Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: (5421 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / I Can't Believe That Guys Will Sleep With Those Rough Looking Girls In Brothels / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MrsChima1(f): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2012
MarcAnthon:

grin grin grin

Which century do you think we're in? We were all born INTO feminism and women rights advocacy so we're used to women having their say. It's just that some women overdo things (on personal levels - what her man can bear) and trouble ensues. They forget that the man is still the HEAD of the home. You're welcome to have your say, but his say is final.
Women advocacy or not, if women understand and accept that the home will be more peaceful. Which is why you should be with a man you respect and who you think can make sound decisions in the first place.

Lol. . . On my part I kind of already know where the story is going and it becomes a case of why bother?

Feminism or Women Empowerment isn't encourage in many African countries and many of the male chatters on Nairaland are indeed African.  It shows in their write-up and responses to various subjects.  New School African men have better understanding of modern women and embrace it. 

As I stated before it is not a bad thing when you have a woman that can think as well.  If we are going to blame feminism for anything we must also accept chauvinism is at fault as well.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by jaybee3(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Inked
Did you get my fb msg?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by freecocoa(f): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
I'm confused and lost on this thread,please what's the topic again,anybody?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
jay bee:

@Inked
Did you get my fb msg?

I'll go check it right now wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by SAFO(m): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
- you must think when adding salt to the pepa soup.
- you must think when changing the babies diapers
- you must think when cleaning house
- you must think when punishing the kids

Chei, is that not thinking enuff  angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by vislabraye(m): 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
I would have supported the lady but when she said that "and he did contribute to my fare" just spoilt everything. Y should he pay for ur fare ? Because he toasted you so u expect him to pay for your fare. That is a cheap mentality. If he did that, wont you be calling him a mugu?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by InkedNerd(f): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
vislabraye:

I would have supported the lady but when she said that "and he did contribute to my fare" just spoilt everything. [b]Y should he pay for your fare ? Because he toasted you so u expect him to pay for your fare. [/b]That is a cheap mentality. If he did that, wont you be calling him a mugu?

Good question, I was wondering the same thing as well undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
What the hell is a 'selective listener'? ? ? Wetin person no go hear for hia.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MrsChima1(f): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2012
SAFO:

- you must think when adding salt to the pepa soup.
- you must think when changing the babies diapers
- you must think when cleaning house
- you must think when punishing the kids

Chei, is that not thinking enuff  angry

No, that is typically the job of a housemaid/boy.  What about women joining in with men finding cure for AIDS, designing effective automobiles, and implement effective global economic policies?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by ace4luv69(m): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
M or F? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by eatme: 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
Well, perhaps I should have clarified?

The said guy and I have been "talking" for 2 years. I'm extremely "unsure" of him hence why I've held him in the "friendship zone." The least he could have done was offered and allowed me the option to refuse! And no, I wouldn't have thought he was a mugu. Why would that make him a mugu? I'm not just some random girl he picked from a club last week. Na wa for you people!!

Where are all the fyne girls for Canada, Yankee and Jand wey fit understand wetin I dey yarn?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2012
The fyne girls for canada, yankee and jand are probably wondering what's wrong with your medulla box! cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Caliente(m): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
sexkillz:

The fyne girls for canada, yankee and jand are probably wondering what's wrong with your medulla box! cheesy

[size=13pt]None of them wants to support an opinion that puts their claim to homo sapien at risk  cheesy smiley cheesy[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
Caliente:

[size=13pt]None of them wants to support an opinion that puts their claim to homo sapien at risk  cheesy smiley cheesy[/size]
I Swearigawd. . . grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Theblessed(f): 2:01am On Jan 08, 2012
[size=16pt]No! Rather, men are generally selective listeners who wants to hear what they want to hear.

So, only speak what they want to hear and they will listen.

Remember, they don't like responsibilities, and are good at abandonment - sure they will leave you holding the baby in the middle of the ocean, honest! 

Therefore, don't speak responsibility, women independence and certainly, don't speak equality instead, speak goodtime, bedroom business and good meals for their belly honest, they will hear you!

Try it!!!!! grin

[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by MarcAnthon(m): 3:30am On Jan 08, 2012
Theblessed:

No! Rather, men are generally selective listeners who wants to hear what they want to hear.

Remember, they don't like responsibilities, and are good at abandonment - sure they will leave you holding the baby in the middle of the ocean, honest! 

Therefore, don't speak responsibility, women independence and certainly, don't speak equality instead, speak goodtime, bedroom business and good meals for their belly honest, they will hear you!

Try it!!!!! grin

Seriously? You should change the kind of men you've been hanging out with. You've apparently been hanging out with the wrong bunch and it also shows that your character could be suspect as well. . . remember that you attract what you really are. Good luck with that.

Hope you're getting child support for your kid?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 08, 2012
MarcAnthon:

Hope you're getting child support for your kid?

ok bro that's fugged up! grin grin

Theblessed:

[size=16pt]No! Rather, men are generally selective listeners who wants to hear what they want to hear.

Try it!!!!! grin

[/size]

natasha?  undecided

anyway you have a good point!! sensible talk to some men is like kryptonite to superman  grin grin truss mi  wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by claremont(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2012
So because a man, who happens to be Nigerian, asked a simple question and/or didn't give you a lift, you now start ranting that Nigerian men are selective listeners?! This analogy says a whole lot about your intellect and way of reasoning.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by kaykaybaba(m): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2012
OP has serious issues!! so does Theblessed!

Theblessed:

[size=16pt]

[/size]

<---wonder what brought this about undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by Theblessed(f): 2:15am On Jan 10, 2012
[size=18pt]Oh, I have rattled one of the abandoning and part-time dads of this world hence, the above!

Sorry if I'd touched a nerve, your hand work would locate you in no less than 20 years time!!!!!

You can run but you can't hide!  You see, those little babies you and your kind left starving needs some milk inside their tender stomachs and not starvation, ok!

Get a job, do something to feed the Football team you brought into the world by different women, lazy and dull brain!

If I were you, go now je je je je and make amends otherwise, your evil will catch up with you, and soon! angry angry

[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Selective Listeners? I Can't Believe This: by kaykaybaba(m): 3:39am On Jan 10, 2012
There must be something in the air this new year. I'm convinced. Your post is so asinine, it makes me wonder who let you out. Smh. Get back in your cage please angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As Man Can You Date Or Marry A Single Mother? / When A Guy Constantly Use Pidgin English During Conversations. / My Bae Is Beautiful, Don't You Think So?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.