Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1636586 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (2221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:36am On Jul 07, 2013
Josh Smith finally leaves the Hawks and joins new coach Mo Cheeks in Detroit, with this trade the pistons have become one of the most talented young team, remember they also have Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond and Brandon Knight although the latter is still long ways from convincing in the PG position.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:51am On Jul 07, 2013
I am one of Doc Rivers's strongest apologist, i believe he ranks second only to Popovic in the current pool of coaches in the NBA, having said that, i am very pleased with the appointment of former Butler Coach Brad Stevens, although he is younger, his personality speaks a lot of his style.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 11, 2013
Damn, for a future hall of famer, Bryant is too blunt. He reacts spontaneously without thinking. Howard must be looking for a vendetta.

And Nash, the oldest guy on the team, Na wa ooo sad

iguodala to warriors, WTF? angry

Great move by The Bird sticking to The Heats for one more year.He's instrumental in the playoffs

and as for Bynum, that guy is one confused fellow undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Howard is a b!tch nigga! I heard he didn't re-sign because he demanded Kobe gets amnestied and he didn't get it! That guy might never win a ring if he continues his aversion to guidance! Kobe's brand of tough love is exactly what he needs at this point of his career his antecedents says it all issues with Van Gundy with D'Antoni. I just hope he doesn't become a cancer to the Rockets locker room because its a young and impressionable team

Lots of interesting moves this off-season
Josh Smith to the Pistons
Metta World Peace gets amnestied
Iggy to the Warriors
Calderon and Harris to the Mavericks
Kaman to the Lakers
Jarrett Jack and Earl Clark to the Cavaliers
Bledsoe and Caron Butler to the Suns
Carl Landry to the Kings
Randy Foye to the Nuggets

Guys like Monta Ellis and Corey Brewer are still out there! I heard the Mavs are going for Bynum smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
A-40:

I heard the Mavs are going for Bynum smh

I think the CAVS have got Bynum
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
Roland17:

I heard Ebun Comets want him gringrin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:01am On Jul 12, 2013
And Artest falls. Waived this evening. Any chance he could end back up in Hpuston?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
The Lakers shot themselves in the foot by not dealing away Dwight at the All-star break window

Roland17:

A healthy Bynum is actually as good as if not better than Dwight Howard the question is is he ever healthy? And more importantly is he motivated!

birdman: And Artest falls. Waived this evening. Any chance he could end back up in Hpuston?
Wouldn't be a bad addition off the bench he could back up Chandler Parsons
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:26am On Jul 13, 2013
A-40:
The Lakers shot themselves in the foot by not dealing away Dwight at the All-star break window

If Buss were still alive, I think there is a really good chance Howard would still be a Laker. The coach, GM and new owner do not look like they are on the same page. Even Kobe senses this, based on his refusal to take a paycut

A healthy Bynum is actually as good as if not better than Dwight Howard the question is is he ever healthy? And more importantly is he motivated!

Bynum will never amount to anything. He never really had motivation. He played hard cuz Kobe always dogged him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
bye bye Celts. Where's Roland17? cry

Though there's a lil hope in Humphries and Brooks, my money ain't on any to shoulder the team. I still see Rondo buying out his contract

Wow, j.Terry, KG and Paul Pierce all in one deal. Some people will doubt their plays due to age but it's Nets closest to a championship.

And Mavs, Calderon with Ellis in backcourt, nowitzki forward.
I can't for the next season jor
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
joeydozzy: bye bye Celts. Where's Roland17? cry

Though there's a lil hope in Humphries and Brooks, my money ain't on any to shoulder the team. I still see Rondo buying out his contract

Wow, j.Terry, KG and Paul Pierce all in one deal. Some people will doubt their plays due to age but it's Nets closest to a championship.

My brother, i have prepared my self for the worst this coming season, what are we going to be doing with Humphries, Brooks is very poor defensively so i don't even believe he can change, How many points can Bogans give us.

