Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621555 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
Khanben:

Dame has not has a team as good as the one Kyrie did nothing with in Boston. Every argument I see about Kyrie just balls down to, 'his play is flashy thus it makes it noticeable'. Yes he had a great series as the number 2 to Lebron, what else has he done, Kyrie only has one signature shot that everybody remembers and that is the game 7 shot in the finals.
I reiterate, he had a very good Boston team which went to the conference finals without him, and he did jack with them. Anyone who can says that Dame would not have done better with that team is just deceiving themselves.

PS: right now no team in the nba, even teams in states where is no mask mandate is unwilling to offer anything for Kyrie. If Dame was made available there would be a bidding war.

If this is a debate about personalities then we are having a different argument but if this is about on court then Kyrie is superior. Like someone said, Dame was so bad in the Olympics he had to be benched, that is Dame outside of Portland, amongst other stars. I followed the Olympics and watched every second of the US game and he was bad.
I have not seen you mention any tangible aspect where Dame is better than Kyrie.. Everything on the court points to the fact that Kyrie while flash and fancy gets the job done including during clutch moments.
Let’s be clear, Dame has played in very very good teams in Portland and has failed to deliver. It’s so bad that he has been knocked out of the first round of the playoffs and had to get in using the play-in.. Why do you think predictors are no longer buying his wares? In the past the Blazers were consistently raked and predicted to perform in the postseason but after many disappointments no one take them seriously.
If game 7 is the only thing you can point to then you probably need to refresh your memory. This is why I said, bring the run to the championship and every finals Kyrie appeared in and tell me he was a carry along or a scrub.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
Android17:
The only argument you can make against Kyrie when compared to Dame is durability. I wanted to steer clear of his achievements because I thought it was a given. If you must know, Kyrie was drafted to a bad Cavs team which nobody expected him to elevate beyond what he did. There is a reason Lebron made them reshuffle the team and trade their top draft pick upon his arrival. You might call him the second wheeler but the Cavs don't win their 2016 ring without him. Heck, all the hype Lebron gets for the 2016 title but people forget that he stat padded for the first 2 games (continued to play even when those games were blowouts) and their games 3,5,6,7 wins are impossible without Kyrie. Kyrie even kept them in the game 7 until James came alive in the 3rd Quat (they scored the same points in games 5 and 7). And he hit the shot that sealed the win for them. That is more than anything Dame has done. You can argue that Dame took his Blazers to the WCFs but that roster was better than what Kyrie had at the Cavs before Bron and if he was fit against the Cavs in the ECFs where the Celts went 2-0 up and lost 4-3 to the Cavs, it will be hard to say he would have not made an impact. Nevertheless, Dame was swept by AD and the Pelicans in what should have been a surefire win for the Blazers. Dame got swept by a KD-less warriors team having led most of those games by double digits. Dame got wrecked by a Murray-less Denver last season as well. What we typically see as signature to Dame is folding when the pressure is on - the Olympics for e.g. Kyrie on the otherhand rose to the biggest of occasions.

That is how they rewrite history, the same KD-less warriors that had a 2 time MVP, top 5 greatest shooter of all time and a 2x DPOY. Out of the best 5 players in that series it can be argued that 4 were playing for GSW, so please explain how he was supposed to win.
Furthermore the disrespect for Jokic is sickening, when did losing to a team lead by the MVP of the league while averaging 34pts 10 assist and 4 rebounds as a guard equate to underachieving. The series against the Pelicans, out of the best 5players in the series the Pels had 3 of them and also had the best 2 defensive players in the series to boot, anyone who picked the Blazers to win that series should go learn the fundamentals of basketball.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
Wow the disrespect
Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol got snubbed for top 75.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Roland17:

Dame Lillard made it but Kyrie was snubbed? I find that unacceptable..

What has Kyrie achieved without Lebron.

Dame has led a team to the Conference finals. He scores more, rebounds better, and assists more than Kyrie. And he is rarely unavailable due to injury or brain touch.

He is also vaxxed and doesn’t think the world is flat. cheesy

If it was a Top 75 of street ballers or AND1 ballers sure Kyrie will be on the list.

Kyrie was leading the Cavs to the lottery every season until Lebron came to save his ungrateful ass.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
afrodoc2:

What has Kyrie achieved without Lebron.

