Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1893) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637535 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:08am On Apr 17, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:
Good day. Does anyone have links with which I can watch the playoffs from Naija?
download navmix
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 7:32am On Apr 17, 2022
etidy:
download navmix

Isn't navmix meant for discussions alone?
I want video links
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:49am On Apr 17, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Isn't navmix meant for discussions alone?
I want video links
. No, I watch all NBA, ufc, formula 1 and European league games there
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 8:53am On Apr 17, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:
Good day. Does anyone have links with which I can watch the playoffs from Naija?

Hesgoal
Re: The NBA Begins by ovoP(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:
I watch it on sportybet.. you'll need to create an account tho
Re: The NBA Begins by ovoP(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2022
The grizzlies play better without morant, they went on a long run in the second half, when he was of the floor .. tyus Jones organises the offence better than him..

Although in a series that is slower, with morant, they would be better
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thanos:

lamelo not a natural scorer? Bruh! You sabi pass this an. That he is more 'creative' in his style of play does not take away from the fact that the man can but the ball in the hoop. It's more a less a matter of time before he figures out how t balance his playmaking with scoring, but don't say he chuks the ball when edwards sef worse pass am in that regard
Bro. I have been pro Lamelo and pushed for him to win ROY contrary to popular opinion that Edwards should have won it. I call it as I see it and I'm telling you in all sincerity that Lamelo is not a natural scorer, he can score yes but Lamelo taking the most FG for your team is not a winning formula

Anthony Edwards is a scorer, maybe not efficient but he can improve. Lamelo's teams will get better when he keys in on being a true pass first PG a la Chris Paul. He's featured in two play in games. His shooting percentage? 28% If you're the PG taking that many shots on an inefficient clip your team does not have a prayer
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

The bottom-line is in the 3 years since three teams Lakers, Clippers and Nets got their big duo together. One team has a chip and as for the other 2, the Clippers are 3 and done, while the Nets will have to go through 3 top teams to even get the chance of competing for a chip. People like you can shout fugazi all you want but the Lakers have a championship to show for their all in moves while the other have none.
Why are you including 3 years when Kyrie and KD have only played in 2.

Lakers are the only team that have spent 3 years together. Are supposedly the better duo and a pandemic flavored chip is all they have to show for it. The likes of Brooklyn can bring up injury excuse, Not the Lakers

Lebron and AD - 108 games
KD and Kyrie - 44 games
Harden, KD and Kyrie - 16 games

Kawhi and PG have played 80 games together. For only two seasons not 3 like you erroneously claim.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
Roland17:
Poor Jokic, the man is literarily carrying the Nuggets all by himself on both ends of the court. I have seen enough to award him my MVP for the regular season.
The man is surrounded by mediocrity. If you watched the box score for example you would think Will Barton had a good game but he was atrocious
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thanos:

Bro! Be factual. Ja sold this game. Is he an all star? Yes! Is he a highlight reel? Yes! But man, his decision making was piss poor in this game and how he managed to get 30+ points (alas, free throws) was beyond me. He is not a point guard in the sense of the word, someone that orchestrates and offence. He is more in the mould of Westbrook and we know the result of having your point guard playing in that manner.
Good that you can observe this. This is also what Lamelo is morphing into at this rate and is doing it worse than Morant so I'm surprised you missed it
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
Why are you including 3 years when Kyrie and KD have only played in 2.

Lakers are the only team that have spent 3 years together. Are supposedly the better duo and a pandemic flavored chip is all they have to show for it. The likes of Brooklyn can bring up injury excuse, Not the Lakers

KD and Kyrie - 44 games

Kawhi and PG have played 80 games together. For only two seasons not 3 like you erroneously claim.

