Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114490 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Demdem(m): 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2012
^^^
Excellent, the protest is spreading gradually. for those denying this, just wait, it will soon reach your doorsteps.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
“@sokeza: @omojuwa @elrufai @Naxeerr they r firing teargas canisters on us #occupygusau” #occupyNigeria # gusau
http://twitter.com/omojuwa/status/154524104299515905
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Afam4eva(m): 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
More pics pls?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
Peaceful prtsts going-on right now in Kano we r along Gadon kaya join us pls! @omojuwa @elrufai @NGNYouthForum @ogundamisi #OccupyNigeria
http://twitter.com/dawisu/status/154500910637268992

Like yday, tday also d police hav blocked d way to govt house! We r now at Silver Jubilee round about, which is our Liberation Sq! @elrufai
http://twitter.com/dawisu/status/154523672370098176
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2012
Benin city

BENIN CITY - A student body under the aegis of Edo Youths For Good Governance (EYFGG) yesterday carried out a protest march, calling on the federal government to revert its decision on the removal of fuel subsidy.

The group also circulated a letter which was signed by its President, J.C. Iyamu Osaro and Director of Public Affairs, Comrade Ehigiator James, saying the decision for the removal was orchestrated by the ruling class to continue to impoverish other poor Nigerians.

He said unemployment which had been the bane behind the criminal vices like kidnapping, armed robbery, bombing and insecurity in the land could have been addressed through direct investment on infrastructural development across the decaying sector of the economy that spaned the length and breathe of the country.

The group which carried placards with inscription such as: “Say no to fuel subsidy removal”, Say no to austerity measures” and Say no to local colonial leaders on fuel prices” accused the President Jonathan-led government of inflicting pains on Nigerians.

The statement added, “Since Jonathan emerged as the President of Nigeria, we have continued to experience economic crises, insecurity and another pain have been added unto our pains, we are saying no to fuel subsidy removal, we are saying that Jonathan should harness the resources of the country, he should create an idea that is geared towards impacting on the lives of our people.

Today we see austerity measure in the country; we are ready to join all the civil groups to protest the removal of fuel subsidy. We will continuously embark on massive protest, there is going to be revolution like what we see in Libya, Jonathan is a failure.

http://nigerianobservernews.com/04012012/news/news1.html
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bilaya(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
So much for protests.I shiver at the magnitude of the crowd.The crowd i see in that picture is so huge that Jonathan must be shivering with fear.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
benue state

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
Police Manhandling peaceful protesters in Makurdi, Benue State in North Central Nigeria

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Demdem(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
Good, abokis have joined.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
ZAMFARA STATE Lawmakers receive protesters
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Afam4eva(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
More pics pls?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
protest begins in warri !!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by profosahon: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
Based on the 2011 and 2012 budget proposals breakdown (www.budgetoffice.gov.ng) by Mr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. The administration has or would spend the following:

a. Presidency-State House-HQTRS

Total taxpayers money used to support the President and his office is N18 344 524 169(Over 18 billion) in 2012.Which include such expenses as:

1. Purchase of buses for N161,270,120 (almost 170 million naira) which was also provided for in
the 2011 budget to the tune of N323 055 556 (over 323 million naira).The question I have for the presidency is whether they are running a transportation company and whether all the buses they bought in 2011 have suddenly broke down when they budgeted over N382 Million for vehicle maintenance in 2012 and N480 million in 2011

2. Purchase of Scanners for 2011 budget is N224Million naira including a library scanner and public address system and Purchase of scanners for 2012 budget is over N150million for a public address system. The question I have for the presidency is why there are so many duplication.

All these outrageous expenses are repeated throughout the 2012 budget proposal by Jonathan(from the Presidency to the Federal Civil Service Commission)

Please my people are these cost below reasonable.(this was lifted directly from the 2012 budget)

PURCHASE OF UTILITY & OPERATIONAL VEHICLES FOR THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT: 3 UTILITY JEEPS @ N17,050,000 EACH = N51,150,000; II). 3 CONVOY SALOON CARS @ N6,328,625 EACH = 18,985,875; III). 10 POOL SALOON CARS @ N5,445,000 EACH = N54,450,000; IV). 3 HIACE BUSSES @ N5,445,000 EACH = N16,335,000; IV). 1 TRANSIT COASTER BUS (18 SEATER) @ N12,650,000 AND 1 CREW HIACE BUSE WITH (10-12 SEATERS) @ N5,445,000,