Dame has led a team to the Conference finals. He scores more, rebounds better, and assists more than Kyrie. And he is rarely unavailable due to injury or brain touch.

He is also vaxxed and doesn’t think the world is flat. cheesy

If it was a Top 75 of street ballers or AND1 ballers sure Kyrie will be on the list.

Kyrie was leading the Cavs to the lottery every season until Lebron came to save his ungrateful ass.

Again, this is not a debate about off court issues.. If this was about off the court issue many of the guys on that list will not make it. Speaking about achievements, remind me again what LeBum achieved on his own with the Cavs? He made All Star and First team appearances but did lead the Cavs to the Championship?
You have a point about availability but I am sorry I will not allow you or anyone underrate Kyrie's influence/ impact in the Championship winning team in Cleveland. If it was that easy, LeBum will not take his talents to Miami and KD will not leave OKC for the Warriors and the merry go round...Despite his injuries, Kyrie has more individual achievements than Dame so what's the deal?
The expectation is that Dame will win a Championship with a generational talent like LeBum if he combined so what's all the hate on Kyrie?
OUTSIDE OF THE CONFERENCE FINAL APPEARANCE, SHOW ME DAME's PLAYOFFs RECORD! He has never scrubs as team mates since he became an all start so what are talking about here? We are talking about multiple 1st round exits and play-in situations.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 12:51am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Again, this is not a debate about off court issues.. If this was about off the court issue many of the guys on that list will not make it. Speaking about achievements, remind me again what LeBum achieved on his own with the Cavs? He made All Star and First team appearances but did lead the Cavs to the Championship?
You have a point about availability but I am sorry I will not allow you or anyone underrate Kyrie's influence/ impact in the Championship winning team in Cleveland. If it was that easy, LeBum will not take his talents to Miami and KD will not leave OKC for the Warriors and the merry go round...Despite his injuries, Kyrie has more individual achievements than Dame so what's the deal?
The expectation is that Dame will win a Championship with a generational talent like LeBum if he combined so what's all the hate on Kyrie?
OUTSIDE OF THE CONFERENCE FINAL APPEARANCE, SHOW ME DAME's PLAYOFFs RECORD! He has never scrubs as team mates since he became an all start so what are talking about here? We are talking about multiple 1st round exits and play-in situations.

1) Show me Kyrie’s conference final appearance outside of his attachment to Lebron

2) Show me Kyrie’s scoring, rebound, assist averages compared to Dame

3) Explain how Kyrie not making Top 75 is blasphemous when he has never led a team to a single conference finals but was leading his team to back to back lottery picks.

Dame and Kyrie comparison is close enough (and I would pick Dame) for any outrage about Kyrie being cheated to be called out as B.S.

You are calling Lebron Lebum but are expressing outrage that Kyrie was disrespected. The irony.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:13am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

1) Show me Kyrie’s conference final appearance outside of his attachment to Lebron

2) Show me Kyrie’s scoring, rebound, assist averages compared to Dame

3) Explain how Kyrie not making Top 75 is blasphemous when he has never led a team to a single conference finals but was leading his team to back to back lottery picks.

Dame and Kyrie comparison is close enough (and I would pick Dame) for any outrage about Kyrie being cheated to be called out as B.S.

You are calling Lebron Lebum but are expressing outrage that Kyrie was disrespected. The irony.

In the same post I referred to LeBum as a generational talent but of course you are in a haste so you focus on the name..Nothing to see there..

Since Dame got drafted in 2012 this is his Playoff Record
2012/2013- Missed the playoffs
2013/2014- Got to the conference semi finals
2014/2015- Lost in the 1st round to the Grizzlies
2015/2016- Semi Finals
2016/2017-Swept in the 1st round
2017/2018-Swept by the freaking Pelicans in the 1st round
2018/2019-Swept in the Conference Finals
2019/2020-Gentleman sweep in the first round
2020/2021-1st round loss.

In 9 years he has been in the post season, he has missed the play offs once, lost in the first round 5 times, including losses to the Grizzlies and Pelicans including sweeps. Show me the players Kyrie played with during his time alone with the Cavs and I will show you the All Stars Dame has been playing with since he got drafted into the league. LeBum could not win with those cats na Kyrie go come win with WHO? Show me the studs on that roster from 2011 when he was drafted to 2014 when LeBum returned with a deeper roster.

