Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,497 members, 7,826,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637274 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) ... (2223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
Why are you raging like a bull in a China shop. I was not referring to just Trae. I'm saying there are several players in this era that sit on that table. No be person be Harden? No be person be Ben Simmons?

Oga, I remember watching kobe airballing a jumper. Did anybody kill him, these days a young player does 1 simple mistake he is railroaded as if he killed somebody.
As for the Simmons, jkidd could not shoot at all until after at least 10-12 years in the league and he was fine.
That is why I will always respect the older IT, he always talks about the organic development of a player and how it takes time before a player becomes the finished product.
Trae right now is already has more tools in his bag than Tony Parker did all through his career and he is just in him 4th year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
The league has to address these "take fouls" teams are committing to stop transition buckets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
This is exactly what I am talking about angry Theis a defender helplessly keeps his hands up while defending but still gets called for a foul.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
Omo. This celtics dey choke KD. 3 TOs in 5 minutes
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
You dare use B. Brown to bring the ball up against these Celtics.. You better rethink that decision. I love our energy and intensity to start this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
Come on guy! We need to stop missing these free throws
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
The game is choppy and I am loving it grin angry grin angry
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
Wow...see the defence on K.D shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
Nets are still there. They have to cut down the TOs somehow and force more stops
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
How are the Celtics not up by ten with all those stops.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hohenheim:

That's the only positive for the nets right now
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hohenheim:

Missed free throws and easy bunnies.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
Horford being able to bring the ball up for us is very very important because it hastens transition bucket immediately after a rebound.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
We are missing too many easy buckets angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
Roland17:
We are missing too many easy buckets angry

Too many
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
Okay ref, these calls are becoming ridiculous
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
COME ONE GUYS angry angry angry angry angry WHAT IS WITH THESE EASY MISSES angry angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
We will STIFFLE the life out of you!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
Take the easy shot White, that pass to Smart was not smart. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
Still tied. Phew... The nets need KD to start hitting buckets
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
The Celts dared KD to beat them with the midrange the whole of the first half grin. No plan B what so ever form KD. Let's see what he brings in the second half.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Wtf just happened
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

Oga, I remember watching kobe airballing a jumper. Did anybody kill him, these days a young player does 1 simple mistake he is railroaded as if he killed somebody.
As for the Simmons, jkidd could not shoot at all until after at least 10-12 years in the league and he was fine.
That is why I will always respect the older IT, he always talks about the organic development of a player and how it takes time before a player becomes the finished product.
Trae right now is already has more tools in his bag than Tony Parker did all through his career and he is just in him 4th year.
What are you talking about? Who is talking about missing shots? Anybody can miss shots! We are talking about not having counters to what the opposing defense is showing you.

Even after telling you I was speaking in generic terms you still chose to personalize it talking about IT. How is this relevant to anything? What have you seen from Ben Simmons and James Harden that tells you their game will change

Jason Kidd was not an elite shooter not that he didn't shoot at all so stop capping like internet no dey to easily debunk your claims

Imagine claiming Trae Young has more tools in his bag than Tony Parker. You people don't know more than spamming 3 pt shots. To una eye that is what constitutes tools. I'm sure you were one of those siding with James Harden that he had more bag than Giannis.
Just this statement alone makes me question your entire knowledge of the game

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
Just stay poised guys! JB doing it on both ends
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
They keep daring Smart to shoot and he is punishing them..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
The Nets have started this their thing where only KD and Kyrie touch the ball on offense. When I do, you do.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
What are you talking about? Who is talking about missing shots? Anybody can miss shots! We are talking about not having counters to what the opposing defense is showing you.

Even after telling you I was speaking in generic terms you still chose to personalize it talking about IT. How is this relevant to anything? What have you seen from Ben Simmons and James Harden that tells you their game will change

Jason Kidd was not an elite shooter not that he didn't shoot at all so stop capping like internet no dey to easily debunk your claims

Imagine claiming Trae Young has more tools in his bag than Tony Parker. You people don't know more than spamming 3 pt shots. To una eye that is what constitutes tools. I'm sure you were one of those siding with James Harden that he had more bag than Giannis.
Just this statement alone makes me question your entire knowledge of the game

Oga till Parker retired his jumper was suspect, his scoring ability was getting to the basket and that patented tear drop floater that he mastered from the paint. There is a reason he led the league in multiple years in points scored in the paint among guards.
Trae can already, score at the basket, he has a floater, he can shoot the 3 from anywhere, so tell me again what Tony had that he does not currently have.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
Grandpa Al Horford is bullying Brooklyn in the paint. Their lack of size is shocking
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
steady986:
The Nets have started this their thing where only KD and Kyrie touch the ball on offense. When I do, you do.

It was always a given, as soon as the opposing team starts building any sort of lead, the head honchos start trading iso ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
We die here!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
Khanben:

Oga till Parker retired his jumper was suspect, his scoring ability was getting to the basket and that patented tear drop floater that he mastered from the paint. There is a reason he led the league in multiple years in points scored in the paint among guards.
Trae can already, score at the basket, he has a floater, he can shoot the 3 from anywhere, so tell me again what Tony had that he does not currently have.
Alaye all you're mentioning is aesthetics. The numbers do not back a single thing you have said there.

Anybody that ever watched Prime Tony Parker knows he was a much harder guy to stop than Trae Young

He can shoot the 3 from anywhere yen yen yen but is he remotely effective at it? You people conflate shot spamming for a skillset. 31% from 3 na him you no wan make we hear word

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
Bruce brown really jinxed the Nets. Lol
He has to dunk that. Onto the second game, hopefully we learn from our mistakes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) ... (2223) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.