Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. - Politics (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. (59292 Views)

Zara John: "I Miss My Boko Haram Husband Who Impregnated Me" / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by seedord247(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
Seun Can you plz Legalize Nairaland Internet Pro$titution .  . . at-least make some pple earn money. grin grin
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

Miss Aromisa, you are still here?
LOL,guy na wa for you o,if you be woman wahala go dey o,we've all dropped our swords on this thread atleast,now please be a gentleman for the first time today and drop yours.its all good. cheesy wink cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
freecocoa:

Yayyyy finally peace,paddy no dey para give me na,shebi o mo n bo se nlo,if no be you e no fit be you,so chillax nothing does we,tuale for you mama,cocolario is loyal,ese gon.

Bliss asa nwayi eji eje mba,you too much,onwere ife na eme,anyi bu otu. Thanks gal.

Jay baba where you dey since when this men were bullying me?

How much have you earned today from base ghetto child loooool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by igboboy1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
ndi ofe manus i dey greet una o,
ok let me jump on board

~Bluetooth:

You should have know how our resident evil ibo folks behave;always feeling insecure when yoruba seems to be ahead of them.Vampires.

my dear ofe manu you got it twisted, Yorubas have always felt threatened by igbos thats pure fact,

you said ahead? yea ahead of us in number of baboon looking peeps,
ahead of us in number of agberos, ahead of us in number of bribe taking monarchs (ABiola case),
ahead of us in the number of cowards (only mouth una get, opc dey show which kind force the other day for lagos? biko enter action phase),
ahead of us in the number of leaders who committed suicide (awolowo)
ahead of us in the number of celeberated leaders/moguls with ill gotten funds(Abiola, tinubu, obj, adenuga)
ahead of us in wayo wayo pastor (oyedepo and his cohorts, see dem purchasing private jets)
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2011
Idowuogbo:

How much have you earned today from base ghetto child loooool
Biz dey flow well pass as I expect gan sef,na God get power,sempe for you.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by HighChief4(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Freecocoa, you are truly Ada di ora mma as confered on you by Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. Glad the way you handled these rascals, Aigbofa has been shamed, he should have taken a page from dayokanu and quit on the first page. Daalu nwanyi oma
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Basseti: 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2011
igbo boy:

ndi ofe manus i dey greet una o,
ok let me jump on board

my dear ofe manu you got it twisted, Yorubas have always felt threatened by igbos thats pure fact,

you said ahead? yea ahead of us in number of baboon looking peeps,
ahead of us in number of agberos, ahead of us in number of bribe taking monarchs (ABiola case),
ahead of us in the number of cowards (only mouth una get, opc dey show which kind force the other day for lagos? biko enter action phase),
ahead of us in the number of leaders who committed suicide (awolowo)
ahead of us in the number of celeberated leaders/moguls with ill gotten funds(Abiola, tinubu, obj, adenuga)
ahead of us in wayo wayo pastor (oyedepo and his cohorts, see dem purchasing private jets)

You do realize that even the hard core gladiators on here from Dayokanu to Freecocoa have decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

Can you just do the same? undecided
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by dayokanu(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
freecocoa:

Yayyyy finally peace,paddy no dey para give me na,shebi o mo n bo se nlo,if no be you e no fit be you,so chillax nothing does we,tuale for you mama,cocolario is loyal,ese gon.

Bliss asa nwayi eji eje mba,you too much,onwere ife na eme,anyi bu otu. Thanks gal.

Jay baba where you dey since when this men were bullying me?

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/UAsjoBl9aRw[/flash]
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by seedord247(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2011
dayokanu:

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/UAsjoBl9aRw[/flash]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2011
High_Chief:

@Freecocoa, you are truly Ada di ora mma as confered on you by Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. Glad the way you handled these rascals, Aigbofa has been shamed, he should have taken a page from dayokanu and quit on the first page. Daalu nwanyi oma
Iga di o ezi nwannem,udo diri gi,its alright now.

@Igbo boy,nwanne nmadu let's leave the issue,its past on this thread. Biri kwa o.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
LMAO @ Adanma.

Funny enough, that thing could be EMEKA masquerading as some cheap slut on NL.