Make una just stop the hate. I have not seen any facts here.. All I am reading na just hate because of his personality. He refuse vaccination, he is stubborn, he thinks he is smarter than others, he says the earth is flat, the list is endless but the fact remains there is no 2016 title without him. He was no scrub! Despite his history with injuries he has more individual accolades than Dame. We saw Dame in the Olympics, he began as a starter but we all know what happened after 2 games..
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:18am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

In the same post I referred to LeBum as a generational talent but of course you are in a haste so you focus on the name..Nothing to see there..

2015/2016- Semi Finals

In 9 years he has been in the post season, he has missed the play offs once, lost in the first round 5 times, including losses to the Grizzlies and Pelicans including sweeps. Show me the players Kyrie played with during his time alone with the Cavs and I will show you the All Stars Dame has been playing with since he got drafted into the league. LeBum could not win with those cats na Kyrie go come win with WHO? Show me the studs on that roster from 2011 when he was drafted to 2014 when LeBum returned with a deeper roster.

Make una just stop the hate. I have not seen any facts here.. All I am reading na just hate because of his personality. He refuse vaccination, he is stubborn, he thinks he is smarter than others, he says the earth is flat, the list is endless but the fact remains there is no 2016 title without him. He was no scrub! Despite his history with injuries he has more individual accolades than Dame. We saw Dame in the Olympics, he began as a starter but we all know what happened after 2 games..

That is how they rewrite history, one of those playoff sweep was to the warriors that had a 2 time MVP, top 5 greatest shooter of all time and a 2x DPOY. Out of the best 5 players in that series it can be argued that 4 were playing for GSW, so please explain how he was supposed to win.
Furthermore the disrespect for Jokic is sickening, when did losing to a team lead by the MVP of the league while averaging 34pts 10 assist and 4 rebounds as a guard equate to underachieving. The series against the Pelicans, out of the best 5players in the series the Pels had 3 of them and also had the best 2 defensive players in the series to boot, anyone who picked the Blazers to win that series should go learn the fundamentals of basketball.

Kyrie had a loaded Celtics team which had gotten to the conference finals without him and he did nothing with them
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:23am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

That is how they rewrite history, one of those playoff sweep was to the warriors that had a 2 time MVP, top 5 greatest shooter of all time and a 2x DPOY. Out of the best 5 players in that series it can be argued that 4 were playing for GSW, so please explain how he was supposed to win.

Kyrie had a loaded Celtics team which had gotten to the conference finals without him and he did nothing with them

Man just stop..You guys already lost the plot! He lost 1-4 to the freaking Grizzlies in the 1st round, swept 4-0 by the freaking Pelicans in the same 1st round! What are we talking about here for goodness sakes? You barely make it into the post season, needed the bubble to make it in 2019/2020, got in and got a gentleman 4-1 sweep by the Lakers! You keep mentioning the players on the freaking Pelicans and Warriors, care to tell us who Dame has been teaming with since he got into the league? Show me the stars, depth and all stars!

Man leave matter
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:33am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

That is how they rewrite history, the same KD-less warriors that had a 2 time MVP, top 5 greatest shooter of all time and a 2x DPOY. Out of the best 5 players in that series it can be argued that 4 were playing for GSW, so please explain how he was supposed to win.
Which series you dey talk in particular? I hope its not 2016 Finals? Who are the best 4 players out of 5 that were playing for GSW
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 1:36am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

2015/2016- Semi Finals

I don’t hate Kyrie. I am just addressing the false outrage that you are trying to push that him missing out on this Top 75 is one big deal.

I can see how you are focusing on Dame’s shortcomings. Can you tell me what Kyrie did in any team that didn’t have Lebron? And this was in an Eastern conference that everyone acknowledged was weaker than the West at that time.

There is no hate from side. Maybe you are mixing me up with others. And if you can show where I called him a scrub I will forward you Beyoncé’s sexy tape. grin

He is a very good player in a league full of very good players, both now and historically. Not making the Top 75 list does not make him a scrub. But forming Jihad over it is an overreaction.