Baba, the KD and Kyrie project for the Nets is in its 3rd year. That's the fact, whether they've played together or not is not the issue as far as I know they've been on the payroll for 3 years and have been cashing them checks for those 3 years.
You are also claiming 3 years for the Lakers even thought most of those 108 appearances happened in the year they won the chip together and the other 2 seasons have been riddled with injuries for both AD and Lebron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
Good that you can observe this. This is also what Lamelo is morphing into at this rate and is doing it worse than Morant so I'm surprised you missed it

Both morant and Lamelo, still need learn how to play winning basketball. I liken their case to be like that of Booker before Monty and CP3 showed him the winning template and we can all see how he has run with it.
As a general observation, some of these organizations are not doing their young franchise cornerstones any favors. Look at the Grizzlies, Twolves and the Hornets and you will observe symptoms of the same issues.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
The man is surrounded by mediocrity. If you watched the box score for example you would think Will Barton had a good game but he was atrocious

It will be one of the biggest travesties in the history of modern basketball if Jokic doesn't get a chance to play in the finals of the NBA playoffs. He becomes an UFA in 2023, he has chosen to stay silent until after the playoffs this season. He can sign the Supermax in the summer or leave. It would be interesting to see what he does because for such a talented superstar who is already 27, he is being sold short at Denver.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
I know my eyes have been itching me lately but I'm very certain there's no asterisks beside the 2020 ring, neither is there a bracket that says 'bubble ring' grin Abeg make una help me check am well o

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
Roland17:

It will be one of the biggest travesties in the history of modern basketball if Jokic doesn't get a chance to play in the finals of the NBA playoffs. He becomes an UFA in 2023, he has chosen to stay silent until after the playoffs this season. He can sign the Supermax in the summer or leave. It would be interesting to see what he does because for such a talented superstar who is already 27, he is being sold short at Denver.

He will stay with them, Denver has not been doing that bad in building around him until they decided to give MPJ that albatross of a contract, apart from that they've made some solid moves in filling out that roster. Just hope for them that their gamble on MPJ pays off
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

Baba, the KD and Kyrie project for the Nets is in its 3rd year. That's the fact, whether they've played together or not is not the issue as far as I know they've been on the payroll for 3 years and have been cashing them checks for those 3 years.
You are also claiming 3 years for the Lakers even thought most of those 108 appearances happened in the year they won the chip together and the other 2 seasons have been riddled with injuries for both AD and Lebron.
Don't be dubious. KD missed the entire season and Kyrie missed half of it. Adding the bubble season is dubious and dishonest. Same way adding Kawhi for the Clippers this season is dishonest. They did not play at all so it cannot possibly count

KD and Kyrie - 44 games

There is not a season Lebron and AD did not play at least 20 games together. Same cannot be said for any other duo so your argument is inaccurate

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
The 3s are falling for the boys from south beach grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
Disney ring

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
Don't be dubious. KD missed the entire season and Kyrie missed half of it. Adding the bubble season is dubious and dishonest. Same way adding Kawhi for the Clippers this season is dishonest. They did not play at all so it cannot possibly count

KD and Kyrie - 44 games

There is not a season Lebron and AD did not play at least 20 games together. Same cannot be said for any other duo so your argument is inaccurate

Oga, all that is just excuses. Kyrie personally decided not to play this season, nobody forced him to sit out. When it's all said and done the Lakers have a chip to show for the all in move, while the Nets and the Clippers have nothing to show for theirs

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

Both morant and Lamelo, still need learn how to play winning basketball. I liken their case to be like that of Booker before Monty and CP3 showed him the winning template and we can all see how he has run with it.
As a general observation, some of these organizations are not doing their young franchise cornerstones any favors. Look at the Grizzlies, Twolves and the Hornets and you will observe symptoms of the same issues.
The truth is very few teams have true old school points that can run the offense. What you have is combo guards who basically play the point nominally and due to size.