My bro, i have accepted my fate as it is right now, i think the Nets and the Pacers would make some noise this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:11am On Jul 14, 2013

I'm very iffy on Ellis mayne! Coach Carlisle has plenty work to do with that backcourt that would most likely play zero defence!! Ellis isn't an efficient scorer I saw his FG percentage and 3pt shooting last season and I wept 41% and 28% respectively! Plus Golden State started winning the minute he left town though to be fair to him that team was weak! Not that his shot selection made them stronger. The only bright spot is Dirk getting some decent help
I hope the Mavs can land Omer Asik at center since he wants out of the Rockets he seems a pretty good defender
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:14am On Jul 14, 2013

I'm very iffy on Ellis mayne! Coach Carlisle has plenty work to do with that backcourt that would most likely play zero defence!! Ellis isn't an efficient scorer I saw his FG percentage and 3pt shooting last season and I wept 41% and 28% respectively! Plus Golden State started winning the minute he left town though to be fair to him that team was weak! Not that his shot selection made them stronger. The only bright spot is Dirk getting some decent help
I hope the Mavs can land Omer Asik at center since he wants out of the Rockets he seems a pretty good defender
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
Roland17:

My brother, i have prepared my self for the worst this coming season, what are we going to be doing with Humphries, Brooks is very poor defensively so i don't even believe he can change, How many points can Bogans give us.

My bro, i have accepted my fate as it is right now, i think the Nets and the Pacers would make some noise this season.

The C's can tank this season and pray the ping pong God answers their prayer. I hear the 2014 draft is pretty deep with talent.
Or pray Humps, Brooks & Rondo become the new big 3

In any case, only divine intervention can save this franchise
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
occam:

The C's can tank this season and pray the ping pong God answers their prayer. I hear the 2014 draft is pretty deep with talent.
Or pray Humps, Brooks & Rondo become the new big 3

In any case, only divine intervention can save this franchise
Its ironic that two of the winningest franchises in history are contemplating going on full tank mode well at least one of them is. There is plenty talk about the 2014 draft class being the best since 03 with Andrew Wiggins touted as the next once in a generation player
I won't be suprised if the C's are already looking for who to dump Humphries and Gerald Wallace's contract on problem is without Rondo to sweeten the pot I don't think anyone would even listen to them
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

Its ironic that [b]two of the winningest franchises in history are contemplating going on full tank mode [/b]well at least one of them is. There is plenty talk about the 2014 draft class being the best since 03 with Andrew Wiggins touted as the next once in a generation player
I won't be suprised if the C's are already looking for who to dump Humphries and Gerald Wallace's contract on problem is without Rondo to sweeten the pot I don't think anyone would even listen to them

Are you referring to the Lakers? The Lakers will never tank; not in their DNA. Luxury tax means nothing to the Lakers. The second prime suspect is Mavericks. Yes Celtics & Mavericks are definitely in tanking mode.
A shame Celtics have not learnt from the past. Pierce almost bolted town before Garnet & Allen joined him Ripping out the heart of your entire team (the core of your identity) for salary cap flexibility and draft picks is a huge gamble. Theirs no guarantee a top draft becomes a star

The Nets may even ride on the back of these aging stars to the conference finals and give Miami fits (or even win). Spend to win now or Build to maybe win later We'll see which philosophy prevails
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
occam:

Are you referring to the Lakers? The Lakers will never tank; not in their DNA. Luxury tax means nothing to the Lakers. The second prime suspect is Mavericks. Yes Celtics & Mavericks are definitely in tanking mode.
A shame Celtics have not learnt from the past. Pierce almost bolted town before Garnet & Allen joined him Ripping out the heart of your entire team (the core of your identity) for salary cap flexibility and draft picks is a huge gamble. Theirs no guarantee a top draft becomes a star

The Nets may even ride on the back of these aging stars to the conference finals and give Miami fits (or even win). Spend to win now or Build to maybe win later We'll see which philosophy prevails

Arsenal has been doing that for the past 9 years. look what happened grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
occam:

