Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621035 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:01am On Apr 26, 2022
Another Brick Ross masterclass. I swear Nick Nurse is a wizard. Man is using Toronto's length to bamboozle the Sixers

Only this man can find a way to play Thaddeus Young, Achiuwa, Barnes and Siakam somehow make it work
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:33am On Apr 26, 2022
A40:
Another Brick Ross masterclass. I swear Nick Nurse is a wizard. Man is using Toronto's length to bamboozle the Sixers

Only this man can find a way to play Thaddeus Young, Achiuwa, Barnes and Siakam somehow make it work

There is a reason I rank N. Nurse ahead of Coach Bud.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:39am On Apr 26, 2022
Roland17:
@BIRDMAN

Ghosting Celtics game is not doing to save you! I am waiting to read your regular scheduled apology for the blasphemy on Tatum! angry

He played well and exceeded my expectations. Even when they were up, he was still playing the game right. He definitely matured into the next level.

I no blashpeme am o, I just called him out grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 4:02am On Apr 26, 2022
Now i understand all the slander harden gets.. Man na big fraud
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:22am On Apr 26, 2022
masterclass from dallas
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:24am On Apr 26, 2022
Luka is in his Bag
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:35am On Apr 26, 2022
Just look at what the league is now reviewing for a flagrant foul… Are you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 5:38am On Apr 26, 2022
grin na so Celtics destroy nets, Greenrunsdeep.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:18am On Apr 26, 2022
I have something to say, but I'll say it later grin
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2022
steady986:
I have something to say, but I'll say it later grin

Alhaji steady,

Am just glad Kyrie finally has a guy that can make that “shot”. grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:48am On Apr 26, 2022
Roland17:

There is a reason I rank N. Nurse ahead of Coach Bud.
I think Bud is a better coach than we give him credit for. But Nick Nurse is a wizard the way he cobbles lineups together that have no business being competitive on the court. Only him will make a Precious Achiuwa more impactful than a James Harden in an elimination game
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:51am On Apr 26, 2022
And Doc Rivers. Hmmm. Where have we seen this film before?

Of which the way Luka is destroying Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley shocked

Looks like Mitchell might miss Game 6. Series over?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:18am On Apr 26, 2022
We'll never forget.

You don't appreciate what you have until you lose it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:19am On Apr 26, 2022
mattfeuter:

Alhaji steady,

Am just glad Kyrie finally has a guy that can make that “shot”. grin

Lol. We still dey wait for the shot. Perhaps it will come in game 5 cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
steady986:

Lol. We still dey wait for the shot. Perhaps it will come in game 5 cheesy

LMAO, But seriously Kyrie has been feasting on that finals shot he made 6years ago. Since then he has done nothing of note in the league

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kevin Durant is a sensitive fawk.

you got swept with kyrie and now posting stupid stories

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Later now, pesin go type say KD is getting a pass. We are witnessing all the sticks he is getting now, the insults, name calling, albeit deserved.

KD will be fine, he will bounce back. He still remains the “Slimreaper” and my favorite player of this generation.

I don’t expect him to stay quiet now, especially now that the series is over, it’s not who he is. He is going to get into spats because that is who he is, he doesn’t aim to please but I hope I never read again that KD is being given a pass.

I got you KD

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Khanben:

LMAO, But seriously Kyrie has been feasting on that finals shot he made 6years ago. Since then he has done nothing of note in the league

His rent has expired. He needs to renew it with a new shot for us to conclude he's that guy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
So this guy is not injured He is just scared.. Nawa oh.

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
:

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
felix00:
:

My profiling of what his problem is is spot on going by what Shams said. Emi ni bad guy! grin Nets should just pay me a couple of millions to help them resolve the conundrum. No capping.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Roland17:
Later now, pesin go type say KD is getting a pass. We are witnessing all the sticks he is getting now, the insults, name calling, albeit deserved.

KD will be fine, he will bounce back. He still remains the “Slimreaper” and my favorite player of this generation.

I don’t expect him to stay quiet now, especially now that the series is over, it’s not who he is. He is going to get into spats because that is who he is, he doesn’t aim to please but I hope I never read again that KD is being given a pass.

I got you KD

Imagine the slander and insults and the desecration that would have inundated this thread had it been it was Lebron that failed so woefully in his prime.

At least on this thread, in the main, he is being given a pass All the resident haters are forming considerate. Called out by a few, yes, but no hating. Trolling, yes, but nothing heavy duty.

Someone like Ersan, who has the energy to mete out pain for pain and hate for hate, would have paid you all back in your own coin, walahi. It would have been a bloodbath grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
DeeMain:

Imagine the slander and insults and the desecration that would have inundated this thread had it been it was Lebron that failed so woefully in his prime.

