Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,276 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: (5415 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / I Can't Believe That Guys Will Sleep With Those Rough Looking Girls In Brothels / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by eatme: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2012
And they tend to only select one word out of a story and build their own story from it. For example,

I recently booked a flight to Nigeria. And while I was ticket searching, the most reasonable price from Toronto was double the amount of the one I found departing from Buffalo, NY. So, I decided to book the buffalo ticket and plan to use greyhound services from Toronto to BUF if I'm unable to find someone to drop me off.

Anyways, I have this one dude that's been toasting me (mind you, he didn't even contribute to my flight ticket angry angry), so, I was explaining to him the situation and why I decided to fly out from BUF instead of Pearson. The response I received from him came at me from left fields, "AH, so you are going to America to visit your boyfriends and you will be using greyhound. Why are you being a cheap girl."  cry cry cry cry cry

What the heck Naija men, bikonu, help me understand where be drew that conclusion from my explained traveling arrangements.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MrCork17: 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2012
did you fall from a tree this morning? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by eatme: 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
Mr, Cork:

did you fall from a tree this morning? undecided

Care to expand?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by kokoye(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
Based on your title,  you decided to generalise, and yet to want us to respond?

One guy misread your lines, and you are here crucifying an entire nation.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
@OP: What he said has nothing to do with selective listening. Most human beings have selective hearing. It's not something that is native to only Nigerian guys. Sitting here and saying that it is something that our Nigerian brothers possess just because you didn't get money out of some guy is no reason to make such a general statement.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by kokoye(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2012
by the way, how far is the drive from Toronto to Buffalo?

I'm sure it aint 30mins.

So you expect the guy the carry you to wherever because he's toasting you

when I talk now you will say i'm yabbing women
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MrsChima1(f): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
A cheap man posted!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by kokoye(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

A smart man posted
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by eatme: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
kokoye:

by the way, how far is the drive from Toronto to Buffalo?

I'm sure it aint 30mins.

So you expect the guy the carry you to wherever because he's toasting you 

when I talk now you will say i'm yabbing women

The drive from where I am to BUF is about 2hrs. I've had guys do this for me in the past, so, why shouldn't he? And plus, I didn't ask him to give me ride, neither have I had to "ask" in the past. Well, at least not directly.

But lets not lose focus, lets get back on track. This isn't a one time occurrence, Nigerian men always do this to me. I give them a 5 sentence paragraph, and all they do is seek out one keyboard and construct a whole different story that is none related to my original paragraph.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
eatme:

The drive from where I am to BUF is about 3.5hrs. I've had guys do this for me in the past, so, why shouldn't he? And plus, I didn't ask him to give me ride, neither have I had to "ask" in the past. Well, at least not directly.

But lets not lose focus, lets get back on track. This isn't a one time occurrence, Nigerian men always do this to me. I give them a 5 sentence paragraph, and all they do is seek out one keyboard and construct a whole different story that is none related to my original paragraph.

Nigerian men blah blah blah. . . Yawns!

On behalf of all Nigerian men, the middle finger of my right hand says "hi"! smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by kokoye(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
eatme:

The drive from where I am to BUF is about 2hrs. I've had guys do this for me in the past, so, why shouldn't he? And plus, I didn't ask him to give me ride, neither have I had to "ask" in the past. Well, at least not directly.

well then, stop looking to 'Nigerian men' for help.

Shikena

Let's see if your  dear western men will not charge you for giving you a short ride

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by eridah2007(m): 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
Lolz grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by randyorton: 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Op,
cheap girl. Why do u think u deserve any favor from d guy? Cos of that smelling gutter between ur legs. Stu.pid who.res

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by tashanja(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2012
^^^^You are so kind, if you hadn't already spoken, I would have called her worse; but unfortunately, you beat me to it. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2012
eatme:

(mind you, he didn't even contribute to my flight ticket angry angry),

I surmise that this was why you were riled up.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by tellwisdom: 12:05am On Jan 07, 2012
Op, if i was the guy, i will lift you down to a forest and drop your arse with the animals there! undecided undecided.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by eatme: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2012
randyorton:

@Op,
cheap girl. Why do u think u deserve any favor from d guy? Cos of that smelling gutter between your legs. Stu.pid who.res

Why you mad, son?

omo_to_dun:

[font=Courier new]I surmise that this was why you were riled up.

Not at all!

randyorton:

@Op,
cheap girl. Why do u think u deserve any favor from d guy? Cos of that smelling gutter between your legs. Stu.pid who.res

Please don't impose your wife/sisters/mother/girlfriend's conditions on me  angry

[/font]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by SAFO(m): 12:57am On Jan 07, 2012
eatme:

Anyways, I have this one dude that's been toasting me (mind you, he didn't even contribute to my flight ticket angry angry),

Is this the going rate for toasting now? SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2012
kokoye:

Based on your title,  you decided to generalise, and yet to want us to respond?

One guy misread your lines, and you are here crucifying an entire nation.

hmmmmm. . .

kokoye:

well then, stop looking to 'Nigerian men' for help.

