Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed (45508 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Breaking News!!!!!!! : Fuel To Sell At N57/litre ? / Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Enough of Talk, any NEWS of protest being planned for tomorrow?, Sad I just returned to the UK last week, any news guys My head is doing me in typing this, Any PROTEST !!!

The UK is a very very developed oil producing country. Is there any subsidy there?
Lol!

Nigeria MUST develop, regardless of what naysayers holla. cool
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by unamid(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2012
NNPC price is 138,diesel remained at 145 while kerosene still at 50
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2012
werepeLeri:

LOL. Why dont u come back dude?
We are not joking with this okay! This is not time for propaganda. WE ARE DAMM SERIOUS, and listen mate, I am well off, and I can afford to run my house in Nigeria without a National grid with light 24/7 for two years or more straight, But WE must not allow the foolishness of a fisherman ruin our one and only country.

Jonathan is a Coward and I can tell you, here in the UK all those who touted him as the messiah are regretting big time!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Rhino5dm: 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
Why are Nigerians behaving like mumus? The subsidy removal is for their benefits and the ungrateful bunch of mumus are whining. Sad!!

There shall be  good roads, new refineries, internationa airport at all the 36 states, Youwin will create 37 million new jobs, Bokoharam are gone for good, build more power station and generate more megawatts. Open our economy for foreign investment(we are expecting 1 trillion dollars).

This is really sweet.

Thank God for giving us GEJ !!! Atlast the cabals are gone for good. God bless GEJ, the annointed one. Amen
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
Evil Brain:

Have no doubt that the government is still going to be setting prices. By the time northerners start complaining that they are paying far more for fuel than people in the south; or the next time oil prices rise and it starts getting close to N200 per litre. You can bet your @ss that they'll succumb to political pressure and start "stabilizing" and "price fixing" (with a heavy dose of corruption) again.

Deregulation my foot.

rest assured, they will be paying over n200/litre in the SE and north

and this time it will be legit. the marketers still win. the nigerian citizen is the one shafted
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

The UK is a very very developed oil producing country. Is there any subsidy there?
Lol!

YES, our VAT on Fuel is way way less than on other goods and services! That is the UK way of subsidy, okay. , numpty
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Chubhie: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2012
Lord knows i have been runing on gen for closd to a month now non stop!!! May egbe elegwe fire all of them there!!! When are we hitting the ground runing!!! Make all these yeye unions no dull me o!!! Round up all the politicians!!!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

Lol!

do 90% of the citizens in the UK run their businesses and homes on generators ?

are vehicles the sole means of land transport in the uk?

how much of their fuel is refined locally in the uk?

better run off to the beer parlor if you think you can spread this lame bs.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-815060.32.html

whatever happened to your touted 600mw 150mw development? nothing. and thats what we have come to expect from your monkey's government, plenty of empty promises
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 5:56pm On Jan 01, 2012
^
Phuck off with your id!ocy.

Omo_Tier: Have you asked yourself what INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT  the money saved from the removal of subsidy from disel was used for  

Jonathan is a coward [size=14pt]Ciroma actually said He was! [/size]  

I always knew there was something weird about you. So Ciroma is your role model? shocked shocked shocked
You guys are gonna have your arses baked real good, keep screaming about oil when una no get! LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Today is Nigeria's real independence day, the day the man in the street got free.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by werepeLeri: 5:56pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

We are not joking with this okay! This is not time for propaganda. WE ARE DAMM SERIOUS,  and listen mate, I am well off,  and I can afford to run my house in Nigeria without a National grid with light 24/7 for two years or more straight,  But WE must not allow the foolishness of a fisherman ruin our one and only country.

Jonathan is a Coward and I can tell you, here in the UK all those who touted him as the messiah are regretting big time!

Plsss - who is not well off?

The point is, if you are serious, get a one way ticket and come back. Enough of NairaLand NOISE/
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by bjdon: 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

YES, our VAT on Fuel is way way less than on other goods and services! That is the UK way of subsidy, okay. , numpty
Are you for real dude? Low vat on fuel in the UK? I assume you are aware of the fuel duty tax which is seperate from VAT? Here's some education for you

About 57p of the cost of a litre of petrol in Britain is tax, compared with 31p in Spain, 45p in Italy, 48p in France and 52p in Germany.

