been paying attention to Hawks. I expected the Trae train to take another year to arrive, but they have superior coaching that has sped them up. They now have toughness and can play stretched of good D.

I hope all the openings means mark jackson gets another shot. I would like to see Cassell too. Former NBA point guards make for very good coaches
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
birdman:

Nobody has been paying attention to Hawks. I expected the Trae train to take another year to arrive, but they have superior coaching that has sped them up. They now have toughness and can play stretched of good D.

I hope all the openings means mark jackson gets another shot. I would like to see Cassell too. Former NBA point guards make for very good coaches

Nobody was paying attention because the Head coach before Nate took over was a dud. Not only Is He a million times better, He also would have won the Coach of the year award had He taken over much earlier. To put everything into context, He is having to make do without His best Perimeter defender(also a Knockdown Shooter)this playoff.

Chauncey Billups is who I'd like to see given a Head coach job. High IQ on and off the court. Whenever you hear Him speak, you can literally hear His High intelligence shine through. A good student of the game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
chic2pimp:

Nobody was paying attention because the Head coach before Nate took over was a dud.

Chauncey Billups is who I'd like to see given a Head coach job. High IQ on and off the court. Whenever you hear Him speak, you can literally hear His High intelligence shine through. A good student of the game.

Yeah, I was probably biased being he was a young black coach, and I wanted him to succeed. In hindsight, he wasnt what this team needed undecided

I forgot about Billups! But this is why some folk were pissed at Nash getting a plum job out of nowhere. There are so many other prospects putting in work and not getting the opportunity

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:38am On Jun 25, 2021
birdman:

Yeah, I was probably biased being he was a young black coach, and I wanted him to succeed. In hindsight, he wasnt what this team needed undecided

I forgot about Billups! But this is why some folk were pissed at Nash getting a plum job out of nowhere. There are so many other prospects putting in work and not getting the opportunity

Lloyd Pierce was certainly not the right man for this job but hopefully He gets another crack at a Head Coach Job. If Mediocre coaches like Luke Walton stay getting jobs then I see no reason why Lloyd shouldn't get another gig.

Absolutely. How Nash got that job, I'd never know. And that's With all due respect to Nash. I don't think anyone is more happy than I am seeing the success of Black head coaches this season. Highly inspirational. Just waiting for the NFL to catch up now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:17am On Jun 25, 2021
chic2pimp:

birdman:

Big shout out the James Jones, the General Manager of the Suns. He has transitioned from being a player to the General Manager of the year in only his 3rd season and has his team playing in the conference final. He has done an exceptional job in constructing this Suns roster which has helped Monty play and coach the way he wants.

We have seen many Caucasian coaches get recycled even after terrible seasons as head coaches. Look at the bench of the remaining 4 teams in the finals and you will see a lot of assistant coaches who had head coaching gigs previously.

Nothing against that but I would love to see Mark Jackson get another chance in coaching because I know he wants to coach again. I understand his personal/ religious principles has been a stumbling block but I hope he gets another shot. When he was coach of the Warriors there were stories of how he had Curry and others attend his church and some other religious activities that did not sit well with other players and members of the organization.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:38am On Jun 25, 2021
Pat Bev has done a tremendous job on Devin. Let it be known.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:41am On Jun 25, 2021
The NHL have announced a new expansion team in Seattle.. They will be known as the Seattle Kraken. Big credit to the NHL, they added the Golden Knights 4 seasons ago I think and now they have added the Kraken. Both teams are in very economically viable markets. The City of Seattle have been aggressive in pursing more sports franchises over the last 5 years and that includes an NBA franchise.

This brings me to teams that can possibly move to Seattle. There are rumors of Timberwolves, Magic and Pelicans. I said this two weeks ago and it is proving to be true. The NBA is making it obvious that they want the Bucks in the finals. Simply put, they want to reward a small market team to avoid a situation where small market teams are struggling financially especially since most can’t attract superstars. If Giannis leaves Milwaukee, it’s over as it would take decades before they can lay their hands on such level o talent.

The Spurs grew organically from the Admiral to Tim before adding core pieces and now, that is their best option because no big name free agent is heading that way. The same can be said of the Orlando Magic, who are at the risk of losing the franchise. Shaq and Penny were organic pieces through drafts.. How about the Bucks? Same story!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.