Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,579 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:55 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1659730 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) ... (2256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 3:04am On May 10, 2022
Bucks fell asleep in the fourth...again. Celtics pouring in 40+. That's unacceptable from the Bucks.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 3:09am On May 10, 2022
This game was PHYSICAL. And the refs were slightly one sided towards the end against the Bucks. It makes for a great series but Giannis is an Igbo man in his core and he will play for blood in game 5.

Me I am just here wondering how any team from the west can withstand this level of physicality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:13am On May 10, 2022
We got what we needed..

On to game 5

#GREENRUNSDEEP
#CELTICPRIDE
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:22am On May 10, 2022
Dillon Brooks. Ohh my lawdy where did they find this guy?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:27am On May 10, 2022
Memphis going with what made them so successful in the regular season: Steven Adams at the 5. A big body to bang in the paint and get those rebounds. They haven't really outrebounded the Warriors this series, and that's a travesty knowing how small the Warriors play.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 3:36am On May 10, 2022
Steph is psychologically damaged. I can't understand seeing the best shooter ever hesitating to shoot.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:42am On May 10, 2022
It's very true that the Grizzlies defend better without Ja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 3:42am On May 10, 2022
Omo! This year's games tight like kilode! No sweeping anywhere except for Nets-Celtics. This year's conference semi-finals match-ups will all go to game 7.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 3:45am On May 10, 2022
steady986:
It's very true that the Grizzlies defend better without Ja.
Ja plays iso ball and is a disadvantage at the defensive end.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 4:04am On May 10, 2022
Bro the warriors are 0/15 from 3 and are just spamming turnovers after turnovers.

This warriors ceiling is the conference finals and what happened to the Splash Brothers?

I know the nostalgic feeling is off the charts with the warriors fan base but they need to blow up this their big 3 and invest in a proper big who can contribute both offensively and defensively.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:08am On May 10, 2022
Why is Dillon Brooks even allowed to shoot ffs
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:14am On May 10, 2022
What is this game bikonu? grin If I watched the replays of this game on YouTube I'd think it was a game in the 90s cheesy Just gritty defense and physicality with no skills and set plays. This is what people mean when they say 90s era was better.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:31am On May 10, 2022
Memphis finally using their size and physicality and stopping with the bullshittin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:32am On May 10, 2022
Can Dillon Brooks stop taking shots for the love of God
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:22am On May 10, 2022
see movement
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:27am On May 10, 2022
who is this brooks nigga
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:27am On May 10, 2022
Dillon Brooks is horrible. Man stop shooting your team out of the game.. Spams a bad 3 early in the clock, misses it, only to commit a foul in the ensuing Warriors transition....of course the Chef makes both FTs.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:29am On May 10, 2022
Roland17:
Dillon Brooks is horrible. Man stop shooting your team out of the game.. Spams a bad 3 early in the clock, misses it, only to commit a foul in the ensuing Warriors transition.
Them say na talent for this thread
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:31am On May 10, 2022
A40:
When we say this era of players spam 3's. What we mean is the league today is filled with guys that would rather consistently shoot 1/10 than develop a reliable midrange 12-18 footer that you can fall back on in playoffs setting

There's really no variety in today's game when it comes to shot making and shot selection.

We were talking about Trae Young the other day and I remember telling y'all this guy just spams 3's. Once his 3's don't fall he would look like a G-League caliber player with embarrassing numbers.

The gag is I don't even believe this era overall has better shooters. It's just that they take so many 3's it looks that way. I always like to use Marc Gasol as an example

Marc Gasol at 31 went from 0 3's per game most of his career to 4 3's at 32.
Like say you be prophet
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:36am On May 10, 2022
donlittle25:
Them say na talent for this thread

Mo ya look away. I no dey bother read sef because at this point na just agidi instead of admitting the obvious. Dillon Brooks is not a 3 point shooter, has never been but tonight he successfully spammed his team out a W they were well positioned for with ill advised 3 shots over and over and over and over again.

This man went 0-7 from beyond the arc before finally hitting his first 3 in the last 2 minutes of the 4th to finish 1-8. His game is to take the ball to the rack ..But of course, none of the coaching staff will call him out. If you talk dem go say "Shooter shoot the ball".. No be wetin Westbrick Westbrook take build brick mansion?

Wetin I sabi sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:36am On May 10, 2022
donlittle25:
Like say you be prophet
They are more skilled yenyenyen grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:44am On May 10, 2022
Khanben:

So you somehow know more basketball than the likes of Kareem, Isiah Thomas, Bird who say the players now are better shooters than they ever were.
As for 12-18fts there was never a time in nba history where those were efficient shots for role players. Why take a shot that you shoot at 40% for a 2 when you can take another where you shoot 35% for a 3. Name me one Star player that does not take 12-18fts, heck even Giannis with his limitations attempts them.

PS: As for Trae looking like a Gleague player when his shoots are not falling, that is the same for every PG who has ever played who is not only undersized but also a poor defender. If his shoots are not falling, all he has is his playmaking and that is not enough to be the number 1 option of a team. This is one of the main reasons why GMs always prefer to draft the bigger and athletic guy because even if they are poor defenders, the combination of size and effort on the defensive end can negate that weakness. But a guy like Trae even effort does nothing for him, so when his shots are not falling, he looks average.

They are better cause they spam it more full stop. No need for long argument

How many people shoot 35% from 3 in playoffs setting on average except the historically great ones like Steph and Klay? You think it's better to spam 3pters than have a reliable bank shot like Timmy or a reliable midrange like Chris Paul?