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by seedord247(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Eko Ile

plz help me on this  . . . They said some tribe in Nigeria drop their  children out of pry school just bcus of POff Pofff bizz, spare part bizz, drugs pushing, Kidnaping.

is the above statement true and which tribe is that?
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
Kai EKO,e never do? Everybody has dropped it o,why you come dey call me slut again na?anyways accept peace and move,no sweats,this thread and its issues are dead and buried to me,don't try to wake the dead,peace bro.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by soloqy: 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

The thread is still about an article talking about the north learning tolerance from Yoruba people.

Now, please show us the tribal porpose against ibo people in the article and while you are at it, explain to us what led to ibo people on NL going on a rampage about what really has nothing to do with them.

Funny enough, the writer himself is ibo and the article was copied from Elombah (ibo website)

This is what we've been saying about ibo people, inferiority complex, insecurity and low self esteem overrides their brains all the time, anything about other people outside their borders drives them nuts like deranged psychos.  

I am not taking sides, Ekoile.  So after the first person posted , what was your response to it? Your response seemed like you were just waiting for it so that you could 'give it to them' .And thats why I made the statement that its all it was all about in the first place.  Its so childish and the whole lot of you weary us(both sides). To read the sort of things posted one wonders just what sort of humans are these? There are a few names that we notice that are ever getting into tribal warfare on here. Both sides of the divide are childish and shameless. These names are recurrent in this show of shame and the blame is shared equally between the two sides.

Below is what I feel about this nonsense(And most others I have interracted with on here). The few people are making this place to a mockery of a place.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-822754.0.html#msg9841034
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2011
fank God peace at last and thread reopened after it was defecated by usual trouble makers in the Romance section that got me irritated with the section.

BABE show ya sef asap. Uncle needs to talk to u.

@post.

To be candid religion is becoming a curse unto mankind. its becos Yoruba pple are reasonable pple that don't gba were meesin like our pple from oke oya, that's y there's relative peace at this side of yonder.

However, we should still pray and hope that a final solution to this menace be found cos if its escalate into full religious war then only God knows what will remain of Nigeria cos the kind of neighbourhood we have is multi religious setting. i.e in a block of 4 flats, its almost two to Muslims and 2 to Christians.

me idey fear ooooo
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2011
freecocoa:

Kai EKO,e never do? Everybody has dropped it o,why you come dey call me slut again na?anyways accept peace and move,no sweats,this thread and its issues are dead and buried to me,don't try to wake the dead,peace bro.

I'll drop it when you ibo clowns take your misguided rage and insanity out of this thread.

We are even yet to discuss the substance of the article itself, thanks to the ibo evil mongrels and low self esteem tribal cannibals.

I just don't know why it's so hard for your losers to know that this is not ibokwenu.com

Shey you want to make everything about your even when it doesn't concern you, sure, we'll help to do just that.

You fools are knuckle heads, you enjoy lerning the hard way.

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
freecocoa:

Iga di o ezi nwannem,udo diri gi,its alright now.

@Igbo boy,nwanne nmadu let's leave the issue,its past on this thread. Biri kwa o.

Oya follow me follow me come come and see my wifey e a beautiful baby o Frecocoa

She too fine e She too fine e. Baby na Tomato Jos o FRECOCOA OOOO

She too simple she too simple, Freecocoa go put me trouble ooooo

Porokoto porokoto

She no dey tire, You're my heart disaya

Anytime she waka for thread o no so she dey make boys dey holla FREECOCOA OOOOOO
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by chelseabmw(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
Absolute Rubbish!!   Women are women?  Says who.  When waz the last time u saw a black woman with real hair?  HELLOOOOOoooo!!! undecided
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
soloqy:

I am not taking sides, Ekoile.  So after the first person posted , what was your response to it? Your response seemed like you were just waiting for it so that you could 'give it to them' .And thats why I made the statement that its all it was all about in the first place.  Its so childish and the whole lot of you weary us(both sides). To read the sort of things posted one wonders just what sort of humans are these? There are a few names that we notice that are ever getting into tribal warfare on here. Both sides of the divide are childish and shameless. These names are recurrent in this show of shame and the blame is shared equally between the two sides.

