Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620763 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
felix00:

I think you are underestimating the by Nets A LOT.

Celtics barely won the last they met and JT had to drop 50 for that to happen in a game that was KDs first game back from 2 months lay off and with a bunch of newly traded key players (Drummond and Curry)
Kyrie was near perfect yesterday and KD played well too and yet they won by 7. Celtics for me are the better defensive team and the better coached team and don't forget Ime was on the Nets. I like the Celtics in this series. They have bodies they can throw at Kyrie and even KD if need be, at least enough to hurt their efficiency
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
A40:
Kyrie was near perfect yesterday and KD played well too and yet they won by 7. Celtics for me are the better defensive team and the better coached team and don't forget Ime was on the Nets. I like the Celtics in this series. They have bodies they can throw at Kyrie and even KD if need be, at least enough to hurt their efficiency

That is my own take on it took. The Celtics can absolve 65pts from both KD and Kyrie and limit the others. Another thing is KD and Kyrie had to play 41mins just to win by 7 against a Cavs team, whose linchpin on defense was not playing. I think the series will get to 6 or 7 games
Re: The NBA Begins by SlyCharlie(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2022
who's up?
its hornets@ hawks

lamelo ball v trae young....
its go hard or go home!!

hawks should win this tho.....

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Defense is optional- Jaylen Rose

To buttress how tough the Eastern conference is this year, the Heat may match up against a very capable Hawks team, especially if they get Collins back or a sound Cavs team, if Allen returns.
It is difficult to confidently say the Heat will beat the Hawks in a 7 game series.. maybe the Cavs but it is going to be close.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:51am On Apr 14, 2022
I will never forget the disrespect CJ suffered on this thread because of Dame. CJ deserves a ton of apologies from many of una.. We know una well, well, if una like make una hide, the internet never forgets!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Apr 14, 2022
Keldon Johnson hasn't taken the leap I expected this season, especially after being part of the Gold medal team in the Olympics. Good thing is that he is only 22 and still has the time to develop.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:03am On Apr 14, 2022
KNIGHTBlaed:

I think na for around 5th pick someone pick LeBron, cos him been tay before Buddha pick am. That move turned out to be the pick of the season, cos baba was on fire. I don get my team down already for next season. grin grin

Lmao. E no go work. We go disrupt am.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:12am On Apr 14, 2022
That Spurs team was thrust in the play in spot against their will. They tried to tank but the Lakers made it impossible to do it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
I have a question, a lot of people keep talking about how the Lakers project with Lebron has been a failure. What with just 1 championship in 4 years. My question is, why is there not the same hang on about the Clippers project with Kwahi and PG13, or the Nets with KD and Kyrie, by my count both these projects are in year 3 and counting and the payout has been 2nd round exits so far. Why is there not the same aggro over the Clippers and Nets breaking up their younger core for already proven stars, but there seems to be an obsession to show that the Lakers and Lebron project has been an abject failure.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2022
Two failures can coexist my bro.

This is only KD and Kyrie's second year together.

Kawhi did not play this year. Paul George is not playing tonight and missed 75% of games this season

Kawhi got hurt in the 2nd round of the playoffs this season. Essentially unlike Lebron and AD these guys have had less than 2 seasons to play together

Also AD and Lebron are a better duo than Kyrie and KD and Kawhi and PG. So it goes without saying they would be held to a higher standard. Unless you don't think they are greater
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2022
A40:
Two failures can coexist my bro.

This is only KD and Kyrie's second year together.

Kawhi did not play this year. Paul George is not playing tonight and missed 75% of games this season

Kawhi got hurt in the 2nd round of the playoffs this season. Essentially unlike Lebron and AD these guys have had less than 2 seasons to play together

Also AD and Lebron are a better duo than Kyrie and KD and Kawhi and PG. So it goes without saying they would be held to a higher standard. Unless you don't think they are greater

So you are basically stating injuries as an excuse, if that is the case why is the same leeway not given to the Lakers. lebron lost the later half of his first year and at least 1/3 of his 4th year because of injury, AD has also been injured for both his 2nd and 3rd year season with the Lakers.
So I reiterate, if the injury excuse is valid for both the Clippers and the Nets, why is the same not valid for the Lakers. At least the Lakers duo have a banner a show for all the investments, why is the same level of scrutiny not leveled on the Clippers and Nets franchise players. Remember, in both teams, these top guys also demanded their teams trade for specific players too.

PS: The Lakers have been healthy for 2 seasons since Lebron got there, and In those years they won 1 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs in the other year

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 12:08am On Apr 16, 2022
Na wa oh

In the words of my brother @A40, the next CBA meeting go OVERHOT!!

What kinda sh$t is this

Man can do a 360 dunk but can’t play. . .

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:20am On Apr 16, 2022
Experience matter during these games. JB Bickerstaff had a great season but he is responsible for this loss in many ways. The decision to start switching the P&R against Trae in the 2nd half contributed to this loss. Also, he kept triple tower combination of Allen/ Mobley/ Markkanen who were very successful on the bench.

The Hawks to their credit stayed patient and they have equalizers in Bogdanovic/ Huerter/ Trae came who came through. The loss of Capela was sort of a blessing in disguise because they went small and that neutralized a lot of what the Cavs could do offensively.

Hawks v Heat is going to be tough!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:48am On Apr 16, 2022
B. Ingram commanding a double team throughout the 2nd half is all the proof you need to know the man has earned his respect in the NBA.

