Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? (3294 Views)

Ladies, Whats Up With This #teambraless Stuff? / Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media / About Women Making The First Move. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by mcnoxious(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2006
making the first move is as important as spying a person you think you might get along with! without the first move, there would be no relationships but two people with fantasies buried under their fear or perhaps their timid nature.

one of the most popular headlines in the news these days: when do we get a female president? i study mechanical engineering, i just completed my diploma program, and i tell you what, we have ladies that do better than some guys! formerly ladies considered mechanical engineering as a course to physical, devious and strictly for guys. but thanks to the "what men can do women can do better attitude" they are now buying application forms and making this course their first choice. women won't agree that its a man's world would they?

funny enough when it comes to the "first move thing", it becomes a man's responsibility! ladies what happened to the " we can do better attitude"? i sure demand answers to that question! emotions are like quick sand you can do practically nothing on your own to save yourself from either falling for someone or loving someone. nobody is a tyro when it comes to loving, the handbook lies in your heart and its left to you to want to follow your heart.

so what happens when your heart says "hey make the first move"? come to think of it whats wrong making the first move? what are the common excuses ladies give? listed below are a few:
1. the guy won't respect me
2. first move thing is 100% masculine
3.ladies dont ask guys out
4. it is better to do things that would attract him ( a disguise first move)
5. i cant stand him saying no!

first and foremost i think ladies should know that a guy could approach you, go out with you and not respect you! i think its not the first move that creates or brings respect. nope! ie isn't! respect comes from your personal diction. the way you carry yourself, dress, etc so you approaching the guy wouldn't make u less a ladyif actually u are a lady a man would respect.

also i think making an indirect first move would hurt you more, especially when the guy is not getting the message. that might tempt u to wear clothes that are alluring when u are with him,etc he might then get attracted to you lustfully and ossibly desire sex in form of flings, one night stands,etc.

to be succint, because i dont want to keep you reading something that might eventually bore you, so i advice ladies if yiou study a guy and find him quite responsible (and not just handsome) make the first move he can never say no! i reassure you he won't say no! but make sure you premise for making the first move is enveloped, a letter that he is single! if you know what i mean! dont "toast" a poor sister's guy coz he wont say no. you'll be bereaking hearts and ruining relationships!
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2006
i have never tried making a first move but i dont think theres anything bad in it

after all victoria made the first move towards David Beckham and now she is bathing, walking and sleeping in money . so many other people too so as for me i don't see anything wrong in it.

Oh HANG ON, i made the first move towards an ex boyfriend of mine he was the best but we parted beause of distance and i mean he was all to me I haven't dated someone like him ever since
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by venice(f): 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2006
Well i don't know if i'll ever make the first move, its embarrassing for me not that i think there's anything wrong with it, some guys will tell the whole world that you are the one that propose him i mean it sounds a bit ockward! undecided
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by whitelexi(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2006
some guys will tell the whole world that you are the one that propose him i mean it sounds a bit ockward!

Study the guy first,
if yiou study a guy and find him quite responsible (and not just handsome) make the first move he can never say no!
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by babymine(f): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2006
The first move? shocked Not right.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2006
a whole lot is wrong with a woman making the first move, it's just not of a lady
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by whitelexi(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2006
its better to make the first move on a guy u fancy than watch him in agony everyday while another lady who made the first move enjoys his attention and company grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by whoknoxluv(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2006
For a lady to make the first move to me giv me a feeling that the lady is bold and courageous such lady commands respect from me cos it is uncommon to see lady making that great step.
Moreover let see it that the guy is not that rich and a lady could take such step the lady deserves a great respect.
For me there is nothing wrong for a lady to make that move though i have never experience it and am seriously looking 4 such chance
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by ayettymama(f): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2010
aint nuttin wrong wiv it?
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by adosjun(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ poster nice work. I believe pride is d prob of d ladies but my advice is study d guy 1st discuss issue concernin relationship wit him,knw his tot abt it. Den just ask him if he likes you.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Rusty09(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hey, we're in the 21st century aint we? So y not? Besides u girls r always quick to form Independent woman and strong woman n all that, so y cant y'all be strong and assertive in this then? Ure only quick to form strong n independement wen it favours u. . .