Shikena

Let's see if your  dear western men will not charge you for giving you a short ride

kokoye:

^^^

he's based in dubai - they drink oil there

kokoye:

Black people wont read this kinda epistle . . sorry

too long

kokoye:

real hair ONLY . . .black girl?

good luck with that . . dont keep your hopes up

^^  angry

classic example of how to. . .
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxGD2XFgbkjEGmCZmB6YY1D97oYDrODqVcioXDiWO0uBj5nO-w7m0WdpgG[/img]

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 07, 2012
@topic: Don't say it's Nigerian men. . .COREKSHUNN: it's more like ALL men!!  grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 1:11am On Jan 07, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

@topic: Don't say it's Nigerian men. . .COREKSHUNN: it's more like ALL men!!  grin grin

lol you saying that reminds me of when a women will be talking to her boyfriend, husband, whatever you wanna call them, and they totally tune them out. When I was at my friends boyfriend's house a few weeks ago, my friend was talking to her boyfriend and I was in the kitchen watching the scenario about to unfold. . . So basically, my friend was talking to her boyfriend and he was talking back but the moment he changed the channel to ESPN, the man went deaf. I was crackin' up and shakin' my head the whole time.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MarcAnthon(m): 1:41am On Jan 07, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

lol you saying that reminds me of when a women will be talking to her boyfriend, husband, whatever you wanna call them, and they totally tune them out. When I was at my friends boyfriend's house a few weeks ago, my friend was talking to her boyfriend and I was in the kitchen watching the scenario about to unfold. . . So basically, my friend was talking to her boyfriend and he was talking back but the moment he changed the channel to ESPN, the man went deaf. I was crackin' up and shakin' my head the whole time.

Sports time is sacred time : PLEASE DON'T DISTURB.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 1:45am On Jan 07, 2012
MarcAnthon:

Sports time is sacred time : PLEASE DON'T DISTURB.

Oh really? Well if I undressed in front of a dude while he was watching sports and presented my goodies to him and asked him to choose between sports and a "good time", which one do you think he'll chose grin wink

It's ok though. I can always let a guy have his own time. I can even join as well. Not a big deal for me smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MarcAnthon(m): 1:52am On Jan 07, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Oh really? Well if I undressed in front of a dude and presented my goodies to him and asked him to choose between sports and a "good time", which one do you think he'll chose grin wink

It's ok though. I can always let a guy have his own time. I can even join as well. Not a big deal for me smiley

grin grin grin. . .erm in that case he can take 10mins off. He'll watch the highlights of the parts he missed later wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 1:53am On Jan 07, 2012
MarcAnthon:

grin grin grin. . .erm in that case he can take 10mins off. He'll watch the highlights of the parts he missed later  wink

Can't have your cake and eat it too grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MarcAnthon(m): 2:06am On Jan 07, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Can't have your cake and eat it too grin

But seriously I think the expectation is a bit unreal. Everyone needs his/her space. Needing your dude to be there 100% is a bit too clingy for me.
Ever had of the 'man cave'? A man needs this space, whether physically or metaphorically, to think, to sort himself out and trash out those things that worry him, or just to be by himself.

It becomes a problem when he retreats ever too often and for too long. But for some girls the moment you are quiet for two seconds it's a case of 'darling, what is it'? Often times it's NOTHING for God's sake. This neediness is what drives some men away at the end of the day. Not excusing that, but that's the way it is.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 2:12am On Jan 07, 2012
MarcAnthon:

But seriously I think the expectation is a bit unreal. Everyone needs his/her space. Needing your dude to be there 100% is a bit too clingy for me.
Ever had of the 'man cave'? A man needs this space, whether physically or metaphorically, to think, to sort himself out and trash out those things that worry him, or just to be by himself.

It becomes a problem when he retreats ever too often and for too long. But for some girls the moment you are quiet for two seconds it's a case of 'darling, what is it'? Often times it's NOTHING for God's sake. This neediness is what drives some men away at the end of the day. Not excusing that, but that's the way it is.

Man caves are silly [no vex o!]but I agree that with what you said about people needing their space. I used to laugh at girls who who used to pester their boyfriends and expect to be with them 24/7. Regardless of a relationship, people as a whole need space at times. I used like a guy who for whatever reason reason thought I should be with him and call him constantly. Chei, the whole thing just perplexed me. Eventually at some point in time, I just said "Fück it! No wonder all your previous girlfriends left you."
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Jenifa1: 2:14am On Jan 07, 2012
eatme:

Anyways, I have this one dude that's been toasting me (mind you, he didn't even contribute to my flight ticket angry angry), so, I was explaining to him the situation and why I decided to fly out from BUF instead of Pearson. The response I received from him came at me from left fields, "AH, so you are going to America to visit your boyfriends and you will be using greyhound. Why are you being a cheap girl."  cry cry cry cry cry

What the heck Naija men, bikonu, help me understand where be drew that conclusion from my explained traveling arrangements.

I think he's looking for a sugar mommy.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 07, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

you see?! grin grin

exactly!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MarcAnthon(m): 2:25am On Jan 07, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Man caves are silly [ne vex o!]but I agree that with what you said about people needing their space. I used to laugh at girls who who used to pester their boyfriends and expect to be with them 24/7. Regardless of a relationship, people as a whole need space at times. I used like a guy who for whatever reason reason thought I should be with him and call him constantly. Chei, the whole thing just perplexed me. Eventually at some point in time, I just said "Fück it! No wonder all your previous girlfriends left you."

Well it's the same thing, isn't it? Cave = Space. But at least we agree on the latter. smiley

MsDarkSkin:

you see?! grin grin
exactly!!
Missy, did you miss the part where I said sports time is sacred time? tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 2:44am On Jan 07, 2012
MarcAnthon:

Well it's the same thing, isn't it? Cave = Space. But at least we agree on the latter.  smiley

Chei, even the thought of being with someone 24/7 scares the shït out of me. There are few people I can be confined with and not go mad.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MrsChima1(f): 2:50am On Jan 07, 2012
Ladies, if your guy ignores you during sport time, ignore him during bed time. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Male Friend "Raped" Me (A Story Of Close Intimacy With Opposite Sex) / Should I Keep Talking With Her / My Experience With A Gay Colleague Yester Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.