Its not about them not wanting to tank its about them not having a choice! Gasol is on the downturn so is Nash more or less. Kobe won't be back till November at the earliest maybe later its not looking good for the Lakeshow
As for the Mavs I don't think they are in tankmode! You don't spend 15 million dollars to upgrade your back-court if you are not at least trying to win

occam:
Naa the Celtics didn't have much choice! Allen bolted! Pierce well he wasn't exactly ready to take a paycut same as KG
Doc was obviously not willing to rebuild so really their hands were tied. A draft pick and cap flexibility may not guarantee success but hanging on to old ninjas like Pierce and KG wouldn't either
The key is not losing Rondo IMO

occam:

KG would be 39 next year
Paul Pierce would be 36 or 37
JET would be 37 next year

Those niggas too old
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

Its not about them not wanting to tank its about them not having a choice! Gasol is on the downturn so is Nash more or less. Kobe won't be back till November at the earliest maybe later its not looking good for the Lakeshow
As for the Mavs I don't think they are in tankmode! You don't spend 15 million dollars to upgrade your back-court if you are not at least trying to win

Naa the Celtics didn't have much choice! Allen bolted! Pierce well he wasn't exactly ready to take a paycut same as KG
Doc was obviously not willing to rebuild so really their hands were tied. A draft pick and cap flexibility may not guarantee success but hanging on to old ninjas like Pierce and KG wouldn't either
The key is not losing Rondo IMO

KG would be 39 next year
Paul Pierce would be 36 or 37
JET would be 37 next year

Those niggas too old

On the Mavs: Monta Ellis & Calderon? That Mavs move was just a ruse; that team is not playing to win. Once they lost the Dwight sweepstakes there was no hope. Wait till the Feb deadline and Dirk may even want out

On the Celtics: Thing with Ainge? he's too smart for his own good. Why break up the team instead of a smoother transition to a new generation. Yes, get rid of Jet but hold on to Doc, Pierce & Garnett for maybe 2 yrs to help the young'uns establish a winning culture. Suddenly C's are in same class as Bobcat, Wizards and other scrubs. Even the Cavs & Raptors are ahead of them

On the aging Nets stars: I believe these guys can still ball. They can hold their own against Heat and with experience overcome Pacers. With Deon Williams & Joe Johnson, its a solid teanm
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
As far as the C's are concerned, Kelly Olynk would relieve a lot of the pain, i have watched him this summer league, save for Jeremy Lamb of the Thunders, Olynk shone brightest, he has the skill to command a double team, very good offensively and can make some jump shots, including three's, the drawback is his defensive play, he still has a whole lot to learn..

Sulinger, Bradley and Green have to step up biiiiiiiiig time.

No comments abouts Rondo
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
occam:

On the Mavs: Monta Ellis & Calderon? That Mavs move was just a ruse; that team is not playing to win. Once they lost the Dwight sweepstakes there was no hope. Wait till the Feb deadline and Dirk may even want out
They were given multiple year contracts I don't think that's what you do when you don't want to win! Without Dirk getting hurt the Mavs woulda made the playoffs easy! If they can get a decent center they are a 6th-7th seed at least. Besides who would take Dirk's contract? If Carlisle could get a few tough guys say a Matt Barnes at SF or a Reggie Evans to backup Nowitzki and play some D then who knows? No one saw the 10/11 Mavs going all the way

occam:

On the Celtics: Thing with Ainge? he's too smart for his own good. Why break up the team instead of a smoother transition to a new generation. Yes, get rid of Jet but hold on to Doc, Pierce & Garnett for maybe 2 yrs to help the young'uns establish a winning culture. Suddenly C's are in same class as Bobcat, Wizards and other scrubs. Even the Cavs & Raptors are ahead of them
Blame it on the CBA! Those guys were past it men plus neither of them was really open to making financial sacrifices so Ainge's hands were forced! Its pointless keeping vets that would eat up salary cap for the future when you might as well bite the bullet and rebuild

occam:
On the aging Nets stars: I believe these guys can still ball. They can hold their own against Heat and with experience overcome Pacers. With Deon Williams & Joe Johnson, its a solid teanm