Anyway, if ure just shy then. . .
4. it is better to do things that would attract him ( a disguise first move)

I think that says it all, and that just might be fun if u do it right. . . grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by elecktra(f): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
nuffin wrong in making a first move on a guy but in the case where you are not sure if the guy likes you,you could just flirt a bit like batting

your eyelids,looking at him straight in the eyes, holding hands, if he reacts in the positive, hit him baby but if he doesn't  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by hasbi4life: 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2010
hi electra so ur post on toasters, where do u stay.can give u a help
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by ebila(m): 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2010
babymine:

The first move? shocked Not right.

venice:

Well i don't know if i'll ever make the first move, its embarrassing for me not that i think there's anything wrong with it, some guys will tell the whole world that you are the one that propose him i mean it sounds a bit ockward! undecided

Rhodalyn:

a whole lot is wrong with a woman making the first move, it's just not of a lady

Ladies,u tend to miss it alot(on dis issue).U can make a move on a guy without even talkin' to him(not to talk of askin' him out).There r fins u'd do n u'll hav him without u first talkin' wif him.We men r egoistic beings,we like conquering.If u make d first move,we'll do d rest(collectin' digits,askin' 4 dates,askin' u out etc).We won't even wanna admit u made d first move cos dat'll only dent our ego.
I urge u gurls to read "How to make anyone fall in love with you" by Leil Lowndes,u'll get a clearer picture of wot i'm gettin' at.The book is also good for guys too n can be downloaded from google.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by hollandis(f): 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2010
Any girl who makes the first move on moi,will eventually end up being screwed and dumped after one week.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by iice(f): 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
I make a lot of first moves grin I no send jare. . .

Though sometimes, being direct can scare the guy away cheesy
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
You make the first move on a typical Nigerian man at your own peril.
They are not matured enough for such things.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
stillwater:

[size=16pt]You make the first move on a typical Nigerian man at your own peril.
They are too immature enough for such things.
[/size]

[size=17pt]Exactly. If a girl is just being friendly and touches them once in a while they think she wants them grin[/size]
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by ddiamond(f): 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2010
there is nothing there, but naija guys to local,

just make sure you are real,

cool cool cool
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2010
When a girl is foolish enough to say "I love you"the guy thinks she's meaning something else
so I stay on the safe side, I do not make first moves, called me old fashioned if you like
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Moyola(f): 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
whitelexi:

its better to make the first move on a guy u fancy than watch him in agony everyday while another lady who made the first move enjoys his attention and company grin

cool cool
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by firedancer(f): 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2010
nothing !!!!

***still looking for that guy that ll bring out the vixen in me sha***
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by RBiafra: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
There is nothing wrong with that. i was in gym on Saturday when a lady approached me and now we are trying to build-up a friendship. im 25 n she's 32, though i like hanging around with ladies from above 30-40yrs not because of material things (i've got my own cash already), but because i feel more comfortable with them moreover most of them really know what they want unlike the ones at their 20's. i hope to marry one in future cool
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Hairat007(f): 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Sauron1: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
stillwater:

You make the first move on a typical Nigerian man at your own peril.
They are not matured enough for such things.

You are a big black rat. angry angry angry angry
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by sweetmum(f): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
it's not a big deal,i have asked a guy out before,he was tripped and we are friends now,i told him i did not intend for us to be intimate,i controlled the relationship.
if you see someone that you like,just go and get him.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Sauron1: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
sweetmum:

it's not a big deal,i have asked a guy out before,he was tripped and we are friends now,i told him i did not intend for us to be intimate,i controlled the relationship.
if you see someone that you like,just go and get him.

That's what i am talking about. . . . .
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

You are a big black rat. angry angry angry angry

You are vexed?  Tell your brothers to behave. Then we can have a discussion, you big black rat. angry
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
Who says it's a big deal?
But be careful when you try it with a typical naija man. Bite me!!!
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Sauron1: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
stillwater:

You are vexed?  Tell your brothers to behave. Then we can have a discussion, you big black rat. angry

U need to stop the Naija men bashing.
We don't let women-making-the-first-move thingy get into our heads.
NL babes ask us out everyday and we don't even see it as any big deal so what gives?? grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

U need to stop the Naija men bashing.
We don't let women-making-the-first-move thingy get into our heads.
NL babes ask us out everyday and we don't even see it as any big deal so what gives?? grin grin grin

It gets into your heads that's why you can have silly whitelexi's kind of threads with useless rumors propagated by your kin. tongue
Most of you are delusional anyway. Asking to be your friend does not mean she is tripping for you, you big black rat. grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong With Making The First Move? by Sauron1: 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
stillwater:

It gets into your heads that's why you can have silly whitelexi's kind of threads with useless rumors propagated by your kin. tongue

U must be high off concentrated Ogogoro

Most of you are delusional anyway. Asking to be your friend does not mean she is tripping for you, you big black rat. grin

This generalisation is what i can't stomach.
Is it fair to say YOU(Stillwater) have the same attitude as Anita Hogan? grin grin
U this Oke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me / This Very Girl Is Heartless And Wicked! / My Boyfreind Wants To Lecture In My School Just To Keep An Eye On Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.