Below is what I feel about this nonsense(And most others I have interracted with on here). The few people are making this place to a mockery of a place.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-822754.0.html#msg9841034

Every ibo tribal loser all of a sudden want to play dum.b. , I was stating facts that ibo people don't need any outside influence before getting killed over anything, they kill themselves via kidnapping.

Now, is this an insult or FACTS. YES OR NO?

The cheap slut that started this rubbish is still here doing the same thing and this clown ignored all that and still add my name to his foolishness.

Do yourself a favor and stick that rubbish where the sun don't shine.

What a dishonest scumbag.

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Oya follow me follow me come come and see my wifey e a beautiful baby o Frecocoa

She too fine e She too fine e. Baby na Tomato Jos o FRECOCOA OOOO

She too simple she too simple, Freecocoa go put me trouble ooooo

Porokoto porokoto

She no dey tire, You're my heart disaya

Anytime she waka for thread o no so she dey make boys dey holla FREECOCOA OOOOOO

For your mind you don bribe me o,anyways its all good,the song make sense.    cool wink grin

EKO oya carry go na,me I'm outta this thread.nothing will be said on it that hasn't been said before,stay cool though.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by aljharem3: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2011
freecocoa:

For your mind you don bribe me o,anyways its all good,the song make sense.    cool wink grin

EKO oya carry go na,me I'm outta this thread.nothing will be said on it that hasn't been said before,stay cool though.

Nice to see you smile finally grin grin grin
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2011
freecocoa:

Please don't leave, shey they've been gassing you up, letting you go on a rampage and even me sef ignored your dopey antics, they've been handling you with kids glove

Please stay, don't leave, let's go back and forth a little bit.

This piece of shiitt turned a  freeking positive thread in to the most disgusting display of insanity?

Fcucking internet slut,

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by isalegan2: 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
gozzilla:

Shake my head ,  in total disgust,  Na wa o.

I want to be sure, all this insult are they like for real. Is there so much hatred in the heart of the average Nigerian. Tribalism, is as deadly as terrorism or even racism. It is a time bomb waiting to explode. How much longer before a group of people become "cockroaches" fit for matcheting. Let us thread jejely young peeps.

Read between the lines: it was just a paid job to her - generate traffic by keeping hate flowing.  That's why she kept telling her confused and offended "friend" not to worry, that it was just for this thread and they were still cool.  That's why, after 44 pages of ugly mean-spiritedness - after all that invective, she can simply blink and tell all her nemesis, "hey it's all settled, we're all cool now, peace."  Tribalist for hire. Very noble.  Nice work if you can get it, huh?  The reputation of Nigeria be damned, huh?  People reading the thread constantly asking, is this how racist you people are?  Turning more and more ignorant folk into tribalists.

Just goes to show you, Nairaland is not Nigeria.  Say it loud and clear
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by reporter1: 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2011
Eko Ile,

Pls drop this issue. Everyone has ceased fire. It's time you moved on too.
Thanks for listening.

Gidi for life!
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by soloqy: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Ekoile, Is that an attempt to drag me into the cesspit of decadence? Even if we are anonymously posting, it actually exposes the sort of person someone is reading the things that flow from the person. You are all the same even you and the person you are saying started it. You are not better. So carry on. Congrats. And, lest I forget, you are one of the biggest tribalists I have read on cyberspace as your posts attest.

Have fun as I leave the thread for good
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^^^^ For now, I'll drop the issue and I suggest you do same. It's your choice.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
Ok, let's get back to the original article and it's original intent.

Though the writer is not Yoruba, but he basically expressed what's well know and has been said countless times.

Below are different sentiments echoing the same things.

Of Yoruba Traditional Religious System And Tolerance.

My friend pointed out that that was a very important part of the Yoruba religious system. In the Yoruba traditional religious system, in the same family, one could have each member of the family worshipping a different god, without any person proselytizing or persecuting another.