Dame has led a franchise to some success in this league. Every time Kyrie was the leader he gave us a bottle job.

Dame lost in the playoffs to the Warriors THREE times and the Spurs once.
He beat the Spurs and the Clippers.
The Pelican defeat is indeed a black mark against him but we need to analyse the Eastern conference teams that kept Kyrie in the lottery also.

There should be no outrage that Kyrie didn’t make this list. It is a subjective list and he is not definitively better than others that made it.

It is so hard to be sure of your position on this list that when Reggie Miller made the list he was very shocked.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 1:36am On Oct 23, 2021
BUUUUULLLLLLLLSSSSS cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:44am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Man just stop..You guys already lost the plot! He lost 1-4 to the freaking Grizzlies in the 1st round, swept 4-0 by the freaking Pelicans in the same 1st round! What are we talking about here for goodness sakes? You barely make it into the post season, needed the bubble to make it in 2019/2020, got in and got a gentleman 4-1 sweep by the Lakers! You keep mentioning the players on the freaking Pelicans and Warriors, care to tell us who Dame has been teaming with since he got into the league? Show me the stars, depth and all stars!

Man leave matter

Name one all star that Dame has been paid with since he got into the league apart from Melo
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:45am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

I don’t hate Kyrie. I am just addressing the false outrage that you are trying to push that him missing out on this Top 75 is one big deal.

I can see how you are focusing on Dame’s shortcomings. Can you tell me what Kyrie did in any team that didn’t have Lebron? And this was in an Eastern conference that everyone acknowledged was weaker than the West at that time.

There is no hate from side. Maybe you are mixing me up with others. And if you can show where I called him a scrub I will forward you Beyoncé’s sexy tape. grin

He is a very good player in a league full of very good players, both now and historically. Not making the Top 75 list does not make him a scrub. But forming Jihad over it is an overreaction.

Dame has led a franchise to some success in this league. Every time Kyrie was the leader he gave us a bottle job.

The Pelican defeat is indeed a black mark against him but we need to analyse the Eastern conference teams that kept Kyrie in the lottery also.

There should be no outrage that Kyrie didn’t make this list. It is a subjective list and he is not definitively better than others that made it.

It is so hard to be sure of your position on this list that when Reggie Miller made the list he was very shocked.

Abeg if you get that Beyonce tape, no waste time abeg grin

If Dame was not on that list, I probably won't be as bothered, that's the difference. What success are we speaking about here? The sweep by the Pelicans is one, how about the 1-4 1st round loss to the Grizzlies led by Mike Conley? Freaking Mike Conley! The manner of loss considering the roster is what makes it even more difficult to accept. We are talking about 5 1st round losses with sweeps and gentleman sweeps. In 2019, despite the depth of his roster, they needed a bubble play-in to make it into the post-season.

It is on this thread, my paddy @A40 holds a strong line about Harden choking (a good argument on his part I must add) in the post season but we should excuse Dame for repeated choke jobs? How about AD? It is on this thread, AD committed a capital sin for not taking the Pelicans farther than he did with the scrubs he played with but I am supposed to excuse the sweeps, gentleman sweeps, bad losses and 1st round exits despite having a competitive roster.

Naaaaa. It doesn't work that way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:45am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Which series you dey talk in particular? I hope its not 2016 Finals? Who are the best 4 players out of 5 that were playing for GSW

Top 5 players in the series IMHO are Steph, Dame, Klay, Draymond and Iggy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:55am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

Name one all star that Dame has been paid with since he got into the league apart from Melo

L. Aldridge, he played 3 good seasons with Aldridge, Aldridge was still hot before he left for San Antonio!

Are we going to pretend CJ Mc Collum is not a star in this league? Are we going to debate he is not a 1/2 punch? Or is it because he doesn't have an All Star appearance?

Should I list the depth of his roster since he got in the league? I mean players who were in their prime in their respective positions!

Now, PLEASE SHOW ME THE STARS THAT KYRIE PLAYED WITH FROM 2011-2014.

