Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Building A Large Duplex In Enugu - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Large Duplex In Enugu (63377 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2012
Learning
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by ricki: 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2012
Oga phemmy was your pic on shopclue (that was the clue bye the way) thread at all ? Since you are familiar with was they are doing, can tell if it is good investment and what do you think about the whole setup generally. i really wanted in know in time but was told to wait.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by mahabone(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2012
@STEO!

What a good write up!

Actually i am a proponent of exchange of ideas, but my POV here is that"MUST WE COPY OYIBOMAN FOR EVERY LITTLE THING, EVEN THINGS WE CAN DO ON OUR OWN IN OUR OWN WAY TO SUIT OUR CONDITION?

Moulding blocks/pillars is not rocket science. Why don't we first start dis exchange of ideas by suggesting ways to improve on this beautiful talent and idea as exhibited here and make it more efficient.

Yes in Tokyo workers don't use head pan during casting now but there was a time they used a similar method. How do they came up to the present level? Mind you Japan has a very unique building construction style due to being prone to earthquakes.

Two weeks ago i read online about buses being imported from China by the Fed. govt when we have INNOSON MOTOR NNEWI, how can we grow like dis? My 10 kobo here is that while we import modern & major building ideas,we also use whatever happens to be avaliable and do the lesser aspect of building construction.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2012
ricki:

Oga phemmy was your pic on shopclue (that was the clue bye the way) thread at all ? Since you are familiar with was they are doing, can tell if it is good investment and what do you think about the whole setup generally. i really wanted in know in time but was told to wait.

Sorry, i would rather not comment on the project as at now . . . Hope you dont mind.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by gabbytabby: 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2012
So impressed by your write up wish I saw this before spending 2m on foundation alone.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2012
some more pictures of work progress

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2012
Do we still have to import pillars or pay these boys big cash to improve their creativity and reverse the brain drain grin grin

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by olubuffett: 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2012
These your pillars na solid job. well done man.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2012
And the sand still gets to be packed up after we lift up the pillars, we are going to use the same sand to cast the concrete inside the pillars.

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2012
This is what I am trying to replicate

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2012
Didn't tell you guys we have started the decking works on this house. Have been so busy this weekend, next weekend will be worse.

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2012
more decking

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by caseymoney(m): 3:11am On Feb 14, 2012
Spyder, how much does it take to construct each of those pillar?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Feb 14, 2012
^^^ from the ground to the roof (moulding, standing and pouring concrete) costs 20k for each pillar, labour only.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:44am On Feb 14, 2012
spyder880:

^^^ from the ground to the roof (moulding, standing and pouring concrete) costs 20k for each pillar, labour only.

How about the total cost with materials and not just the labour ?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2012
spyder880:

Each as in every single one of the four or each side as shown in picture? Both side N40k or N80k
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14, 2012
still we press on

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
An electrician has started work in this house, he is here chiseling the walls and creating holes where he will run his pipes through the walls, conduit wiring style. see those marks on the walls.

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
one of the pillars from the top as we are filling it up with concrete.

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
the footing of the pillars is still being worked on to make it smooth, so that when you paint it later, it will be as smooth as silk

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2012
we got this stone from Awgu town, strong and expensive stones which we are going to use in the decking of the house. The nearest substitute to granite.

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:10am On Feb 15, 2012
Coming out really nice
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by caseymoney(m): 12:23am On Feb 15, 2012
Thanks for the info, Keep up the good job.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by benimeogu(f): 2:42am On Feb 15, 2012
N
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:51am On Feb 15, 2012
benimeogu:

Nice Stone Spyder, i used it a couple of years ago when i did my decking. It is called iron stone, i used it in combination with rice gravell and sharp sand for the decking and for the pillars i used rice gravell only.
honestly, building is very fun, i always feel happy seeing projects going on here in nairaland.
Be strong and courageous.
I hope you enjoyed the valentine day well.

Thanks bro, where have you been all these while?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by chidexy(m): 10:32am On Feb 15, 2012
Oga Spyder, what's the diameter size of the (iron)stones from Awgu? Doesn't the size of the granite used in mixing the concrete matter? What's ideal in your professional opinion?

Hope madam surprised you on Valentine
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by steo: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
spyder880:

An electrician has started work in this house, he is here chiseling the walls and creating holes where he will run his pipes through the walls, conduit wiring style. see those marks on the walls.

On this type of block, Don't you think the electrician should have started work before the lintel casting?. It would have been easier to pass the pips from the top without the need of block chiseling.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by benimeogu(f): 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
@
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
Reporting to Class to learn more
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by za85: 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
@spyder well done.

I have a question. The stones are they not too heavy for the decking ? why stones and not the normal gravel or granite?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^ Will be back to read the response . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / How Much Is Your House Rent