That, my friend said, was a great indication of tolerance. It, my friend continued, informed why the man we met at the bank still gave presents to the members of his family who were still Muslims, during an Islamic ceremony

http://loomnie.com/2007/12/15/of-traditional-yoruba-religious-system-and-tolerance/

The Yoruba are a deeply religious people, but they are also pragmatic and tolerant about their religious differences. Thus, it is to the credit of traditional Yoruba tolerance that there has been no religious persecution or war among them since the coming of Christianity and Islam, the two proselytizing religions.

http://www.andaman-video.org/startyoruba01.html

YORUBA RELIGIOUS FREEDOM MODEL FOR WORLD PEACE

The YORUBA of West Africa and Diaspora practice religious freedom to a fault remaining the most tolerant community of every religious belief in the world. It is always fun to study, admire and live the way Yoruba celebrate various religious events even those adverse to their well beings during the Slave Trade in the hands of their Arab Muslims or European Christian brothers. In contrast, Yoruba remind us that the same way a slave is born, so is a free child. The only community where a slave can aspire to be a king and a king can reduce himself to a slave. Though Africa remains the only Continent without its indigenous religion practiced freely and openly, Yoruba religious culture has not been so consumed.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/farouk-martins/yoruba-religious-freedom-model-for-world-peace.html

The way I see it, tolerance is part of ones culture, way of life and upbringing, I just don't know if it's possible to teach it especially to folks with other influences beyond religion like BH.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Idowuogbo(f): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
isale_gan2:

Read between the lines: it was just a paid job to her - generate traffic by keeping hate flowing.  That's why she kept telling her confused and offended "friend" not to worry, that it was just for this thread and they were still cool.  That's why, after 44 pages of ugly mean-spiritedness - after all that invective, she can simply blink and tell all her nemesis, "hey it's all settled, we're all cool now, peace."  Tribalist for hire. Very noble.  Nice work if you can get it, huh?  The reputation of Nigeria be damned, huh?  People reading the thread constantly asking, is this how racist you people are?  Turning more and more ignorant folk into tribalists.

Madam we are cool to a certain extent but I am still offended and she knows dat,I chose to let it slide for reasons best known to me.She is aware dat I am highly disappointed in the character she potrayed earlier whether she got hired by Seun dat I do not know,but am still a bit perplexed on why she reacted to DK in such manner sha.I think Dk is dealing with that himself,I would zip it hopefully no tribal insults come forth from her again.

Freecocoa am I clear?
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 12:02am On Dec 29, 2011
isale_gan2:

O boy see analysis,hmm the matter o serious gan o,this really got me ROFLMAO, please cease fire o, war don end,peace.   grin grin cheesy
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by isalegan2: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2011
Idowuogbo:

Madam we are cool to a certain extent but I am still offended and she knows dat,I chose to let it slide for reasons best known to me.She is aware dat I  am highly disappointed in the character she potrayed earlier,whether she got hired by Seun dat I do not know,but am still a bit perplexed on why she reacted to DK in such manner sha.I think Dk is dealing with that himself,I would zip it hopefully no tribal insults come forth from her again.

Freecocoa am I clear?

Oh, I'm not saying she's the only one.  But it was out of character and the whole thing was bizzare.  I have no more to say, but. . . PEACE.  Happy New Year. cool smiley

freecocoa:

O boy see analysis,hmm the matter o serious gan o,this really got me ROFLMAO, please cease fire o, war don end,peace.   grin grin cheesy

Okay.  smiley lipsrsealed
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by aljharem3: 12:09am On Dec 29, 2011
Finally page 45!!!

Isale gan as always very articulate wink

freecocoa, na wa o Ike nwanyi cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 12:11am On Dec 29, 2011
Idowuogbo:

Madam we are cool to a certain extent but I am still offended and she knows dat,I chose to let it slide for reasons best known to me.She is aware dat I am highly disappointed in the character she potrayed earlier whether she got hired by Seun dat I do not know,but am still a bit perplexed on why she reacted to DK in such manner sha.I think Dk is dealing with that himself,I would zip it hopefully no tribal insults come forth from her again.

Freecocoa am I clear?
Wahala dey o, paddy o to na,haba,you are taking it too far,I've explained to you wetin happen na,don't tell me you are gonna hold on to it,if seun hire me you suppose know say this thread go pass 100 pages,(na joke o) on a more serious note,please let it go,na your cocolario dey talk abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

Akinyemi: #EndSARS Protests Will Return In 2 Weeks, If Issues Are Not Addressed / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Declaration Of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB As Terrorists / Peter Obi Receives Jonathan And Wife Patience In His House (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.