I've told you Trae does not have as deep an offensive bag as you and most people claimed. He mostly spammed 3s. He gets away with it sometimes but he's been lucky to run into a Sixers with Ben Simmons the previous year. He will run into further problems if he doesn't expand his game beyond 3pt spamming
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:48am On May 10, 2022
A40:
When we say this era of players spam 3's. What we mean is the league today is filled with guys that would rather consistently shoot 1/10 than develop a reliable midrange 12-18 footer that you can fall back on in playoffs setting

There's really no variety in today's game when it comes to shot making and shot selection.

We were talking about Trae Young the other day and I remember telling y'all this guy just spams 3's. Once his 3's don't fall he would look like a G-League caliber player with embarrassing numbers.

The gag is I don't even believe this era overall has better shooters. It's just that they take so many 3's it looks that way. I always like to use Marc Gasol as an example

Marc Gasol at 31 went from 0 3's per game most of his career to 4 3's at 32.

I totally disagree with this take on Trae young.
He's literally one of the best passers in the league. He may not be the most efficient shooter but efficiency is even a modern concert.
I grew up watching kobe, tracy McGrady, allen Iverson and Co spamming difficult shots to get 30 points for 40-45% shooting and it use to be praised as an awesome game.

The fact that trae had one bad series against an elite defense in a heavy lopsided series doesn't mean Trae should get this disrespect.

It's not like he just took his team to the conference finals despite an inferior squad while having multiple elite games.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 5:49am On May 10, 2022
Klay Thompson keeps trying to shoot off the dribble. Bruh, that is not your thing. Very very poor performance generally and we played down to the opposition.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:50am On May 10, 2022
A40:
They are better cause they spam it more full stop. No need for long argument

How many people shoot 35% from 3 in playoffs setting on average except the historically great ones like Steph and Klay? You think it's better to spam 3pters than have a reliable bank shot like Timmy or a reliable midrange like Chris Paul?

I've told you Trae does not have as deep an offensive bag as you and most people claimed. He mostly spammed 3s. He gets away with it sometimes but he's been lucky to run into a Sixers with Ben Simmons the previous year. He will run into further problems if he doesn't expand his game beyond 3pt spamming

For what Trae young has done in this league. This constitutes as blasphemy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:51am On May 10, 2022
I kukuma trust American reporters/ journalists, dem no get joy at all. Dem dey lay am "wotowoto" on top Taylor Jenkin about leaving Dillion Brooks on the court.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:02am On May 10, 2022
A40:
They are more skilled yenyenyen grin

Pesin wen barely shoot 30% from 3 during the regular season, reach a vital game in a tough series and anointed himself the 2nd coming of Steph Curry!

Some of these guys lucky say I no be their team mate. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:04am On May 10, 2022
Roland17:

Pesin wen barely shoot 30% from 3 during the regular season, reach a vital game in a tough series and anointed himself the 2nd coming of Steph Curry!

Some of these guys lucky say I no be their team mate. grin

What if the coach tells him to keep shooting?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:10am On May 10, 2022
etidy:

What if the coach tells him to keep shooting?

Do you expect Jenkins to come on the podium and thrown Brooks under the bus? No coach will do that, especially in the NBA.

With that being said, your question just proved you agreed he was spamming 3s. This man shot 0-7 before finishing 1-8 but you somehow think the coach encouraged him to keep shooting...shey na because him be Desmond Bane? If na Desmond Bane we for understand sef.

Listen to the post game interview because I watched all of Jenkin's session. A reporter asked Jenkin why he left Brooks in the game despite his horrible shooting and Jenkins responded he was important for them on defense, also, he made an important 3 and a drive to the bucket. The reporter retorted 5 points then? Well, Jenkins had no response.. What does that tell you?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:14am On May 10, 2022
Roland17:

Do you expect Jenkins to come on the podium and thrown Brooks under the podium? No coach will do that, especially in the NBA.

With that being said, your question just proved you agreed he was spamming 3s. This man shot 0-7 before finishing 1-8 but you somehow think the coach encouraged him to keep shooting...shey na because him be Desmond Bane? If na Desmond Bane we for understand sef.

Listen to the post game interview because I watched all of Jenkin's session. A reporter asked Jenkin why he left Brooks in the game despite his horrible shooting and Jenkins responded he was important for them on defense, also, he made an important 3 and a drive to the bucket. The reporter retorted 5 points then? Well, Jenkins had no response.. What does that tell you?

I 100% think it was the coaches decision. If not he would have subbed him.

As a role player who was getting open looks Jenkins may have preferred he kept taking it hoping he would hit a couple.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:21am On May 10, 2022
etidy:

I 100% think it was the coaches decision. If not he would have subbed him.

As a role player who was getting open looks Jenkins may have preferred he kept taking it hoping he would hit a couple.

The coach left him on the court primarily because of his defense and that was what Jenkins emphasized on when he answered the question before delving to his offense. In the NBA, if you are constantly open from beyond the arc, it is for a reason. When you go 0-4 you can switch it up and take it to the rack and not allow your opponents play the %s. He is not a shooter to continue shooting.. Shooters are the ones with that mentality not spammers.. You play to your strength..

If he was making the open shots from beyond the arc then that is a different conversation because he is in rhythm but this man is not a shooter but continues to spam the 3s and finished 1-8 and you say he should continue shooting. Well, we can see how the spamming cost them a victory that was well within their grasp.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 6:33am On May 10, 2022
Shout out to Andrew Wiggins and Otto Porter Jr. Both have been huge in this series on both sides of the floor. Wiggins is my POTG.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) ... (2256) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.