We cannot tightened our belts when he cannot do same.Jonathan Cut this outrageous expenditures and use the savings to fix our power and transport infrastructures.the sudsidy removal would further worsen the already tense security situation in the country.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by calaway: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
IDLE FREE LOADERS WASTING THEIR TIME AS USUAL IN LAGOS. BK HARAM  KINSMEN RUNNING AROUND IN THE NORTH BE WARNED ANY NONE MUSLIMS WHO DARES FOLLOW THE IDLE LOT IN KANO AND KATSINA WILL SOON GET KILLED BY THE REAL ETHNIC BIGOTS.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE SS/SE TO MAKE THIER STATMENT. BLOW UP ALL OIL INSTALLATIONS AND STOP THE SALE OF OIL FOR 2 MONTHS LET US BRING THESE IDLE PEOPLE TO THEIR KNEES.
AFTERALL HE WHO PAYS THE PIPER MUST DICTATE THE TUNE.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Slyr0x: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=15pt]KATSINA[/size]

[img]https://p.twimg.com/AiT-zwyCEAAqBZ-.jpg:large[/img]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Slyr0x: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=15pt]ZAMFARA[/size]

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by beknown(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
Use your GSM phone or Digital camera to record illegal Police activities and post online to help international campaign.

The more video evidence we have the better.

Video recorded evidence will go around the world in a flash.

Video evidence will really broadcast the message loud and clear around the world.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by shesi(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
in the whole time i've been visiting this site, this is the first time i've seen nigerians (north and south) come together on anything. interesting.

but i believe the move is the right one. goodluck jonathan has proved himself to be a strongman. i hope he stands firm.

what is fueling the anger is infact the impression (or is it concrete knowledge?) that corrupt politicans are milking nigeria dry. Make the fight about that, not about subsidy removal. Cus as at now, the rest of the world is really not that sympathetic to your cause.

Make the fight about corrupt politicians and you really have a movement the rest of the world can rally behind and support.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
shesi:

in the whole time i've been visiting this site, this is the first time i've seen nigerians (north and south) come together on anything. interesting.

but i believe the move is the right one. goodluck jonathan has proved himself to be a strongman. i hope he stands firm.

what is fueling the anger is infact the impression (or is it concrete knowledge?) that corrupt politicans are milking nigeria dry. Make the fight about that, not about subsidy removal. Cus as at now, the rest of the world is really not that sympathetic to your cause.

Make the fight about corrupt politicians and you really have a movement the rest of the world can rally behind and support.

Sorry to burst ur bubble, the SE has not done any protest thus it is NOT THE WHOLE NIGERIA

thanks
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Demdem(m): 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
shesi:

Go here and come back to tell me who the real thief is.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-838496.99999.html#bot
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by manugbo(m): 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
biko,onyeobula kuziere nwa ya igbo.
nihi na oge eruwego mgbe asusu ga anaputa ndi madu , mgbe nsogbu ga ebido.

o naha eseti nwagbe nta.

udo dili ndigbo
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
shesi:

here is ur answer

manugbo:

biko,onyeobula kuziere nwa ya igbo.
nihi na oge eruwego mgbe asusu ga anaputa ndi madu , mgbe nsogbu ga ebido.

o naha eseti nwagbe nta.

udo dili ndigbo
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Natasha2(f): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
shesi:

but i believe the move is the right one. goodluck jonathan has proved himself to be a strongman. i  hope he stands firm.

Right move? maybe not, of course they will say its beneficial, but will the subsidy funds be used rightly? <<< This I doubt with the whole of my heart.  
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by manugbo(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
GEJ EBELE, Ima na ebelegi na emerem, nihi na ndi awusa ejirigo braini gi nua gari ijebu.  
ewooo, ndo oho!
shocked
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by BizNews: 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
Nigerians are voting  #FuelSubsidy #OccupyNigeria , What's your take ? Vote, Comment and Share http://twtpoll.com/3vdyst , Link will be submitted to President  Jonathan facebook  page
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by manugbo(m): 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
gej. abi u want to use the subsidy money nill off all the debt wey those past untouchable predosss commited.

THE UNTOUCHABLESS. IBBBBS AND CO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.