Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626459 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:57pm On Mar 03
It's J. Brown's show atm..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:38pm On Mar 03
Every time you switch those small guards inside the paint, we will punish you. This team has only one goal and that is to win the championship. The Warriors are always going to be the offensive standard for me and I am glad with how decisive we have been against them today.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 11:03pm On Mar 03
Roland17:
Every time you switch those small guards inside the paint, we will punish you. This team has only one goal and that is to win the championship. The Warriors are always going to be the offensive standard for me and I am glad with how decisive we have been against them today.
This is more than a show. It's a massacre. Been dumbfounded with dem bricks of Curry and co. Your guys have been picking their pockets too left right centre.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03
greypencils:
This is more than a show. It's a massacre. Been dumbfounded with dem bricks of Curry and co. Your guys have been picking their pockets too left right centre.

I have been more impressed by their defense, discipline and intensity. We are fighting through screens, refusing switches the Warriors were looking for.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:15pm On Mar 03
This team ehn. grin
Currently 104-59.
If we talk now, the score board merchants will come and be making excuses. Trade everyone except Steph, Kuminga and Podziemski. That's the only way forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 12:38am On Mar 04
steady986:

We actually do match up well with them. We have size in our front court just as they do. And our backcourt is even longer than theirs. The games have been competitive, we just fall apart down the stretch. And you can never win a game if your opponent's 3rd best player goes 10 for 10. MPJ was just hitting everything, contested or not. He misses 2 or 3 of those shots and the Lakers win the game

I disagree. If you lose 8 straight games to a team, you dont match up well with them or they just have the code to bear you guys consistently.

The lakers lost that game by 10. Even if MPJ misses 2 or 3 of those shot, Lakees would've still lost.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:43am On Mar 04
Lol. Warriors are not a threat. Been saying this

As for LeBalco and the Lakers. Struggling to make playoffs every year is a bit disgraceful is the more important point. Ok one year fluke it to the WCF, the previous year miss the playoffs completely and the year before that end up as a play in team only to get bundled out in the 1st round by the Suns. 4 straight years of being on the struggle bus is embarrassing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:18am On Mar 04
I sha know MJ was merely collecting retirement money at the age LeBron currently is grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:26am On Mar 04
larride:

I disagree. If you lose 8 straight games to a team, you dont match up well with them or they just have the code to bear you guys consistently.

The lakers lost that game by 10. Even if MPJ misses 2 or 3 of those shot, Lakees would've still lost.

Have you considered coaching to be a major factor for this? Why is Darvin Ham the only Lakers coach in recent memory that has struggled against Denver. And it all goes to pieces in the last 5 minutes of the games. Every single time.

If MPJ misses 2 or 3 of his shots, then it's a different game. Schemes would be different, shot selection would be different. The need to make a 3 wouldn't have been high because a 2 would suffice. The desperation would have been reduced
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:51pm On Mar 04
Of course. Baba no get anything prove which is why he retired after 2nd 3peat unlike some LeBalco people wey wan play reach 100.

Still he came back age 39/40 to play all 82 games just to show say e still dey body

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Rayd502(m): 9:03pm On Mar 04
This Celtic team be eating everybody up...Hope they won't choke during the playoff?This should be their year if they keep playing at this level and remain humble.
Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 7:54am On Mar 05
Rayd502:
This Celtic team be eating everybody up...Hope they won't choke during the playoff?This should be their year if they keep playing at this level and remain humble.

From past history playoff is a different beast to regular season

Some 3 and 4th seed are out there masquerading as a play in team just to ruin some top seed day

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:13am On Mar 05
Seems these useless Western conference teams want us to not have our Western conference dream play in matchup.

Wtf was that fuckery from Sacramento
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 9:34am On Mar 05
If Lakers make the playoffs, I only see Denver's as our problem though..
OKC,clippers and sun's and Pelicans Lakers will beat them..
Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 11:57am On Mar 05
Honlucas:
My thought too, the only teams I feel can be a threat in the west to the lakers is denver and clippers
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 1:03pm On Mar 05
Tinneh:

My thought too, the only teams I feel can be a threat in the west to the lakers is denver and clippers

Even clippers ,Lakers will beat them.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:14pm On Mar 05
Some heated moments between JJ and Shannon today grin. Shannon Sharpe needs to slow down on ESPN on. Stephen A is not like Skip Bayless that would tolerate him for so long.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:02pm On Mar 05
Honlucas:

My brother...that Denver Nuggets na real problem...
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 5:19am On Mar 06
Rayd502:
Like they did tonight against cavs.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:21am On Mar 06
How is B. Beal this bad defensively? I mean this man has the size and length but for some reason he can’t move his feet. The Nuggets are constantly looking for the switch that isolates him 1v1.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 9:42am On Mar 06
There is no 40 point difference between the Celtics and the warriors.
Cos even Denver( a better team than both) have never won them by 20.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:25pm On Mar 06
I think we're approaching that time of the year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06
steady986:

Only for play off Jimmy buckets to do the exact opposite 🤣

Does jimmy care about regular season at all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:10pm On Mar 06
typicalgamer:

Only for play off Jimmy buckets to do the exact opposite 🤣

Does jimmy care about regular season at all

This life no balance at all grin

I missed Luka in the playoffs last season sha. The playoffs are where his talent is needed. For that purpose, I wouldn't mind Dallas taking one of those play-in spots. Below the Lakers of course grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:11am On Mar 07
The warriors are gonna have a meltdown in this match as per usual. Make I dey watch....
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:11am On Mar 07
I have a theory. The problem is not just that the Lakers don't match up well against the Nuggets.
The primary problem appears to be that Anthony Davis doesn't match up well against skilful European big like Jokic and Sabonis grin

AD is about to go a career 0-9 against Sabonis at the end of this game.. Damn

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:30am On Mar 07
E be like I go just manage this my 10th position jejely grin I no fit shout again. Because it looks like we're not moving up anytime soon. When we reach that play-in bridge, we go try cross am then.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:37am On Mar 07
etidy:
I have a theory. The problem is not just that the Lakers don't match up well against the Nuggets.
The primary problem appears to be that Anthony Davis doesn't match up well against skilful European big like Jokic and Sabonis grin

AD is about to go a career 0-9 against Sabonis at the end of this game.. Damn

That's true to some extent. They usually come good against him for some reason. But I've seen him drop 40 on Jokic in game 1 last year. I've seen him dominate these bigs on the offensive end. He can't let them have their way on both ends of the court.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 9:49am On Mar 07
steady986:
Jimmy Butler is the reverse of this.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 9:52am On Mar 07
Skrrrrrrr:
The warriors are gonna have a meltdown in this match as per usual. Make I dey watch....
E shock you ba? With the Warriors, there is no predicting. You never know when they will turn up but when they do, they go night night.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:45pm On Mar 07
Lakers and their love affair with the 10th seed. They're either 9th or 10th seed for the last 4 months. I respect the consistency
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:09am On Mar 08
Doncic looks helpless out there defensively. Miami are attacking him intentionally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.