It all boils down to chemistry its a strong team but a very old team plus they have no depth! I'm not saying they won't make noise because they will but younger and more athletic teams like the Bulls and Pacers would give them fits. Plus they have too many guys that need the ball to be effective! Deron Williams is a shoot first PG, Paul Pierce likes to handle the ball too and then there's Iso-Joe
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:39am On Jul 16, 2013
I cant wait to see how the nets do this year. The only reason the Bulls beat a more talented Nets was mental toughness. I dont see that lapse happening with Garnett on the team. Plus Pierce is still legit and he now has a scoring big man in Lopez
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2013
birdman: I cant wait to see how the nets do this year. The only reason the Bulls beat a more talented Nets was mental toughness. I dont see that lapse happening with Garnett on the team. Plus Pierce is still legit and he now has a scoring big man in Lopez
Derrick Rose is back tho and depending on how healthy he is the Bulls would still be favorites over the Nets! Besides KG and Pierce were in the Celtics team the Knicks nearly swept! Age is that Net's biggest issue
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
A-40:

Derrick Rose is back tho and depending on how healthy he is the Bulls would still be favorites over the Nets! Besides KG and Pierce were in the Celtics team the Knicks nearly swept! Age is that Net's biggest issue

You cant underestimate playoff experience. If Garnett stays fresh into the playoffs, these guys will beat at least one team they are not supposed to beat
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
birdman:

You cant underestimate playoff experience. If Garnett stays fresh into the playoffs, these guys will beat at least one team they are not supposed to beat
So who are the teams they could face that would lack playoff experience? Bulls? Pacers? Knicks? Heat? How do the Nets keep KG fresh when they have no depth? Let's wait and see sha cos KG is not the beast he used to be
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:41am On Jul 17, 2013
A-40:

So who are the teams they could face that would lack playoff experience? Bulls? Pacers? Knicks? Heat? How do the Nets keep KG fresh when they have no depth? Let's wait and see sha cos KG is not the beast he used to be

thats where the fun is...
Re: The NBA Begins by Fhemmmy: 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
Last year when Lakers bought players, people said they are positioned to make things happen and yet they barely made the playoffs . . . I have learnt never to speculate but rather wait and see how all the buying and selling with signing of players would unfold.
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTP4K_mfpc

LeBron James - The Legacy ᴴᴰ *Movie*
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:10am On Jul 18, 2013
thanks for posting this in a nest of Lebron haters grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Tgen: 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
odiaero: Who cares? Football or nothing
football na sport?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2013
Hi

Is anyone is interested in playing NBA fantasy league on KFBA.NET? ( Dont mind the name that sounds like KFC) I played there last season and it was really good fun. I personally believe its better that ESPN fantasy. Use to pay to play a few years back but now free leagues has been created.

You can read how they allocate points to each player here. http://kfba.net/kfba/Articles/21552.aspx

Here is the link http://kfba.net/kfba/WebModules/GamePlay/Leagues.aspx

Nairaland League has already been created but you cant add your self to the league. This has been disabled by admin to prevent Non-nairaland members from joining our league. Other leagues are filled up and i own two teams on other leagues.

If you are interested, Register your account and please post your username here on the forum or you can post it here

https://www.nairaland.com/1365941/basketball-fantasy-league-nba-kfba.net

I will give your account name to the admin who will add you to Nairaland league Manually.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sky-walker:
Hi

Is anyone is interested in playing NBA fantasy league on KFBA.NET? ( Dont mind the name that sounds like KFC) I played there last season and it was really good fun. I personally believe its better that ESPN fantasy. Use to pay to play a few years back but now free leagues has been created.

You can read how they allocate points to each player here. http://kfba.net/kfba/Articles/21552.aspx

Here is the link http://kfba.net/kfba/WebModules/GamePlay/Leagues.aspx

Nairaland League has already been created but you cant add your self to the league. This has been disabled by admin to prevent Non-nairaland members from joining our league. Other leagues are filled up and i own two teams on other leagues.

If you are interested, Register your account and please post your username here on the forum or you can post it here

https://www.nairaland.com/1365941/basketball-fantasy-league-nba-kfba.net

I will give your account name to the admin who will add you to Nairaland league Manually.
Lool the season doesn't start till end of October why the rush?

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (2221) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.