Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1892) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1638048 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
A40:
Your argument is not giving what you think it's giving.

AD has played more games than Kawhi and Paul George over this time span
LeNomad has played even more games.

Of those 3 dynamic duo only LeNomad and AD have played more than 2 seasons together. Bear in mind even in those two seasons the other guys played at least 1 player suffered season ending injury

Relatively speaking LeNomad and AD have dealt with fewer injuries than the others

They deserve every criticism in the world because our eyes are open to the Disney bubble championship they won. Every passing year that title is going to look even more fugazi.

How do you question people criticizing a team this loaded failing to finish top 10 in a conference with 3 teams actively tanking? The Rockets, Thunder and Trailblazers were shamelessly tanking and a team with such talent could not do top 10 in a 15 team conference? Are you kidding me?

There is a banner hanging at staples or is it the crypto center now. I deal in reality not narratives, and the reality is for all that has happened the Lakers Lebron and AD experiment has produced a championship.
Let's start with the Clippers in the same time span, AD has played 138 games while PG13 has played 133, so there's is little or no difference there. Both their superstars were fully fit in the bubble and they had nothing to show for it, 3 years and counting the Clippers still don't have even a conference championship to show for winning the offseason in 2019.
As for the Nets they had 2 MVPs and an all nba player on the same team for most of 2 seasons and unless, they can win it all this year which I very much doubt, that is also 3 years of nothing will incredible players.
So why do both of these franchises get a pass, but the Lakers get continuously shit on as if the last time they won a championship was 20 years ago.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
I go to ESPN, those mofos are talking about a lakers team that did not even make the play in. I run to Fs1, still Shannon and skip are yapping about LeBron and the lakers. I scoot over to nairaland. Yet na LeBron and LA matter them still dey drag. Na wa o. When utah and mavs just played a well contested game. Smh.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
Thanos:
I go to ESPN, those mofos are talking about a lakers team that did not even make the play in. I run to Fs1, still Shannon and skip are yapping about LeBron and the lakers. I scoot over to nairaland. Yet na LeBron and LA matter them still dey drag. Na wa o. When utah and mavs just played a well contested game. Smh.

The combo of LeBron and the Lakers is media orgasm. Can't deny that.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
The refs allowing some physicality in this Grizz/T. Wolves game. I love it.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
The wolves might just be the best match up for this memphis
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
felix00:
The wolves might just be the best match up for this memphis

Both teams are young, play quick transition basket and highly offensive.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
ESPN's coverage of this season's post season is pitiful. From the studio analysis to courtside to game commentary to audio, they have been shambolic.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
The Twolves half court offense is very basic. grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
steady986:

The combo of LeBron and the Lakers is media orgasm. Can't deny that.

That's something I just don't understand, other teams are doing so well who deserve to be talked about. They just keep beating this Lakers and Lebron narrative to death I swear
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
KAT
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
KAT with no joy! What a facial on J. Jackson! Jackson should have made a business decision there.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
What's up with D' angelo tonight. Dude is 1/10 from the field
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
Every time the Grizzlies make a run the Timberwolves stave them off to keep their lead.

How about Ja's dunk?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
Roland17:
Every time the Grizzlies make a run the Timberwolves stave them off to keep their lead.

How about Ja's dunk?
Someone needs to tell these guys to stop spamming threes. You're not klay and steph.

KAT should be eating in the midrange and the paint
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
A. Edwards wants all the heat and smoke. Man has put the league on notice...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
etidy:

Someone needs to tell these guys to stop spamming threes. You're not klay and steph.

KAT should be eating in the midrange and the paint

For this era when everybody believe say dem better pass Steph/ Klay?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
When the game is tight should not be when yo should be spamming difficult threes. When there are easy buckets to be made. If the Twolves are smart they should be out of sight by now. Meanwhile the Grizzlies are a turnover machine grin
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
grin grin
Roland17:

For this era when everybody believe say dem better pass Steph/ Klay?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
Khanben:

There is a banner hanging at staples or is it the crypto center now. I deal in reality not narratives, and the reality is for all that has happened the Lakers Lebron and AD experiment has produced a championship.
Let's start with the Clippers in the same time span, AD has played 138 games while PG13 has played 133, so there's is little or no difference there. Both their superstars were fully fit in the bubble and they had nothing to show for it, 3 years and counting the Clippers still don't have even a conference championship to show for winning the offseason in 2019.
As for the Nets they had 2 MVPs and an all nba player on the same team for most of 2 seasons and unless, they can win it all this year which I very much doubt, that is also 3 years of nothing will incredible players.
So why do both of these franchises get a pass, but the Lakers get continuously shit on as if the last time they won a championship was 20 years ago.
Even the Lakers know it's been a failure thus far and you're here doing Johnny Cochrane.

That pandemic banner was made possible by a once in a lifetime health crisis that allowed LeNomad and AD a full offseason of rest and recovery only coming back to play a quarter of a league season

Any surprises they have not been able to be in good shape since? What the Lakers benefited from is what likely teams like the Clippers, Nuggets would benefit had another pandemic hit

AD has played more games than Kawhi and Paul George, not just Paul George. Don't claim there is no difference there

Harden basically played a season with Brooklyn. KD, Harden and Kyrie altogether played 16 games.