The Telegraph launched a campaign in May 2008 calling on Gordon Brown to scrap plans to increase road tax and a planned 2p per litre rise in fuel duty.

The average Briton pays almost £900 in petrol taxes annually.

The study, by the Association of European Automobile Manufacturers, shows that Britain has the highest fuel taxes of 27 European countries surveyed.

The tax is also higher than in America, Canada and Australia.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by MarcAnthon(m): 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
Apparently this government doesn't feel that sovereignty belongs to the people. They don't feel our opinions count for anything. Just a few days ago Okonjo Iweala told the whole world that fuel subsidy removal is on hold for now, indefinitely, and that they were going to embark on more public sensitization. Jon Dumbo himself was on national TV telling us about wider consultations on the issue.

But they go ahead and do this?

So in effect we can be lied to, treated with disdain, and slammed with whatever is the will and caprice of the HOG at any point in time. Why? Because they feel we are all talk and no action.

NIGERIANS OVER TO YOU. You take it lying down or you stand up and let them them know we are all stakeholders in our country and our opinions should count as well. IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

They will build infrastructure and replicate heaven in Nigeria. . . that is all we've been hearing. But what have they done with what they've had all these years? How have they made the same sacrifices they are asking us to make? I insist that you do not reward mismanagement with more resources to squander. It's a simple logic.

All we see everyday is corruption and extravagance on their parts. Whatever 'savings' they might make from this will definitely go the same way. No doubt about it. Don't hold your breath.

At the end of the day a people deserve the kind of leadership they get. It is up to us to determine whether or not we want this to stay.

REMEMBER EGYPT, TUNISIA and LIBYA.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
bjdon:

Are you for real dude? Low vat on fuel in the UK? I assume you are aware of the fuel duty tax which is seperate from VAT? Here's some education for you

About 57p of the cost of a litre of petrol in Britain is tax, compared with 31p in Spain, 45p in Italy, 48p in France and 52p in Germany.

The Telegraph launched a campaign in May 2008 calling on Gordon Brown to scrap plans to increase road tax and a planned 2p per litre rise in fuel duty.

The study, by the Association of European Automobile Manufacturers, shows that Britain has the highest fuel taxes of 27 European countries surveyed.

Get some sense okay! Duty on cars and road is never same on VAT on Fuel! , duno where they get these crop of Nigerians in the UK from
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by werepeLeri: 5:59pm On Jan 01, 2012
Another round of foolish arguments and talks that achieve nothing. When will the so called analysts on NairaLand do something "wise" apart from reminding us Egypt, Tunisia etc etc?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2012
bjdon:

How much is litre at Tescos, Sansibury and Morrissons Check you VAT below the receipt. Then go over and buy goods in sansibury and check your VAT, then come back here and have a word!  angry
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by bjdon: 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2012
werepeLeri:

Plsss - who is not well off?

The point is, if you are serious, get a one way ticket and come back. Enough of NairaLand NOISE/
Very well said!!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2012
To hell with GEJ making me suffer today.

After reading the news of the fuel subsidy removal, i hit the street in search of fuel. From My dolphin Estate residence, i drove through Ikoyi, Lagos Island and VI virtually no filling station is opened for business.

I shed tears cos i dont have fuel in my car neither do i have fuel for my Gen.

As we speak now, there's no power and im posting with my phone.

What a new year gift.

On the first day of a new year, our dear president has thrown the nation into suffering.

Even the almighty NNPC mega station in Ikoyi/Alfred rewane way is not selling fuel to anyone.

See as pple are carrying gallons in search of fuel for their small generators. Okada men scrambling for spaces.

This is unfair on us
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ZEN(m): 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2012
This man is a cold blooded animal.My hands are shaking as i type.My God,this man is heartless.On a new year's day.WHY?This man has shown that he is a liar,heartless,dull and insensitive.As i type on,I hear the voice of my baby in the background and I shake my head.I shake my head not because I will not be able to meet her needs;By God's Grace I will, but the millions of Nigerians out there who will be unable to meet their basic needs as a result of this unpopular move by this senseless and clueless man.

For God's sake is this man not a PHD holder.Must he take all he is adviced by I.M.F hook, line and sinker?Does he not know that the price of everything in the market will double-talk of common sense.Where will Nigerians get the money from?Not having implemented the meager 18,000naira minimum wage.This unpopular move will lead to an increase in corruption,poverty,arm robbery,vandalisation of our pipelines amongst other vices.