Before I forget, BIG SHOUT to Ty Lue, this man is a legit coach. He pretty much coached a Clippers team without its core players to the play in tournament.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:57am On Apr 16, 2022
What a performance by B. Ingram tonight. Man was triple teamed in the final 3 minutes of the 4th but made the right plays, talk about growing in front of us....

The Pelicans are in the playoff, well deserved!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2022
Khanben:
I have a question, a lot of people keep talking about how the Lakers project with Lebron has been a failure. What with just 1 championship in 4 years. My question is, why is there not the same hang on about the Clippers project with Kwahi and PG13, or the Nets with KD and Kyrie, by my count both these projects are in year 3 and counting and the payout has been 2nd round exits so far. Why is there not the same aggro over the Clippers and Nets breaking up their younger core for already proven stars, but there seems to be an obsession to show that the Lakers and Lebron project has been an abject failure.

Who's even saying the LeBron project has been a failure? Where dem dey? cheesy Is it easy to win a championship? How many championships were they expecting him to win? There are 30 teams in this league, and each year at least 10 of them have some kind of shot to win it. They're not even considering the role injuries played in that 4 year run as well as the age of LeBron. He went there towards the twilight of his career and managed to win a championship. And somehow it was a failure. Lol. Again, different standards for LeBron.

Someone rightly pointed out that Kawhi did not play this season due to injuries, also that he got injured in the second round last playoffs. He also mentioned PG's injury. But injury to AD against the Suns don't count. Injury to AD for half this season doesn't count as well. Injuries to LeBron at various points of his Lakers career don't count. grin. Lmao. These people judge LeBron by a different standard and they don't even know it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2022
Khanben:

So you are basically stating injuries as an excuse, if that is the case why is the same leeway not given to the Lakers. lebron lost the later half of his first year and at least 1/3 of his 4th year because of injury, AD has also been injured for both his 2nd and 3rd year season with the Lakers.
So I reiterate, if the injury excuse is valid for both the Clippers and the Nets, why is the same not valid for the Lakers. At least the Lakers duo have a banner a show for all the investments, why is the same level of scrutiny not leveled on the Clippers and Nets franchise players. Remember, in both teams, these top guys also demanded their teams trade for specific players too.

PS: The Lakers have been healthy for 2 seasons since Lebron got there, and In those years they won 1 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs in the other year

Would you even count the 1st round exit year as healthy? When AD got hurt and LeBron was literally limping.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
Roland17:
I will never forget the disrespect CJ suffered on this thread because of Dame. CJ deserves a ton of apologies from many of una.. We know una well, well, if una like make una hide, the internet never forgets!
Facts. They made cj look like a cripple just to big up Lillard and slander steph.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
etidy:

Facts. They made cj look like a cripple just to big up Lillard and slander steph.

Name them angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
steady986:

Would you even count the 1st round exit year as healthy? When AD got hurt and LeBron was literally limping.

I am just including it, because he was on the court. The truth is that they've only been fully healthy during the bubble and they took full advantage of that

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
Khanben:

Your argument is not giving what you think it's giving.

AD has played more games than Kawhi and Paul George over this time span
LeNomad has played even more games.

Of those 3 dynamic duo only LeNomad and AD have played more than 2 seasons together. Bear in mind even in those two seasons the other guys played at least 1 player suffered season ending injury

Relatively speaking LeNomad and AD have dealt with fewer injuries than the others

They deserve every criticism in the world because our eyes are open to the Disney bubble championship they won. Every passing year that title is going to look even more fugazi.

How do you question people criticizing a team this loaded failing to finish top 10 in a conference with 3 teams actively tanking? The Rockets, Thunder and Trailblazers were shamelessly tanking and a team with such talent could not do top 10 in a 15 team conference? Are you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
A team with AD/ Westbrook for 40 games and Lebron/Westbrook for 56 games should be able to finish top 10 in what was essentially a 12 team conference. You Bronsexuals should have some shame tongue undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
mattfeuter:
Na wa oh

What kinda sh$t is this

There's more to the game than dunk. That Zion I'm seeing is not in basketball shape at all. He needs to look up Charles Barkley, Alex Volkanovski and find out how he can shed some pounds. At least 30-40 pounds will go a long way
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
A40:
A team with AD/ Westbrook for 40 games and Lebron/Westbrook for 56 games should be able to finish top 10 in what was essentially a 12 team conference. You Bronsexuals should have some shame tongue undecided

I usually disagree with you on LeKing. On this matter, I smell no lies. There is no perfume that can cover of the dudu of this season. If westbrook was the issue, the coach or Lebron should have manned up and laid down the rules. Whichever way you look at it, leadership was missing.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
mattfeuter:
Na wa oh

What kinda sh$t is this

so what was the point of the 360 dunk? I guess the rumors are true then, he wants to be traded to the Knicks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
birdman:

I usually disagree with you on LeKing. On this matter, I smell no lies. There is no perfume that can cover of the dudu of this season. If westbrook was the issue, the coach or Lebron should have manned up and laid down the rules. Whichever way you look at it, leadership was missing.
My own is in a conference with 12 teams competing for the playoffs a LeNomad led team somehow managed to finish outside the top 10. There are no rational excuses for this type of failure. Not even injuries. A team with 3 all star caliber players?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Brave showing by the Mavs
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
If the Jazz cannot beat a Doncic-less Mavs then it's time to break the Jazz..I suggested breaking them after last season anyways.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
The Mavs clawing their way back late here.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
Jazz takes game 1
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
Memphis v Wolves up next
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
KAT needs to keep his emotions in check and play within himself to avoid picking silly fouls. For some reason, I find myself rooting for him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) ... (2204) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.