Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114434 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
info.fta:

Protest has began in Benin City, Edo state. Mass protest tomorrow at King Square ground, Ring Road, Benin City.

please benin people should come out !!!!!!

Come out and post on NL so we can shut bigots up thanks

la ohe and protest

great ovaedo domo edo enowanren cool
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ceah(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
Alh_Harem, i Love your swag, lol, grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2012
ceah:

Alh_Harem, i Love your swag, lol, grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

lol thanks YesI am learning edo cool smiley
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ceah(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

lol thanks YesI am learning edo cool smiley

Where is your friend Beaf? I heard he's protesting in Kano, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2012
ceah:

Where is your friend Beaf? I heard he's protesting in Kano, grin grin grin grin grin

Beaf is not my friend

He is an enemy of the state, an enemy of the people of Nigeria

He is a bigot and refers to Northerners, middle belt, edo, and South-westerners as Parasites

No way would someone that incites hate, tribalism and hardship of Nigerians be a friend of mine.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Funkymallam(m): 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
Kano liberation square is turning into tahir square in egypt.
Where are those lagos protesters? This is what we call d mother of all protests, even with d chilly weather in kano peeps have refused to leave d liberation sqare, plus d great understanding btw d xtians and muslims, protesting together and watching each other's back.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jmaine: 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
^
Wetin that Lagos diss mean cheesy . . . . . . The coming days would be decisive
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ceah(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Beaf is not my friend

He is an enemy of the state, an enemy of the people of Nigeria

He is a bigot and refers to Northerners, middle belt, edo, and South-westerners as Parasites

No way would someone that incites hate, tribalism and hardship of Nigerians be a friend of mine.

Sacarsm bro, lol, you didnt get my J.oke , everyone know Beaf is an enemy of The State , grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by JamesDoe: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
Funkymallam:

Kano liberation square is turning into tahir square in egypt.
Where are those lagos protesters? This is what we call d mother of all protests, even with d chilly weather in kano peeps have refused to leave d liberation sqare, plus d great understanding btw d xtians and muslims, protesting together and watching each other's back.

Well done to the Kano progressives, I hope all Nigerians can stay focused. The goal should not just be proper accountability for petrol costs but a real and sustained approach to reduce and eliminate corruption.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Funkymallam(m): 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
jmaine:

^
Wetin that Lagos diss mean  cheesy  . . . . . . The coming days would be decisive

I hear u bros, Lagosians cant leave their comfort zone, not @ nyt when they all still fuel dia gens to watch epl and other dstv channels.
Here in kano men are donating biscuits, local bread, water and cash to stay put @ d liberation square.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
ceah:

Sacarsm bro, lol, you didnt get my J.oke , everyone know Beaf is an enemy of The State , grin grin grin
grin grin Ok smiley
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
Funkymallam:

I hear u bros, Lagosians cant leave their comfort zone, not @ nyt when they all still fuel dia gens to watch epl and other dstv channels.
Here in kano men are donating biscuits, local bread, water and cash to stay put @ d liberation square.

aboki, well done. I though you were subsidy crazy before what happened. You were supporting beaf to remove the subsidy without accountability.

also Lagos did well. Kano, kebbi, kaduna did very well. I am proud to be a Nigerian

Ibadan and Illorin also reresented

Benue and kogi did well also

I am very proud cool cool cool

God bless Nigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Pain(m): 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2012
With all this "e-Lynching" I guess Beaf will be made "Roasted Beaf" or Burnt @ Stake if his identity and address is ever revealed? cheesy

I already smell dead meat oops! Sorry dead beaf shocked
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Funkymallam(m): 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

aboki, well done. I though you were subsidy crazy before what happened. You were supporting beaf to remove the subsidy without accountability.

also Lagos did well. Kano, kebbi, kaduna did very well. I am proud to be a Nigerian

Ibadan and Illorin also reresented

Benue and kogi did well also

I am very proud cool cool cool

God bless Nigeria

Aboki na, i still support subsidy removal but what am against is the timing and d govt insincerity on hw to spend the savings.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
Funkymallam:

Aboki na, i still support subsidy removal but what am against is the timing and d govt insincerity on hw to spend the savings.

That is the exact thing we all are protesting for. To be honest GEJ government has been good so far until now. Even I became a pro-GEJ at some point but this is too much. He is planning to reduce the price to 100 naira but is was never about the price of fuel but the accountability and honesty in accounting for the infrastructures etc that is what people are protesting for.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Pain(m): 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
Please Compare

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bappahman: 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
Kano boys

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Horus(m): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpc8gwCXDn8#![/flash]

"Occupy Nigeria" Protest, Lagos. Nigerians say "NO" to Fuel Subsidy Removal
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by dayokanu(m): 12:48am On Jan 05, 2012
Hmmm

Kudos to Kano people
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 1:33am On Jan 05, 2012
Protesters attacked in kano by security forces. !!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 1:51am On Jan 05, 2012
North central Christians mobilise against fuel subsidy

Jos: Two civil right groups, the United Action for Democracy (UAD), North Central Zone and Christian Foundation for Social Justice and Equity say they would mobilize citizens in the zone to embark on mass protests against the removal of oil subsidy as from Monday. The groups in a joint statement on Wednesday signed by Messrs Joseph Sangosanya and Jide Afolabi for the Christian foundation and UAD respectively, described the increase in the price of petrol as inhuman considering the hardship Nigerians were already going through.

