Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1721267 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:50am On Jun 25, 2021
Android17:
Pat Bev has done a tremendous job on Devin. Let it be known.

The Clippers in general have done a great job defensively today.
Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 4:03am On Jun 25, 2021
With CP3 ... the clippers have a chance ... the guy has comeback and messed up the Suns chemistry ... Not sure he can play fast paced basketball ...
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Ty Lue is really Belichick.

Book has to take this personal going forward. You can’t give Pat Bev that kind of satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Ty Lue is really showing his chops through out these playoffs, his ability to make adjustments game to game has been absolutely incredible. For those who say he rode Lebron's coat tails to a championship he has rubished that narative big time.
Re: The NBA Begins by silverp(m): 4:27am On Jun 25, 2021
Great information I can wait
Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 4:27am On Jun 25, 2021
Give ball to Reggie Jackson...
Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 4:28am On Jun 25, 2021
Khanben:
Ty Lue is really showing his chops through out these playoffs, his ability to make adjustments game to game has been absolutely incredible. For those who say he rode Lebron's coat tails to a championship he has rubished that narative big time.
The only person Tye lue hasnt figured out is AYton ... but we can let him play .. you cant win a game with 20 pts
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:31am On Jun 25, 2021
Roland17:

Big shout out the James Jones, the General Manager of the Suns. He has transitioned from being a player to the General Manager of the year in only his 3rd season and has his team playing in the conference final. He has done an exceptional job in constructing this Suns roster which has helped Monty play and coach the way he wants.

We have seen many Caucasian coaches get recycled even after terrible seasons as head coaches. Look at the bench of the remaining 4 teams in the finals and you will see a lot of assistant coaches who had head coaching gigs previously.

Nothing against that but I would love to see Mark Jackson get another chance in coaching because I know he wants to coach again. I understand his personal/ religious principles has been a stumbling block but I hope he gets another shot. When he was coach of the Warriors there were stories of how he had Curry and others attend his church and some other religious activities that did not sit well with other players and members of the organization.

I knew I was missing someone out. Massive Shout out to James Jones. The way He has turned around that flailing organisation has been a sight to behold. From my point of view, the more the merrier. There is plenty of room for all of us at the top.

The constant recycling of Caucasian mediocrity at the Top of coaching food chain is one of the reasons I don't get mad when a Black coach under performs. I mean the NFL,NBA and Heck the MLB is littered with thousands of them so why get mad when it happens to a black coach?

It's also a reason why I love the current crop of NFL black QBs. Now when a Highly talented Black QB comes on the scene now, I start comparing them to the likes of Mahomes, Deshaun,Kyler, Russell and Heck even Dak. You can't be comparing Trevor Lawerence to Peyton and Luck and expect me to have a mediocre Black QB as Justin Field's Player comparison. Simply not happening.
Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 4:38am On Jun 25, 2021
if Bev is getting his shots ... you are going to win the game
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:42am On Jun 25, 2021
Android17:
Pat Bev has done a tremendous job on Devin. Let it be known.

100%
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:48am On Jun 25, 2021
Khanben:
Rightly said, he makes the Right adjustments when necessary and studies the game perfectly. Big props to Mr lue. Now we've got a hell of a series in our Hands....... I can only imagine the Promises steve balmer woudda made to this guys if they can get to the finals
grin grin and heck win it all.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 5:40am On Jun 25, 2021
Jason kidd- New mavs Coach... good or bad for luka??
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
joshboo:
Jason kidd- New mavs Coach... good or bad for luka??

Is it official? Kidd was a pure PG, and wasnt a good shooter. But he was tough minded and would knock down open 3s if he had to. He was more of a facilitator and playedgood defense.

If Luka is teachable, this will move him from all star to hall of famer as court vision is not Lukas strong suit.

If Luka is stubborn, things could get rocky. At the very least, I think Porz will benefit. No way Kidd will let him remain useless.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
KD needs to grow up. He has to clap back at everything. Yeesh
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
birdman:

Is it official? Kidd was a pure PG, and wasnt a good shooter. But he was tough minded and would knock down open 3s if he had to. He was more of a facilitator and playedgood defense.

If Luka is teachable, this will move him from all star to hall of famer as court vision is not Lukas strong suit.

If Luka is stubborn, things could get rocky. At the very least, I think Porz will benefit. No way Kidd will let him remain useless.