You can see the influence of CP3 and Jrue Holiday on their respective teams, Jrue is not CP3 level for instance but he's very much been an upgrade on Bledsoe. Giannis is handling the ball less and the WALL has been rendered ineffective against him
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

He will stay with them, Denver has not been doing that bad in building around him until they decided to give MPJ that albatross of a contract, apart from that they've made some solid moves in filling out that roster. Just hope for them that their gamble on MPJ pays off

Neither MPJ nor Murray have shown they can stay healthy and that is a big problem. If Jamal and MPJ were healthy, the Nuggets would have wicked depth in their roster and will make some noise. With regards to MPJ's contract, while some portions are guaranteed, a good portion is also incentivized on his ability to stay healthy, number of games and making the All Star.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

Oga, all that is just excuses. Kyrie personally decided not to play this season, nobody forced him to sit out. When it's all said and done the Lakers have a chip to show for the all in move, while the Nets and the Clippers have nothing to show for theirs
A Disney pandemic chip that even Lakers fans and non Bronsexuals no too rate
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
Roland17:

Really nothing he can do. His two best options are hurt. That would be like Embiid missing Maxey and Harden

Provided Murray makes a full recovery Denver is still the smart play
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
Trae needs to develop a jumper, I don't mean a floater, a real jumper around the bucket. The Heat are trapping Trae very high up which is forcing him to give up the ball and more importantly, it blocks his driving lane to even attempt his floaters.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
The Hawks have no answer for that high trap the Heat are employing. Ironically, the solution is as simple as early and quick ball movement, instead of forcefully trying to initiate offense from the top of the key.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Roland17:
Trae needs to develop a jumper, I don't mean a floater, a real jumper around the bucket. The Heat are trapping Trae very high up which is forcing him to give up the ball and more importantly, it blocks his driving lane to even attempt his floaters.
That is why I laugh each time I hear this more skilled bants. They just spam a boatload of 3's and when it's not falling no plan B. That's why the shooting numbers are either amazing or look like tour dates. No happy middle ground
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
That is why I laugh each time I hear this more skilled bants. They just spam a boatload of 3's and when it's not falling no plan B. That's why the shooting numbers are either amazing or look like tour dates. No happy middle ground

You are right on the money and this is with some soft calls oh. I would add that the Hawks lucked their way through the play-in tournament by not playing any kind of defense and now, it has caught up to them badly because this Miami defense is stifling the life out of Trae and the Hawks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:

This is the issue I have with people like you, we all know how long it too the likes of Kobe, tmac, AI, grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, Tony Parker, Jkidd etc to develop an all round game. Trea is just in his 4th season, some of the guys I listed above took almost a decade to get a jumper or fill up the holes in their games. so please stop this using every opportunity to bash these young guys. You keep making it sound like all the great players walked into the league as 3 level scorers and they did not work on anything year after year.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Roland17:

You are right on the money and this is with some soft calls oh. I would add that the Hawks lucked their way through the play-in tournament by not playing any kind of defense and now, it has caught up to them badly because this Miami defense is stifling the life out of Trae and the Hawks.
Barring catastrophic injuries this should be a quick series. Miami has more shooters so they are better at what Trae does best. I struggle to see Atlanta winning more than a game
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:

If there is any player that can make adjustments its Trae young. He has his limitations but if his shots are not falling, he can still fall back on his play making.

The only problem in this series is that he has no big man to work with and the heats have multiple elite perimeter defenders they can keep throwing at him.
This series is actually the worst case scenario for Trae but I am sure he would still get hot for at least a game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

This is the issue I have with people like you, we all know how long it too the likes of Kobe, tmac, AI, grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, Tony Parker, Jkidd etc to develop an all round game. Trea is just in his 4th season, some of the guys I listed above took almost a decade to get a jumper or fill up the holes in their games. so please stop this using every opportunity to bash these young guys. You keep making it sound like all the great players walked into the league as 3 level scorers and they did not work on anything year after year.
Why are you raging like a bull in a China shop. I was not referring to just Trae. I'm saying there are several players in this era that sit on that table. No be person be Harden? No be person be Ben Simmons?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Make I go drink water fess grin
#GREENRUNSDEEP

(1) (2) (3) ... (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: will007, mannatech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.