I have never been as angry as I am this year(lol).PLS LORD WHY DO WE GET SUCH "RULERS"?,WHY ARE WE UNLUCKY?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

So, the UK, a well developed oil producing country actually TAXES fuel? Damn!
And you pay that tax without calling for "revolution?" Chineke me e! Choi!
The worst bit, is calling the tax you pay on fuel in the UK a subsidy! World done hend! grin

I wonder why you enjoy the good life in the UK, but feel that Nigeria should never be developed; or is it that you want to remain an "oppressor?"
Wake up and smell the coffee. Baseless hatred won't get you anywhere and it is bad for your health.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2012
LOL, I wonder how long Nigerians can suffer and smile for, This hike in gas price will def have a domino effect, watch how the price of food is gonna go up.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2012
bjdon:

oyb:

do 90% of the citizens in the UK run their businesses and homes on generators ?

are vehicles the sole means of land transport in the uk?

how much of their fuel is refined locally in the uk?

better run off to the beer parlor if you think you can spread this lame bs.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-815060.32.html

whatever happened to your touted 600mw 150mw development? nothing. and thats what we have come to expect from your monkey's government, plenty of empty promises

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2012
My Predictions:

Importers will hurd the products to create artificial scarcity and pinch the populace against the Feds.

PPRA must promulgate a law forbidding Importers from forming a Union

Truth is, this is not telecoms the system will need to find a way of cushioning the effects of hurding.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

So, the UK, a well developed oil producing country actually TAXES fuel? Damn!
And you pay that tax without calling for "revolution?" Chineke me e! Choi!
The worst bit, is calling the tax you pay on fuel in the UK a subsidy! World done hend! grin

I wonder why you enjoy the good life in the UK, but feel that Nigeria should never be developed; or is it that you want to remain an "oppressor?"
Wake up and smell the coffee. Baseless hatred won't get you anywhere and it is bad for your health.
the UK import over 1/4 of her Fuel, if you do not know. The North Sea can barely keep the UK going for a summer talkless of the winter! The VAT is not really on Fuel it is on add-on services related to Fuel!, I hate when cowards engage in carnival like display
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by bjdon: 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Get some sense okay! Duty on cars and road is never same on VAT on Fuel! ,  duno where they get these crop of Nigerians in the UK from
Wow we really have a dim bulb in the house today!
You were trying to make out that fuel in the Uk is cheep due to low VAT. I've pointed out to you that fuel in the Uk is not cheep to the very high rate of fuel duty. Who said anything about duty on cars? I assume you know the difference between VAT and fuel duty?
So where exactly is the 'subsidy' you claim is being applied the Uk? So in summary: IN THE UK THERE IS NO FUEL SUBSIDY. WHILE THE VAT ON FUEL MAY INDEED BE LOWER THAN ON OTHER PRODUCTS, THE PUMP PRICE PER LITRE OF FULE IS ALREADY HEAVEILY MARKED UP BY FUEL DUTY TAX. Hope that's clear enough for you but if not I'll be happy to paint you a picture
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by EvilBrain1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
ZEN:

I have never been as angry as I am this year(lol).PLS LORD WHY DO WE GET SUCH "RULERS"?,WHY ARE WE UNLUCKY?

Why are you blaming god? No be una vote for am? You better stop whining and enjoy your PDP for the next 3 years.

Look on the bright side, suffering builds character! Maybe you people will learn something from this so you can open eye and open sense in 2015.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
Monitoring CHANNELSTV.COM, reporting Gas stations have stopped selling fuel and they are now locked down! What has this revealed about the FG? If both private and Major marketers are now hurding Fuel, where lies the government in her duties and responsibility to Nigerians?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

How much is litre at Tescos, Sansibury and Morrissons Check you VAT below the receipt. Then go over and buy goods in sansibury and check your VAT, then come back here and have a word!  angry

You are a funny character indeed, bending the truth to make a washed out argument:

United Kingdom

Main article: Hydrocarbon oil duty

From 23 March 2011 the UK duty rate for the road fuels unleaded petrol, diesel, biodiesel and bioethanol is GB£0.5795 per litre (£2.63 per imperial gallon or £2.19 per U.S. gallon).[6]

Value Added Tax at 20% is also charged on the price of the fuel and on the duty. An additional vehicle excise duty, depending on a vehicle's CO2 production per kilometre, which depends directly on fuel consumption, is also levied.

