Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,409 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:36 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1659631 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (2256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:25am On May 11, 2022
The security personnel just averted what could have been a serious altercation between Chrisss and Biyombo. Chrisss ran through the Suns tunnel in search of Biyombo after both players were ejected but security were alert in recognizing Chrisss was going into the wrong locker room and accosted him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:17am On May 11, 2022
birdman:

Jimmy has no business in that line. Dame should be evicted as well. KD dey probation.
AD grin

No sight of Harden grin Even Kyrie

But Jimmy dey try o. He has always been a borderline superstar in this league. He just has never been able to push past that line.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:18am On May 11, 2022
Wanbissaka:
the Greek freak has been off his game lately.

AD grin

Naah, Celtics have the best defense for a reason. He still eats though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:25am On May 11, 2022
Khanben:

Thank you very much for this, my opinion is what is the difference between going 3-13 from 3 and 5-14 from long 2s and jump shots.
The Lakers lost the finals against the Pistons because Kobe got locked up in at least 3 games by just one guy in Prince, and he spent the whole time spamming difficult shot after difficult shot. His shooting percentage was so bad in those games that the Lakers couldn't win against an opponent known for their low scoring games.
Did anyone all of a sudden call Kobe a G-League player? NO.
I love AI and will always ride with him cause he was not only box office but he had heart, but lets not pretend as if he does not have one of the worst true shooting percentages in basketball history, but you know what, nobody called him a G-League player on the nights his shots were not falling.
Kobe walked into the league with a Prime Shaq as a teammate and it still took him 4 good years to win a chip. But somehow we expect today's players with a bunch of role players to do it in the same time or less.

This though. Man once averaged 38% for the entire season cheesy He could score 40 but would need 35 shots to do so. But hey, he was box office.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:37pm On May 11, 2022
steady986:

This though. Man once averaged 38% for the entire season cheesy He could score 40 but would need 35 shots to do so. But hey, he was box office.

It's just the cold hard truth, AI, Kobe and Tmac were big time spammers of hard and inefficient shots. That does not take away an iota of their greatness IMHO. But I can recall games I watched where just kept shooting and missing and they still kept on shooting grin grin grin grin. You will just be wondering Oga una no dey pass at all cheesy grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2022
Strange news on Tatum coming out right now...

na joke i dey joke o. roland17 calm down before tonite ok? No kee yaself o tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:48pm On May 11, 2022
birdman:
Strange news on Tatum coming out right now...

na joke i dey joke o. roland17 calm down before tonite ok? No kee yaself o tongue

Which kain rough play be dis? angry angry U had me scrambling for news/ updates as if all the Celtics alert on my phone/ laptop miss something angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:35pm On May 11, 2022
Khanben:

It's just the cold hard truth, AI, Kobe and Tmac were big time spammers of hard and inefficient shots. That does not take away an iota of their greatness IMHO. But I can recall games I watched where just kept shooting and missing and they still kept on shooting grin grin grin grin. You will just be wondering Oga una no dey pass at all cheesy grin grin

As in, efficiency na modern day concept. If you go back 14-20 years people no send efficiency.
The Hallmark of a superstar wing player was spamming difficult long twos often in traffic. Only Jordan was able to do this efficiently.

It would surprise many that kobe never shot above 50% in the course of any playoff run grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:10pm On May 11, 2022
The Brooklyn Nets are making a big statement with the Kyrie situation. No availability and accountability, no contract extension.

You are either in 100% or you are out..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:24pm On May 11, 2022
etidy:

As in, efficiency na modern day concept. If you go back 14-20 years people no send efficiency.
The Hallmark of a superstar wing player was spamming difficult long twos often in traffic. Only Jordan was able to do this efficiently.

It would surprise many that kobe never shot above 50% in the course of any playoff run grin

Assin, the standards guys these days are judged by in comparison to the OGs is just ridiculous. For example Tatum has never had a FG% less than 45%, but the knock on him before this season was that he takes bad shots. And I am not saying that Tatum is better than any of Kobe, Tmac or AI, but if anyone of them played now they will be ridiculed for being inefficient.

PS: MJ, was just different, his level of efficiency is just mind blowing. Even in terms of advance metrics baba is still a boss even though it was not something that was around during his time

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:32am On May 12, 2022
That was a clean block by Lopez.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:51am On May 12, 2022
Homecooking.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:53am On May 12, 2022
A lot of non calls for the Bucks. Look at that obvious foul by Thies on Jrue. Make person no come here later begin say refs dey favour Bucks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:54am On May 12, 2022
Khanben:

Agree with this, he either needs to do what Tatum did this year which is improve on his shot selection which led to a huge increase in his shooting percentage or he does a Kobe and starts hitting those bad shots at a very good percentage. If he doesn't do any of the above, he needs to be shipped out while he has trade value
I wouldn't trade ten tubers of yam for Dillon Brooks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:55am On May 12, 2022
I feel like the Bucks are quitting on this game. This meltdown is unacceptable. Boston never lost their poise whenever they were down
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:00am On May 12, 2022
donlittle25:
He was supposed to come out and make a statement. Abi Hakeem Na come out make statement say he suppose be MVP?
He should grow up. He's not the first to get denied an MVP. What bigger statement than getting to the Finals can be made
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:05am On May 12, 2022
That's more like it Giannis. Stop settling for jumpers. A 36 year old man shouldn't be checking you blad
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:14am On May 12, 2022
And guys like Portis, Allen, Connaughton. Y'all can't give Giannis 1 good game? Just one

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 1:15am On May 12, 2022
The Celtics are just better especially without Kris but man Giannis needs some help.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:30am On May 12, 2022
Much better by Milwaukee. Put these guys in foul trouble. We want a nail biting finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:48am On May 12, 2022
Bucks have lost this game
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:51am On May 12, 2022
Maybe Khris will return
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:53am On May 12, 2022
Jaylen Brown can go on those one man 8-0 runs that can turn a 2pt deficit to a 10 point deficit. Frustrating for the opponent
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:19am On May 12, 2022
Bucks is not going away
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:25am On May 12, 2022
If Kris was in the series, i think they get a fighting chance. At least, he could slow the game down, and is a better defender too. He is really missed
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27am On May 12, 2022
This is pure agony if you're a Bucks fan. Couldn't rebound. And couldn't seal the deal after getting within two possessions
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27am On May 12, 2022
Holiday. Wow!!
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:27am On May 12, 2022
Tie Game. Giannis is bleeding man
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:29am On May 12, 2022
grin I know Roland is probably breaking something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:34am On May 12, 2022
Wow. AdonBlivIT
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 2:35am On May 12, 2022
donlittle25:
Wow. AdonBlivIT
Omo this kind bottling dey pain, To think the crowd thought it was over when Giannis missed his 2nd FT grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:36am On May 12, 2022
Wow. See Holiday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (2256) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.