I am waiting!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:57am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

A. AminuPF
J. NurkicC
D. LillardPG
C. McCollumSG
E. TurnerG
BENCH
Z. CollinsPF
E. DavisC
P. ConnaughtonSG
W. Baldwin IVG
C. SwaniganF
J. LaymanSF
M. LeonardC
S. NapierG

A. DavisPF
N. MiroticF
R. RondoPG
J. HolidayPG
E. MooreG
BENCH
D. MillerSF
S. HillSF
I. ClarkG
C. DialloF
E. OkaforC
F. JacksonPG
J. CrawfordG
D. LigginsG

The above was the team for both sides in the Pelicans vs Blazers series. Who in God's name picked the Blazers to win, the Pelicans had 4 out of the best 6 players, they had the best 2 defensive players, they had the best half-court playmaker and in terms of match-ups had the biggest advantage in the fact that the Blazers had no one to guard AD. So I repeat who ever picked the Blazers to win, needs to go learn more basketball because the Blazers had no chance to win
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:00am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

L. Aldridge, he played 3 good seasons with Aldridge, Aldridge was still hot before he left for San Antonio!

Are we going to pretend CJ Mc Collum is not a star in this league? Are we going to debate he is not a 1/2 punch? Or is it because he doesn't have an All Star appearance?

Should I list the depth of his roster since he got in the league? I mean players who were in their prime in their respective positions!

I am waiting!

You are with a straight face calling CJ a star. What next Andrew Wiggins too is a star right. Cj is at best a low end 3rd option. I see you are once again acting as if Kyrie never played for the Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:00am On Oct 23, 2021
Ref that Tech call on Tatum was soft as hell.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 2:01am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Abeg if you get that Beyonce tape, no waste time abeg grin

If Dame was not on that list, I probably won't be as bothered, that's the difference. What success are we speaking about here? The sweep by the Pelicans is one, how about the 1-4 1st round loss to the Grizzlies led by Mike Conley? Freaking Mike Conley! The manner of loss considering the roster is what makes it even more difficult to accept. We are talking about 5 1st round losses with sweeps and gentleman sweeps. In 2019, despite the depth of his roster, they needed a bubble play-in to make it into the post-season.

It is on this thread, my paddy @A40 holds a strong line about Harden choking (a good argument on his part I must add) in the post season but we should excuse Dame for repeated choke jobs? How about AD? It is on this thread, AD committed a capital sin for not taking the Pelicans farther than he did with the scrubs he played with but I am supposed to excuse the sweeps, gentleman sweeps, bad losses and 1st round exits despite having a competitive roster.

Naaaaa. It doesn't work that way.

What I am seeing is that you are the one disrespecting Dame. You gloss over his achievements. Imagine saying “ Apart from the Western Conference finals”. grin

But then you focus on his mistakes while glossing over Kyrie’s. Kyrie has not had any winning without Lebron in this league despite playing in the weaker conference all his life.

Weak teams line the Raptors, 76ers, dysfunctional Pistons, and unserious Nets were keeping him bottom of the conference pre-Lebron.

Dame has a higher scoring average, higher rebounds average, higher assist average. Dame is a better leader.

Dame has gotten to a conference finals as the best player in a team. Something Kyrie can only ever dream of. I feel confident in saying probably something Kyrie would never do.

You can make an argument for Kyrie (which I will disagree with) but not this outrage you are trying to propagate. This is not Dominique not making the Top 50 list.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:02am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

You are with a straight face calling CJ a star. Cj is at best a low end 3rd option. I see you are once again acting as if Kyrie never played for the Celtics.

You can not turn this amala.. I won't..

How did you go from list one other All Star apart from Melo to this?

Kyrie had a loaded team in the Celtics they say! Oh yea.. You mean after Hayward had the freak injury? We got to the conference finals without Kyrie but do you realize we would have gotten to the finals if Kyrie was not injured? Do you care to remind us he was having an MVP caliber season before he went down injured? I bleed Green and like many other Celtics we knew we were a Kyrie away from a finals appearance. Maybe that is why many Celtic fans are upset with Kyrie.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 2:08am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Kyrie had a loaded team in the Celtics they say! Oh yea.. You mean after Hayward had the freak injury? We got to the conference finals without Kyrie but do you realize we would have gotten to the finals if Kyrie was not injured? Do you care to remind us he was having an MVP caliber season before he went down injured? I bleed Green and like many other Celtics we knew we were a Kyrie away from a finals appearance. Maybe that is why many Celtic fans are upset with Kyrie.