Wait did you just say court vision is not Luka's strong suit. He is top 3 in the league in terms of court vision, his issues are fitness, defense and the fact that he is a streaky shooter.
If Kidd and Nico are appointed i hope it helps the Mavs in terms of recruitment, cause for some reason they have never been a FA destination.
As for on the court if he or any coach they get needs to make KP at the very least just do what Ayton or even Capela has been doing all playoffs especially on offense.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:39am On Jun 26, 2021
Not so simple. Just fold your arms dey watch. I won't be surprised if the Suns kick the Clippers hard forcing you to rethink your stance. grin. As in maybe, he's not figured them out after all. One thing you can trust in this playoffs is its unpredictability. You think you know it one time until the results play with your mind.
blacksta:

The only person Tye lue hasnt figured out is AYton ... but we can let him play .. you cant win a game with 20 pts
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:29am On Jun 26, 2021
Well. Well. Well. But make i no take my mouth profess something bad. People wey know, know. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by funkybroyouknow: 2:32am On Jun 26, 2021
lol, are the hawks this bad or are the bucks this good,

they are getting whooped like a misbehaving child grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:36am On Jun 26, 2021
I was planning on watching this game with wine. Ol boy make I switch to guinness embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:43am On Jun 26, 2021
Khanben:

Wait did you just say court vision is not Luka's strong suit. He is top 3 in the league in terms of court vision, his issues are fitness, defense and the fact that he is a streaky shooter.
If Kidd and Nico are appointed i hope it helps the Mavs in terms of recruitment, cause for some reason they have never been a FA destination.
As for on the court if he or any coach they get needs to make KP at the very least just do what Ayton or even Capela has been doing all playoffs especially on offense.

How is he top 3? Based on what? His offense is stellar, but when he goes cold who does he create for
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:49am On Jun 26, 2021
funkybroyouknow:
lol, are the hawks this bad or are the bucks this good,

they are getting whooped like a misbehaving child grin

A bit of both. Bucks came out of the gate all guns blazing and the Hawks have been pretty atrocious this half. However no lead is safe with this bucks team so the second half could get quite interesting if the Hawks manage to bite well into that deficit.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 2:58am On Jun 26, 2021
Now this is what I'm talking about from the bucks, beat fear into them, Beat them into low self/team esteem. Beat dem like sey dem thief, beat them make dem begin doubt themselves as a team, beat them mk them regret why dem enter ECF.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:08am On Jun 26, 2021
Giannis using this game to practice his midrange. grin, I would use it too. Just be careful.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:15am On Jun 26, 2021
benji93:
Giannis using this game to practice his midrange. grin, I would use it too. Just be careful.

You notice am bah, grin wants that durant bread n butter so bad.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:52am On Jun 26, 2021
birdman:

How is he top 3? Based on what? His offense is stellar, but when he goes cold who does he create for

He is the only creator for a number 1 offense in the whole league and somehow you say he cannot create. Bro his selling point is his playmaking ability his shot might be suspect but his ability to run an offence is undeniable. Even his former coach Rick said their offence picked up when he just left it up to Luka to run the whole thing.
Apart from Lebron and CP3 name another player that runs an offense in the league better than him.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:56am On Jun 26, 2021
Water off the duck's back should be the Hawks motto as far as this game is concerned. Blow out happens regularly and as I have said all along, it's how you finish not how you start.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:11am On Jun 26, 2021
afrodoc2:
Ty Lue is really Belichick.

Based on wetin na? I would only entertain this narrative if it’s based on making adjustments..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On Jun 26, 2021
Khanben:

I am not seeing members of the Bum squad get mad over this..

E Soro Soke!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:18am On Jun 26, 2021
A lot of things went wrong for the Hawks tonight. They kept it within reach in the 2nd quarter but absolutely lost it with TOs and the Bucks making their 3 balls.. I expect some serious adjustments from Coach Nate.. He has to find a way to get Trae away from Drew..They have to rebound better and hope Giannis does not realize he is un-guardable around the restricted zone.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:23am On Jun 26, 2021
Me Against The World from last night and today’s games.
TY Lue is one heck of a coach. He has made some serious adjustments with his line up and has found a way not to put all the offensive burden on PG13. His adjustments with the line up has also stifled the Suns offense, forcing a lot of TOs and bad possessions.

Giannis had a good game.He played to his strength and did what I have always said.. Be great at what you are good at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0RA0yWmjg
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:53am On Jun 26, 2021
Roland17:
Me Against The World from last night and today’s games.
TY Lue is one heck of a coach. He has made some serious adjustments with his line up and has found a way not to put all the offensive burden on PG13. His adjustments with the line up has also stifled the Suns offense, forcing a lot of TOs and bad possessions.

Giannis had a good game.He played to his strength and did what I have always said.. Be great at what you are good at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0RA0yWmjg

Reports say the job of turning PG13 into, a more than servicable point guard was done by Chauncey B. Hoping he gets a shot at coaching his own team soon.

Giannis just needs to make a pact with himself to only take 3s, if and only if they are buzzer beaters. He should just focus on driving to the paint every time he gets the ball
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:09am On Jun 26, 2021
Khanben:

Reports say the job of turning PG13 into, a more than servicable point guard was done by Chauncey B. Hoping he gets a shot at coaching his own team soon.

Giannis just needs to make a pact with himself to only take 3s, if and only if they are buzzer beaters. He should just focus on driving to the paint every time he gets the ball
Chauncey is heading to Portland after the playoffs .

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.