Diesel for use by farmers and construction vehicles is coloured red (Red Diesel) and has a much reduced tax, currently GB£0.1133 per litre (£0.52 per imperial gallon or £0.43 per U.S. gallon).[6]

Jet fuel used for international aviation attracts no duty, and no VAT.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_tax#United_Kingdom

Taxes make up to about half the price paid for fuel at the pump in the UK. It is the same across the developed World, even former communist countries like Russia and China tax fuel.
Tell another story, bruv, cos your current one is weak.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Monitoring CHANNELSTV.COM,  reporting Gas stations have stopped selling fuel and they are now locked down! What has this revealed about the FG? If both private and Major marketers are now hurding Fuel, where lies the government in her duties and responsibility to Nigerians?

thats exactly whats been happening. only those of us who leapt out of our house the moment the news hit were able to buy fuel

tomorrow is going to be chaos

even the station attendants said so. xmas gift fro gej to the marketers 100+% profit on your investment
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 6:12pm On Jan 01, 2012
bjdon:

Wow we really have a dim bulb in the house today!
You were trying to make out that fuel in the Uk is cheep due to low VAT. I've pointed out to you that fuel in the Uk is not cheep to the very high rate of fuel duty. Who said anything about duty on cars? I assume you know the difference between VAT and fuel duty?
So where exactly is the 'subsidy' you claim is being applied the Uk? So in summary: IN THE UK THERE IS NO FUEL SUBSIDY. WHILE THE VAT ON FUEL MAY INDEED BE LOWER THAN ON OTHER PRODUCTS, THE PUMP PRICE PER LITRE OF FULE IS ALREADY HEAVEILY MARKED UP BY FUEL DUTY TAX. Hope that's clear enough for you but if not I'll be happy to paint you a picture
It was dumbties like you that shouted GEJ as messiah, ight! You aint got a clue what subsidy means, do ya?, freaky wiggy!!! You really think you are buying Fuel at the true cost of landing price in the UK? You must be dam stupid to think so!

I didn't bother replying to the stuff you put up there 'cos you doing so showed you had no clue what that document was saying and the parameters used and how the UK market prices vis a viz UK government VAT, how it works hand in hand
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ziccoit: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2012
One thing is very very clear, removing fuel subsidy is not going to change anything. In fact life would be more difficult. We all know how much kerosine costs after its full deregulation. We need a true leader that will be ready to stand his ground and change the present Nigeria way of doing things.
GEJ told us, if subsidy stayed Nigeria would collapse. Mark my,word, he is coming back to tell us different story tomorrow when he fail to deliver on his promises post-subsidy removal.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

You are a funny character indeed, bending the truth to make a washed out argument:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_tax#United_Kingdom

Taxes make up to about half the price paid for fuel at the pump in the UK. It is the same across the developed World, even former communist countries like Russia and China tax fuel.
Tell another story, bruv, cos your current one is weak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commuter_rail_in_the_United_Kingdom

Urban rail, commuter rail, regional rail, or suburban rail, plays a key role in the public transport system of many of the United Kingdom's major cities. Urban rail is defined as a rail service between a central business district and suburbs or other locations that draw large numbers of people on a daily basis. The trains providing such services may be termed commuter trains.[1]
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by kunmi5: 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2012
It is well. It is well. It iswell.
Where are we going to in this country? the so called mesiah - Goodluck!!!. fuelsubsidy removed without cushioning processes on d populace, how on earth would people survive? house rent go double, food, transport fares, its a total overhaul of the economy.
meanwhile people's source of income remains the same.
we seriously need seasoned administrators in this country, d presidency & those in government do not get the heat of this, its d average common man.

Will leaving Nigeria for another country solve the problem?, Ghana here has a splendid thriving economy!!! Light does not blink in Cortdivoire!!

O Lord have mercy, take control Lord!!!! We need divine intervention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Prays Against Buhari's Victory In 2019 Election At The APC Giant Broom / Why Dasuki Will End Up In Prison – Buhari / Dino Melaye And Festus Keyamo Laugh, Shake Hands After Asking Him To Sing Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.