Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114493 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by seunlayi(m): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2012
nigeria on fire

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by seunlayi(m): 10:17am On Jan 05, 2012
God save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by kels001: 10:19am On Jan 05, 2012
this is a wise decision by wise nigeriansand this Government will be use as a scape goat to every other Government , fellow Nigerians,compatriot do not despair for God is with you in the struggle against injustice and inhumane treatment from these blood sucker who cares only fo themselves, aluta continua, please dont forget together we stand divided we fall,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 10:22am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by stepo707: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2012
mukina2:

lol
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by megaomo(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2012
Nothing is happening in otukpo or makurdi for that matter. My Benue folks were's the Naija love,c'mon lets go!!!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2012
mega-omo:

Nothing is happening in otukpo or makurdi for that matter. My Benue folks were's the Naija love,c'mon lets go!!!!!

There was protest in Makurdi yesterday
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DrummaBoy(m): 11:18am On Jan 05, 2012
O men for Ibadan, nothing dey happen here O!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by odoyichuks: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2012
Jonah!!! Jonah!!!, Hear the voice of the Lord saying: Abacha and Mariam went into ASO ROCK, only Mariam came out alive. Obasanjo and Stella went into ASO ROCK, only Obasanjo came out alive. YAR'ADUA and Turai went into ASO ROCK, only Turai came out alive, JONAH!!! JONAH!!! Ur wife PATIENCE already prophesied on National T.V saying "MY FELLOW WIDOWS"
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by lekanolas: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2012
Nigerian Bar Association members are now at Allen junction distributing leaflets, urging Nigerians to resist the hike. They are on their way to Lagos Government House, Alausa to register their opposition to the removal.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rich4god(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2012
What is happening to my brothers in SE, are we just going to swallow the effect without a fight. Realy, what i have witnessed with my eyes in kano has taken me aback, Plz this protest migth even go a long way to foster our national unity.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rich4god(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2012
What is happening to my brothers in SE, are we just going to swallow the effect without a fight. Realy, what i have witnessed with my eyes in kano has taken me aback, Plz this protest migth even go a long way to foster our national unity.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 05, 2012
I support fuel subsidy removal. I think dat most of them protesting are not well-informed on d issue or just doing so at d bidding of fuel-importers-cabal. We should know dat GEJ & his economic team mean well for dis country. No doubt, dis policy is excrutiating; especially on the transport sector. But, let us not forget d eg of China's patriotic sacrifices. The gains of subsidy removal, surely, will surpass d present pains. God bless Nigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2012
Bauchi
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PapaBrowne(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2012
The people protesting are so few!! Large cities are turning out 100-200 people. I thought there were 150 million Nigerians!!

Even Lagos with 16- 20 million people has not been able to gather more than 200 people to protest!!

Only Kano and a few northern states are showing any numbers so very soon the south is going to get suspicious!!

This revolution don die premature death!!

I would advice that our energies be channelled to fight against wasteful  expenditures and all forms of government corruption.
We should also fight to ensure our states and LGs are more accountable to us since they are closer and understand our core needs better!!
A war against fuel subsidy removal would take us nowhere!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bassette(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Lujan months afta dis removal we will meet here by God's grace to ascertain d xtent if these gains/benefits dis 'same economic' team want us to bliv in.i dunno if its d same 'economic team' d@ wud repair d damaged roads,improve power supply,put our refinery in order n take care of oda ailing infrastructure, we r watching!when pple lyk u talk i 1nda frm ‎​Ẅђα† angle or perspective u talking frm, is dis not naijaa, where on earth av u seen sum1 apply same failin methods 2 a task n emerge with a successful resulthow can a govt ask pple 2 pay 4 sumfin wen d govt itself isn't ready 2 make any sacrifices in d@ order, we all know whr all dis is headed jst that our insincerity,insensitivity,pride greed and corruption will neva allow us c d real reality, charity begins @ home.when d head is faulty how can d body b healthy??, NEVER!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by NGNFuture: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Proceeds from the subsidy removal in my own opinion will only make more money available for those VULTURES in Goverment to steal.
What have they been doing with funds earmarked for Infrastructural development in time past ? We all know the answer to this I believe.
Power genaration and supply has always been an Issue in this country since i was a child but alas  i have my own kids now, and the problem is even worse. If nothing is sincerely done to address CORRUPTION in this country, we all can be sure that the Generation of our Grand Grand Children will experience worse.
Imagine a major Oil producing country without a functional rail system - Where is the monies going to ?

This is the time to all speak out to thrash Injustice in this country !!!

The presidents , subsidy removal solution to Nigerias Problem can be Likened to a Doctor recommending overdose of medications to a patient in order to quickly cure him/her of the ailment but unfortunately these will have the opposite effect on the patient (It will kill the Patient).
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
Personally I would discourage any person from SE to participate in the so called demonstration. The subsidy is affecting everybody but then it's their one Nigeria (NN/SW ) you people should clean up the mess you put Nigerians in since the creation of this joke call Nigeria.

On the other hand, in most places casualties are being counted in single digit, by the time the people of SE starts demonstrating FG will unleash her killing machines on my people (in the name of accidental discharge) and you will start reading about double digit casualty among the protestants. As the saying goes in my place "agbesi tuo otune omulu ako"
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by rabzy01: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
Bauchi, today, 5 Jan 2012

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by andyandy: 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
benin- city

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2012
More from benin-city today

[img]https://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F171753217[/img]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by beeke(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
Rich4god:

What is happening to my brothers in SE, are we just going to swallow the effect without a fight. Realy, what i have witnessed with my eyes in kano has taken me aback,  Plz this protest migth even go a long way to foster our national unity.
Which fight abeg free SE, d one wey we fight for before wetin we get expect name calling. i am in support of subsidy removal but the problem i have with GEJ is the timing shikena, if we continue to subsidize fuel our economy is heading to the rocks in no distance future. instead what we Nigerians need to do is to push for accountability and mount pressure on NASS to pass a death or life in imprisonment without parole to corrupt officials.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bassette(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
We all know our leaders have accountability problems aka corruption in high places, dis is a failed project!sadly they know it but will still go ahead with it, God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Hardeyoye: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Lujan
If u support this removal then u are the one dat is not well informed on the issue. Why can't this govt do sth about our refineries? Must we refine our crude oil outside d shores of this country? JEG says our economy will collapse in 2yrs if subsidy is not removed, ok, can't we put our CLAIMED MORIBOUND refineries in order b4 d 2yrs? If our father is have so many cattles and goat and we are only eating bone, wot does dat means to u? What if we don't have crude oil in dis country? Believe u me or not, these people do not have ur interest and mine on their minds, they are just thieves and roborts being used by World Bank/IMF tru Iweala.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
Emir Of Bauchi Addressing Potesters
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by chuksikem(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
Rich4god:

STFU man, angrykindly ask any elder in your family to regale you of his or her experience of what truly happened during the civil war, the great betrayal we suffered from the south-west and the british folks, those people betrayed the very fabric of trust that binds us together, angry angry

The igbo man can never spell his own blood for the good of this unholy marriage called nigeria, never

Hapu ha ka ha gbu cha onwe ha, let this country break up, it is long overdue,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.