“We consider this policy not only insensitive, ill thought out and absolutely unnecessary, but also provocative and inhumane. Given the fact that 80% of Nigerians live below what is considered the poverty line, and 90% live on less than two dollars a day, an increase of this magnitude or whatever magnitude for that matter will spell social and economic doom for the vast majority of Nigerians who are already overburdened by unemployment, poor infrastructure, high cost of living, unaffordable basic social services and dwindling livelihoods.

“As it stands, cost of transport, goods and other services have already tripled in all states of the North Central Zone and elsewhere. Transport fare from Jos to Abuja that used to be N1, 200, is now N2500. Some families who travelled out of the State for the festivities are already stranded as their budget can no longer take them back home”, it said.

The statement added that Nigerians were not convinced on government’s pledge of judicious use of the money saved from the subsidy removal adding, “going by previous similar promises by the same economic think tank (like the $1billion to be saved annually from Paris Club debt deal and channeled into critical infrastructure), it is clear that this government has neither the will nor the sincerity of purpose to pursue real transformative and poverty alleviating economic reforms.

Worse still, government’s failure to tackle the ‘cabal’ which it claims at every instance is responsible for colossal fraud in oil importation, and its failure to revamp the refineries (which by the way if operating at installed capacity can provide both the real and ‘ghost’ local consumption figures), is proof of this.

It is worrying that in a country that is rated as a key exporter of crude oil on the one hand, while its citizens are noted as some of the poorest in the world on the other; government will even contemplate such a debilitating economic policy.”

It added: “Beginning from Monday the 9th of January, 2012, we shall mobilize citizens to begin an indefinite series of mass actions aimed to registering discontent over the suffering this policy has already begun to bring about.”

It condemned attempts by some state governments to ban protests arguing that freedom of assembly and to protest against unpopular government policies were constitutionally guaranteed rights of citizens.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/groups-mobilize-against-fuel-subsidy-removal/
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PapaBrowne(m): 4:52am On Jan 05, 2012
From the pictures I see here, looks like these protests might just be DeadOnArrival! Crowds of 50- 100 people wouldn't lead to nothing!!
Only Kano seems to be making any impact.  Problem is that on Friday after prayers, the regular almajiri would take to the streets and start destroying "the enemy"- Christians and Southerners"!

We should expend our energies better by fighting against government corruption and wasteful expenses. Subsidizing consumption is always a bad thing.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 05, 2012
^^^^^
we know those who expend their energy on deceitful spin and spell

go somewhere and lie about Lagos benin expressway
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PapaBrowne(m): 6:41am On Jan 05, 2012
oyb:

^^^^^
we know those who expend their energy on deceitful spin and spell

go somewhere and lie about[b] Lagos benin expressway [/b]

I travelled that road again yesterday and it is smooth as silk!! Lovely ride I had. As for spin and spell, we will keep using it on you folks until y'all learn to upgrade ur intell levels a little!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2012
Horus:

[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpc8gwCXDn8#![/flash]

"Occupy Nigeria" Protest, Lagos. Nigerians say "NO" to Fuel Subsidy Removal

In this video I saw people whose physical attributes fit those of IGBOS,YORUBAS,HAUSAS. . . .

I saw Muslims, I saw Christians. . . . .

I heard Igbo accent. I heard Edo accent. I heard Yoruba accent. . .

I Saw A (definite) Yoruba Man  criticizing  ACN,Fashola and Tinubu . . . . .

I also saw poor people. Suffering people that refuse to be defeated,

BEAF, You, Your Cohorts and your generation will never have happiness.

Amen!!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2012
PapaBrowne:

I travelled that road again yesterday and it is smooth as silk!! Lovely ride I had. As for spin and spell, we will keep using it on you folks until y'all learn to upgrade your intell levels a little!!

Hhahahaha Look at this mumu. Ode! Look as e spell "INTEL".

Listen, you diseased monkey, when katakata finally bust GEJ will load up a plane and flee with his fat illiterate wife and you. . . . You'll be left sucking your thumb hoping to hoodwink the new Regime with your praise singing. I trust the New Govt, na stake dem go tie you put and the last words you'll hear will be ". . 2, 3. FIYYYYAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Just watch, once they find a fellow Ijaw willing to read that take over speech you and your cronies will be left biting dust.

Bunch of Basta*ards that should have been swallowed, spit out, aborted  or received as an*al!!!

Just watch!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by garba(m): 7:38am On Jan 05, 2012
silver jubilee square in kano was occupied throughout last night
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by garba(m): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2012
silver jubilee square uccupied in kano over nyt. christian and muslims signed a pact of mutual trust yesterday!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:50am On Jan 05, 2012
@dawisu: A total of 17ppl were detained by d police from the kano protests but hav all been released as at 6am ths mrng! No death!
https://twitter.com/omojuwa/status/154845819428802560
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2012
RT @ogundamisi: FLASH! Kaduna & Edo State Hit town 4 #OCCUPYNIGERIA ANTI SUBSIDY REMOVAL PROTEST! Protesters av taken over kingsquare Benin
https://twitter.com/omojuwa/status/154843511835996160

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.