What was your record with Kyrie and your record without him. I want to check something real quick.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:08am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

You were the only talking about naming players Dame has played with in their primes.
Also what happened to the Celtics the 2nd season where they were all fit save for Gordon?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:13am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

You were the only talking about naming players Dame has played with in their primes.
Also what happened to the Celtics the 2nd season where they were all fit save for Gordon?

All these amala turning will not save you. You said outside of Melo and I told you Aldridge but somehow you want to shove that to the side like it doesn't matter. We have also gone from what happened to the Celtics and I reminded you he was having an MVP caliber season before going down despite losing Hayward to the freak injury, now it's the 2nd season. You are clutching on straws at this point.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:13am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

What I am seeing is that you are the one disrespecting Dame. You gloss over his achievements. Imagine saying “ Apart from the Western Conference finals”. grin

But then you focus on his mistakes while glossing over Kyrie’s. Kyrie has not had any winning without Lebron in this league despite playing in the weaker conference all his life.

Weak teams line the Raptors, 76ers, dysfunctional Pistons, and unserious Nets were keeping him bottom of the conference pre-Lebron.

Dame has a higher scoring average, higher rebounds average, higher assist average. Dame is a better leader.

Dame has gotten to a conference finals as the best player in a team. Something Kyrie can only ever dream of. I feel confident in saying probably something Kyrie would never do.

You can make an argument for Kyrie (which I will disagree with) but not this outrage you are trying to propagate. This is not Dominique not making the Top 50 list.

Abi ohh, You forget the Hornets, even the Bucks made the playoffs during that time with a bunch of know names.
Someone is now talking about Dame losing to the grit n grind Grizzlies like it was an unforgivable thing. That Grizzlies team was very good and exceptional difficult to play against.
This is one of the reasons I dislike discussions with people who only go online and look at stats and never watch games or who just started watching basketball and look at history true numbers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:15am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

What was your record with Kyrie and your record without him. I want to check something real quick.

Show me Dame's post season stats let me check something abeg!

Don't even go too far, show me his stats in the sweeps against the Pelicans and the Warriors, make I leave the Grizzlies. Ain't nothing wrong with getting swept but choking and not showing up consistently in those series? Come on man!
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 2:15am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

I am waiting!

The disrespect on CJ mehn.
Dame got injured at some point last season and CJ carried that team until his return.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:16am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

All these amala turning will not save you. You said outside of Melo and I told you Aldridge but somehow you want to shove that to the side like it doesn't matter. We have also gone from what happened to the Celtics and I reminded you he was having an MVP caliber season before going down despite losing Hayward to the freak injury, now it's the 2nd season. You are clutching on straws at this point.

What did Kyrie achieve with the Celtics? It's a simple question baba.
You keep repeating the drivel of him playing at an MVP level for half a season. Joe Johnson, once played half a season at an MVP level nobody is considering him for a place in the top 75.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:17am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

Top 5 players in the series IMHO are Steph, Dame, Klay, Draymond and Iggy
Ohh you're talking Portland? Can Iggy carry scoring responsibilities like CJ? I don't agree this one sha. Steph, Maybe Dray but the role CJ does Dray cannot fill it for Portland anyway so I no gree that GSW had the top 4 players in that series never mind 5. Una no respect CJ at all sha

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:18am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

Abi ohh, You forget the Hornets, even the Bucks made the playoffs during that time with a bunch of know names.
Someone is now talking about Dame losing to the grit n grind Grizzlies like it was an unforgivable thing. That Grizzlies team was very good and exceptional difficult to play against.
This is one of the reasons I dislike discussions with people who only go online and look at stats and never watch games or who just started watching basketball and look at history true numbers.

Miss me with this rubbish and respectfully, you don't have to engage me!

I have been playing, watching and analyzing basketball before you discovered a basketball is round. No jokes!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:18am On Oct 23, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

Dame got injured at some point last season and CJ carried that team until his return.
The thing weak me
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:19am On Oct 23, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

I dey tell you! All if a sudden they want to slide the argument to Dame has been playing with scrubs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Honlucas and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.