At least on this thread, in the main, he is being given a pass All the resident haters are forming considerate. Called out by a few, yes, but no hating. Trolling, yes, but nothing heavy duty.

Someone like Ersan, who has the energy to mete out pain for pain and hate for hate, would have paid you all back in your own coin, walahi. It would have been a bloodbath grin

KD is not in his prime. It's a miracle he still has a career and playing this great after that achilles injury
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
Guys like Simmons, Kyrie and Harden are really fucckin up the bag for guys coming behind them. Won't be surprised if owners fought for NFL style contracts in the next CBA.

Ben Simmons is not injured. Anyone who believes that man is physically injured is just naive. He's not done the work and things that will give him the confidence to deliver if he's in a tight spot again. He will still be the same player with the same weaknesses in his 6th season in the league.

I'm not sure the Nets even know what to do with him at this point but if Kevin Durant was smart he would work with management to hold Kyrie and Ben Simmons to the fire, he's not innocent here at all. He's the most experienced veteran and it seems he would rather hold fans and sports talking heads accountable (who are just doing their jobs by the way and create the views and drama that makes you guys paid) than his own teammates who are the ones really holding him back

If he wants to waste the 2-3 years of his prime with millstones round his neck that is his problem. But he better realize his place in the pantheon of greats will go down several notches. I don't consider him a top 15 player of all time and the more he keeps failing to deliver the more he goes down in the eyes of others as well
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2022
felix00:

KD is not in his prime. It's a miracle he still has a career and playing this great after that achilles injury

Guy, hide this talk, Lebron gets zero mercy or consideration, injured or not, here. Besides, KD has been balling since last season, so no excuse bro.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
felix00:

KD is not in his prime at age 33 after missing at least 2 years of his career, which should have reduced the mileage on his body. but Lebron is being still expected to play defense at year 19 of an nba career.
That shows the difference in standards on which both players are judged on.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
DeeMain:

Guy, hide this talk, Lebron gets zero mercy or consideration, injured or not, here. Besides, KD has been balling since last season, so no excuse bro.

Lebron is the only one player, I have ever seen who has never been given any slack at all in any of his performances.
This dude carried a bunch of roles players to the finals at least 3 times and in each of those finals he personally balled out, but he is still being stumped on for all of those losses as if any other player in history would have taken those teams to even a conference final.
Has Lebron been perfect through out his career?NO. But no one else has ever been.

PS
No player in nba history has been as scrutinized from the day they stepped into the league as Lebron as been.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Khanben:

Lebron is the only one player, I have ever seen who has never been given any slack at all in any of his performances.
This dude carried a bunch of roles players to the finals at least 3 times and in each of those finals he personally balled out, but he is still being stumped on for all of those losses as if any other player in history would have taken those teams to even a conference final.
Has Lebron been perfect through out his career?NO. But no one else has ever been.

PS
No player in nba history has been as scrutinized from the day they stepped into the league as Lebron as been.

I feel like he should write a book. And I am still very curious on who his father figure must have been. To stay sane and grounded in that kind of pressure as an 18 year old is not ordinary.

Secondly, Lebron has made bouncing back from failure look easy. That moment when Durant and Kyrie got swept last night was a low point. But Lebron has had several of those low points in his career, only to come back next season blazing.

I believe his life through the NBA should be a masterclass for any black male kid in the USA. Maybe worldwide even

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
As expected, Stephen A blasts Kyrie more than he blasts KD. Go ahead and blame the sidekick more than the alpha. I knew he was going to be slick in finding a way to shield KD.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
felix00:

Okokobioko. This is a new one

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
steady986:
As expected, Stephen A blasts Kyrie more than he blasts KD. Go ahead and blame the sidekick more than the alpha. I knew he was going to be slick in finding a way to shield KD.

Durant showed up from day 1. No drama, pure professionalism. They entered playoffs as a low seed because 2 out of 3 stars players weren't as committed. KD deserves some shielding. Kyrie needs to account - after all that drama, no production
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:54am On Apr 27, 2022
I don't really understand Ajala fans man.

All over social media, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube from Charles to Kenny to shaq to Stephen to Rose, to Skip and over 1 million tweets on Instagram in almost an hour after the game are ripping KD to shred.

Barkley sat on tv and said he is not a great player, even A40 said he is not among the top 15. Roland called him out. Everyone even on youtube, and Instagram comment is calling him out but for some weird reasons, Ajala fans said everyone his giving him a pass.

How did this become about a nigga that didn't make even the freaking play in?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.