Lebron and AD - 108 games
KD and Kyrie - 44 games
Harden, KD and Kyrie - 16 games

Including them in the same argument is borderline irresponsible

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
The Grizzlies are struggling to score and that's because they have taken a lot of low % shots. The Grizzlies have not exactly surrounded Ja with shooters/ scorers or even players who can create for themselves. They rely heavily on transition and pace and when that is taken away and the game slows down, they struggle to make buckets. KAT will be a difficult matchup for the Grizzlies because of what he can do on offense which eliminates Adams and forces them to go small against a Wolves team with length and size.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
Roland17:
The Grizzlies are struggling to score and that's because they have taken a lot of low % shots. The Grizzlies have not exactly surrounded Ja with shooters/ scorers or even players who can create for themselves. They rely heavily on transition and pace and when that is taken away and the game slows down, they struggle to make buckets. KAT will be a difficult matchup for the Grizzlies because of what he can do on offense which eliminates Adams and forces them to go small against a Wolves team with length and size.

Your analysis is spot on. They depend so much on pushing the pace when morant is in the floor. Unfortunately in the playoffs, the game slows down.
I still think the Grizzlies can reorganize themselves and win this series but they need this lesson in humility.

They need to stop feeling themselves too much, you ain't won nothing yet.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
I'm slowly becoming a believer in this Anthony Edwards guy. Unlike Lamelo who has now become a notorious ball hog and shot chucker despite not being a natural scorer, Ant has improved on his shot selection. He's still gunning every now and then but he is starting to do it within the flow of the game unlike Lamelo who has left his facilitator duties and is doing an inefficiency dance off with Rozier in Charlotte

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
etidy:

Your analysis is spot on. They depend so much on pushing the pace when morant is in the floor. Unfortunately in the playoffs, the game slows down.
I still think the Grizzlies can reorganize themselves and win this series but they need this lesson in humility.

They need to stop feeling themselves too much, you ain't won nothing yet.

One thing I'd say is that they can not afford to go 0-2 down because that will be difficult to recover from, especially when you consider their lack of experience in the playoffs.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hubbie Brown to the rescue as always..
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 12:03am On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
I'm slowly becoming a believer in this Anthony Edwards guy. Unlike Lamelo who has now become a notorious ball hog and shot chucker despite not being a natural scorer, Ant has improved on his shot selection. He's still gunning every now and then but he is starting to do it within the flow of the game unlike Lamelo who has left his facilitator duties and is doing an inefficiency dance off with Rozier in Charlotte
lamelo not a natural scorer? Bruh! You sabi pass this an. That he is more 'creative' in his style of play does not take away from the fact that the man can but the ball in the hoop. It's more a less a matter of time before he figures out how t balance his playmaking with scoring, but don't say he chuks the ball when edwards sef worse pass am in that regard
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 12:05am On Apr 17, 2022
Roland17:

One thing I'd say is that they can not afford to go 0-2 down because that will be difficult to recover from, especially when you consider their lack of experience in the playoffs.
Bro! Be factual. Ja sold this game. Is he an all star? Yes! Is he a highlight reel? Yes! But man, his decision making was piss poor in this game and how he managed to get 30+ points (alas, free throws) was beyond me. He is not a point guard in the sense of the word, someone that orchestrates and offence. He is more in the mould of Westbrook and we know the result of having your point guard playing in that manner.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:36am On Apr 17, 2022
A40:
Even the Lakers know it's been a failure thus far and you're here doing Johnny Cochrane.

That pandemic banner was made possible by a once in a lifetime health crisis that allowed LeNomad and AD a full offseason of rest and recovery only coming back to play a quarter of a league season

Any surprises they have not been able to be in good shape since? What the Lakers benefited from is what likely teams like the Clippers, Nuggets would benefit had another pandemic hit

AD has played more games than Kawhi and Paul George, not just Paul George. Don't claim there is no difference there

Harden basically played a season with Brooklyn. KD, Harden and Kyrie altogether played 16 games.

Lebron and AD - 108 games
KD and Kyrie - 44 games
Harden, KD and Kyrie - 16 games

Including them in the same argument is borderline irresponsible

The bottom-line is in the 3 years since three teams Lakers, Clippers and Nets got their big duo together. One team has a chip and as for the other 2, the Clippers are 3 and done, while the Nets will have to go through 3 top teams to even get the chance of competing for a chip. People like you can shout fugazi all you want but the Lakers have a championship to show for their all in moves while the other have none.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:42am On Apr 17, 2022
Thanos:

Bro! Be factual. Ja sold this game. Is he an all star? Yes! Is he a highlight reel? Yes! But man, his decision making was piss poor in this game and how he managed to get 30+ points (alas, free throws) was beyond me. He is not a point guard in the sense of the word, someone that orchestrates and offence. He is more in the mould of Westbrook and we know the result of having your point guard playing in that manner.

He is a modern point guard and that is not necessarily the problem. The coach IMHO is to be blamed for what is going on, most of the top teams in the playoffs spent all season working on their half court offense, because that is what playoffs basketball is all about but the Grizzlies and Twolves kept on with this pace and transition stuff as if that is what they will.be facing come playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:05am On Apr 17, 2022
Thanos:

You are overreacting and may be behind on how much the game has evolved.

There are 30 teams in the NBA, show me how many teams have a traditional starting PG amongst the 30.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:52am On Apr 17, 2022
Love this Denver/Warriors match up..Most likely might go down the wire...
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:01am On Apr 17, 2022
Good day. Does anyone have links with which I can watch the playoffs from Naija?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:31am On Apr 17, 2022
Poor Jokic, the man is literarily carrying the Nuggets all by himself on both ends of the court. I have seen enough to award him my MVP for the regular season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.